silly little guy

Bump Policy: 72 hrs!
My Mood: Dead

Default Re: ThunderClan Clearing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roo_! View Post

Sparrowfur - she/her - 16 moons

---

Sparrowfur waits for an eternity. Thats all that she needs to spiral.

Starclan I knew this would happen, its mousebrained to think he would feel the same! And now I just have to sit here and sit through his response. I wanted so badly and my greed caught up to me! Thats what this is. Its Starclans punishment for my greed. I wanted him too much and too long and look where that got me, having to sit here feels like something a Dark Forest cat would put me through. Having to just stay right here and listen to him say-

"I'm so lucky.."

Sparrowfur opened her eyes she didn't even realize she had closed. Was.. was this happening? Really? Sparrowfur felt her mouth go dry, surely this can't be real. The timing of it all.. Mousebrain! Why say it now? Before a war.

"I.. I was afraid there was a chance where I wouldn't be able to tell you at all." she swallowed. "So I figured just in case.. uhm."

For the first time in Sparrowfur's life she was nervous. She had passed her final assessment with ease, no nervous breathing or loud heartbeats. She had spoken to an intruder, passed a giant dog, Starclan even had a close call with twolegs! But nothing, nothing prepared her for the nervousness she was feeling now.. but why? Why was she nervous? She got what she wanted didn't she? She has Yarrowcrest all to herself now right?

oh, but now I have so much more to lose..

Instead, Sparrowfur shakes the thought from her head. Pushing herself into Yarrowcrests chest.

"You're such a mousebrain." she laughs

[ YGDSKKDUC SLOW BURNS BE DARNED ]

yarrowcrest // he/him // 16 moons
purrks active: mind reader

---

Just in case? Why would she even put such a thought into his head. Now that this was happening-- that their feelings were out in the open (literally)-- it was cruel to bring up the fact that at any moment they could be taken from one another. Feelings or not, losing her would hurt him more than any wound could. Part of him understands, though. Wanting to get everything off your chest before something as terrifying as inevitable bloodshed was in your home. The thought lingers until he's dragged away by her presence. Just the simple act of her pressing against him is enough to remind him that sometimes focusing on the present was the right answer.

A quiet purr rumbling in his throat, he headbutts her gently, not able to hold back his nervous laughter.

"Me? You're the mouse-brain... You were so nervous to tell me... Do I scare you or something?"

Ah, a rare instance in which he teases her back. Normally he was quite polite and didn't go out of his way to joke but... The way his heart was fluttering... Well, it was okay to be lighthearted sometimes. And right now just felt like one of those times.

( they were too powerful to be held down by slowburn )

[ #fire ]
203 words = 40 pts.

" oh the places you'll go, little love of mine "
character bios.
gif of cloverhoney by @/ramen !
Old August 14th, 2023, 09:32 PM
let it snow :-)

Bump Policy: anytime! im usually on late nights (EST)
My Mood: Yeehaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverwynds View Post

yarrowcrest // he/him // 16 moons

---

Just in case? Why would she even put such a thought into his head. Now that this was happening-- that their feelings were out in the open (literally)-- it was cruel to bring up the fact that at any moment they could be taken from one another. Feelings or not, losing her would hurt him more than any wound could. Part of him understands, though. Wanting to get everything off your chest before something as terrifying as inevitable bloodshed was in your home. The thought lingers until he's dragged away by her presence. Just the simple act of her pressing against him is enough to remind him that sometimes focusing on the present was the right answer.

A quiet purr rumbling in his throat, he headbutts her gently, not able to hold back his nervous laughter.

"Me? You're the mouse-brain... You were so nervous to tell me... Do I scare you or something?"

Ah, a rare instance in which he teases her back. Normally he was quite polite and didn't go out of his way to joke but... The way his heart was fluttering... Well, it was okay to be lighthearted sometimes. And right now just felt like one of those times.

( they were too powerful to be held down by slowburn )

[ #fire ]
203 words = 40 pts.

