Last post by Fits
Today 01:13 PM

Old April 11th, 2019, 04:53 PM
Crazy Fox Lover

My Mood: Dreaming

Default Re: ShadowClan Territory

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arié View Post

Ravenvine looked up as Tuftbreeze walked over to him the scent of blackbird clear in her wake. "You're right.. I've gotten too used not to hunt for food. I really need to get back into hunting, like I know I am still getting used to this but I feel like a burden rather than an asset." He just blurted everything out, not knowing what he was even saying before he looked in down in slight shame. "Sorry, I didn't mean to interrupt you, I am progressing quite well, I think." He walked down into the hole and felt around for any loose dirt that would fall down and make them itch, none were to be felt at least. He then walked over to Tuftbreeze by her scent and stuck his face down to the ground, locating the moss pretty easily. Picking up the bundle gingerly he walked back to the nest by retracing his steps and laid down the moss stamping on slightly before pushing it down completely with his paws. He then curled up and laid his head on his paws looking ahead, his slightly blind eye playing with the shadows from the pines. He turned his head and began cleaning the coal fur that he could barely glimpse and the filth from the earth touched his tongue and he spat shaking his head funnily enough trying to get the taste off. He couldn't see anything but the shadows yet touching with his tail he did feel the soft layer of dirt that had come off when he had dug the shelter. Trying to focus his head on Tufty's body, he said, "How am I gonna get all of this off? I won't sacrifice any of our tongues for that."
Tuftbreeze frowned, passion making her voice harsher. "You are not a burden," she huffed, before realizing her tone. "Sorry, I didn't mean to snap, I just... I don't want you feeling that way, Raven. No one sees you like that. You shouldn't, either." She padded forward, giving the tom a gentle lick on the cheek. The molly backed up when he looked for the moss, hopping out of the ditch and turning around to watch as he spread the moss. "I'd suggest finding a stream, if you're up for getting soaked. Otherwise our tongues will have to suffer through." She leaned forward, sniffing at the dirt on his neck and scrunching her nose up. "I for one am up for a water bath." Like most Shadowclanners, she wasn't exactly fond of water, but if it meant saving her poor taste buds then Tuftbreeze was all in. She backed up and perked her ears, listening for any indicators of nearby water. "I think there's a stream that runs near here."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cindercloud777 View Post
Duskwing felt a rush of pride at how happy Sunmist seemed to be. She's always struggled to make others smile, the feeling making her all warm and fuzzy inside. Yet it all felt so foreign and confusing at the same time for the molly. "Ooh, that's right. My own set of personal assistants." Her whiskers twitched in amusement at the thought. While the joke was dark, the she-cat didn't seem too particularly bothered by it. She always joked about herself in that way, whether that was a good thing or not.

It was the tortoiseshell's turn to imagine the tom as a father. Obviously he'd be fit for the task, considering he's been around the nursery plenty of times. His friendly personality and sense of humor made him comfortable to be around. With a nod of her head, she held a similar frown upon her face. "I understand that feeling. Everyone's been getting together and having their own families. For Starclan's sake, I'm pretty sure my own brother has his eyes on some molly too," She gave a light-hearted laugh. There was a flicker of envy in her eye, but it disappeared as quickly as it had appeared.

"I know I can be a little.. Rude.. At times," Duskwing felt her fur heat up in embarrassment. "But it doesn't mean I don't want to be with somebody, you know? I can't help but feel it's my appearance that puts off most." Realizing that she had been starting to open up about her insecurities, she coughed and ended her 'embarrassing' venting. "Sorry- I didn't mean to just.. Put myself down in front of you. That was rude." She grimaced, "I suppose that makes two of us then. I'm not good at taking compliments either."

The molly was relieved when the subject eventually changed to the interesting tale of Sunmist's first gathering. "Crowfood? Oh, how terrifying! I won't tell a soul." She poked fun at his attempt to be intimidating, but she truly did mean the last part. Her eyes glimmered with interest and amusement the entire time he told the story, letting out a snort or two at the funnier parts. At the end of the tale, she had found herself laughing alongside him. "That's awful! I'm s-sorry for laughing! Snrk.. It's a good thing she went in after you, even if you got the scolding of a lifetime." Duskwing's laughter had eventually subsided into a giggle or two, letting out a relaxed sigh after.
Sunmist chuckled, flicking his tail behind him. "Would you do me a favor and let me borrow some of them at times? I always manage to find some job or another that requires a few helping paws." Actually thinking about the scenario, the tom couldn't help but laugh when he imagined Duskwing bossing around a herd of apprentices. "Gee, I used to be terrified at the thought of growing old, but now I think I wouldn't mind being an elder if it meant I got to have apprentices pampering me." He didn't fully mean it - of course, he wasn't ready to retire anytime soon - but he definitely wasn't as afraid of old age as he used to be.

