My Mood: Kingly

Default Re: Willow's Rise

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrostyGalaxy View Post

*-Asterpaw-*
38/100
he/him || 10moons || go with the flow: inactive
Lanky, flame point siamese with heterochromatic eyes

"Um..." suddenly, Asterpaw felt so much smaller when faced with the other cat's kinda harsh tone. He supposed that was true, though. He should help out more, but talking to cats was hard and he didn't know where to begin and didn't know if anyone would even want him to help at all so he - no, he's just making excuses for himself now. "Bumblestar brought me to Haggard Ruins," he supplies, feeling a little uncomfortable with this conversation, "but she hasn't taken me to see anything else. She's busy, I don't wanna put more on her shoulders." Again, that sounded like an excuse, so he continued a little hurriedly "but, uh, what do you suggest? Who do you think is the most willing to accept help or offer a bit of training?" It's a genuine question, but Aster can't help but feel it's shameful he even has to ask.
The more Wolfpaw interacted with this cat, the more vindicated he felt in his actions. He didn't understand why Bumba picked this one, but he was quietly pleased it didn't seem like she gave him much attention. Haggard Ruins, as if that were any impressive. Any ThunderClan cat oughta know where their old camp was, the sacrifices that took place as it crumbled beneath their very paws. "We'll start with the other landmarks today, then." The trek from camp to Willow's Rise was easy, probably the shortest distance between all of ThunderClan's major features. "Bumba's the Clan leader, 'course she's busy. But if she knew you were sittin' on your ass all moon, she'd be real disappointed too." This one could thank him later. "Look, I know you aren't familiar with our Clan history but you need to understand you can't expect things to be handed to you. You gotta put in effort to go anywhere, otherwise you'll be one of those.. apprentices-at-forty, kinda cats. And I don't think you want to be one of those.

"The Clan's full of a bunch of warriors willing to help out, but they likely won't if you don't ask first. Nightgaze, Wildtwist-- they're a couple of our hornets, they'll help you if you ask. Redhawk 'n Sagefern, too. Even if you're not sure, just try 'n see how it plays out. Worst case scenario? They suck, and you gotta try with someone else."
Wolfpaw's desire to progress is why he sought cats outside of Bumba for training. He understood her schedule wasn't always flexible, and after being sick so long, he didn't want his training to be hindered further. He had to advance.

Asterpaw didn't seem to have his ambition, which was so absurd to him. Who wouldn't want to fight their way to warriorhood? It didn't feel earned, otherwise. "Sagefern's kind of a crowheart, but I wouldn't take it personally. I think he's just like that." He'd been very abrasive during their hunting session, and not the most helpful, but they did get him in the right direction. Wolfpaw would take what he could get, and expected Asterpaw to do the same. "This is Willow's Rise." He stopped only when they neared the weeping willow tree, gaze resting on the carvings in the wood. Time had weathered them, but the clawmarks remained adamantly visible. "Where we lay our dead to rest. It's said that under the canopy of this willow, the sun bleeds through the hanging leaves and guides the fallens' spirits to StarClan's light. Whether you wanna believe that or not is on you." Not his problem. He wasn't sure where his faith lay, either, at this point.

wolfhivewolfhive roleplaystc additional training
deceased charactersroleplay rules

Last edited by BEAR.; December 23rd, 2023 at 04:36 PM. Reason: minor grammar fix
Old December 27th, 2023, 10:39 PM
What matters is ‘you’

Bump Policy: 2 days minimum
My Mood: Twisted

Quote:
Originally Posted by BEAR. View Post
The more Wolfpaw interacted with this cat, the more vindicated he felt in his actions. He didn't understand why Bumba picked this one, but he was quietly pleased it didn't seem like she gave him much attention. Haggard Ruins, as if that were any impressive. Any ThunderClan cat oughta know where their old camp was, the sacrifices that took place as it crumbled beneath their very paws. "We'll start with the other landmarks today, then." The trek from camp to Willow's Rise was easy, probably the shortest distance between all of ThunderClan's major features. "Bumba's the Clan leader, 'course she's busy. But if she knew you were sittin' on your ass all moon, she'd be real disappointed too." This one could thank him later. "Look, I know you aren't familiar with our Clan history but you need to understand you can't expect things to be handed to you. You gotta put in effort to go anywhere, otherwise you'll be one of those.. apprentices-at-forty, kinda cats. And I don't think you want to be one of those.

