Go Back   Warrior Cats Online > Main Warriors Roleplay > Outskirts

Notice
Please make sure to read this important policy change and reminder!
Allegiances

ThunderClan
Leader: Bumblestar
Deputy: Spiderthroat
Medicine Cat: Wolfpaw
Medicine Cat Apprentice: None

ShadowClan
Leader
Dawnstar
Deputy
: Mistlewhisker
Medicine Cat: Mossfreckle

Medicine Cat Apprentice: Grousepaw

RiverClan
Leader
: Dusklion
Deputy:
None
Medicine Cat: None

Medicine Cat Apprentice:
Berrypaw

WindClan
Leader
Twilightstar
Deputy:
Crowtooth
Medicine Cat: Lightningstorm
Medicine Cat Apprentice: Rabbitpaw

Recent Threads
springlight kit finder...
by iliri
Last post by iliri
Today 02:20 AM
"it never rains in...
Last post by alec
Today 01:50 AM
Milkbee Design Competition!
Last post by Eidolon
Today 01:36 AM
Smothered in its cradle...
by Rani
Last post by FadingWhispers
Today 01:01 AM
EYE ON THE TARGET AND,...
by nyme
Last post by nyme
Today 12:32 AM

Old January 2nd, 2023, 11:17 PM
underwhelming

Default Re: Shadow's Break

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_CatLady View Post
OwlStripe nodded, glad SagePaw was taking their advice. Despite being only a few moons older than them, he felt like a true teacher. He looked at his paws for a second as SagePaw murmured thanks to Starclan.
OwlStripe kept away from the stream as well. Despite not having any bad memories with water, he still had an irrational fear of it. Then again, it was rational. He couldn't swim, and probably couldn't fight the current in a large river.

They thought for a moment, then nodded. "Yes, for a while. The clan needs as much food as possible. But just one or two more pieces of prey, we don't want to get caught in bad weather."
OwlStripe smelt the air for any hint of prey. Unfortunately, he didn't smell any. Then again, he didn't have a great sense of smell. More good hearing and eyesight. Maybe SagePaw would smell something.
"Put it in a spot easy to remember, in a tree hollow or under some leaves." He said. "Then we can come back for it after we find something."
He highly doubted they would find anything, but it was worth a shot.
Sagepaw chose to hide the squirrel by the fallen tree roots and scatter a couple of dead, frost-burnt leaves on top of it. Hopefully, some scavenging dirtbag wouldn't try to steal it. "I hope we find a bird. It's been a while since I've had one. Wait...I'm not eating it though...rats." Sagepaw shook his head and tasted the air. He was catching up rodent smell. It was familiar. Mouse? "Think I smell some mouse," the apprentice said, turning to look at Owlstripe for confirmation. The scent he was catching was rather stale, however. The prey most likely wouldn't be there, but Sagepaw believed the scent was fresh.
Old January 3rd, 2023, 08:25 AM
<--- Medusa

My Mood: Bored

Quote:
Originally Posted by val View Post
Sagepaw chose to hide the squirrel by the fallen tree roots and scatter a couple of dead, frost-burnt leaves on top of it. Hopefully, some scavenging dirtbag wouldn't try to steal it. "I hope we find a bird. It's been a while since I've had one. Wait...I'm not eating it though...rats." Sagepaw shook his head and tasted the air. He was catching up rodent smell. It was familiar. Mouse? "Think I smell some mouse," the apprentice said, turning to look at Owlstripe for confirmation. The scent he was catching was rather stale, however. The prey most likely wouldn't be there, but Sagepaw believed the scent was fresh.

OwlStripe sat down while Sagely was hiding the prey. He looked around the damp, frosty clearing.

He perked up at SagePaw's remark about a rat, and went closer to where they were. He sniffed the air for a moment, having to pick apart the many stale scents of prey that was long-gone. He finally smelt a faint scent of a rat. "Yes, I do too. Don't get your hopes up, it is probably gone." He said to the apprentice quietly.
OwlStripe thought they were somewhere near the tree. Maybe scavenging for nuts a bit away. "Look around near here. It is probably looking for food, so it would be next to a bigger tree." He said to SagePaw.
"Drag your paws."