"Really?" Sunmist asked, his thoughts leading to what Lightpaw might be doing if she were still here. Knowing his sister, she'd probably be with the rest of the cats their age, expecting or just delivered. A bittersweet smile broke through for a moment before he managed to hide it, throwing out the first question that came to mind in an attempt to bring his head back down to earth. "I'm sorry, remind me who your brother is? I'm not the best at knowing relations in the clan." He looked at the molly through narrowed eyes as he tried to piece together which of his clanmates would be Duskwing's brother, and who might've been in the medicine den for a serious injury recently, but no tom came to mind.

Sunmist noticed the molly's embarrassment - it was hard not to - but he didn't point it out, ignoring it so as not to embarrass her further. "I think that part's in your head. There's some cats here that are judgmental of looks, sure, but most of the clan doesn't mind so much. I'm going to be completely frank with you for a moment, please don't get angry," the tom warned, preparing to be almost brutally truthful. "I've, uh, definitely heard cats say you're pretty off-putting by your rudeness, but I've never heard one comment about your eye. You're a good warrior, so no one cares about your eye. I believe our clanmates are put off by your... harsher attitude. I know it can be hard to open up, but - well, you've been nothing but friendly to me! I'm sure you'd find someone rather quickly if you were just a bit more kind. And, I'm sorry if any of that upset you." He hesitated, before moving to tap the molly's back with his tail. "And if there are some cats who think it's a good idea to say something to you, don't be afraid to call them out on it - or come to me. You can handle yourself, I'm sure, but I'd happily step in if needed." He gave Duskwing a nod and withdrew his tail. "And you weren't being rude, by the way. Just opening up - and I appreciate you doing that."

"Good - you better mean that," the tom gave Duskwing a stern look, but only managed to hold it for all of two heartbeats before a grin broke out across his maw. Sunmist watched the molly laugh for a few moments before shaking his head with a chuckle, looking off the trees past them. "Don't apologize - I think it's funny too. Though that doesn't mean I'd want the entire clan hearing about it . Lucky me, everyone who witnessed it is either not in the clan or in Starclan now." He gave another shook of his head. "I don't even know the riverclan apprentice's name, but I actually appreciate her doing that. Not just saving me, but... well, showing me I wasn't all that. I think that's what started to change me. I can't imagine being like that now - I was unbearable." He gave another laugh before turning to the molly beside him, curiousity written all over his face. "What were you like as an apprentice?"

[COLOR="Pink"]I am an old user returning (and completely starting over). I may not remember you, if you do happen to remember me- I'm sorry!
|Character Site|
Old April 12th, 2019, 07:41 AM
emergency hiatus

My Mood: Queenly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doodle View Post

Tuftbreeze frowned, passion making her voice harsher. "You are not a burden," she huffed, before realizing her tone. "Sorry, I didn't mean to snap, I just... I don't want you feeling that way, Raven. No one sees you like that. You shouldn't, either." She padded forward, giving the tom a gentle lick on the cheek. The molly backed up when he looked for the moss, hopping out of the ditch and turning around to watch as he spread the moss. "I'd suggest finding a stream, if you're up for getting soaked. Otherwise our tongues will have to suffer through." She leaned forward, sniffing at the dirt on his neck and scrunching her nose up. "I for one am up for a water bath." Like most Shadowclanners, she wasn't exactly fond of water, but if it meant saving her poor taste buds then Tuftbreeze was all in. She backed up and perked her ears, listening for any indicators of nearby water. "I think there's a stream that runs near here."
"Water bath? In this swamp?" Ravenvine was shocked. He shook his head, "I don't think that is a good idea Tufty," he said giving her a gentle lick on the head. Yet his thought about the idea, it might be good. "Yeah I can hear the stream. I know where it is." Rising from his lying down position the obsidian tom nudged Tuftbreeze gently towards where he could hear the rushing water. Slowly taking the first step the tom was surprised to find the water warm. Was it possible that there was something warming it up somewhere? That would be great to find. Yet all of a sudden he started feeling cold, the fear and panic rising up in him and he fully panicked and started walking further forward having completely lost his sense of direction as soon as he had walking belly deep out into the water. "Tufty! Tuftbreeze?! Where are you?!!" He was in complete panic and was so confused that he was actually walking further down the stream than closer to the bank. "I don't know where I am! Help me!!" This was more in his mind because his paws could still feel the ground but he felt like he was being swept away, away somewhere. He started walking around in the water again and felt a pair of teeth in his scruff dragging him out of the water. That was when he realized he was shaking. "Never again!" he hissed still shaking with panic and fear from the rushing water around him. He could still feel it, slowly taking over him and dragging him down where he would have no way to find his way back.

