Go Back   Warrior Cats Online > Main Warriors Roleplay > ShadowClan

Notice
Please make sure to read this important policy change and reminder!
Allegiances

ThunderClan
Leader: Bumblestar
Deputy: Spiderthroat
Medicine Cat: Wolfpaw
Medicine Cat Apprentice: None

ShadowClan
Leader
Dawnstar
Deputy
: Mistlewhisker
Medicine Cat: Mossfreckle

Medicine Cat Apprentice: Grousepaw

RiverClan
Leader
: Stormstar
Deputy:
Owltalon
Medicine Cat: Berryshine

Medicine Cat Apprentice:
None

WindClan
Leader
Twilightstar
Deputy:
Crowtooth
Medicine Cat: Lightningstorm
Medicine Cat Apprentice: Rabbitpaw

Recent Threads
RiverClan Skyridge
by BEAR.
Last post by Ian
Today 07:40 PM
Short Story Contest
by marshy
Last post by taillow
Today 07:36 PM
Smothered in its cradle...
by Rani
Last post by Idiotic.Bean101
Today 07:35 PM
RiverClan Outsider Joining
by taillow
Last post by Naila
Today 07:32 PM
Blossom's character shop!
Last post by Blossom Cry
Today 07:26 PM

Old September 1st, 2022, 02:09 AM
Raven

Bump Policy: 3 days | 2 days Time Sensitive
My Mood: Pensive

Default Re: ShadowClan Medicine Cat's Den

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Vast View Post
| Raccoonpelt |
| He/Him |
| A large grey cat with black and white markings that resembles a raccoon; Yellow eyes |

~ Raccoonpelt didn't give any cat a glance when he had walked into the camp with two open wounds, he didnt want to waste anymore energy, he already wasted enough dragging the body of the rouge off the territory, Raccoonpelt quickly made his way over to the medicine den. When he got to his destination he looked around hoping that the medicine cat was in the den. ~

| @Ravensong |

**Elmshadow**

Elmshadow turned as he heard paw steps approaching his den. Letting his previous tasks fall away from his mind for a moment, the dark tom turned and faced the approaching warrior. Recognizing the tom easily, Elmshadow’s dark green eyes traveled over the warrior, quickly picking up the scent of blood and pinpointing at least a part of one wound, though the wash of blood scent, and Raccoonpelt’s presence, suggested there was likely more than what he saw, unless the blood scent was not his. He twitched an ear mildly before meowing flatly, ”What’s the problem, Raccoonpelt? I assume you’re not here for the scenery.”

Active Purrks
Elmshadow - The Collector
Cougarivy - Beefed Up
Sunsetpaw - Biligual, Flock Together:Tier 2
- - - - -
Character Site
- - - - -
Elmshadow
- - - - -
Shadowclan Healing
Old September 1st, 2022, 02:21 PM

Bump Policy: Hiatus.
My Mood: Kingly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravensong View Post

**Elmshadow**

Elmshadow turned as he heard paw steps approaching his den. Letting his previous tasks fall away from his mind for a moment, the dark tom turned and faced the approaching warrior. Recognizing the tom easily, Elmshadow’s dark green eyes traveled over the warrior, quickly picking up the scent of blood and pinpointing at least a part of one wound, though the wash of blood scent, and Raccoonpelt’s presence, suggested there was likely more than what he saw, unless the blood scent was not his. He twitched an ear mildly before meowing flatly, ”What’s the problem, Raccoonpelt? I assume you’re not here for the scenery.”
| Raccoonpelt |
| He/Him |
| A large grey cat with black and white markings that resembles a raccoon; Yellow eyes |

~ The wound on his side had stopped bleeding, still holding a sting to it while the other wound was still bleeding but not as bad as it had been when he was first attacked. The blood had started to dry up in the warriors fur, hed have to groom it later. Raccoonpelt flicked his ear when he heard the familiar voice of the medicine cat. Raccoonpelt looked over at him and started to explain his situation.

"A rogue attacked me on the territory. Theres another on my side but its not as bad as this one."

Raccoonpelt said referring to the wound just below from where it would have killed him.