My Charaters!
Medusa-Rogue
PetalLeap-Thunderclan
OwlStripe-Shadowclan
ScaleTuft-Riverclan (WIP)

Last edited by The_CatLady; January 3rd, 2023 at 08:25 AM.
Old January 3rd, 2023, 02:23 PM
underwhelming

Quote:
OwlStripe sat down while Sagely was hiding the prey. He looked around the damp, frosty clearing.

He perked up at SagePaw's remark about a rat, and went closer to where they were. He sniffed the air for a moment, having to pick apart the many stale scents of prey that was long-gone. He finally smelt a faint scent of a rat. "Yes, I do too. Don't get your hopes up, it is probably gone." He said to the apprentice quietly.
OwlStripe thought they were somewhere near the tree. Maybe scavenging for nuts a bit away. "Look around near here. It is probably looking for food, so it would be next to a bigger tree." He said to SagePaw.
"Drag your paws."
"Drag my paws?" Sagepaw asked as he looked around the edge of the clearing, trying to scout out a tree that looked big and produced nuts. Or maybe pinecones? He felt disappointed that the mouse was gone. The apprentice supposed he should tune up his sense of smell sometime, but at least now he knew how stale trails smelled.
Old January 3rd, 2023, 03:29 PM
<--- Medusa

Quote:
"Drag my paws?" Sagepaw asked as he looked around the edge of the clearing, trying to scout out a tree that looked big and produced nuts. Or maybe pinecones? He felt disappointed that the mouse was gone. The apprentice supposed he should tune up his sense of smell sometime, but at least now he knew how stale trails smelled.
OwlStripe nodded. "Yes. Mice can feel vibrations, so you need to drag your paws so you don't make any sounds when you stalk them." He said, crouching down and demonstrating for a second or two.

After a while, he called out to SagePaw. "I think it's long gone. Let's just grab the squirrel you got and to back to camp."
He stood up from his crouch and looked around for the apprentice.

My Charaters!
Medusa-Rogue
PetalLeap-Thunderclan
OwlStripe-Shadowclan
Old January 3rd, 2023, 04:55 PM
underwhelming

Quote:
OwlStripe nodded. "Yes. Mice can feel vibrations, so you need to drag your paws so you don't make any sounds when you stalk them." He said, crouching down and demonstrating for a second or two.

After a while, he called out to SagePaw. "I think it's long gone. Let's just grab the squirrel you got and to back to camp."
He stood up from his crouch and looked around for the apprentice.
Oh. Well, mice were quite pesky for feeling vibrations. How could a cat catch one if they couldn't properly walk? That was annoying. Sagepw took in the advice, though. Mice still tasted good, and he'd want to catch one sometime. So the clan can enjoy it. Absently, the apprentice hoped some other cat had caught some mouse. Great Starclan, why was he craving mice so much? He shook his head to clear his thoughts. "Alright!" he called back, hurriedly picking his way around the plants to uncover the squirrel. "One squirrel closer to being like you!" he joked, though muffled, around the prey's fluffy tail. Sagepaw absently wondered if Owlstripe would get an apprentice sometime soon. Sure, he was young, but the warrior had some serious skill.
Old January 4th, 2023, 07:37 AM
Vanity of Vanities

Well that seemed like all the tom would be able to do for now, though he had no problem coming back for more if need be. "Alright then, let's start heading back," mumbled Shadefrost mostly to himself.
@Aethon

“Maybe I Should Just Kill All The Higher-Ups.” - Satoru Gojo

My Cats:
Shadefrost
SilverLightning

Sigpic Art by Rose Pfp from Demon Slayer
Old January 4th, 2023, 03:25 PM
<--- Medusa