Need help? VM or PM me

Bump after 48 hours
Exams are ongoing, replies will be slow

Art by @TawnyNeedsACoffee
Old April 13th, 2019, 08:15 AM

My Mood: Dark

Quote:
Originally Posted by TawnyNeedsACoffee View Post
(I'm sorry if I sound rude but could we maybe turn down the drama factor a bit? Sorry it's just becoming very confusing to RP as first they randomly get into an argument that started from nothing to now fluffy getting crushed by a tree? I mean I don't mind these things happening but not all at once, I feel it would be easier and smoother to RP the argument and tree Cushing over time and I sorta wanted the relationships to progress overtime and not full on random emotion changes. I apologise if I offended anyone but I feel the drama is too extreme atm. @~Silverkit~ )

MistyCry looked at EbonyPine as she then replied with a blank expression."Like FluffyBubble said it is between us so I can't tell you all the details but...I can...tell you what's on my mind?". She looked at him with a sad smile, she felt horrible for doing this, why was she so stubborn? MistyCry looked at him as she realised how close he was to her but she pushed the thought away.
(I agree with calming the drama down, it is a bit excessive, and a tad bit hard to rp with xD
Also, I apologize for a late response again, just a bit stressed from my job since we decided to strike lol.)

He nodded, understanding that it was only between her and her sister and that he should respect that. He was only concerned about what was happening and only wanted to help since they have helped him through a lot. He looked down at his paws. They were quite dingy from the loose dirt of the forest grounds. I could use a bath when I get back... He thought, then suddenly his head struck up again, looking at the shecat before him noticing he was getting randomly distracted, which was odd. That usually didn't happen. He did hear his words and he smiled, glad to at least hear that she'd at least speak her mind. "Yes, what's on your mind, Misty-Cry"

@~Silverkit~

Last edited by What a weirdo; April 13th, 2019 at 08:16 AM.
Old April 13th, 2019, 06:16 PM
Need Coffee? Ask Tawny!

Bump Policy: Bump me after 3 days please ^^
My Mood: Distracted

Quote:
Originally Posted by What a weirdo View Post
(I agree with calming the drama down, it is a bit excessive, and a tad bit hard to rp with xD
Also, I apologize for a late response again, just a bit stressed from my job since we decided to strike lol.)

He nodded, understanding that it was only between her and her sister and that he should respect that. He was only concerned about what was happening and only wanted to help since they have helped him through a lot. He looked down at his paws. They were quite dingy from the loose dirt of the forest grounds. I could use a bath when I get back... He thought, then suddenly his head struck up again, looking at the shecat before him noticing he was getting randomly distracted, which was odd. That usually didn't happen. He did hear her words and he smiled, glad to at least hear that she'd at least speak her mind. "Yes, what's on your mind, Misty-Cry"

@~Silverkit~
(Np, Take as long as you need c: )

Misty'Cry felt her fur grow hot slightly at seeing him look so happy and eager to hear about her thoughts, She then looked at her paws talking softly."...I've had enough of Fluffy'Bubble's Childish additude...I mean I care deeply for her but...It's stressful having to get her out of trouble all the time or trying to make her happy so that she doesn't chuck a tantrum about not getting what she wants, Honestly ever since we became apprentices I have never had time to take care of myself much less think for once about what I want...". Realising she probably sound very rude she frantically spoke, which was unusual for Misty'Cry to do since she never really talked about how she felt and only cared about others around her."I-I'm sorry! I probably sounded selfish just then! P-please don't tell my sister!".She then calmed herself down but still felt an unbelievable amount of guilt."...Thanks for being here for me Ebony'Pine..". Saying this she locked her gaze with his as she softly placed her paw on his flashing a bright smile, she was trying to mean it in a friendly way, she hoped her gratitude got through to him.
@~Silverkit~