"The rogue was angry about how Dawnstar refused him from joining Shadowclan. Hes off the territory i made sure of it. I think we need to watch out for him." ~

Last edited by xavier.; September 1st, 2022 at 02:22 PM.
Old September 2nd, 2022, 10:53 AM
Raven

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Vast View Post
| Raccoonpelt |
| He/Him |

~ The wound on his side had stopped bleeding, still holding a sting to it while the other wound was still bleeding but not as bad as it had been when he was first attacked. The blood had started to dry up in the warriors fur, hed have to groom it later. Raccoonpelt flicked his ear when he heard the familiar voice of the medicine cat. Raccoonpelt looked over at him and started to explain his situation.

"A rogue attacked me on the territory. Theres another on my side but its not as bad as this one."

Raccoonpelt said referring to the wound just below from where it would have killed him.

"The rogue was angry about how Dawnstar refused him from joining Shadowclan. Hes off the territory i made sure of it. I think we need to watch out for him." ~

**Elmshadow**

As the warrior got into explaining, Elmshadow turned and grabbed a wad of cobwebs. He paused, gazing at the mostly empty herb stores. As Raccoonpelt finished up his report, Elmshadow instructed over his shoulder, ”Clean out those wounds as well as you can.” He didn’t have any more marigold, which was a concern. Scratches as deep as those Raccoonpelt had sustained could use the extra defense against infection. He narrowed his eyes, he couldn’t waste his time thinking over herbs he wished he had but didn’t. Turning with his wad of cobwebs, he motioned Raccoonpelt into the den then set to work inspecting the wounds and cleaning any spots the warrior missed or couldn’t reach then he spread out the sinewy cobwebs and pressed them into spots that were still oozing blood. As he worked he meowed, ”You did well. The patrols will keep a lookout. You could let Cinderblaze know to pass along the information to the border patrols but, unless he becomes a problem, rogues pass through and are dealt with every moon.” He sniffed over the now-covered wounds and stepped away from the warrior. ”Those should get sore and stiff, possibly even itchy, but if they start feeling markably worse or more painful then let me know.” Elmshadow turned to clean up the small mess left behind, dismissing the warrior.

Active Purrks
Cougarivy - Beefed Up
- - - - -
Character Site
- - - - -
Elmshadow
- - - - -
Shadowclan Healing
Old September 3rd, 2022, 06:35 PM

Bump Policy: Hiatus.
My Mood: Kingly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravensong View Post

**Elmshadow**

As the warrior got into explaining, Elmshadow turned and grabbed a wad of cobwebs. He paused, gazing at the mostly empty herb stores. As Raccoonpelt finished up his report, Elmshadow instructed over his shoulder, ”Clean out those wounds as well as you can.” He didn’t have any more marigold, which was a concern. Scratches as deep as those Raccoonpelt had sustained could use the extra defense against infection. He narrowed his eyes, he couldn’t waste his time thinking over herbs he wished he had but didn’t. Turning with his wad of cobwebs, he motioned Raccoonpelt into the den then set to work inspecting the wounds and cleaning any spots the warrior missed or couldn’t reach then he spread out the sinewy cobwebs and pressed them into spots that were still oozing blood. As he worked he meowed, ”You did well. The patrols will keep a lookout. You could let Cinderblaze know to pass along the information to the border patrols but, unless he becomes a problem, rogues pass through and are dealt with every moon.” He sniffed over the now-covered wounds and stepped away from the warrior. ”Those should get sore and stiff, possibly even itchy, but if they start feeling markably worse or more painful then let me know.” Elmshadow turned to clean up the small mess left behind, dismissing the warrior.
| Raccoonpelt |
| He/Him |

~ Raccoonpelt had nodded and started to clean his grey, white, and black fur of the blood trying to get as much as he could. Once the warrior had done so he waited for the medicine cat to give further instructions or do something, and with that Elmshadow had come over with cobwebs. After Elmshadow had finished Raccoonpelt stood up but not too quickly. The Shadowclan warrior nodded and gave his thanks to the medicine cat. And with being dismissed Raccoonpelt left the den with a flick of his striped tail. ~
Old September 12th, 2022, 07:45 PM
Moonraven's brother

