writing commissions
Last post by randomfandomfan
Today 07:21 AM

Old March 2nd, 2017, 06:15 PM

My Mood: Lurking

Cool Re: SkyClan Clearing

{ @Random Melody }
(let me know if I dun do this right xD)
Creekpaw padded from the apprentice's den, her olive gaze looking around the clearing, examining everything. The mostly black, orange-patched apprenticed layed in the middle and sighed, looking for something to do.
Old March 3rd, 2017, 02:52 PM
it be like that sometimes

My Mood: Unpredictable

Default Re: SkyClan Clearing

Quote:
Originally Posted by fenic! View Post
"...There's already been attacks on Skyclan- and you fought them? Rory, you've got to tell me about these things when they happen? Are you alright- you could've gotten hurt, you know!" Morningbrook exclaimed, his tone suddenly shifting to more of a worried one as his best friend revealed that she'd fought one of the murderous cats who were only across their border- really, it was dangerous. You don't have nine lives like Grousestar- be careful! Shaking his head, he attempted to rest his tail on Auroraflame's shoulder quietly, though the two seemed to be around the same height, and it was more like him sticking his tail up. "I don't mean to be rude or anything... but you sound like you need to take a break." I could take a break too, honestly- everything's so stressful, and I can't imagine what Auroraflame feels like with all these duties she has to complete. Besides- with Morningbrook's ideology, everybody needed a break once in a while.
"Oh Morningbrook, it's great that you care but you really don't have to worry about me. I was absolutely fine," Auroraflame insisted. The ebony feline was heart-warmed with the fact that her best friend cared, but like she had said, she really didn't need him to worry over her like an overprotective mother. Plus, she had had Grousestar at the time, and they had managed to fight Onyx off together. There were technically two enemies at the time, but one of them didn't even bother helping the other fight. I guess that's what you should expect from a group of evil cats. They obviously wouldn't want to help each other like we do, Auroraflame thought, mentally slapping herself on the head for being so stupid. The deputy's tail twitched ever so slightly in amusement as Morningbrook attempted to rest his tail on her shoulder. It really just made him look like he was sticking up his tail due to their height similiarities. What the ginger tom said made Auroraflame feel even more persistent than before. "I don't have time for breaks. There are lots of things that need to be attended to and there's just no where that a break could fit in," Auroraflame said, shaking her head. "This is probably the only break i'll have for a while", the black she-cat remarked. She knew this was quite accurate. Too much work lead to no breaks. "I'll manage," Auroraflame said, though her tone of voice betrayed her, letting anyone who was listening know that she wouldn't.

Enjoy the good times <3 because something terrible is probably about to happen

Old March 3rd, 2017, 04:04 PM
✴rewrite the stars✴

My Mood: Fine

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoireRose View Post
For the first time it seemed, Splotchfeather didn't reply. She stayed planted to her spot, sitting across from him. While she was quiet, she stared at him, intently. Noticing every little physical thing about him for the first time. When she first approached him, she thought he was lonely...needed company. She never paid much attention to how he really looked, and this time. In this exact moment, she noticed the color of his eyes. Yellow. Like hers. She noticed his fur was grey, thick and long. Though, she already noticed his height from a distance. What cat wouldn't? She noticed he was aging, and she noticed that he held some type of pain. Was it pain? Was it fear? Whatever it was, she knew some type of emotion was there. However, she could not detect it. She noticed his stammering from when they first met. This did little to bother her. In fact, it humored her! Then, lastly it dawned that she noticed the aging upon him. She did note at that exact moment the many moons apart they were, but this did little to affect her. It did made her realize that he experienced more out of life than she ever did. Ever will, if she dare admit.
Quietly, she swallowed a lump in her throat. ''Time is a blessing...''She mused. ''However, it's a surprising matter...considering you never know how much time you have left.'' She stares into his yellow orbs, and looked away, to groom her flank. She did this to save herself from the timing. ''My mother died going across a pathway to save my brother. She tried to take him back after they took him...but she never came back.'' She, then laid down, feeling her cheerfulness fading away. She curled herself into a ball, her tail covering her face. ''After she was gone, it was only my youngest brother and me...two kits wandering around, trying to find something in life to do.'' She huffed, feeling a weight heavy on her heart. ''It wasn't long before I lost him too. I thought Starclan was punishing me because they took everything I loved, but then...I just couldn't be alone anymore.'' She constantly asked herself why she was telling this older tom most of her business, about the past she wanted to bury. She felt a trust in this tom for some odd reason. She quickly uncurled herself, swallowing deeply before going back to her bubbly personality. ''That is why you shouldn't waste a day!'' She crouched into a playful bow, her fluffy tail in the air. ''Or, the time you have here! And, sureee...''She rolled her eyes. ''Owlwing, huh? Now that name is exotic! I would prefer something along those lines...I just can't ever get a liking to my name.'' She rolled her eyes at herself. ''I honestly can't wait to meet her, Greystep! Her name fascinates me, and I'm sure she's as fascinating as her name!''
Splotchfeather pondered on if she would ever grow up...mentally, that is. If she would ever mellow down enough to be liked by her other clan mates. She wondered if she would ever turn out like the tom in front of her. Granted, she wasn't as...quiet as him, but she could hint some wisdom in him. And, it what made him so fascinating to her. She could be frolicking with the other toms her age, if she wanted. She could be annoying some other cat, but noooo she chose him. She was highly surprised that he didn't push her away, and that he wanted her to stay. Splotchfeather could not lie; the warmth that was swirling in her stomach at his kind words.
For a moment, Greystep was surprised at her silence. Though perhaps he shouldn't have been, considering she had been quiet for a short while now. It was refreshing to note that she wasn't quite as cheerful and upbeat as she had been a moment before, and he realized with satisfaction that she did, in fact, seem to be mellowing down. Good! he thought with a satisfied nod, although part of him was already missing the cheerful young she cat that he had seen before. Most of him was grateful for the silence. Silence was something that Greystep didn't get too often, living in a Clan...and he knew better then to venture out on his own. What kind of a crazy cat would do that? Just leave the safety and security of a Clan for the uncertainty and stress of the outside world? No, Greystep had plenty of problems within the Clan that he was trying to deal with at the moment...more of them outside would only result in him growing bothered after a while.

He wasn't quite sure what it was about this cheerful young cat that captivated him. Perhaps he remembered the kits running around Camp, or maybe it had been her wiser statement about families that had interested him. Greystep listened to her story, swallowing a lump in his own throat. This had happened to her. This was a true story. It wasn't a tale that queens told kits in the nursery, and it wasn't just some long-ago dream. This had happened to a cat that he was talking to...her family. Gone. "O-oh S-Splotchfeather...I-I'm so sorry...." That was all he could think of to say. Sorry didn't help. Sorry wasn't going to bring her family back, fix everything. Sorry wasn't going to make everyone feel better and result in a dance and a song while families huddled up together. Bitter anger welled up in the tom's chest at the injustice that had befallen his new friend.