---

Sparrowfur laughs embarrassed. Truth be told she was a bit scared. Yarrowcrest felt so freely, so openly. He spoke his mind with her, so the thought of a slow and painful drift of their friendship was a recurring nightmare. But still- his heartbeat, Sparrowfur was close enough to feel it.. he was nervous too.

It was kind of adorable, how scared he seemed. If he was nervous that meant he wanted this to work.

She did too.

"You? Scare me?" she teased back, offering the same energy in return. "You wish, Yarrowcrest."

She said his name pridefully. She said it firmly. Like it was the most powerful and wonderful thing to ever come out of her mouth. Looking back on past conversations, it most likely was. Starclan she really really loved him. She never wanted to let go

[ as they absolutely should i was going to explode if they waited any longer ]

hope left a banana peel here. careful, don't trip!
Old August 15th, 2023, 05:56 AM
Hey, who's the new guy?

Status: Well, that was another easy adventure for Spider-Man! -explosion-
Bump Policy: Normal RPs: 24 Hours | Time Sensitive RPs: 6-12 Hours
My Mood: Amused

Quote:
Originally Posted by navarra View Post
What, had he been so stand-offish that she'd thought he wanted nothing to do with her? Alderstep was thoroughly taken aback by the cruel statement. Maybe it was the half-truth, but he'd never had any wish for her to disappear. It was always just avoiding everyone. That'd probably been interpreted as some sort of personal vendetta against Berryfrost, however. Guilt made Alderstep look away.

He looked back just as quick, though. "Just 'cause I have a higher rank doesn't mean I have a right to know-" he interjected, cutting himself off when he realized what his sister had said. "You met somebody?" he asked, confused. Someone not in their clan, that's for sure. Try as he might to understand, to empathize, he just couldn't. Why had she needed to leave the clan? There was nothing and nobody else out there.
BerryFrost
"It's not important anymore. I couldn't find them." She said to him.

She got up to leave but thought maybe she had been cruel and it would be good to talk things over.

"Why do you hate me." She asked.

My Pronoun Page

BlueberryPaw - LilyLeaf
Old August 15th, 2023, 06:31 AM
silly little guy

Quote:

---

Sparrowfur laughs embarrassed. Truth be told she was a bit scared. Yarrowcrest felt so freely, so openly. He spoke his mind with her, so the thought of a slow and painful drift of their friendship was a recurring nightmare. But still- his heartbeat, Sparrowfur was close enough to feel it.. he was nervous too.

It was kind of adorable, how scared he seemed. If he was nervous that meant he wanted this to work.

She did too.

"You? Scare me?" she teased back, offering the same energy in return. "You wish, Yarrowcrest."

She said his name pridefully. She said it firmly. Like it was the most powerful and wonderful thing to ever come out of her mouth. Looking back on past conversations, it most likely was. Starclan she really really loved him. She never wanted to let go

[ as they absolutely should i was going to explode if they waited any longer ]

yarrowcrest // he/him // 17 moons

---

In all honesty the loud thumping of his heart was a bit embarrassing. Especially since he's sure that Sparrowfur could hear it, being snuggled up so close to him and all. It shouldn't bother him! It made sense he was nervous and flustered and everything in between. This was an important moment for him. For them. The question still lingers in his mind though and he is far too shy to ask it. They were official, right? Right? With the way they had been speaking to one another, it seemed obvious but... Yarrowcrest was a creature that thrived off of validation. Reassurance. So he stares down at his Sparrow with curious eyes, continuing their banter regardless of the question burning in his mind.

"Why would I wish something like that? I wouldn't want to actually scare you..."

That would definitely complicate things. If she was scared of him then how would they move forward? In all honesty he more so meant the fear of vulnerability. The fear of opening yourself up to the one you're closest to and losing them in an instant. Yarrowcrest would never leave her side, even if he didn't feel this way, so the thought feels a bit insulting but... Nonetheless.

[ #fire ]
205 words = 41 pts.

character bios.
Old August 15th, 2023, 08:15 AM
Trying to stay active!