Quote:
Oh. Well, mice were quite pesky for feeling vibrations. How could a cat catch one if they couldn't properly walk? That was annoying. Sagepw took in the advice, though. Mice still tasted good, and he'd want to catch one sometime. So the clan can enjoy it. Absently, the apprentice hoped some other cat had caught some mouse. Great Starclan, why was he craving mice so much? He shook his head to clear his thoughts. "Alright!" he called back, hurriedly picking his way around the plants to uncover the squirrel. "One squirrel closer to being like you!" he joked, though muffled, around the prey's fluffy tail. Sagepaw absently wondered if Owlstripe would get an apprentice sometime soon. Sure, he was young, but the warrior had some serious skill.
He padded over to the tree where they had hidden the squirrel SagePaw caught.

OwlStripe smiled for a moment at SagePaw's comment. Perhaps he should get an apprentice.. It was fun to teach. He flicked his tail towards camp, and said "We should go back... It will get muggy soon."
He left for home without waiting for a response.

My Charaters!
Medusa-Rogue
PetalLeap-Thunderclan
OwlStripe-Shadowclan
Old January 7th, 2023, 09:08 PM
Matching with @/Mica

Bump Policy: After three days! I WILL FORGET
My Mood: Yeehaw

@Oceanflower
---
Oliveglow had no choice but to continue his patrol alone. It seemed that Fallenflower had lost interest in hunting, and he wasn't going to just abandon his role too. So, here he was stalking after a particularly large mouse. Quick as a flash, he shot out and caught it. Unless there was any more prey for the warrior to pounce on, it was time to head back.
Old January 11th, 2023, 01:10 PM
live, laugh, love ♛

Bump Policy: 48 Hours
My Mood: Lazy

Larkpaw

Shadow's Break. It wasn't exactly a place of frequent visits for Larkpaw. But today was different. Why? Because lazing around in camp and doing nothing didn't particularly meet Larkpaw's needs. She needed exercise, something to do. And since the apprentice's den had been fixed, now Lark sought jobs outside of camp. She had watched with rapt attention as a she-cat named Morningbird emptied the fresh-kill pile of rotted prey yesterday, and it had made the apprentice Enforcer somewhat more determined than before.

There were so few cats who genuinely cared about the well-being of ShadowClan. Some were worsened to the extent that they were content to lazing around doing nothing unless someone assigned them a job. But Lark wouldn't let her name be cast alongside those bags of bones. Sitting and watching cats made her aware of which clan members at least tried. There was Frostscreech, despite being constantly irritating, he cared. Nightshiver, a former queen barely out of the medicine den. Vixensnarl, who took up patrol duty to fill in the vacant role of deputy. Cougarivy, despite how giggly and nerve-grating, and Elmshadow alongside Ivysnake, who toiled day and night to keep the Clan healthy. There was Sorrelflare, and he was a good mentor to her, but Larkpaw wasn't aware of anything else regarding him. Shadowfur worked his part as well, even taking out extra patrols now and then. And lastly, now Morningbird. Despite being a heavily pregnant queen, Morningbird had gotten up to finish a task that wasn't hers.

Serrated claws dug through the thin layer of ice and into the moist soil underpaw as Lark reverted back to reality, slitted amber eyes taking in the scenery. Ah, she'd arrived. Still as a statue stood the grey damsel, head cocked to the side as she listened to the sound of prey. A smirk played on her lips at the hidden thoughts flitting around her ever-working mind. Lighter grey ears flicked as the scuttling of quiet claws sounded, and the lithe she-cat slid into a graceful hunting crouch, tail gliding soundlessly against the frost-covered ground. Taking care not to damage any important-looking plants, as Larkpaw knew this was where Elmshadow collected herbs, a sudden spring had the apprentice enforcer bounding over a rotting log and landing squarely on.. two mice? Oh dear, she hadn't expected the second one, so when she'd killed the first and the second tried racing off, it took a very ungraceful lunge for Larkpaw to be able to stretch enough to kill the other rodent.

For a moment Larkpaw let herself sprawl there on her stomach, before she moved the two dead pieces of fresh-kill to the side and rolled onto her back to look up at the dull sky. Though once the grey-brown female had figured it was time to head back to camp, she rose back to her paws, picked up the two mice, and then trekked silently back to ShadowClan's main domain.