Was she a friend? He wasn't sure whether he should call her that by name yet or not...probably not, considering that it probably wouldn't be the most appropriate thing to happen. He smiled as the younger she cat jumped to her paws, going back to her cheerful personality. How could she just bounce back that easily? Had she...forgotten? Or was she choosing to bury that painful memory, that awful part of her past, in her head? Greystep would never be able to do something like that. Painful memories were constantly plaguing him, bothering him, making it so that it was hard for him to breathe. They suffocated him with the awareness that they had really happened...that it wasn't just some dream. And that bothered him more then he could ever say.

"Y-your name is nice. I like it." He mewed, looking down at his paws as he did so. A compliment was something that the anxious tom was not used to giving...especially to a she cat as young as Splotchfeather. Her name was unique, and, though he never would have said it out loud, sounded much more unusual then Owlwing...though Owlwing's name was quite pretty in it's own sense. "She is. She-she's great. I-I like her a lot." Greystep smiled a little sheepishly as he spoke of the multi-colored female whom he had gotten to know so well. He hoped this new friend of his would like her. Or soon to be friend. He wasn't quite sure what they were right now, it was an interesting friendship if it was- or was going to be- one, and he was looking forwards to seeing where it went.

He wondered if the she cat was thinking the same thing.

I mentioned on my profile that I was starting over. A fresh start is best for me right now; I've created quite a few new characters, and they will all be on my site, but not all will be used in roleplay right away. it's likely I'll bring them in more gradually.
Old March 3rd, 2017, 05:18 PM
😈MAGICALLY MALICIOUS😋

My Mood: Asleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lonestar23 View Post
For a moment, Greystep was surprised at her silence. Though perhaps he shouldn't have been, considering she had been quiet for a short while now. It was refreshing to note that she wasn't quite as cheerful and upbeat as she had been a moment before, and he realized with satisfaction that she did, in fact, seem to be mellowing down. Good! he thought with a satisfied nod, although part of him was already missing the cheerful young she cat that he had seen before. Most of him was grateful for the silence. Silence was something that Greystep didn't get too often, living in a Clan...and he knew better then to venture out on his own. What kind of a crazy cat would do that? Just leave the safety and security of a Clan for the uncertainty and stress of the outside world? No, Greystep had plenty of problems within the Clan that he was trying to deal with at the moment...more of them outside would only result in him growing bothered after a while.

He wasn't quite sure what it was about this cheerful young cat that captivated him. Perhaps he remembered the kits running around Camp, or maybe it had been her wiser statement about families that had interested him. Greystep listened to her story, swallowing a lump in his own throat. This had happened to her. This was a true story. It wasn't a tale that queens told kits in the nursery, and it wasn't just some long-ago dream. This had happened to a cat that he was talking to...her family. Gone. "O-oh S-Splotchfeather...I-I'm so sorry...." That was all he could think of to say. Sorry didn't help. Sorry wasn't going to bring her family back, fix everything. Sorry wasn't going to make everyone feel better and result in a dance and a song while families huddled up together. Bitter anger welled up in the tom's chest at the injustice that had befallen his new friend.

Was she a friend? He wasn't sure whether he should call her that by name yet or not...probably not, considering that it probably wouldn't be the most appropriate thing to happen. He smiled as the younger she cat jumped to her paws, going back to her cheerful personality. How could she just bounce back that easily? Had she...forgotten? Or was she choosing to bury that painful memory, that awful part of her past, in her head? Greystep would never be able to do something like that. Painful memories were constantly plaguing him, bothering him, making it so that it was hard for him to breathe. They suffocated him with the awareness that they had really happened...that it wasn't just some dream. And that bothered him more then he could ever say.

"Y-your name is nice. I like it." He mewed, looking down at his paws as he did so. A compliment was something that the anxious tom was not used to giving...especially to a she cat as young as Splotchfeather. Her name was unique, and, though he never would have said it out loud, sounded much more unusual then Owlwing...though Owlwing's name was quite pretty in it's own sense. "She is. She-she's great. I-I like her a lot." Greystep smiled a little sheepishly as he spoke of the multi-colored female whom he had gotten to know so well. He hoped this new friend of his would like her. Or soon to be friend. He wasn't quite sure what they were right now, it was an interesting friendship if it was- or was going to be- one, and he was looking forwards to seeing where it went.

He wondered if the she cat was thinking the same thing.
''Hey,'' Splotchfeather gently called out to the older warrior. ''Don't go all out and pitying me now.'' She mused and swaying her body, ''My momma gave birth to a gorgeous young she-cat.'' She joked and jumped to her paws. Splotchfeather thought about one thing though. Happiness. As long as her clan mates were happy, she was happy. The past is the past. Thinking about it would surely make her bitter, and she swore in her head to stop mentioning it.
Splotchfeather sat down for a few moments, inhaling in deeply. She looked up at the brilliant sky, and quietly sang, ''I had enough heartache...and enough headache...'' She paused, closing her eyes. ''I've had so many ups and downs...I don't how much more I could take...'' She opened her eyes once again, smiling widely. ''See I decided that I cried my last tears!...'' She quietly sang, ''Yesterday...'' then, she stopped. She quickly hopped on her paws, not wanting to let her guard down. It was one thing that she almost allowed herself to cry, and she quickly picked her pace up by distracting herself to a different conversation starter.
Splotchfeather never wanted to feel weak. She was suppose to be that sun, that twinkle of hope in the hopeless's eyes. She was suppose to be the light that gave other cats bravery. She couldn't allow herself to fall into the category of...unhappiness just because of her past. There were worst things that happened to other cats. She was lucky that she was still put together...and alive.
Splotchfeather looked into the distance, noticing a beautiful butterfly. The butterfly had blue wings, with black designs carved into it. Her ears pinned to her head as she watched it fly. ''Look at that!'' She mewed. ''That butterfly is extremely pretty.'' She tilted her head to one side, and turned back to the tom. ''It kinda reminds me of this field with a lot of flowers!'' She exclaimed. ''It was soooooo pretty! I remember when I used to run in it with my brothers.'' She smiled widely. ''Although I got stung by a bee.'' She mused, and giggled. ''I was told not to be standoffish towards that thing, but heeey! He was pretty too! I loved his stripes.'' She said, longingly.
Splotchfeather, stopped talking once again. She noticed that she was rambling. ''I'm sorry. I'm talking too much. If you want me to shut up, please say so,'' She told him. ''I can't read your mind, you know.'' She said, gently. She knew that it was possibly plausible that he was getting annoyed by her presence, and she didn't want him to feel pressured about talking to her. After all, he was probably the first cat to ever deal with her nonsense, and didn't shoo her away when he had the chance.
Old March 3rd, 2017, 06:15 PM
✴rewrite the stars✴

