Old December 11th, 2023, 10:48 PM
The Ping You Dread

Bump Policy: Anytime!
My Mood: Mellow

Default Re: Sky Glade

Hawkfur [he/him, warrior, 45 moons]
[ @MangofDoom ] [ @birdie ] [ @lesbianism ]
-----------------------------------------------------
Hawkfur purred around the rose in his mouth, setting it down gently off to the side so they could return for it on their way back. That was when the rumble shook through the tunnel walls, causing his fur to fluff up in fear. His ears swiveled back to pin against his head, and his frightened gaze darted around the tunnel. "What was that?" He saw the wall had shifted a little, and he gasped. "Poppysong, we need to leave--"

Mistlewhisker is ShadowClan's current Deputy!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Hawkfur (WC) - Mistlewhisker (SC) - Eaglepaw (RC) - Birdpaw (SC) - Hillstrider (SC)
---
Mistlewhisker header and sig by @/redshiftreign
~~~~~
CEASEFIRE NOW!!!
Old December 12th, 2023, 02:52 PM

My Mood: Mysterious

Poppysong ═ ✱
windclan warriornb they/them19 moonstags; @birdie @lesbianism @Micanomancy
═ ═ ═
Poppysong whips their head at Hawkfur, their face covered in dirt. “Wha-“ they begin, but never finish. The wall is moving. Their ears flatten to their head we they stare at Hawkfur, green eyes wide and shining. The rumbling under their paws snaps them out of their frozen terror for just a moment, allowing them to launch their paws away from the wall.

But before they can make it even a foxlength away, a wave of dirt and rock crashes down onto them, flinging thick dust into the air as a hideous CRACK sounds down the tunnels, only partially muffled by the dirt surrounding them.

As rubble begins to settle, Poppysong begins coughing to clear the dirt from their throat. The air clears to reveal the bottom half of Poppysong is hidden beneath a massive wall of rock and dirt.

Poppysong hisses, gritting their teeth and flexing their claws, as if to drag themself away from the massive amount of weight on top of them. Hot pain echoes through their skin and bones from their back left leg. They continue coughing, trying to blink away the dust caught in their eyes and whiskers. As their sight returns, Poppysong glances up at Hawkfur, pain clouding their eyes.

Another low rumble reverberates around them, and Poppysong’s fur bristles. They immediately try to latch onto anything to pull themself out, which only kicks more dirt into their face.

(apologies for the late reply, been sick lol)

Old December 14th, 2023, 12:12 AM
as long as i breathe

Bump Policy: 3 days / 1 if time sensitive
My Mood: Kingly

Bravebird
She/her | 41 moons | Beefed Up T3 ᐧ One with the Warren
"Yeah, we definitely-"

The sound of the walls movement caused Bravebird's jaw to shut and instinctively she jerked her head back towards where they had come. "Let's go." Picking up the flowers she had found the lean warrior wasted no time in sliding as fast as she could down the tunnel the way they had come, heart hammering in her chest. No, no, no. She would not lose any of her Clanmates to these tunnels!

Bursting out into the larger space, marked by the two flowers she had found before, she turned and cautiously started to pad into the tunnel that Hawkfur and Poppysong had disappeared down. "Hawkfur? Poppysong??" The glow of the mushrooms provided some light, but she refrained from going too far into the tunnel, not daring to be the cause of it collapsing again.

[ @lesbianism @Micanomancy @MangofDoom ]

dusklion is riverclan's deputy; if you need her, mention me!
riverclan resourcesriverclan apprentice trainingkit curriculum
| character siteabout meroleplay tracker |
Old December 14th, 2023, 01:00 AM
Elliot ^_^

Bump Policy: ♡ 48 hrs!
My Mood: Chatty

s o f t s o n g
she/her - 97 moons - WindClan - bisexual - tags; @birdie @MangofDoom @Micanomancy

She spat out her roses by the two they'd found earlier and called down the tunnels, ears pulled back in worry.
"Poppysong! Hawkfur!" Her eyes darted, trying to make out any shapes in the tunnel ahead. "Can you hear us? Are you okay?"

Last edited by lesbianism; December 14th, 2023 at 03:25 PM.
Old December 14th, 2023, 03:14 PM
The Ping You Dread

[Deep russet tabby with blue eyes, a white muzzle, chest, and paws]
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[Poppysong - @MangofDoom ] [Bravebird - @birdie ] [Softsong - @lesbianism ]
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hawkfur hardly had a chance to know what was happening before he was knocked to the side by an avalanche of sand and dirt and stone, his yowl of surprise cut off as dust flooded his mouth and choked him. He was still coughing when the rumbling paused, his throat burning with every breath he tried to take. He was dying, he was going to die, he couldn't breathe! But finally he was able to suck in a breath that flooded his lungs with oxygen, and he was able to look around at the chaos that had ensued. The tunnels had collapsed. Fear struck him, oppressive and cold, and he gasped. "Poppysong! POPPYSONG!" He forced himself up, wincing as his back leg twinged uncomfortably. He gingerly put weight on it, relieved to find it didn't buckle under his weight. He quickly began searching, but it didn't take long.

The light of the now-crushed and dusty roses revealed Poppysong stuck under debris, scrabbling desperately for freedom. Hawkfur limped over, his breathing ragged. "Poppysong! Oh StarClan--Don't move, you're going to hurt yourself more. It's going to be okay." It was not going to be okay. But Hawkfur pushed down his fear, and instead began looking for loose dirt he could pull off of the young warrior. He could have gone searching for the others, but he refused to leave them here alone. With the threat of another collapse hanging on his shoulders, he figured the safest thing to do would be get Poppysong out immediately. But no matter how hard he tried, no matter how much he dug, more dirt and sand just flooded in, making his breathing worse and covering their hind legs more.

He was starting to tire, his damaged lungs hindering him more and more as his and Poppysong's scrabbling kicked up more dirt into the air. Eventually, he had to step away, panting heavily. He stared in dismay at Poppysong, failure hanging heavily on his shoulders. He couldn't free them. He had to get the others. "Hang on, Poppysong. We'll get you out of here." Hawkfur limped back towards the main tunnel, taking as deep a breath he could and shouting into the darkness. "BRAVEBIRD! SOFTSONG! HELP!" He hacked a cough, gagging as his body tried to rid itself of the particles in his airways. "HELP! POPPYSONG IS STUCK UNDER--" another cough. "UNDER DEBRIS!"

There! He could barely hear the frantic cries of his clanmates! They were on their way! He went back to Poppysong, weakly flopping down beside them and staring out the tunnel. "I'm sorry," he rasped. "I can't get you out myself. But they're on their way." He touched his nose to their flank, pressing his body against theirs. "Just a little longer."

Hawkfur (WC) - Mistlewhisker (SC) - Eaglepaw (RC) - Birdpaw (SC) - Hillstrider (SC)
---
~~~~~
CEASEFIRE NOW!!!
Old December 14th, 2023, 07:00 PM