"Just like how a flower needs sunshine to grow, you need love to grow"
CherrySmoke Finder | MorningCall finder
RP Tracker
Character bio's |Signature Pic

Last edited by TawnyNeedsACoffee; April 13th, 2019 at 06:17 PM.
Old April 13th, 2019, 06:25 PM
Crazy Fox Lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arié View Post

"Water bath? In this swamp?" Ravenvine was shocked. He shook his head, "I don't think that is a good idea Tufty," he said giving her a gentle lick on the head. Yet his thought about the idea, it might be good. "Yeah I can hear the stream. I know where it is." Rising from his lying down position the obsidian tom nudged Tuftbreeze gently towards where he could hear the rushing water. Slowly taking the first step the tom was surprised to find the water warm. Was it possible that there was something warming it up somewhere? That would be great to find. Yet all of a sudden he started feeling cold, the fear and panic rising up in him and he fully panicked and started walking further forward having completely lost his sense of direction as soon as he had walking belly deep out into the water. "Tufty! Tuftbreeze?! Where are you?!!" He was in complete panic and was so confused that he was actually walking further down the stream than closer to the bank. "I don't know where I am! Help me!!" This was more in his mind because his paws could still feel the ground but he felt like he was being swept away, away somewhere. He started walking around in the water again and felt a pair of teeth in his scruff dragging him out of the water. That was when he realized he was shaking. "Never again!" he hissed still shaking with panic and fear from the rushing water around him. He could still feel it, slowly taking over him and dragging him down where he would have no way to find his way back.
Tuftbreeze shrugged; she thought it was worth suggesting. When the tom changed his mind, she blinked in surprise and had to hurry after him. She stood at the edge for a moment, waiting before wading into the water and crouching to let the water lap over her back. The molly abruptly stood when she sensed Ravenvine's panic. "I'm right here," she tried to reassure him, but he didn't seem to hear her. She realized that in his panic, his senses must have faded, similar to how hers normally did during a panic attack. He needs to be away from the stream, she thought, knowing that he'd only continue to panic until away from the water that was causing him to stress. Leaning over, she grabbed the tom's scruff and tugged him out of the stream, pressing her body up against him once on the bank and giving him rhythmic licks in an effort to calm him. When he finally was calm enough to speak, Tuft nodded before realizing he probably couldn't see her. "Okay," she agreed. "No water for you." She stood and nudged Ravenvine up to his paws, trying to lead him back to the den. "Come on, lets go back and rest. I'll wash whatever mud's still on you."

[COLOR="Pink"]I am an old user returning (and completely starting over). I may not remember you, if you do happen to remember me- I'm sorry!
|Character Site|
Old April 13th, 2019, 09:51 PM

My Mood: Tired

Quote:

Sunmist chuckled, flicking his tail behind him. "Would you do me a favor and let me borrow some of them at times? I always manage to find some job or another that requires a few helping paws." Actually thinking about the scenario, the tom couldn't help but laugh when he imagined Duskwing bossing around a herd of apprentices. "Gee, I used to be terrified at the thought of growing old, but now I think I wouldn't mind being an elder if it meant I got to have apprentices pampering me." He didn't fully mean it - of course, he wasn't ready to retire anytime soon - but he definitely wasn't as afraid of old age as he used to be.

"Really?" Sunmist asked, his thoughts leading to what Lightpaw might be doing if she were still here. Knowing his sister, she'd probably be with the rest of the cats their age, expecting or just delivered. A bittersweet smile broke through for a moment before he managed to hide it, throwing out the first question that came to mind in an attempt to bring his head back down to earth. "I'm sorry, remind me who your brother is? I'm not the best at knowing relations in the clan." He looked at the molly through narrowed eyes as he tried to piece together which of his clanmates would be Duskwing's brother, and who might've been in the medicine den for a serious injury recently, but no tom came to mind.