Quote:
''Hey,'' Splotchfeather gently called out to the older warrior. ''Don't go all out and pitying me now.'' She mused and swaying her body, ''My momma gave birth to a gorgeous young she-cat.'' She joked and jumped to her paws. Splotchfeather thought about one thing though. Happiness. As long as her clan mates were happy, she was happy. The past is the past. Thinking about it would surely make her bitter, and she swore in her head to stop mentioning it.
Splotchfeather sat down for a few moments, inhaling in deeply. She looked up at the brilliant sky, and quietly sang, ''I had enough heartache...and enough headache...'' She paused, closing her eyes. ''I've had so many ups and downs...I don't how much more I could take...'' She opened her eyes once again, smiling widely. ''See I decided that I cried my last tears!...'' She quietly sang, ''Yesterday...'' then, she stopped. She quickly hopped on her paws, not wanting to let her guard down. It was one thing that she almost allowed herself to cry, and she quickly picked her pace up by distracting herself to a different conversation starter.
Splotchfeather never wanted to feel weak. She was suppose to be that sun, that twinkle of hope in the hopeless's eyes. She was suppose to be the light that gave other cats bravery. She couldn't allow herself to fall into the category of...unhappiness just because of her past. There were worst things that happened to other cats. She was lucky that she was still put together...and alive.
Splotchfeather looked into the distance, noticing a beautiful butterfly. The butterfly had blue wings, with black designs carved into it. Her ears pinned to her head as she watched it fly. ''Look at that!'' She mewed. ''That butterfly is extremely pretty.'' She tilted her head to one side, and turned back to the tom. ''It kinda reminds me of this field with a lot of flowers!'' She exclaimed. ''It was soooooo pretty! I remember when I used to run in it with my brothers.'' She smiled widely. ''Although I got stung by a bee.'' She mused, and giggled. ''I was told not to be standoffish towards that thing, but heeey! He was pretty too! I loved his stripes.'' She said, longingly.
Splotchfeather, stopped talking once again. She noticed that she was rambling. ''I'm sorry. I'm talking too much. If you want me to shut up, please say so,'' She told him. ''I can't read your mind, you know.'' She said, gently. She knew that it was possibly plausible that he was getting annoyed by her presence, and she didn't want him to feel pressured about talking to her. After all, he was probably the first cat to ever deal with her nonsense, and didn't shoo her away when he had the chance.
"Hm. That could be a matter of opinion," He joked lightly, though he knew she really was pretty. She'd do well. He was old, and getting older by the day...it wouldn't be long before he would have to do something before Owlwing moved on or things changed between them. He liked the understanding-- the friendship-- that they had now. He didn't want anything to mess it up, although he knew that would be fighting the inevitable. Things got messed up. Cats changed, cats moved on...and there was nothing that Greystep could do to stop any of it. He hoped that Splotchfeather would never meet the world as it really was...or at least, stop seeing the world as she did now. Right now, she saw everything as a game...at least, that was how it seemed. The world could be a beautiful place, but at the same time...he had seen some pretty awful things happen.

Cats had died over things that didn't make any sense to him. Cats had lived over things that made almost as little sense. After a moment, Greystep heard a sweet, soft voice singing. Was this the same cat who had been bouncing around, coming over to him and saying he was 'plotting' earlier? The thought was almost laughable now, but hearing her voice...it sounded like an angel. Like a cat from StarClan had come down and started singing to him, like there was no one else around but she and him, and everything was beginning to fade into the background. Greystep sighed, sinking into a state of almost undeniable relaxation and comfort. I can't believe she didn't do this before...he thought with a sigh, the tip of his tail twitching. This was enough to relax any cat, even the tom who was normally so tense and nervous. Now he was completely calm.

When she stopped, his hues-- which he hadn't even noticed were closed-- flew open in surprise and he hastened to calm himself. "Wow. Th-that was beautiful." He mewed, a little worried that he might scare this new Splotchfeather away with his awkward words. He wasn't a tom who was exactly eloquent, and he wished he could think of something thoughtful and more interesting to say other then 'that was beautiful,' but at the moment, it was the only thing coming to mind. He followed her gaze when she spoke of a butterfly, and noticed the same one. She was right; it was pretty. Extraordinarily pretty, as though it had been made out of silk and jewels. Greystep was used to seeing butterflies, but after talking to this she cat for a while, the whole world seemed to look brighter and more beautiful then before. She must be rubbing off on me. He thought with a semi-affectionate chuckle.

"I've seen bees before. I normally stay away from them though," Greystep laughed. His stammer was almost completely gone now-- only when something really moved him had it returned. He listened to Splotchfeather's words, and then his ears went back slightly. Had he given her the impression that she was bothering him now? Oops. He thought with a sigh, the tip of his tail once again twitching back and forth anxiously. "No! N-no, i-it's okay. K-ke-keep t-tal-tau-talking." He mewed, realizing too late that his stammer had returned. Probably because the emotions were too strong for him. He swallowed a little, and turned his yellow hues on Splotchfeather. It was all he could do to keep looking at her, as it was normally more difficult for him.

"Please." He added in a lower voice.

I mentioned on my profile that I was starting over. A fresh start is best for me right now; I've created quite a few new characters, and they will all be on my site, but not all will be used in roleplay right away. it's likely I'll bring them in more gradually.
Old March 3rd, 2017, 10:18 PM
😈MAGICALLY MALICIOUS😋

Quote:
"Hm. That could be a matter of opinion," He joked lightly, though he knew she really was pretty. She'd do well. He was old, and getting older by the day...it wouldn't be long before he would have to do something before Owlwing moved on or things changed between them. He liked the understanding-- the friendship-- that they had now. He didn't want anything to mess it up, although he knew that would be fighting the inevitable. Things got messed up. Cats changed, cats moved on...and there was nothing that Greystep could do to stop any of it. He hoped that Splotchfeather would never meet the world as it really was...or at least, stop seeing the world as she did now. Right now, she saw everything as a game...at least, that was how it seemed. The world could be a beautiful place, but at the same time...he had seen some pretty awful things happen.