"The Clan's full of a bunch of warriors willing to help out, but they likely won't if you don't ask first. Nightgaze, Wildtwist-- they're a couple of our hornets, they'll help you if you ask. Redhawk 'n Sagefern, too. Even if you're not sure, just try 'n see how it plays out. Worst case scenario? They suck, and you gotta try with someone else."
Wolfpaw's desire to progress is why he sought cats outside of Bumba for training. He understood her schedule wasn't always flexible, and after being sick so long, he didn't want his training to be hindered further. He had to advance.

Asterpaw didn't seem to have his ambition, which was so absurd to him. Who wouldn't want to fight their way to warriorhood? It didn't feel earned, otherwise. "Sagefern's kind of a crowheart, but I wouldn't take it personally. I think he's just like that." He'd been very abrasive during their hunting session, and not the most helpful, but they did get him in the right direction. Wolfpaw would take what he could get, and expected Asterpaw to do the same. "This is Willow's Rise." He stopped only when they neared the weeping willow tree, gaze resting on the carvings in the wood. Time had weathered them, but the clawmarks remained adamantly visible. "Where we lay our dead to rest. It's said that under the canopy of this willow, the sun bleeds through the hanging leaves and guides the fallens' spirits to StarClan's light. Whether you wanna believe that or not is on you." Not his problem. He wasn't sure where his faith lay, either, at this point.

*-Asterpaw-*
41/100
he/him || 10moons || go with the flow: inactive, ultimate predator

Aster listened attentively to Wolfpaw as the two made the trek out of camp. Honestly, he didn't say a thing that Aster didn't need to hear, and it was sort of hard to listen to it, especially because... well, because he'd come into this clan thinking he'd do great, thinking that he'd do everything he could, but he'd been petrified by all the new faces and rules the minute he walked in and had hardly been able to do a thing. Pathetic, really. Wolfpaw, for his part, could be a lot meaner about this all, but he felt more to Asterpaw like he was just annoyed, which the siamese was thankful for. He'd deserve to be yelled at, though.

Willow's Rise, when they reach it, is pretty even in the cold of leaf-bare. Aster can definitely see why this was considered the clan's sacred burial ground. He wasn't sure how much he really believed StarClan was out there, that they would wait here to guide the dead across the barrier between them and life, but he guessed it would be a nice comfort if he did believe such a thing. Could he decide to believe that? Or was that more of a thing he'd have to be born believing? Hm... he could consider that later.

"How many generations back does this land go?" He asked, voice a little quiet, somewhat awestruck. "All the way to the very beginning of ThunderClan?"
Old December 27th, 2023, 10:53 PM
work is never done

Bump Policy: every 4 days

"The land itself, yes." Wolfpaw's voice had soften, gaze swept over the various mounds, over the clawmarks etched on the willow tree. "But this as our graveyard? Not quite." He nodded to the memorial, the tears in the bark as evident as the day they were carved. "Seasons ago, a fire raged through our territory. It killed several cats; the marks represent the lives lost that day.

"I don't understand why our leadership did this, 'n Mom don't neither. But where we were putting bodies was Firefly Cove--"
his voice waivered a little. "Then RiverClan stole it, 'cause they claimed it was theirs, and took all our dead with them. So once we got the graves back, the bodies were moved here so they'd remain within our custody. Easier to defend this than the edges of our land." He really, did not like RiverClan. They had no dignity or honor.. they were just a bunch of fleabags. "If you believe some of the elders, we used to live underground too. If any of that's true, I reckon there's even older graves far below us we'll never see."

[ @FrostyGalaxy ]

Old January 3rd, 2024, 12:23 AM
Master of bad jokes

Bump Policy: 2 days or 1 day if time sensitive. I am very forgetful
My Mood: Queenly

Nightgaze sat here for a few hours and just kept an eye out for any trouble.

Nightgaze kit finder!

Please tap on the eggs and small dragons!^^

Old January 3rd, 2024, 12:39 AM
High-Function Autistic

Status: Highly Functioning Autistic who is easily frustrated, so if I say something I don’t mean, I’m so
Bump Policy: 30 Minutes to an Hour.
My Mood: Angelic

ThunderClan Re: Willow's Rise

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Doctor View Post
Nightgaze sat here for a few hours and just kept an eye out for any trouble.