Bump Policy: Three days
My Mood: Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caspian View Post

Rainfall | Male | Asexual | Status: Tranquil

The Thunderclan warrior stiffened next to the apprentice as she introduced herself. But he hadn’t gone still because of that, no, no, no, he’d stopped all movement when his name was asked. “Uh-I uh, my name?” he stammered, his social anxiety creeping up on him. What was his name again? he internally sighed. “It’s Rainfall.” he said reluctantly. He’d never really adored his name. As an apprentice, he’d always hoped for something like claw or gaze, or fang, but they named him Rainfall because of his breath failures. He could do stuff, too. He suddenly realized he sounded like himself like as he had acted as an apprentice. Crap, he thought, he shouldn’t be acting so childish! He leant down and took a bite in order to stop the awkwardness

@RedLeif
Rainfall... Rain... I wonder if it is going to rain again...
Dreampaw glanced up at the clouds, the quickly down again. He didn't want to get distracted by their swirling, like he usually did, because that seemed to annoy other cats. He didn't really know why, his friend never got annoyed, but he guessed that it was rude here. He didn't notice the awkward pauses the warrior made, it was just how he talked, right? Different cats had different ways of talking. "Its a nice name," he mewed, trying to put life back in his words as he pulled his mind back into his body. He took another bite. "What do you think my name will be?"

Ain't much that I know what to put 'ere...

"And that, my friends, is how a revolution dies." - Haymitch

Last edited by MockingRabbit; August 15th, 2023 at 08:17 AM.
Old August 15th, 2023, 08:39 AM

Quote:

---

In all honesty the loud thumping of his heart was a bit embarrassing. Especially since he's sure that Sparrowfur could hear it, being snuggled up so close to him and all. It shouldn't bother him! It made sense he was nervous and flustered and everything in between. This was an important moment for him. For them. The question still lingers in his mind though and he is far too shy to ask it. They were official, right? Right? With the way they had been speaking to one another, it seemed obvious but... Yarrowcrest was a creature that thrived off of validation. Reassurance. So he stares down at his Sparrow with curious eyes, continuing their banter regardless of the question burning in his mind.

"Why would I wish something like that? I wouldn't want to actually scare you..."

That would definitely complicate things. If she was scared of him then how would they move forward? In all honesty he more so meant the fear of vulnerability. The fear of opening yourself up to the one you're closest to and losing them in an instant. Yarrowcrest would never leave her side, even if he didn't feel this way, so the thought feels a bit insulting but... Nonetheless.

[ #fire ]
205 words = 41 pts.

---

Sparrowfur held her breath. What now? They mate and go into a war with the possibility of losing each other? She was terrified of being soft and even more terrified to admit so. She yearned for this, but at the same time felt like she should push it away. What do they do?

"I.. what happens next?"

Sparrowfur hated looking into the future. She was taught that it was never guaranteed, to instead live in the moment. But an instance such as this? The confession, the realization, the war. It seemed like the only right thing to do was think ahead.

Old August 15th, 2023, 08:58 AM
silly little guy

Quote:

---

Sparrowfur held her breath. What now? They mate and go into a war with the possibility of losing each other? She was terrified of being soft and even more terrified to admit so. She yearned for this, but at the same time felt like she should push it away. What do they do?

"I.. what happens next?"

Sparrowfur hated looking into the future. She was taught that it was never guaranteed, to instead live in the moment. But an instance such as this? The confession, the realization, the war. It seemed like the only right thing to do was think ahead.

---

Ah, so she was going to push him to say it, was she? Was he surprised? Not in the slightest. If either of them were halfway decent in saying things that needed to be said, it was usually him. As long as it didn't include the feelings that lived in the deep, dark pit of his heart that were never allowed to see the surface... There was nothing to lose and so much to lose at the same time. Were they to just put these feelings out into the air and then go on pretending it never happened? That was silly. If they went through all this emotional turmoil it didn't make sense to move forward with the knowledge but not the reward. He pulls back a bit to offer her a quizzical look, head canted to a side.

"I mean... I would be yours. If you would have me."