Cats had died over things that didn't make any sense to him. Cats had lived over things that made almost as little sense. After a moment, Greystep heard a sweet, soft voice singing. Was this the same cat who had been bouncing around, coming over to him and saying he was 'plotting' earlier? The thought was almost laughable now, but hearing her voice...it sounded like an angel. Like a cat from StarClan had come down and started singing to him, like there was no one else around but she and him, and everything was beginning to fade into the background. Greystep sighed, sinking into a state of almost undeniable relaxation and comfort. I can't believe she didn't do this before...he thought with a sigh, the tip of his tail twitching. This was enough to relax any cat, even the tom who was normally so tense and nervous. Now he was completely calm.

When she stopped, his hues-- which he hadn't even noticed were closed-- flew open in surprise and he hastened to calm himself. "Wow. Th-that was beautiful." He mewed, a little worried that he might scare this new Splotchfeather away with his awkward words. He wasn't a tom who was exactly eloquent, and he wished he could think of something thoughtful and more interesting to say other then 'that was beautiful,' but at the moment, it was the only thing coming to mind. He followed her gaze when she spoke of a butterfly, and noticed the same one. She was right; it was pretty. Extraordinarily pretty, as though it had been made out of silk and jewels. Greystep was used to seeing butterflies, but after talking to this she cat for a while, the whole world seemed to look brighter and more beautiful then before. She must be rubbing off on me. He thought with a semi-affectionate chuckle.

"I've seen bees before. I normally stay away from them though," Greystep laughed. His stammer was almost completely gone now-- only when something really moved him had it returned. He listened to Splotchfeather's words, and then his ears went back slightly. Had he given her the impression that she was bothering him now? Oops. He thought with a sigh, the tip of his tail once again twitching back and forth anxiously. "No! N-no, i-it's okay. K-ke-keep t-tal-tau-talking." He mewed, realizing too late that his stammer had returned. Probably because the emotions were too strong for him. He swallowed a little, and turned his yellow hues on Splotchfeather. It was all he could do to keep looking at her, as it was normally more difficult for him.

"Please." He added in a lower voice.
Splotchfeather perked her ears. Did she hear him correctly? Did he really wish for her to stay? This brought a warmth to her heart and she gave him a tender smile. ''You don't ever have to worry. I'm here for you.'' Then she looked around at the clan, ''I'm here for ALL of you.'' She knew her fighting skills weren't that top-notch, but she would always protect her clan with her life. She knew she had to be the sun on a gloomy day. She never wanted to see anyone sad. And, even if she couldn't amuse them with her humor, she always thought about singing to them. Usually, she would sing a lullaby to the kits to help the queens, and she even found herself singing to a few cats to help them through hardened times.
Splotchfeather even noticed that he was warming up to her. Hopefully. She did not know if she was being too much as an annoyance to him, but if she were...wouldn't he want her to go away? Wouldn't he want her to leave him alone?
Then again, he wanted her to stay. And, she heard him. He said please. Please.
She had to shake the feeling of wanting away, especially if she wanted to keep him as a friend. Was he a friend? She regarded him as a friend, even if they met moments ago...she couldn't help, but feel oddly close to him, as if he were someone to trust with her life.
She pinned her ears to her head, and said. ''I don't mind singing for you if you need the...sunshine.'' She narrowed her eyes. That wasn't a good word to use, but she said it anyway. ''Or, even if you need hope...or have trouble sleeping.'' She said.
''My mother said that it was a gift. She had it. I had it.'' She then crunched up her nose, saying, ''Oddly, my brothers sucked at singing.'' She giggled to herself, amused. ''But, I'm hoping to pass it on, for my mother. I want to continue on her legacy.'' She slowly brought her eyes down to her paws, feeling a wash of shyness coming onto her suddenly.
Why was she so calm all of a sudden? She was bubbly, peppy, excited, but now...she was calm. She was collected. She was settled.
Splotchfeather was sitting down. Sitting down! What type of nonsense was going through her head? She wasn't that way...only when she was singing that was. She always stayed calm when she was singing...unless she was in a happy mood.
Right now, she was in a pleasant mood, staring at a pretty butterfly that flew a few ways from them. ''Bees are definitely bullies.'' She gave a soft chuckle. ''Stay away from them if you want to live.'' She narrowed her eyes playfully, and laid down on her stomach, so that her fur wrapped around her. Her tail slightly swished behind her, and she delicately wrapped her paws around her. She yawned. ''It's funny, really...''She trailed off, thinking. ''That I'm tired.'' Maybe that's why I'm not being my energetic self as usual. She thought with a slight roll of her eyes. ''You know, Greystep,'' she lays her head on her paws, looking up at the older tom. ''I enjoy your company a lot.'' She fluttered her eyelids, contemplating her next thoughts. ''I'm sorry that I bothered you in the first place,'' she looks down at the ground below them. It was warm to her, almost as soft as her nest. She was almost kit-like; innocent with her bright yellow eyes. She didn't want to sleep yet, thinking she was wasting the day, but she felt something deep within her stirred. She felt a feeling of longing. Not pain. Not love. But, something was their. Admiration...maybe?
Old March 3rd, 2017, 10:48 PM
✴rewrite the stars✴