Curltail
ThunderClan Warrior

A fluffy white she-cat with a curled tail was bounding across Willow's Rise just nearby Nightgaze. She was chasing a rabbit.

The warrior's emerald gaze flicked towards the burrow the rabbit was trying to flee to, and she sped up her pace.

The she-cat leaped over the rabbit, blocking its escape route.

The rabbit let out a squeal, and before it could flee between the white warrior's legs, the she-cat slammed a strong forepaw down on it, giving it a swift, clean bite to the back of the neck.

The bite killed the rabbit instantly and it went limp in the warrior's jaws.

''Thank you, StarClan, for this prey,'' The she-cat meowed whenever she lifted her head.

•☆ Purrks ☆•
Larkswoop: BUT3, FTT3, LL
Robinsnow: WI, AK
Fireflypaw / Flicker: TC, AK, MR
Pondpaw: Silver Tongue

Last edited by isla; January 3rd, 2024 at 12:41 AM.
Old January 3rd, 2024, 12:59 PM
What matters is ‘you’

Bump Policy: 2 days minimum
My Mood: Twisted

*-Asterpaw-*
44/100
he/him || 10moons || go with the flow: inactive, ultimate predator

"ThunderClan used to be underground?" He asks, a little surprised by that fact. Everyone always compared ThunderClan to squirrels, so it'd make more sense in his mind if they lived in the trees in the way past, but living underground just made him think of gophers. Now that he thinks about it... he's maybe heard some cats talking about tunnels here and there, but he didn't think the tunnel system would be so... expansive.

"Hm..." Aster hums thoughtfully. "It's a little sad, if that's true. All the super old graves in the tunnels... no one comes to visit them anymore. I wonder if they're lonely down there..." He's not really speaking to Wolfpaw, more to himself, but if the other apprentice wants to comment on it the siamese won't object. Maybe one day he'll go down into the tunnels, just to try and find the old graves, to pay them a visit and make sure they don't feel left behind or forgotten. They deserve to be remembered, even if Asterpaw himself doesn't know who they are and never will.

[ @BEAR. ]
Old January 7th, 2024, 04:50 PM
as long as i breathe

Bump Policy: 3 days / 1 if time sensitive

Redhawk
She/they | 29 moons | Ultimate Predator • The Collector
Dutifully padding along through the territory with a few wilted flowers clasped in her jaws, Redhawk made her way towards Willow's Rise leaving behind a trail of paws in the snowscape of ThunderClan territory. She wasn't sure how often her Clanmates came out here to pay their respects, but to her it was important to do so. She didn't want them forgotten, especially those who had given their lives in service of ThunderClan. The light falling of flakes dusted her reddish-brown fur and had her sticking out like a sore claw.

"Here w-we go," she breathed, starting to work on setting one of the eight flowers on the first snow-covered mound she approached. Once it was placed, she stood to offer a moment of silence before moving on. Repeating this step she eventually finished depositing all of her flowers. "T-There," she grinned, then sneezed once as a flake landed on her nose. Hopefully once newleaf came they could do some restoration of the grave - clear off the snow, make it pretty again.

Turning around from the mounds to start heading home - when the sparkle of something shiny caught her eye. Turning to look closer, it seemed to be... an icicle? Hanging off one of the willow branches. In fact, there were quite a few. Wonder glimmered in her gaze as Redhawk circled one in particular, smiling softly. It was so... beautiful. ...And curious. She knew she shouldn't - after all she was a full grown warrior! But... okay maybe just a small taste.

Sticking out her tongue she drew it up the side of the icicle, shivering from the coldness. Okay, yep, definitely cold. She went to remove her tongue and - wait. Blinking in confusion Red tried again, this time tugging her head back harder. Still... no. Her ears went back as she tried to look at the icicle that her tongue now seemed to be stuck to.

[ @dino. - hehe if you still wanted bumble to walk in on red with her tongue stuck to an icicle ]

dusklion is riverclan's deputy; if you need her, mention me!
riverclan resourcesriverclan apprentice trainingkit curriculum
| character siteabout meroleplay tracker |
Old January 13th, 2024, 11:22 PM
work is never done

Bump Policy: every 4 days

"All the Clans did, a long time ago. Ol' Goat says it's 'cause the predators back then were overwhelming them, but.. so I ain't so sure I believe him." A shrug. "Been so long. We still got predator issues, but it ain't so bad we can't handle it. Even birds aren't too much a bother unless you being stupid." To his knowledge, ThunderClan hadn't lost a kit-- or anyone, to a bird attack. Beyond the foxes ShadowClan tried sending over, their predator issues had been real minimal. He hadn't fought one yet.. maybe someday.