Bump Policy: 3 days

@Ravensong @Levi 99
After what felt like a rather excruciating walk down the cliffside into the gorge, Dawnstar finally made it to the medicine cat's den. She took whatever bedding was closest and free and set Shadefrost down there. "Elmshadow, I'm dropping off Shadefrost, he got into a scuffle of some sort. I need him patched up. As soon as he deemed fit enough, I want him sent to my den." Even though Dawnstar had brought him back into the clan, it had been because of his injuries and nothing more. He still needed to explain what the hell happened to him. The busy feline didn't stay long, merely dropping off the warrior, and left the den and her medicine cat with that.

siggy art by redshiftreign
Dawnstar is the leader of ShadowClan and her kits currently reside in her den, enter and she may maim or kill you. She has a closed den policy.
ShadowClan Resources ||| Dawnstar ||| ||| Kit Curriculum Finder

Last edited by Undertaker; September 12th, 2022 at 07:45 PM.
Old September 17th, 2022, 04:41 PM

Bump Policy: I'm not sure yet.
My Mood: Inspired

(Apologies that this took so long - it slipped my mind because I was waiting for Maplepaw's RPer to respond. Since they haven't, I'll assume Maplepaw didn't listen to Ivysnake. They've been inactive since February.)

~ IVYSNAKE OF SHADOWCLAN ~

Ivysnake led the way into the medicine cats' den. She nodded quickly to Robinscratch as she put her son down and left. Maplepaw hadn't shown up. Surprise surprise, considering how he'd acted earlier. Forcing back an eye roll, the tall she-cat focused on Pinekit. He had a nasty cut on his nose, but it didn't look bad. "Let me see your nose," she meowed, crouching down to better see the wound. Nope, nothing bad. "I'll put some cobwebs on it." Ivysnake slunk to the herb stores and took out one of the cobweb bundles. He didn't need that much, so she took half of the bundle and went back to the spiky-furred tom-kit. The wound wasn't bad enough to require marigold, and besides, they were low on the flower. Using any would be wasting it.

"Sit down and stay still," Ivysnake instructed. She plastered the cobwebs onto his cut nose, making sure the strands stuck. "There. Don't touch the wound, and no roughhousing with your siblings for the rest of the day. If you ruin those cobwebs, don't expect me to waste our stores reapplying a naughty kit's minor wound. And don't touch any Twoleg garbage, no matter what your foolish mother says. Run along now." The medicine cat apprentice flicked her black-striped tail at the den's entrance, indicating to Pinekit that he could leave.

(-0.5 cobweb)

@Ashcloud of WindClan

Want a short story written for you? Click this link!

Last edited by TheNyanCatMinecart; September 17th, 2022 at 04:41 PM.
Old September 18th, 2022, 01:23 AM
I like birds and graves

Bump Policy: 3 days
My Mood: Lurking

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheNyanCatMinecart View Post
(Apologies that this took so long - it slipped my mind because I was waiting for Maplepaw's RPer to respond. Since they haven't, I'll assume Maplepaw didn't listen to Ivysnake. They've been inactive since February.)

Ivysnake led the way into the medicine cats' den. She nodded quickly to Robinscratch as she put her son down and left. Maplepaw hadn't shown up. Surprise surprise, considering how he'd acted earlier. Forcing back an eye roll, the tall she-cat focused on Pinekit. He had a nasty cut on his nose, but it didn't look bad. "Let me see your nose," she meowed, crouching down to better see the wound. Nope, nothing bad. "I'll put some cobwebs on it." Ivysnake slunk to the herb stores and took out one of the cobweb bundles. He didn't need that much, so she took half of the bundle and went back to the spiky-furred tom-kit. The wound wasn't bad enough to require marigold, and besides, they were low on the flower. Using any would be wasting it.