Quote:
Splotchfeather perked her ears. Did she hear him correctly? Did he really wish for her to stay? This brought a warmth to her heart and she gave him a tender smile. ''You don't ever have to worry. I'm here for you.'' Then she looked around at the clan, ''I'm here for ALL of you.'' She knew her fighting skills weren't that top-notch, but she would always protect her clan with her life. She knew she had to be the sun on a gloomy day. She never wanted to see anyone sad. And, even if she couldn't amuse them with her humor, she always thought about singing to them. Usually, she would sing a lullaby to the kits to help the queens, and she even found herself singing to a few cats to help them through hardened times.
Splotchfeather even noticed that he was warming up to her. Hopefully. She did not know if she was being too much as an annoyance to him, but if she were...wouldn't he want her to go away? Wouldn't he want her to leave him alone?
Then again, he wanted her to stay. And, she heard him. He said please. Please.
She had to shake the feeling of wanting away, especially if she wanted to keep him as a friend. Was he a friend? She regarded him as a friend, even if they met moments ago...she couldn't help, but feel oddly close to him, as if he were someone to trust with her life.
She pinned her ears to her head, and said. ''I don't mind singing for you if you need the...sunshine.'' She narrowed her eyes. That wasn't a good word to use, but she said it anyway. ''Or, even if you need hope...or have trouble sleeping.'' She said.
''My mother said that it was a gift. She had it. I had it.'' She then crunched up her nose, saying, ''Oddly, my brothers sucked at singing.'' She giggled to herself, amused. ''But, I'm hoping to pass it on, for my mother. I want to continue on her legacy.'' She slowly brought her eyes down to her paws, feeling a wash of shyness coming onto her suddenly.
Why was she so calm all of a sudden? She was bubbly, peppy, excited, but now...she was calm. She was collected. She was settled.
Splotchfeather was sitting down. Sitting down! What type of nonsense was going through her head? She wasn't that way...only when she was singing that was. She always stayed calm when she was singing...unless she was in a happy mood.
Right now, she was in a pleasant mood, staring at a pretty butterfly that flew a few ways from them. ''Bees are definitely bullies.'' She gave a soft chuckle. ''Stay away from them if you want to live.'' She narrowed her eyes playfully, and laid down on her stomach, so that her fur wrapped around her. Her tail slightly swished behind her, and she delicately wrapped her paws around her. She yawned. ''It's funny, really...''She trailed off, thinking. ''That I'm tired.'' Maybe that's why I'm not being my energetic self as usual. She thought with a slight roll of her eyes. ''You know, Greystep,'' she lays her head on her paws, looking up at the older tom. ''I enjoy your company a lot.'' She fluttered her eyelids, contemplating her next thoughts. ''I'm sorry that I bothered you in the first place,'' she looks down at the ground below them. It was warm to her, almost as soft as her nest. She was almost kit-like; innocent with her bright yellow eyes. She didn't want to sleep yet, thinking she was wasting the day, but she felt something deep within her stirred. She felt a feeling of longing. Not pain. Not love. But, something was their. Admiration...maybe?
The fluffy grey tom smiled as the she cat looked surprise at his request. It was interesting, considering they were so different...if he didn't know any better, and perhaps if he were a little younger, things would be different. But the age difference, plus the presence of Owlwing kept Greystep from thinking like that. After all, he had just met the she cat as well-- it would have taken him muck longer. "The Clan could use more cats like you. Loyal, but not so much so that you're unwilling to accept new cats. Friendly. Hyper. Upbeat. And always there." He mewed. That was how he viewed the she cat, although he wasn't sure quite what she would think of that. He imagined she would think he was strange, talking like that...especially since they had just met. Had he really formed an opinion on her so soon? And how long had it been, anyways? The sun had reached it's highest point and was beginning to fall now, and was about halfway down the sky. Greystep knew from experience that after they talked for a little longer it would soon be down over the edge of the trees, setting the sky on fire and then putting it out, as he had always thought as a kit. Nowadays he imagined it differently, but it was still a somewhat nice thought. Well-- in a manner of speaking. It was a little creepy to think that the sky could actually catch fire, although he knew better by now. He knew that just wasn't so.

How could it be? If the sky really caught fire, wouldn't the trees that it touched be instantly burned? And wouldn't the Clans be non-existent, wiped out in the constant fires that were happening every day? It would be a life of fear and tenseness for anyone who were to survive that awful thing, and Greystep shuddered at the mere thought of it once more. The tip of his tail twitched slightly in acknowledgement at her next words, his ears perking up slightly. It was hard to tell, since they were constantly erect and because the tufts on them appeared as though he was always paying attention, but it was easy to tell when he really was. His hues would get a certain look in them, as though he were seeing a cat for the first time-- not one of fear, exactly, but of interest. As though he were studying them. Examining them and seeing what they were like. It was different, and unique in it's own way. He licked his maw, shifting his weight slightly as though uncomfortable, though he liked the words she was speaking. They sounded sincere. And nice. Both things that the tom rarely got to experience, since he was generally disliked by other cats or ignored. Disliked or ignored. Neither one was a very nice experience, and Greystep strongly hated each one of them in turn. How could he not? They were horrible things to feel towards someone.

And although Splotchfeather had at first annoyed him, he hadn't truly disliked her. He hadn't been a fan of her, as he preferred to think, but now he was definitely considering her as a friend; and he was definitely a fan of her singing. She had a pretty voice. A pretty voice that Greystep enjoyed...he could have listened to her singing all day. It made him feel almost as though he was younger, which although he wasn't getting any younger, he liked to think that her voice was taking him back in time. Back...back to the days when he had been a young warrior. And even an apprentice. Both were the softer, more gentle days when he had felt safe and secure. Safety-- that was what Greystep's life was lacking in so many areas. Security. Comfort. And yes, even just plain safety...safety that he wasn't going to be attacked at some point in his life by a clanmate. He'd heard stories about clanmates turning on each other, and he wondered if Splotchfeather was one of the cats who would think of doing something like that. What a horrible thought, he thought as he shuddered, only then realizing he had never responded to her comment. "That would be lovely. You really do have a gift, and I think it's wonderful that you're willing to share it with me." Greystep mewed with a small smile. Gone was the insecure, stammering cat from earlier.

Although Greystep, like everyone else, still had his insecurities-- obviously-- he felt comfortable around Splotchfeather. He felt safe. Whatever that word meant. "Oh yes. Bees and wasps. Ever seen a wasp?" He asked, cocking his head to one side as he glanced at the multi-colored she cat. Her name definitely suited her, in his opinion. She did look like someone had just thrown splotches of color all over her, though in a pretty, interesting way...not a way that made the colors all run together. He listened to the she cat speaking, his ears pricked forwards in an interested manner. Not worried. Not angry. Just...interested, as though he could listen to her speak forever. And perhaps, right then, in that moment...he could have. "I enjoy your company a lot as well. And...and I'm not sorry you bothered me, because then we wouldn't be here, enjoying each other's company. Sometimes things that seem bad work out for the best in the end," The tom told her, half falling, half laying over onto his side. It was a comfortable position. And although he still hadn't left this spot, he felt almost as though he had been all over the place. Like talking with the she cat had physically drained him, like all his energy was gone.

In other words, he was exhausted.

Old March 4th, 2017, 01:36 AM
😈MAGICALLY MALICIOUS😋

Quote:
The fluffy grey tom smiled as the she cat looked surprise at his request. It was interesting, considering they were so different...if he didn't know any better, and perhaps if he were a little younger, things would be different. But the age difference, plus the presence of Owlwing kept Greystep from thinking like that. After all, he had just met the she cat as well-- it would have taken him muck longer. "The Clan could use more cats like you. Loyal, but not so much so that you're unwilling to accept new cats. Friendly. Hyper. Upbeat. And always there." He mewed. That was how he viewed the she cat, although he wasn't sure quite what she would think of that. He imagined she would think he was strange, talking like that...especially since they had just met. Had he really formed an opinion on her so soon? And how long had it been, anyways? The sun had reached it's highest point and was beginning to fall now, and was about halfway down the sky. Greystep knew from experience that after they talked for a little longer it would soon be down over the edge of the trees, setting the sky on fire and then putting it out, as he had always thought as a kit. Nowadays he imagined it differently, but it was still a somewhat nice thought. Well-- in a manner of speaking. It was a little creepy to think that the sky could actually catch fire, although he knew better by now. He knew that just wasn't so.