So paint me the villain, make me a martyr.
Old January 16th, 2023, 02:33 PM
Raven

Bump Policy: 3 days | 2 days Time Sensitive
My Mood: Pensive

**Elmshadow**

The dark medicine cat padded out of his den and moved straight for the tunnel that led out of camp. His mission was for his mate but the last cat he wanted to see in that moment was her. She'd been imposing herself with increasing vigor as her belly grew rounder, harder to hide. He had no reason to try to hide it, he was well aware of Dawnstar's lack of connection with Starclan and thus the laxity with rank expectations. And Cougarivy's proximity was growing normal, sometimes even comfortable, but then there were times like this morning when he woke unsettled before the sun rose. He could never remember the dream or if he'd even dreamt at all or if it was completely random but he'd wake with the ghost of memories haunting him. On these mornings, this new normal haunted him. Normal was waking up beside Goldenstep, going to join Goldenstep with their kits, normal was feeling the kits wriggling inside Goldenstep and hoping that his son resided within her belly. Goldenstep was his normal. But it wasn't Goldenstep. He had never dreamed of what his life would be like in the future, it was a waste of time, simple conjecture, but on mornings like these he realized that if he had dreamed of his future it would have had Goldenstep in it. And, on these mornings, what haunted him most was that this feeling was now only reserved for these rare morning. It was in these moments that it all sank in how little he thought about his former mate, how normal Cougarivy was beginning to feel. He doesn't love Cougarivy, but she's comfortable, but sometimes even that doesn't work into his thoughts. He hadn't thought he was capable of loving any she-cat, until he lost Goldenstep, so he normally doesn't consider his lack of love for Cougarivy, and right now that bothered him too.

He picked up his pace once he was out in the frozen forest, not yet warmed even by the chilled touch of the leafbare sun. He moved straight for Shadow's Break, slowing only once he moved through the the partial barrier and into the clearing where the sun would break through the pine branches once it rose high in the sky. He stopped, his mind lost in its own fog, he took a few heartbeats to remember exactly what he had come looking for. Burnet. He wasn't sure Cougarivy needed it, she was the commander enforcer and she was younger, younger than himself though Elmshadow still considered himself securely in his prime as well. She'd been active through her pregnancy and hadn't had any reason for concern, and it wasn't her first litter. Everything was working in his mate's favor but he realized he'd feel better if he at least had some on paw just in case. Burnet was new knowledge so he wouldn't let it go to waste.

The medicine cat found the burnet easily, growing in a thick patch in the center of the clearing. He nipped off a few then turned to look back at where he'd entered the clearing. The sinking feeling in his gut made the thought of returning to camp already near impossible. He moved out of the clearing but instead of turning towards camp, he moved out a ways, set the burnet to the side and let his focus shift to his senses as he searched for prey. It was early still for squirrels or birds and too cold for snakes or lizards, but rodents not yet hibernating would likely be out searching for early food to add to their stores. He took a few paces out and then stopped as the erratic, hurried rustling of a mouse caught his ear. With his focus turned, the scent drifted slowly up to him on the cold air. He dropped into the familiar crouch and stalked forward. It felt like far too long since he'd practiced that particular skill but it came back to him as naturally as walking. He moved silently forward until the sounds faltered. He pounced, his broad paws diving over the root and squishing the thin brown rodent into the cold ground. He delivered a quick bite to the back of its neck and rose tall. He took in a deep breath, the warmth of the mouse filling his nostrils. Something had begun to settle within him so he returned for the burnet. Carrying his freshkill and herbs, he made his way back leisurely toward camp.

[ +3 burnet +1 mouse ]

Active Purrks
Elmshadow - The Collector
Cougarivy - Beefed Up
Sunsetpaw - Biligual, Flock Together:Tier 2
- - - - -
Character Site
- - - - -
Elmshadow
- - - - -
Shadowclan Healing