Sunmist noticed the molly's embarrassment - it was hard not to - but he didn't point it out, ignoring it so as not to embarrass her further. "I think that part's in your head. There's some cats here that are judgmental of looks, sure, but most of the clan doesn't mind so much. I'm going to be completely frank with you for a moment, please don't get angry," the tom warned, preparing to be almost brutally truthful. "I've, uh, definitely heard cats say you're pretty off-putting by your rudeness, but I've never heard one comment about your eye. You're a good warrior, so no one cares about your eye. I believe our clanmates are put off by your... harsher attitude. I know it can be hard to open up, but - well, you've been nothing but friendly to me! I'm sure you'd find someone rather quickly if you were just a bit more kind. And, I'm sorry if any of that upset you." He hesitated, before moving to tap the molly's back with his tail. "And if there are some cats who think it's a good idea to say something to you, don't be afraid to call them out on it - or come to me. You can handle yourself, I'm sure, but I'd happily step in if needed." He gave Duskwing a nod and withdrew his tail. "And you weren't being rude, by the way. Just opening up - and I appreciate you doing that."

"Good - you better mean that," the tom gave Duskwing a stern look, but only managed to hold it for all of two heartbeats before a grin broke out across his maw. Sunmist watched the molly laugh for a few moments before shaking his head with a chuckle, looking off the trees past them. "Don't apologize - I think it's funny too. Though that doesn't mean I'd want the entire clan hearing about it . Lucky me, everyone who witnessed it is either not in the clan or in Starclan now." He gave another shook of his head. "I don't even know the riverclan apprentice's name, but I actually appreciate her doing that. Not just saving me, but... well, showing me I wasn't all that. I think that's what started to change me. I can't imagine being like that now - I was unbearable." He gave another laugh before turning to the molly beside him, curiousity written all over his face. "What were you like as an apprentice?"
Duskwing flicked her tail dismissively, giving a purr of amusement. "I'm sure I'd be able to spare a few. Only for you, of course." She didn't realize how that sounded until the words came out of her mouth. Brushing it off, she continued to laugh alongside him. Annoying as they may be, she wouldn't mind bossing around a bunch of apprentices. "Right? Bringing you food and taking care of everything for you." The thought of it sounded nice, but for now she was content with doing things on her own. She had quite some time until she was that old, thankfully.

"Really." The molly nodded in confirmation. She blinked at the mention of her brother and cringed. "Whisperbranch. He's the.. One with the side of his muzzle all torn up." She wasn't exactly sure how to describe him without getting too disgustingly detailed about it. Her brother had gotten part of his face ripped to almost nothing left. She remembered the day as clear as ever, seeing him dragged back to camp by his friends after a battle had broken out many moons ago. It made her feel guilty for being so insecure about her own flaws, seeing as his had been much worse. "He's got a real mess of fur like mine, too." Duskwing offered a small smile, trying to sound less awkward about it. "He's always been a bit on the shy side, never talks much. But now he's.. He keeps much more to himself now. I'm just happy that he's got some other cat to talk to." She felt a pang of jealousy, but knew that she was, in fact, genuinely happy for him.

Duskwing gave him a blank stare, holding back any emotions that could come out due to his words. She braced herself for any harsh words that may come, not wanting to get upset with her clanmate. He was right. She wasn't sure why she was so closed off from most of her clanmates -- Well, she sort of knew why. The other apprentices had always poked fun at her when she was younger, along with other cats; her first gathering with the rude Thunderclan apprentice.. Knowing that her mother felt pity for her when she was younger. It all seemed to take a toll on her at such a young age, hardening her into a short-tempered and closed off cat. Of course, all of the teasing had stopped after they all matured, but she couldn't ever seem to let it go. "I.." She paused and gave a chuckle at his offer to help her. "You're right. I'm just.. I know I'm cold hearted sometimes - Well, a lot. You're one of the few cats I've sat around long enough to actually talk to, and things have been going.. Really well." Maybe she could learn to be a little nicer. It wouldn't be too hard, would it? "And thanks for the offer. I'll be sure to consider you if I need help." She nudged him playfully.