How could it be? If the sky really caught fire, wouldn't the trees that it touched be instantly burned? And wouldn't the Clans be non-existent, wiped out in the constant fires that were happening every day? It would be a life of fear and tenseness for anyone who were to survive that awful thing, and Greystep shuddered at the mere thought of it once more. The tip of his tail twitched slightly in acknowledgement at her next words, his ears perking up slightly. It was hard to tell, since they were constantly erect and because the tufts on them appeared as though he was always paying attention, but it was easy to tell when he really was. His hues would get a certain look in them, as though he were seeing a cat for the first time-- not one of fear, exactly, but of interest. As though he were studying them. Examining them and seeing what they were like. It was different, and unique in it's own way. He licked his maw, shifting his weight slightly as though uncomfortable, though he liked the words she was speaking. They sounded sincere. And nice. Both things that the tom rarely got to experience, since he was generally disliked by other cats or ignored. Disliked or ignored. Neither one was a very nice experience, and Greystep strongly hated each one of them in turn. How could he not? They were horrible things to feel towards someone.

And although Splotchfeather had at first annoyed him, he hadn't truly disliked her. He hadn't been a fan of her, as he preferred to think, but now he was definitely considering her as a friend; and he was definitely a fan of her singing. She had a pretty voice. A pretty voice that Greystep enjoyed...he could have listened to her singing all day. It made him feel almost as though he was younger, which although he wasn't getting any younger, he liked to think that her voice was taking him back in time. Back...back to the days when he had been a young warrior. And even an apprentice. Both were the softer, more gentle days when he had felt safe and secure. Safety-- that was what Greystep's life was lacking in so many areas. Security. Comfort. And yes, even just plain safety...safety that he wasn't going to be attacked at some point in his life by a clanmate. He'd heard stories about clanmates turning on each other, and he wondered if Splotchfeather was one of the cats who would think of doing something like that. What a horrible thought, he thought as he shuddered, only then realizing he had never responded to her comment. "That would be lovely. You really do have a gift, and I think it's wonderful that you're willing to share it with me." Greystep mewed with a small smile. Gone was the insecure, stammering cat from earlier.

Although Greystep, like everyone else, still had his insecurities-- obviously-- he felt comfortable around Splotchfeather. He felt safe. Whatever that word meant. "Oh yes. Bees and wasps. Ever seen a wasp?" He asked, cocking his head to one side as he glanced at the multi-colored she cat. Her name definitely suited her, in his opinion. She did look like someone had just thrown splotches of color all over her, though in a pretty, interesting way...not a way that made the colors all run together. He listened to the she cat speaking, his ears pricked forwards in an interested manner. Not worried. Not angry. Just...interested, as though he could listen to her speak forever. And perhaps, right then, in that moment...he could have. "I enjoy your company a lot as well. And...and I'm not sorry you bothered me, because then we wouldn't be here, enjoying each other's company. Sometimes things that seem bad work out for the best in the end," The tom told her, half falling, half laying over onto his side. It was a comfortable position. And although he still hadn't left this spot, he felt almost as though he had been all over the place. Like talking with the she cat had physically drained him, like all his energy was gone.

In other words, he was exhausted.
''You're not stammering?'' Splotchfeather lifted her head slightly, her eyes gleaming. A smile graced her features. She found herself quite amused with the older warrior's antics. He was indeed an interesting case to say the least, and she was glad to have gotten to know him.
She then laughed as he said those things about her, but she knew inside that it made her happy to feel appreciated. ''I don't know about that though. I might come off as annoying to others, you know. I'm that irritable trait.'' She joked, lightly.
Silently, she begin licking at her fur, and turned over, so that she laid on her side.Her head dropped, and her ears went downward a bit at peace. She started a small hum of a song before she heard Greystep say something. She answered, ''I have seen a wasp nest before,'' she giggled. ''Ran right into one! Literally!'' She exclaimed. ''It was surprising though...luckily it was abandoned too, but it's always that one insect that's how there to ruin some cat's life.'' She shook her head. ''I seen all of them though. When I was a kit, my mother used to travel moons and suns to different places. We went to this place with sand!'' She sat up, excitedly. ''Nothing, but sand, I tell you! And, it was absolutely stunning! A place that pretty shouldn't be left alone.'' She sighed longingly. ''I miss the many mini adventures that momma used to take us on. She used to sing us this song...how did it go again? I forgot some of the lyrics, but it went a little like this,'' The patched feline braced herself, and cleared her throat. ''...In the jungle, the mighty jungle, the lion sleeps tonight...'' She sang, quietly, so no one could hear her. Only the grey warrior in front of her. ''...In the jungle, the mighty jungle, the lion sleeps tonight... oh-oh-oh-oh...'' She honestly forgot the rest of the lyrics, but she knew those were the key words her mother sang whenever she tried to get the three of them to sleep. ''We were restless...well, I was, as you could tell.'' She giggled, and continued, ''My brothers were more controllable than I was. She said I get my nature from my daddy.'' She never knew anything about her real father, and it never bothered her anyway.
Why should it? She didn't see him, smell him, or hear his voice ever since she was conceived in this world. On top of that, her mother hardly ever mentioned him. There was some part of her that wanted to meet him, but she buried that long ago because she knew she was wasting her time on waiting for some cat who didn't want to meet her in the first place.
She laid her head down once again, knowing she was at peace. She glanced over at her hopefully new friend and wished the best for him. She figured he was hiding some pain deep within, and she knew he was probably ready to retire to the elder's den. It's so sad...who's going to carry on that skittish behavior of his? She thought, and inwardly laughed. Not the way she would put it, but she knew that if he left this world, there would be no piece of him to hold on to.
Splotchfeather never wondered why this tom was so special. Then again, every cat that crossed her path was deemed special in her eyes. She made it her prime mission to love and smother that cat, not literally, but to the point where they are annoyed, and at the same time know that they are loved.
Everyone wants to be loved,right? Feel love. It was something she desperately wanted, but she knew that it could wait. It would wait. In the mean time, she didn't mind loving on other cats. Whether they loved her or not, would be on them. Everything was always one-sided with her, and that was okay. It's better to love than to be loved, she thought. She considered herself lucky, despite losing her family, but she swore to love on every cat that needed it, whether they loved her back in return, never mattered. She was happy knowing that some cat felt special enough to be loved.
Old March 4th, 2017, 02:19 AM
✴rewrite the stars✴