Props to him for being so bold. He'd be lying if he said his words weren't followed by an expression of anxiousness. Brows furrow, ears begin to droop a bit, an uncertain look in his eyes... He wanted this too. And the concerns about whatever the future held... Those lie within him too. Obviously. Part of him doesn't think there's a single other cat in all of Thunderclan that was as concerned about this war as he was. Maybe this would give him the confidence and the strength to push through it...

[ #fire ]
242 words = 48 pts.

character bios.
Old August 15th, 2023, 09:11 AM

Quote:

---

Ah, so she was going to push him to say it, was she? Was he surprised? Not in the slightest. If either of them were halfway decent in saying things that needed to be said, it was usually him. As long as it didn't include the feelings that lived in the deep, dark pit of his heart that were never allowed to see the surface... There was nothing to lose and so much to lose at the same time. Were they to just put these feelings out into the air and then go on pretending it never happened? That was silly. If they went through all this emotional turmoil it didn't make sense to move forward with the knowledge but not the reward. He pulls back a bit to offer her a quizzical look, head canted to a side.

"I mean... I would be yours. If you would have me."

Props to him for being so bold. He'd be lying if he said his words weren't followed by an expression of anxiousness. Brows furrow, ears begin to droop a bit, an uncertain look in his eyes... He wanted this too. And the concerns about whatever the future held... Those lie within him too. Obviously. Part of him doesn't think there's a single other cat in all of Thunderclan that was as concerned about this war as he was. Maybe this would give him the confidence and the strength to push through it...

[ #fire ]
242 words = 48 pts.

Sparrowfur - she/her - 17 moons

---

If she would have him? Thats all she's thought about for the past four moons. Thats all shes ever wanted. Sparrowfur needed to be upfront and honest, otherwise she would never keep him.

"Yes.. Starclan, yes! I'll have you, for as long as the stars let us." she laughed, pushing herself closer to him.

But now,

Now she had something to live for.

Suddenly the thought of dying in war was no longer as glorified in her mind as it once was. Even as an apprentice she always thought she'd go out protecting her clan. Suddenly she had a bit more determination to make it out of this war alive. She needed to see the light of day bounce off Yarrowcrest's mesmerizing eyes. They had sunsets to watch, stars to gaze upon, nights to share.

They had a life to live together.

[ BKGKTYFVJTRDS IF YOULL HAVE ME ARE YOU SERIOUS??? BRO SELL THAT CRAP TO LOVE POETS MAN GOT ME SCREALING OVER WILD CATS SMH ]

Old August 15th, 2023, 11:48 AM
ringfinger

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~'Atlas-The-Lemon'~ View Post

BerryFrost
"It's not important anymore. I couldn't find them." She said to him.

She got up to leave but thought maybe she had been cruel and it would be good to talk things over.

"Why do you hate me." She asked.
That was fine. It just meant that there was nothing beyond their clan anyway. Alderstep studied Berryfrost, still wishing irrationally for the answer. It wasn't his business, though. It never had been.

And it never will be. He fixated on his sister's paws as she rose, ears twitching back slightly. It was nobody's fault but his that he couldn't keep his family together. Even if they were back physically, he'd never have the sort of bond he saw others have, the kind that he saw as annoyingly soft-hearted. All because he was what? Callous, insensitive, cruel, rude; the list goes on.

"I don't hate you," Alderstep murmured, looking down at his own paws. Stars, he must be really awful if he'd made her think that he loathed her existence. He didn't doubt he made everyone he ever talked to feel the same. Some brother he was.
Old August 15th, 2023, 05:49 PM
Still staring nervously

Bump Policy: Currently after 4 days!
My Mood: Dreaming

Poppykit didn’t care about being the first awake or not -- though in her mind she was, not having noticed Acornkit and her screeching as the kitten’s goal was set in her mind; all her focus had gone towards getting to Raspberrysplotch to a point where her sister’s loud call barely fazed her. Her eyes had closed at it and her ears pinned back, but it happened unconsciously.

Wobbly paws propped the kitten up against the nest, tiny claws digging into the moss so she wouldn’t fall over again. A bright smile drew on the kitten’s maw, eyes filled with excitement as mumzie came to praise her walking skills. Hehe, Poppykit couldn’t be happier, face positively beaming with pride.