"No, of course not. I wouldn't want the entire clan to know about that either if it happened to me." She agreed, listening to the rest of what he had to say. "I'm glad it was a life-changing moment for you. Not the fact that you almost drowned or anything, but learning from it afterwards." The molly looked at him with a tilt of her head at his question. She tried to think back to what she was like as an apprentice. Oh boy. "Let's see.. I remember being fairly well-behaved, although that may have been because I was so timid all the time. It was hard, really. I wasn't very good at hunting or fighting when I first began. It took me awhile to get the hang of things while my brother excelled at everything." Her ears flattened against her head out of embarrassment. "But I eventually caught on. ..I remember at my first gathering I got into a fight with a Thunderclan apprentice." An amused smirk forced itself across her face, whether she wanted to or not. The whole situation was awful, but hilarious at the same time.

Anti-Thistleclaw Club 2k19
Old April 14th, 2019, 01:48 PM
emergency hiatus

Quote:

Tuftbreeze shrugged; she thought it was worth suggesting. When the tom changed his mind, she blinked in surprise and had to hurry after him. She stood at the edge for a moment, waiting before wading into the water and crouching to let the water lap over her back. The molly abruptly stood when she sensed Ravenvine's panic. "I'm right here," she tried to reassure him, but he didn't seem to hear her. She realized that in his panic, his senses must have faded, similar to how hers normally did during a panic attack. He needs to be away from the stream, she thought, knowing that he'd only continue to panic until away from the water that was causing him to stress. Leaning over, she grabbed the tom's scruff and tugged him out of the stream, pressing her body up against him once on the bank and giving him rhythmic licks in an effort to calm him. When he finally was calm enough to speak, Tuft nodded before realizing he probably couldn't see her. "Okay," she agreed. "No water for you." She stood and nudged Ravenvine up to his paws, trying to lead him back to the den. "Come on, lets go back and rest. I'll wash whatever mud's still on you."
Raven nodded slightly to the molly's words not listening fully the sound of rushing water still in his ears. It was driving him slightly mental and he couldn't do anything but lean against Tuftbreeze hoping that she would be able to support both of them and he took some small tentative steps with her but was still too far gone to listen to her. When he felt something soft underneath his paws he collapsed in his nest that they had been lying it shortly before his panic attack in the stream. He felt Tuftbreeze's warm body beside his cold one and he was shaking from the cold or the shock the black tom didn't know. His scarred eye twitched and he began shaking his head before rubbing the mess of scar tissue, lying over his formerly green eye, against Tufty's cheek in hope to ease the itch and also to gain some sense of reassurance. That she was here and wouldn't leave him, that she would always be by his side. He didn't know why at times he was so dependent on her, but now he couldn't explain, his thoughts jumping from one subject to another. Feeling Tufty's soft grooming the blind tom relaxed a bit more but his head was still jumbled. He nodded slightly with his head, saying shakily, "I still.... I still can't think."

Need help? VM or PM me

Bump after 48 hours

Old April 14th, 2019, 02:04 PM
Crazy Fox Lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProtecttheDoecplyse View Post

Raven nodded slightly to the molly's words not listening fully the sound of rushing water still in his ears. It was driving him slightly mental and he couldn't do anything but lean against Tuftbreeze hoping that she would be able to support both of them and he took some small tentative steps with her but was still too far gone to listen to her. When he felt something soft underneath his paws he collapsed in his nest that they had been lying it shortly before his panic attack in the stream. He felt Tuftbreeze's warm body beside his cold one and he was shaking from the cold or the shock the black tom didn't know. His scarred eye twitched and he began shaking his head before rubbing the mess of scar tissue, lying over his formerly green eye, against Tufty's cheek in hope to ease the itch and also to gain some sense of reassurance. That she was here and wouldn't leave him, that she would always be by his side. He didn't know why at times he was so dependent on her, but now he couldn't explain, his thoughts jumping from one subject to another. Feeling Tufty's soft grooming the blind tom relaxed a bit more but his head was still jumbled. He nodded slightly with his head, saying shakily, "I still.... I still can't think."
When the tom spoke, Tuftbreeze momentarily stopped her grooming. "Hush," She murmured, rubbing her cheek to his. "It'll take you some time to calm down. Focus on your breathing right now - and take deep breaths." She knew that, so long as Ravenvine had something else to focus on like breathing or her grooming, he'd be able to stop thinking about the water and calm down. Resuming her gentle licks, she tried to keep up a steady purr - anything to distract the tom, as well as her own thoughts. Raven's just had a panic attack. He's had an attack because of me. If only she hadn't suggested they go in that stupid stream, they wouldn't be in this situation. With the knowledge of how unpleasant these attacks where, she just wished she could go back and change what she'd said - tell him she'd just groom both of them, so that no water had to be involved at all. Despite trying to keep her focus on cleaning the mud out of the tom's black pelt, she found herself overthinking the situation. What if he started having regular panic attacks, too? How could she manage living with that kind of guilt on her shoulders? She already had his injury to blame on herself, and Tuftbreeze didn't think she'd be able to handle the guilt of being the cause of panic attacks, too. Of course, she was being irrational - if water was the only cause of these attacks, it'd be quite easy to make sure he wouldn't suffer from any more panic attacks - but she never was rational once her mind started to run.