Quote:
''You're not stammering?'' Splotchfeather lifted her head slightly, her eyes gleaming. A smile graced her features. She found herself quite amused with the older warrior's antics. He was indeed an interesting case to say the least, and she was glad to have gotten to know him.
She then laughed as he said those things about her, but she knew inside that it made her happy to feel appreciated. ''I don't know about that though. I might come off as annoying to others, you know. I'm that irritable trait.'' She joked, lightly.
Silently, she begin licking at her fur, and turned over, so that she laid on her side.Her head dropped, and her ears went downward a bit at peace. She started a small hum of a song before she heard Greystep say something. She answered, ''I have seen a wasp nest before,'' she giggled. ''Ran right into one! Literally!'' She exclaimed. ''It was surprising though...luckily it was abandoned too, but it's always that one insect that's how there to ruin some cat's life.'' She shook her head. ''I seen all of them though. When I was a kit, my mother used to travel moons and suns to different places. We went to this place with sand!'' She sat up, excitedly. ''Nothing, but sand, I tell you! And, it was absolutely stunning! A place that pretty shouldn't be left alone.'' She sighed longingly. ''I miss the many mini adventures that momma used to take us on. She used to sing us this song...how did it go again? I forgot some of the lyrics, but it went a little like this,'' The patched feline braced herself, and cleared her throat. ''...In the jungle, the mighty jungle, the lion sleeps tonight...'' She sang, quietly, so no one could hear her. Only the grey warrior in front of her. ''...In the jungle, the mighty jungle, the lion sleeps tonight... oh-oh-oh-oh...'' She honestly forgot the rest of the lyrics, but she knew those were the key words her mother sang whenever she tried to get the three of them to sleep. ''We were restless...well, I was, as you could tell.'' She giggled, and continued, ''My brothers were more controllable than I was. She said I get my nature from my daddy.'' She never knew anything about her real father, and it never bothered her anyway.
Why should it? She didn't see him, smell him, or hear his voice ever since she was conceived in this world. On top of that, her mother hardly ever mentioned him. There was some part of her that wanted to meet him, but she buried that long ago because she knew she was wasting her time on waiting for some cat who didn't want to meet her in the first place.
She laid her head down once again, knowing she was at peace. She glanced over at her hopefully new friend and wished the best for him. She figured he was hiding some pain deep within, and she knew he was probably ready to retire to the elder's den. It's so sad...who's going to carry on that skittish behavior of his? She thought, and inwardly laughed. Not the way she would put it, but she knew that if he left this world, there would be no piece of him to hold on to.
Splotchfeather never wondered why this tom was so special. Then again, every cat that crossed her path was deemed special in her eyes. She made it her prime mission to love and smother that cat, not literally, but to the point where they are annoyed, and at the same time know that they are loved.
Everyone wants to be loved,right? Feel love. It was something she desperately wanted, but she knew that it could wait. It would wait. In the mean time, she didn't mind loving on other cats. Whether they loved her or not, would be on them. Everything was always one-sided with her, and that was okay. It's better to love than to be loved, she thought. She considered herself lucky, despite losing her family, but she swore to love on every cat that needed it, whether they loved her back in return, never mattered. She was happy knowing that some cat felt special enough to be loved.
"Nope. Not anymore, thank StarClan...looks like your cheerful nature rubbed off on me after all." Greystep smiled-- or was it more of a smirk? The older warrior didn't seem like he would have the ability to truly smirk, and yet it wasn't quite a smile. It was a sort of awkward in-between state that seemed to make him uncomfortable even while he was attempting it. Perhaps that was just him, though. "Hm. Maybe, but once they get to know you, they'll see better of it. Take it from someone who was just there." He mewed with a slight shrug, and a half-smile in the she cat's direction. It was quite interesting, talking with this cheerful young she cat. Hearing her outlook on the world. She had such an upbeat view of everything, and reminded him of someone who could never be beaten down. And he wasn't quite sure why. He had seen her sad, just a moment ago, and yet she still appeared so happy, as though life flowed through her every second of every day. As though life never would stop flowing through her. And Greystep loved it; he was beginning to think of this young she cat as a daughter to him, and, had she still been a kit-- he might have wanted to mentor her. Her cheerful innocence was like a cool dose of water on a warm day, or a bright ray of sunshine breaking through the clouds.

Whatever it was, Greystep was becoming more fond of it by the minute, and he was wondering what she thought of him in turn. "You've got to look out for those wasps. They're tricky little bugs, flying right in your way when you least expect it..." He shuddered, as Splotchfeather's story had reminded him of a rather unpleasant experience of his own. He could remember 'running into' a wasp when he was younger-- if running into were the right words for it. He sincerely doubted it, as his ears tilted backwards in frustration and regret, wishing Owlwing was here with him to listen to this young she cat. It was almost impossible for him to hold onto his regrets and worries, though...because she was certainly one of the most special young she cats Greystep had ever had the pleasure of meeting. How? And why? A shudder pricked at his spine, making him feel uncomfortable as it seemed as though it were pressing each vertebrae down individually, crushing them in it's uncomfortable grip before lifting up and switching to the next one. After a moment the pricking sensation stopped, and Greystep shook his head as though coming out of water. He had missed half of what the she cat had said, but whatever it was, it seemed to have inspired another song from the multi-colored younger feline.

"That's a nice song, sunshine." He mewed. He realized a moment later that he had called her 'sunshine' and felt embarrassment creeping up under his pelt, and he lowered his head in a nervous manner. "Sorry. I was just thinking of a song my Mom used to sing to me...you know it, maybe?" He asked, cocking his head to the side as he watched the she cat in a curious manner. You are my sunshine...my only sunshine...you make me happy...when clouds are grey....the song certainly seemed to fit Splotchfeather. She was like sunshine, beaming down upon Greystep, and he was glad to have met her. Although she had startled, frightened, and bothered the tom all at once when he had first met her, now she was one of the sweetest young she cats he could imagine. And he was so, so glad that he hadn't pushed her away because she had annoyed him at first. Though Greystep was not a tom who was easily annoyed, this young she cat had succeeded in doing something that he knew most cats would probably do anything for-- annoy him. He wasn't sure why they wanted to badly to bother him, to get in his head or under his fur, but that in itself was beginning to make him nervous, and he wondered if his stammer was going to return along with the anxiety that he was currently feeling.

After a moment he yawned and sat up, pale pink tongue looking strange against all his stone colored fur. "I was thinking I might go ahead and go for a walk or something. Care to join me, or would you rather stay and sing here like a little songbird?" He asked. Songbird might have been a nice name for her. Sunshine would have been a nice name for her too. Both seemed to fit her so well, although Greystep had nothing against her current name. It was certainly more unique and interesting then his own, which, although he enjoyed, was certainly less then ideal. Although it didn't seem like he would, Greystep longed for a name that was exotic and exciting...not something that would exactly draw cats to him, but that would make him sound more fearsome so that others would be scared to approach him. Then again, fear led to interest-- as Greystep knew all too well. He glanced at the she cat, waiting for her response, a small smile on his maw as though to say well? You wanted me to move earlier, and I'm moving...but if you want to come, you're welcome to. I won't push you away. Although that was a lot to fit in a look, the tom had often had to rely on gestures to convey his message, being the scaredy cat of a tom that he was.