Poppysong ═ ✱
windclan warriornb they/them19 moonstags; @birdie @lesbianism @Micanomancy
═ ═ ═
Poppysong’s breath catches in their throat. Every noise sounds so far away. Like they’re echoing across a lake. Dust coats their throat but they try to swallow anyway, causing a painful cough to erupt from their chest. Their legs strain to pull against the dirt, but their energy is fleeting.

Hawkfur’s voices slices through their panic, his warning to stop. Stop. As their mind swims with this plea, they barely register Hawkfur digging at the dirt to the side of them.

It’s then they realize they’re stuck. Or, at least, going to be if they stay for long.

Their ringing ears flatten at Hawkfur’s shouts, but they perk up when they hear the other voices. Other voices? Wait, Softsong! Bravebird! ‘They need to get out-‘ they quietly think to themself. But they know they can’t do anything to help.

What if they die for me?’ A terrifying thought crosses their mind. But the nearby comfort of Hawkfur makes it easier to just… focus on breathing. That’s all they can do for now.

Old December 14th, 2023, 11:04 PM
as long as i breathe

Bump Policy: 3 days / 1 if time sensitive
My Mood: Kingly

Bravebird
She/her | 41 moons | Beefed Up T3 ᐧ One with the Warren
The cry for help had barely left Hawkfur's parted jaws before Bravebird tossed herself headfirst into the tunnel, knowing that Softsong would not be far behind. For now the rumbles seemed to have stopped, and if they worked quick enough perhaps they could all get out of this without any death.