|Character Site|
Old April 14th, 2019, 07:16 PM
Crazy Fox Lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cindercloud777 View Post
Duskwing flicked her tail dismissively, giving a purr of amusement. "I'm sure I'd be able to spare a few. Only for you, of course." She didn't realize how that sounded until the words came out of her mouth. Brushing it off, she continued to laugh alongside him. Annoying as they may be, she wouldn't mind bossing around a bunch of apprentices. "Right? Bringing you food and taking care of everything for you." The thought of it sounded nice, but for now she was content with doing things on her own. She had quite some time until she was that old, thankfully.

"Really." The molly nodded in confirmation. She blinked at the mention of her brother and cringed. "Whisperbranch. He's the.. One with the side of his muzzle all torn up." She wasn't exactly sure how to describe him without getting too disgustingly detailed about it. Her brother had gotten part of his face ripped to almost nothing left. She remembered the day as clear as ever, seeing him dragged back to camp by his friends after a battle had broken out many moons ago. It made her feel guilty for being so insecure about her own flaws, seeing as his had been much worse. "He's got a real mess of fur like mine, too." Duskwing offered a small smile, trying to sound less awkward about it. "He's always been a bit on the shy side, never talks much. But now he's.. He keeps much more to himself now. I'm just happy that he's got some other cat to talk to." She felt a pang of jealousy, but knew that she was, in fact, genuinely happy for him.

Duskwing gave him a blank stare, holding back any emotions that could come out due to his words. She braced herself for any harsh words that may come, not wanting to get upset with her clanmate. He was right. She wasn't sure why she was so closed off from most of her clanmates -- Well, she sort of knew why. The other apprentices had always poked fun at her when she was younger, along with other cats; her first gathering with the rude Thunderclan apprentice.. Knowing that her mother felt pity for her when she was younger. It all seemed to take a toll on her at such a young age, hardening her into a short-tempered and closed off cat. Of course, all of the teasing had stopped after they all matured, but she couldn't ever seem to let it go. "I.." She paused and gave a chuckle at his offer to help her. "You're right. I'm just.. I know I'm cold hearted sometimes - Well, a lot. You're one of the few cats I've sat around long enough to actually talk to, and things have been going.. Really well." Maybe she could learn to be a little nicer. It wouldn't be too hard, would it? "And thanks for the offer. I'll be sure to consider you if I need help." She nudged him playfully.

"No, of course not. I wouldn't want the entire clan to know about that either if it happened to me." She agreed, listening to the rest of what he had to say. "I'm glad it was a life-changing moment for you. Not the fact that you almost drowned or anything, but learning from it afterwards." The molly looked at him with a tilt of her head at his question. She tried to think back to what she was like as an apprentice. Oh boy. "Let's see.. I remember being fairly well-behaved, although that may have been because I was so timid all the time. It was hard, really. I wasn't very good at hunting or fighting when I first began. It took me awhile to get the hang of things while my brother excelled at everything." Her ears flattened against her head out of embarrassment. "But I eventually caught on. ..I remember at my first gathering I got into a fight with a Thunderclan apprentice." An amused smirk forced itself across her face, whether she wanted to or not. The whole situation was awful, but hilarious at the same time.
Sunmist chuckled at the molly's words, wondering for a heartbeat if Duskwing was trying to flirt with him, before he noticed her embarrassment and drew the conclusion that she hadn't intended for it to sound that way. Not wanting to embarrass her any more, he held back any teasing remarks that came to mind. "I might even get to spend a whole day relaxing," he laughed, tail swaying gently behind him. "That's something I haven't done in... ever, actually." Even as a kit, when he obviously couldn't work, he'd always end up having something to do during the day - typically playing with his sister or other kits in the nursery with them.