The odds of finding the graves were slim, at best. "Most of the tunnels are long gone, they collapsed. There was this huge flood that just.. wiped them out." He didn't know why anyone would want to go down there, in hindsight. Even if they restored them, how many bones would they find of cats who.. couldn't escape?

Wolfpaw decided they'd had enough of this, specifically. No point in dwelling on the dead. "C'mon, let's go to the Cove."

[ @FrostyGalaxy / feel free to move there in ur next post ]

Old January 14th, 2024, 09:49 PM
Why bother?

My Mood: Inspired

Shadepaw
7 Moons
She/Her

Her thin mottled pelt shuddered to keep the cold at bay as Shadepaw stalked toward the Rise. Willow's Rise, where she would get some sort of training or other with Fawnsplash. Her mentor had promised to teach her some battle moves. She would be catching up in a bit, leaving Shadepaw to examine her surroundings.

She felt stupid just sitting there. Where was the point? Not even on a hedgehog's tail, that's where. Shadepaw narrowed her dark green eyes around the sheltered bit of landscape. An idea sprung to mind, and after a few flicks of a dark grey ear, she padded toward a shaded spot, eyeing the space beneath a bush with small, round green leaves with a firm texture. She slipped under it, settling into a crouch. Shadepaw cast her eyes out, waiting for her mentor to appear.

What would Fawnsplash think if Shadepaw managed to take her mentor by surprise?

@celeste
Old January 14th, 2024, 10:00 PM
dum spiro, spero

Bump Policy: 72 hrs/48 for importance
My Mood: Lazy

Quote:
Originally Posted by tallulah View Post
Redhawk
She/they | 29 moons | Ultimate Predator • The Collector
Dutifully padding along through the territory with a few wilted flowers clasped in her jaws, Redhawk made her way towards Willow's Rise leaving behind a trail of paws in the snowscape of ThunderClan territory. She wasn't sure how often her Clanmates came out here to pay their respects, but to her it was important to do so. She didn't want them forgotten, especially those who had given their lives in service of ThunderClan. The light falling of flakes dusted her reddish-brown fur and had her sticking out like a sore claw.

"Here w-we go," she breathed, starting to work on setting one of the eight flowers on the first snow-covered mound she approached. Once it was placed, she stood to offer a moment of silence before moving on. Repeating this step she eventually finished depositing all of her flowers. "T-There," she grinned, then sneezed once as a flake landed on her nose. Hopefully once newleaf came they could do some restoration of the grave - clear off the snow, make it pretty again.

Turning around from the mounds to start heading home - when the sparkle of something shiny caught her eye. Turning to look closer, it seemed to be... an icicle? Hanging off one of the willow branches. In fact, there were quite a few. Wonder glimmered in her gaze as Redhawk circled one in particular, smiling softly. It was so... beautiful. ...And curious. She knew she shouldn't - after all she was a full grown warrior! But... okay maybe just a small taste.

Sticking out her tongue she drew it up the side of the icicle, shivering from the coldness. Okay, yep, definitely cold. She went to remove her tongue and - wait. Blinking in confusion Red tried again, this time tugging her head back harder. Still... no. Her ears went back as she tried to look at the icicle that her tongue now seemed to be stuck to.

[ @dino. - hehe if you still wanted bumble to walk in on red with her tongue stuck to an icicle ]

Bumblestar rarely came up here anymore. It felt wrong, like a betrayal to those she was supposed to be remembering, but sometimes it just hurt to think about it.

Today, she was trying to get past that. Actually sit down and do some thinking next to Jaystride, maybe actually say something out loud. But, like always, suddenly Redhawk was there, in some stupid-looking situation.

Bumblestar came to a halt and stared at her. "Why are you the way that you are?"

On hiatus from June 9th to June 17th. Do not bump me/send me messages, they will go unresponded to.

Character Site | Bumble RP Finder | Redmire RP Finder | Clan History Overview

Bumblestar is ThunderClan's leader. She has an open den policy.
ThunderClan Kit Curriculum | ThunderClan Resources | ThunderClan Outsider Joining | ThunderClan Additional Training