When Raspberrysplotch responded affirmative to the patched tabby’s reminder, the wispy-furred kitten answered with a loud squeal of delight. She couldn’t wait to go out and see pap and all the cool warriors and the StarClan and the light! Hazel eyes shone with delight at the prospect of exploring the camp, and when her mother got up and shook out her pelt (Poppykit trying to follow he gaze), the kitten fell back on her back with a laugh.

Only then, through her giddy laughter, did Acornkit’s voice break through the barrier in her mind. Oops, she rolled onto her paws and her ears angled back a moment, briefly pouting before the expression vanished into thin air and a smile was on her maw again.
“Poppy soerry!”
She called after the excited Acornkit, momentarily amazed by how fluidly her siblings got about.

While Acornkit and Fawnkit raced to be the first outside, Poppykit was still on the ground. But, she was determined! Her tongue blepped out in deep concentration as she carefully positioned her paws below her. She was going outside too! Pushing herself back up, the first thing she did was promptly fall back down, hitting her chin on the ground. Oopsie. She huffed with a grin and forced her legs to cooperate as she got up again, standing wobbly on her legs, but upright! She didn’t need to catch up to Fawnkit and Acornkit anyway, nu-uh.

Secretly, the kitten was a little nervous about going outside for the first time. That’s why she didn’t mind sticking close to her mumzie for now, walking along with her as her paws moved everywhere but the straight path ahead. She fumbled and she stumbled as she always did, legs often forming a strange V-shape when she stood still – either inwardly or outwardly. But the little one was thoroughly unaware, far too focused on the new goal set in her mind: outside.

“Out! Out!”
She screamed with excitement as she progressed towards the nursery’s bright exit, the light nearly blinding her soon-to-be warm hazel-coloured eyes. In fact, the light was so blinding she had to squint her eyes closed. But as she stumbled into the nursery’s entrance, standing on the threshold of the unknown, the kitten’s eyes slowly opened back up.

“Wowzie…”
She gasped in amazement. Her legs trembled with nerves and excitement, her eyes adjusting to the brightly lit clearing, her ears swivelling about as unknown sounds came from all corners. It was almost overwhelming, and a small part of the kitten was tempted to hide with mumzie and never go out again. But the bigger part of her was so excited, so curious, she just stood on the threshold of the unknown as those feelings mingled and fought inside her.

That is, until she spotted a familiar slender, dark-brown feline, with sharp features somewhat similar to herself. At once, all the worry and fear were replaced by an innate excitement, her eyes lighting up brightly again.

“Pap!”
She squealed, all but forgotten about her previous internal battle. With shaky paws the kitten began to stumble over, falling face first tot the ground after barely two steps, so excited she was to see her pap. But Poppykit didn’t mind; far too glad to see him, she tried getting up, fell again, then got up a second time. This time slower, she practically skipped over with flailing limbs, stumbling and tumbling and falling all the way to her father until she could look him in the eyes (or at least try to).

“Up, up! Poppy go up!! Pleeease”
Trying to stand on her back paws, she fell backwards onto her back unable to keep her balance. Even so, her point had hopefully come across as she scrambled back onto her paw, laying with her belly on the ground and her unruly paws beneath her. She eyed her father and then his back, desperately wanting a badger-ride to see more of the clearing and be close to him. Pulling a pleading face, large and round kitten eyes stared up at him hoping he’d comply, silently wishing pretty pretty pleeeaaaseeee.

The clearing was so humongous, after all! How else was she supposed to see anything? (And badger rides were arguably the best thing in the world, too). As a large and scary-looking feline passed by, the kitten was momentarily distracted, eyes following the huge scarred-looking cat. That… Must be… A warrior??? She tilted her head curiously, forgetting her manners as she stared at the cat before a shuffling sound in front of her reminded her of what she’d been doing. Right! Asking pap for a badger ride! Promptly her eyes returned on her father, pleading face reactivated.

[ @Ladiebugg @Woodlow @{Roach} @TheNyanCatMinecart @umbreon_22 @silverwynds ]