"Ah, he does look similar to you." The tom nodded. "I don't believe I've ever spoken to him, though. Sunmist fell quiet as he recalled the day where Whisperbranch had come back to camp after the fateful battle that resulted in his injury. He actually hadn't seen much, as he'd been watching a litter of kits for one of the queens and quickly rushed them into the nursery - both so they wouldn't have to see anything too scarring, and so that they wouldn't get under anyone's paws as Whisperbranch was taken care of. "Well, I'm happy that he's got some cats to speak to. I'm sure he'll get to be more like his old self as time grows on, so long as he has the support of friends and family." He gave a hopeful smile; even if he didn't know Duskwing's brother personally, he still wished the best for his clanmates.

The tabby watched Duskwing carefully, trying to see her reaction, but her expression was blank and he had no luck in guessing her thoughts. She hadn't lashed out, at least, so Sunmist took that as a good sign. "No cat can really blame you for being closed off, though it will drive others away." He gave a quick pause in his words. "I'm glad we've been able to have this chat. It's nice to see you opening up to others." The tom gave a smile and nudged her back. "Of course. I've been looking for an excuse to bring out Stern Sunmist," he joked, laughing quietly.

Sunmist nodded in agreement. "So am I. Really. Not to brag or anything, but I think I turned out pretty okay thanks to that." He gave another chuckle before abruptly quieting down to listen to what the molly had to say. He nodded along, showing he was listening as she spoke, and didn't say anything until he was sure she was finished. "Most apprentices aren't great right off the start. All that matters is that you learned what you had to do, and you're a great warrior now." Pausing as his whiskers twitched, he tried to recall the gathering where Duskwing fought with another apprentice, but he must not have been to that gathering as nothing came to mind. "Okay, I need to hear that story!" He laughed and fixed his gaze on the molly, an expectant look on his face.

|Character Site|
Old April 14th, 2019, 08:56 PM
emergency hiatus

Quote:

When the tom spoke, Tuftbreeze momentarily stopped her grooming. "Hush," She murmured, rubbing her cheek to his. "It'll take you some time to calm down. Focus on your breathing right now - and take deep breaths." She knew that, so long as Ravenvine had something else to focus on like breathing or her grooming, he'd be able to stop thinking about the water and calm down. Resuming her gentle licks, she tried to keep up a steady purr - anything to distract the tom, as well as her own thoughts. Raven's just had a panic attack. He's had an attack because of me. If only she hadn't suggested they go in that stupid stream, they wouldn't be in this situation. With the knowledge of how unpleasant these attacks where, she just wished she could go back and change what she'd said - tell him she'd just groom both of them, so that no water had to be involved at all. Despite trying to keep her focus on cleaning the mud out of the tom's black pelt, she found herself overthinking the situation. What if he started having regular panic attacks, too? How could she manage living with that kind of guilt on her shoulders? She already had his injury to blame on herself, and Tuftbreeze didn't think she'd be able to handle the guilt of being the cause of panic attacks, too. Of course, she was being irrational - if water was the only cause of these attacks, it'd be quite easy to make sure he wouldn't suffer from any more panic attacks - but she never was rational once her mind started to run.
Ravenvine had relaxed the tom's still drenched fur feeling better and he lifted his head to rub Tuftbreeze's cheek, knowing her so well by now that she was blaming herself. She had helped him, she was helping him and he still felt like he was more trouble but Tuftbreeze still put up with him and he let out a rough purr. He was tired, he was exhausted from his shock in the stream but he needed to reassure her even if he wasn't completely sure he was gonna be alright. "Tufty... We've gone over this multiple times, its not your fault. I can literally feel the guilt rippling off your fur." It happened every time he got into trouble and he felt kind of bad for putting Tuftbreeze in the position to even feel guilty. He had calmed down her strategy of distracting him from his ordeal having helped greatly in getting the black tom to relax. He started slowly to return Tuftbreeze's licks before nudging her gently with his muzzle. "Do you itch? And where?," he said while raising his head even higher to reach behind her ears, the space he knew she couldn't get. It was a relaxing and calming thing to do, sharing tongues with his clanmate and he let out a purr again, his fear of water forgotten for now. He kept on grooming her not knowing when the fur was clean and had - unknowingly - stuck to the same spot his entire time.

Need help? VM or PM me

Bump after 48 hours