He just hoped he would be able to be brave if-- or when-- then time came.

Old March 4th, 2017, 02:59 AM
😈MAGICALLY MALICIOUS😋

Quote:
"Nope. Not anymore, thank StarClan...looks like your cheerful nature rubbed off on me after all." Greystep smiled-- or was it more of a smirk? The older warrior didn't seem like he would have the ability to truly smirk, and yet it wasn't quite a smile. It was a sort of awkward in-between state that seemed to make him uncomfortable even while he was attempting it. Perhaps that was just him, though. "Hm. Maybe, but once they get to know you, they'll see better of it. Take it from someone who was just there." He mewed with a slight shrug, and a half-smile in the she cat's direction. It was quite interesting, talking with this cheerful young she cat. Hearing her outlook on the world. She had such an upbeat view of everything, and reminded him of someone who could never be beaten down. And he wasn't quite sure why. He had seen her sad, just a moment ago, and yet she still appeared so happy, as though life flowed through her every second of every day. As though life never would stop flowing through her. And Greystep loved it; he was beginning to think of this young she cat as a daughter to him, and, had she still been a kit-- he might have wanted to mentor her. Her cheerful innocence was like a cool dose of water on a warm day, or a bright ray of sunshine breaking through the clouds.

Whatever it was, Greystep was becoming more fond of it by the minute, and he was wondering what she thought of him in turn. "You've got to look out for those wasps. They're tricky little bugs, flying right in your way when you least expect it..." He shuddered, as Splotchfeather's story had reminded him of a rather unpleasant experience of his own. He could remember 'running into' a wasp when he was younger-- if running into were the right words for it. He sincerely doubted it, as his ears tilted backwards in frustration and regret, wishing Owlwing was here with him to listen to this young she cat. It was almost impossible for him to hold onto his regrets and worries, though...because she was certainly one of the most special young she cats Greystep had ever had the pleasure of meeting. How? And why? A shudder pricked at his spine, making him feel uncomfortable as it seemed as though it were pressing each vertebrae down individually, crushing them in it's uncomfortable grip before lifting up and switching to the next one. After a moment the pricking sensation stopped, and Greystep shook his head as though coming out of water. He had missed half of what the she cat had said, but whatever it was, it seemed to have inspired another song from the multi-colored younger feline.

"That's a nice song, sunshine." He mewed. He realized a moment later that he had called her 'sunshine' and felt embarrassment creeping up under his pelt, and he lowered his head in a nervous manner. "Sorry. I was just thinking of a song my Mom used to sing to me...you know it, maybe?" He asked, cocking his head to the side as he watched the she cat in a curious manner. You are my sunshine...my only sunshine...you make me happy...when clouds are grey....the song certainly seemed to fit Splotchfeather. She was like sunshine, beaming down upon Greystep, and he was glad to have met her. Although she had startled, frightened, and bothered the tom all at once when he had first met her, now she was one of the sweetest young she cats he could imagine. And he was so, so glad that he hadn't pushed her away because she had annoyed him at first. Though Greystep was not a tom who was easily annoyed, this young she cat had succeeded in doing something that he knew most cats would probably do anything for-- annoy him. He wasn't sure why they wanted to badly to bother him, to get in his head or under his fur, but that in itself was beginning to make him nervous, and he wondered if his stammer was going to return along with the anxiety that he was currently feeling.

After a moment he yawned and sat up, pale pink tongue looking strange against all his stone colored fur. "I was thinking I might go ahead and go for a walk or something. Care to join me, or would you rather stay and sing here like a little songbird?" He asked. Songbird might have been a nice name for her. Sunshine would have been a nice name for her too. Both seemed to fit her so well, although Greystep had nothing against her current name. It was certainly more unique and interesting then his own, which, although he enjoyed, was certainly less then ideal. Although it didn't seem like he would, Greystep longed for a name that was exotic and exciting...not something that would exactly draw cats to him, but that would make him sound more fearsome so that others would be scared to approach him. Then again, fear led to interest-- as Greystep knew all too well. He glanced at the she cat, waiting for her response, a small smile on his maw as though to say well? You wanted me to move earlier, and I'm moving...but if you want to come, you're welcome to. I won't push you away. Although that was a lot to fit in a look, the tom had often had to rely on gestures to convey his message, being the scaredy cat of a tom that he was.

He just hoped he would be able to be brave if-- or when-- then time came.
Splotchfeather smiled.
She stood up and shook the debris that clung to her fur. She was certainly surprised to hear him call her a nickname. Her eyes widened for a quick second. Sunshine? She begin looking warily down at her paws, feeling a rush of sadness overcoming her. Her mother gave her the nickname Sunny.
Not to say that it was completely sad that she was remembering that memory, but it made her feel more at home than it should had. When she looked up at the older warrior, she felt a sense of happiness enter her heart. Sunshine. She repeated, and giggled. ''I know a lot of songs,'' She says proudly. And, begin hopping around him in a happy manner, now that he was up...he was comfortable around her! He even called her a nickname!
She felt like she could fly. Her heart soaring. She felt closer to her mother, as a young kit again. She carried an innocent appearance, and her tail swished.
''I would love to go on a walk with you!'' She exclaimed. ''I'm glad to finally get you up and moving.'' She giggled once more.
''Where are we going? Where are you taking me? Is it somewhere fun? Is it somewhere mysterious?'' She hopped around, excited. One minute she was calm and collected, and the next minute she was hyped. She felt like a kit when a mother gives it permission to exit it out the den for the first time. Perhaps, her kithood never lasted very long. She was young when her mother died, and she had to constantly fend for her brother, who eventually grew weak and died. Just like their mother, she sang to him every night until he slept. She even remembered the last song she sang to him, ''Just close your eyes, the sun is going down...You'll be alright, no one can hurt you now...Come morning light, you and I'll be safe and sound...'' Only he wasn't. That day she woke up, his spirit left his body. And, she traveled alone.
Splotchfeather did not want to tell him that part of her past. It's gone like the rest. Bury it and leave it alone.
She figured that a walk would do her some justice. She needed to run with these lightweight paws of her. She needed to feel the fur on her pelt with the wind. She wanted to chase birds, insects, whatever came her way! And,she importantly wanted him to be there. To experience that type of joy and know why she loves doing it.
It wasn't anything special really, but it was apart of her. ''I wanna go on a walk!'' She ran a few ways from him, excited. She ushered him to hurry, ''Come on! I wanna go on a walk! I wanna go on a walk!''