"Sit down and stay still," Ivysnake instructed. She plastered the cobwebs onto his cut nose, making sure the strands stuck. "There. Don't touch the wound, and no roughhousing with your siblings for the rest of the day. If you ruin those cobwebs, don't expect me to waste our stores reapplying a naughty kit's minor wound. And don't touch any Twoleg garbage, no matter what your foolish mother says. Run along now." The medicine cat apprentice flicked her black-striped tail at the den's entrance, indicating to Pinekit that he could leave.

(-0.5 cobweb)

@Ashcloud of WindClan
Pinekit thanked Ivysnake and ran off to find his mother and littermates.

*awkward silence*

"Er... no." - Ravenpaw
Old September 25th, 2022, 02:51 PM
Engaged to Moonraven

Bump Policy: 24 hours
My Mood: Devilish

Vixensnarl limped into the medicine cat's den with an annoyed frown on her face. Despite keeping the bite wound on her hind leg clean, it seemed to have stiffened up and possibly become infected. Even though the Enforcer didn't want to waste the Elmshadow and Ivysnake's time or herbs, she felt it was better to get it checked than have long-lasting consequences down the line.

"Elmshadow? Ivysnake? My hind leg stiffened up during Sunsetpaw's assessment, so I figured I should get it checked out."

@Ravensong @TheNyanCatMinecart

if i look back, i am lost
passive & healing powerplay permitted
The Archives
Old September 25th, 2022, 06:02 PM

Bump Policy: I'm not sure yet.
My Mood: Inspired

Ivysnake looked at the meager herb stores, a scowl etched across her face. Dark Forest-cursed Twolegs. They were an enemy ShadowClan couldn't fight, and that just made them all the more frustrating. When it came to any other cat, Ivysnake could rely on her teeth and claws to get the job done. But Twolegs? They were a totally different thing, annoying, ugly creatures bent on ruining the Clans' territories. And now, because of their recent passing through ShadowClan territory, Pinewatch Patch was no more. That had been the best place for marigold - and the Twolegs had destroyed it. The dark brown tip of Ivysnake's tail twitched, and she gritted her teeth with annoyance. I'd love to sink my claws into a Twoleg, but they could just pick me up and force me to live as a kittypet. It had happened to Grimhound once, maybe even twice - Ivysnake knew that the tom wouldn't have left ShadowClan on purpose. So it could happen to anyone. But not Dawnstar, surely. Her leader was too smart and powerful for that.

The sound of limping pawsteps caught Ivysnake's attention. Turning, the black-striped tabby found Vixensnarl making her way into the den. For a while, Vixensnarl had stood out to Ivysnake - they fought together during ShadowClan's takeover of ThunderClan, were made warriors together, and were both adopted into Dawnstar's family and were considered her daughters. Despite that bond, the medicine cat apprentice had been thinking of something else for a while. Ivysnake had wanted to take multiple mates, but she was pretty picky - her mates had to be strong, capable cats who, in short, weren't idiots. And they had to be good enough for Ivysnake. Although she had a preference toward cats who would be able to have kits with her - she wanted to provide ShadowClan with offspring to fuel their ranks - any cat could be her mate, just so long as they didn't mind her taking other mates and not being overly affectionate or romantic with them because that just wasn't her thing.

Vixensnarl was technically her sister, but they weren't actually kin. They weren't biologically related. And Ivysnake was pretty sure that Dawnstar didn't matter how members of her family mingled. So, in short, she'd been thinking of asking Vixensnarl to be her mate for a while. Not anything affectionate or... overly mate-like, but for them to share a stronger bond and perhaps just bear the title of "mates." Kind of like what Dawnstar had done, but unlike many things, Ivysnake wasn't trying to imitate or be like her leader. That was just the way she was.

These thoughts flashed through the tall she-cat's mind in about a second. She padded over to Vixensnarl, one dark brown ear twitching as she listened to the Enforcer's explanation. So, her leg had stiffened up while she'd been doing Sunsetpaw's assessment. Ivysnake's sharp, piercing amber eyes narrowed. "Was it injured beforepaw [beforehand]? As in, before the assessment?" she asked, bending down to give it a good sniff. It looked like a nasty bite. And there was another underlying scent... Ivysnake didn't know how to pick up infection, but there were signs that would point her in the correct, obvious direction. She'd also seen Elmshadow - who had had more experience with infection - treat wounds that were, well, infected. And this one looked a little inflamed and had a bit of a scent to it.