Gloom-adjusted eyes quickly landed on Hawkfur, who was lying down, and then Poppysong, who was half-buried under the collapsed tunnel. A sharp hiss left Brave as she stood in front of the younger warrior. "Focus on Hawkfur. Don't let anything else into your mind. You're getting out of here, I swear it." Eyes shifting to Hawkfur, there was an intense look about them. "Keep them calm, when the time comes, grab their scruff and pull." Looking over her shoulder to Softsong, the lilac lynx-point jerked her head to the other side of Poppysong. "You too; grab their scruff. When I say pull, pull like the Clan's well-being depends on it." She trusted that the older warrior knew that, though.

Pressing herself up against the loose, compact dirt to act as a sort of stopper for anymore pieces falling down, Brave began to feverishly dig sideways at the rubble that had Poppy trapped with curled paws, just above where she imagined the trapped warrior's back would be. Her teeth gritted together until a dull ache settled in her jaw but she kept removing dirt, pressing her side against it harder as she felt it start to crumble once more. Slowly but surely she was making progress, until there had been enough removed that she felt confident a good tug between both warriors would get Poppysong free enough to where she could scramble out.

"NOW! PULL!"

[ @lesbianism @Micanomancy @MangofDoom ]

dusklion is riverclan's deputy; if you need her, mention me!
riverclan resourcesriverclan apprentice trainingkit curriculum
| character siteabout meroleplay tracker |

Last edited by taillow; December 14th, 2023 at 11:05 PM.
Old December 15th, 2023, 07:57 AM
Elliot ^_^

Bump Policy: ♡ 48 hrs!
My Mood: Chatty

s o f t s o n g
she/her - 97 moons - WindClan - bisexual - tags; @birdie @MangofDoom @Micanomancy

Oh, stars. Her heart stopped at the sight, Poppysong buried helpless beneath the rubble. She flexed her claws in the dirt beneath her paws, holding herself back from digging - she knew from experience it was a useless endeavour, endless dirt falling where you'd just cleared it.

Softsong pressed her nose to Poppysong, licking between their ears and giving a panicked purr in attempted comfort. "You're alright. It's okay," she mewed shakily.

She nodded at Bravebird's words, grabbing Poppysong's scruff and bracing herself. When Bravebird shouted, Softsong pulled as hard as she could.

Last edited by lesbianism; December 30th, 2023 at 09:25 AM.
Old December 15th, 2023, 01:59 PM
The Ping You Dread

[Deep russet tabby with blue eyes, and a white chest, muzzle, and paws]
---------------------
[Poppysong - @MangofDoom ] [Bravebird - @birdie ] [Softsong - @lesbianism ]
---------------------
Hawkfur had never felt relief like he did when Bravebird and Softsong came sprinting down the tunnel. He immediately pushed himself to his paws, gratitude glinting in his eyes as Bravebird began meowing orders and digging.

He positioned himself in front of Poppysong, ready to reach down and grab her scruff whenever Bravebird gave the word. He let Softsong comfort the young warrior, knowing they were mentor and apprentice many seasons ago, and instead waited.

When Bravebird yowled for them to pull, Hawkfur grabbed Poppysong's scruff and pulled, dragging the warrior far from the debris pile with the help of Softsong.

---
~~~~~
CEASEFIRE NOW!!!
Old December 16th, 2023, 08:33 PM

Poppysong ═ ✱
windclan warriornb they/them19 moonstags; @Birdie @lesbianism @Micanomancy
═ ═ ═
Poppysong barely registers Bravebird and Softsong arriving until Softsong murmurs something to them and Bravebird starts calling for them to pull. As everyone gathers around them, their eyes grow wider. Their thoughts go wild, ‘I’m trapped, I can’t get out, I will be stuck forever, the tunnel will collapse more and-

And then Bravebird calls for them to pull them out.

After a moment of tension, they are dragged from the wall, rocks digging into their belly and neck as they go. Being able to feel their legs and back again is like waking up from a bad dream. They immediately scramble to get up and burst down the tunnels, but when they put weight onto their back leg they collapse once more. Bright hot pain rushes up their spine.

Oh, Starclan’.

Poppysong wildly looks up at the other three as another distant rumble reverberates down the tunnel.