"You shouldn't have waited," Ivysnake grunted, going to the herb stores and grabbing some cobwebs and one precious marigold flower. Going back to the brown tabby she-cat, she continued, "It looks like the wound might be a little infected, or at least be at risk of it. If you'd come to me sooner, I might not have had to waste any marigold on it." Ivysnake chewed up the flower, then smeared it onto Vixensnarl's leg. After that, she plastered on the cobwebs. "Be careful with that poultice. I can't waste any more marigold. But wait a moment," she added, glancing around briefly to make sure that no one else was around. Ivysnake was a bit annoyed by Vixensnarl's carelessness, but not as annoyed as she'd usually be. The Enforcer had some common sense, so she wasn't going to back out of asking now. "I'd like to speak with you for a moment. And no, it's not about letting your wound fester so I had to waste marigold on a potential infection." Vixensnarl had to at least know how frog-brained that had been. "Where did you even get the wound?"

@NinjaBloss @Ravensong (I just mentioned you to ask to keep this between Vixensnarl and Ivysnake! )

(-1 cobweb, -1 marigold)

Want a short story written for you? Click this link!

Last edited by TheNyanCatMinecart; September 25th, 2022 at 07:43 PM.
Old September 25th, 2022, 07:37 PM
Raven

**Elmshadow**
@Levi 99

As Dawnstar stepped into the den, Elmshadow turned from his work and looked at the warrior she slumped into a nearby nest. He nodded as she gave him a brief explanation then turned out of the den and disappeared. The dark medicine cat took a couple long strides to bring himself to the injured cat’s side. The warrior had been gone, Elmshadow hadn’t cared to track for how long, but then he showed back up looking like this. His green eyes peaked just over his crinkling nose as the stench wafted up to him; he didn’t need to be a medicine cat to recognize the signs of infection wrought over Shadefrost’s bites and scratches. Elmshadow turned and tore off a clump of moss to soak in the trickling water and turned back to his patient. He used the water-logged moss to scrub the wounds and the surrounding areas clean; with the infection tainting the wounds Elmshadow didn’t feel it safe to have either Shadefrost or himself clean out the wounds through regular grooming.

Once the bites and scratches had been cleaned down to raw, red, mildly oozing wounds, Elmshadow turned to his herb stores. Their marigold was low and there was no promise of reliably restocking it, wasting it on a warrior who disappeared rubbed Elmshadow wrong, but there was no doubt that without something to treat the infection Shadefrost wouldn’t make it long. Even without Shadefrost wasting herbs, Elmshadow couldn’t deny that they could likely run into the need of an herb to be able to treat infection in case they couldn’t find more marigold, so Shadefrost’s recklessness could be spun to his benefit; Elmshadow saw very little to be lost in using the tom to test some theories on. He’d used honey in the past to cover wounds and it seemed to help though he wasn’t sure if it would effectively treat an active infection. This may be the best opportunity for him to try it out. He grabbed the leftover honeycomb and the two dock leaves to line Shadefrost’s nest to keep it clean if the honey before returning to the injured tom.

Gently rolling Shadefrost one way then the other, Elmshadow slipped the broad leaves between the tom and the bedding before taking pawfuls of honey from the honey comb and slathering it over the raw wounds. ”How does that feel?”

[Elmshadow doesn’t know but the dock leaves would actually help soothe his wounds. The honey also works to soothe wounds as well as treat infection, though, as stated, Elmshadow doesn’t know about the infection part]

[ -2 dock leaves -0.75 honeycomb ]

[ @TheNyanCatMinecart @NinjaBloss No problem ^^ If I had Elmshadow respond at all it would’ve been just to let Ivysnake handle it anyway]

Active Purrks
Cougarivy - Beefed Up
- - - - -
Character Site
- - - - -
Elmshadow
- - - - -
Shadowclan Healing

Last edited by Pitou; September 25th, 2022 at 07:41 PM.