Go Back   Warrior Cats Online > Archives > Old Topics > Main Roleplay > SkyClan

Notice
Please make sure to read this important policy change and reminder!
Allegiances

ThunderClan
Leader: Bumblestar
Deputy: Spiderthroat
Medicine Cat: Wolfpaw
Medicine Cat Apprentice: None

ShadowClan
Leader
Dawnstar
Deputy
: Mistlewhisker
Medicine Cat: Mossfreckle

Medicine Cat Apprentice: Grousepaw

RiverClan
Leader
: Stormstar
Deputy:
None
Medicine Cat: Berryshine

Medicine Cat Apprentice:
None

WindClan
Leader
Twilightstar
Deputy:
Crowtooth
Medicine Cat: Lightningstorm
Medicine Cat Apprentice: Rabbitpaw

Recent Threads
Lighting Shade on Fire...
by Badwolf
Last post by Badwolf
Today 06:58 PM
RiverClan Skyridge
by BEAR.
Last post by RavensCall
Today 06:57 PM
Smothered in its cradle...
by Rani
Last post by ChaosBringer.
Today 06:56 PM
Sky Glade
Last post by Luna16
Today 06:55 PM
EYE ON THE TARGET AND,...
by nyme
Last post by Badwolf
Today 06:53 PM

Old October 3rd, 2018, 05:14 AM
boo

My Mood: Happy

Default Re: SkyClan Medicine Cat's Den

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charmer View Post
Shinefang raised the brow of his missing eye as Ringpaw rambled on like a kit about Firosomething. Sometimes, his apprentice could be so bright. Other times... He gave his head a weary shake. "Well, you were half right. Bellyache is a problem every season, but whitecough can be very dangerous in leafbare because it can turn to one of the most deadly illness a cat can get: greencough." Even the word tasted vile on Shinefang's tongue. Greencough was the illness he feared the most.

"It begins as white cough. White cough is fairly easy to spot in cats. They'll have a wet cough where you can hear that they are trying to hack up something. There's a rattling sound, you know? If it's treated, the cat can generally stay in their nest unless their coughing is disturbing their clanmates. Greencough? The cat with have a fever. They'll probably complain about being far too cold and not being able to get warm. They're nose will run, and if you listen to them breathing, it will probably be labored. They may also cough up green mucus. Cats with greencough cannot stay near their clanmates. It is extremely contagious and if not treated, fatal, especially to kits and elders." Shinefang was silent for a long moment as he looked at Ringpaw. "It's what killed my mother... I lost my eye when I went to a two leg garden as an apprentice trying to find an herb that would help her. Kittypet," he added soberly.
Ringpaw listened intently as he droned on about the symptoms. Greencough sounded awful, Ringpaw once had a cough so bad it tore up her throat. That was after she had been accepted into Skyclan.
“Does the cough hurt? I’ve heard that sometimes having even a head cold can give you a cough that feels like fire.” She asked, trying to compare what she knew to what she didn’t. Runny nose, bad breathing, feeling chilly and having a fever. She twirled her paw around in the dirt, leaving little tracks behind her claws. “I think we should just ask Grousestar to make an announcement every winter. ‘Is anyone feeling hot but cold? Runny nose? Go to the medicine den!’ It would probably make finding out easier.” She said, thinking that her response was rather creative, and a good idea too. It’d save Shinefang a lot of hassle.
Ringpaw looked up at him when he spoke of his eye. She could hear sadness in his voice, which was unusual, considering he didn’t have any snap or anger laced behind it. Just... sadness. “Oh.” She said softly, her mint eyes wide. She was dying to know more, to hear about just how it happened exactly, but it was probably a touchy subject with the scarred yellow tom. Mother dying, then losing his eye while trying to help, by a Kittypet no less, definitely not a good plot point in his life. “Is that what drove you to become a medicine cat? To give out care and herbs for those who need it most?” She pressed, trying to move on to happier subjects.

~pom~

i don’t really think i’ll be active that much anymore - check out my free art requests!

Old October 6th, 2018, 11:58 PM
Sigh...

My Mood: Hopeful

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delta View Post
@Charmer
@Spoopy Fishie

Tallmarsh strutted across the SkyClan camp, granting a sharp glare to any cat who dared look at her the wrong way. Was she being too defensive? Maybe, but she just thought of it as being 'cautious of the negative opinion of others'. The dark gray tabby made her way over to what she assumed was the medicine cat den. It was the only den that she could scent herbs in. It appeared to be a pile of rocks in front of a natural cave. She slipped through the narrow opening and into the den. From what she could see, the den was stocked with herbs. She recognized some of them, like juniper berries and poppy seeds, but there were many more that she had never seen before. She spotted nests for sick cats and further back the nests for the medicine cats of SkyClan. As she padded towards the back of the den, Tallmarsh called out, "Uh, I'm Tallmarsh, the new ThunderClan medicine cat. I'm here for lessons on how to do my job."
@Spoopy Fishie

Shinefang raised his head and squinted at the newcomer in his den, wrinkling his nose as the scent of Thunderclan assaulted his senses. The old tom had slept in this morning and his eye was still bleary from sleep. The fur on his face was mashed and matted with a bit of moss stuck in his whiskers. He wasn't sure where Ringpaw was or what she was up to, but it seemed she would be the only one getting a lesson today. With a grunt, the medicine cat tried to get to his feet only to have his joints, stiff with the morning chill, lock on him with a sharp pain that made him grit his teeth. "Then do you suppose we could start with you helping me up?" he grouched. He then raised his head and yelled out. "Ringpaw! Get the willow bark down!" By now, his apprentice was familiar with the fact that he took willow bark daily to help with the inflammation and pain in his joints. As much as his pride stung at letting a new medicine cat whom he had never met before in on that fact, he wouldn't be able to hide it for much longer with the season getting colder anyway.

Last edited by Charmer; October 6th, 2018 at 11:59 PM.
Old October 7th, 2018, 07:59 AM
boo

Quote:
@Spoopy Fishie

Shinefang raised his head and squinted at the newcomer in his den, wrinkling his nose as the scent of Thunderclan assaulted his senses. The old tom had slept in this morning and his eye was still bleary from sleep. The fur on his face was mashed and matted with a bit of moss stuck in his whiskers. He wasn't sure where Ringpaw was or what she was up to, but it seemed she would be the only one getting a lesson today. With a grunt, the medicine cat tried to get to his feet only to have his joints, stiff with the morning chill, lock on him with a sharp pain that made him grit his teeth. "Then do you suppose we could start with you helping me up?" he grouched. He then raised his head and yelled out. "Ringpaw! Get the willow bark down!" By now, his apprentice was familiar with the fact that he took willow bark daily to help with the inflammation and pain in his joints. As much as his pride stung at letting a new medicine cat whom he had never met before in on that fact, he wouldn't be able to hide it for much longer with the season getting colder anyway.
Quote:
@Charmer
@Spoopy Fishie

Tallmarsh strutted across the SkyClan camp, granting a sharp glare to any cat who dared look at her the wrong way. Was she being too defensive? Maybe, but she just thought of it as being 'cautious of the negative opinion of others'. The dark gray tabby made her way over to what she assumed was the medicine cat den. It was the only den that she could scent herbs in. It appeared to be a pile of rocks in front of a natural cave. She slipped through the narrow opening and into the den. From what she could see, the den was stocked with herbs. She recognized some of them, like juniper berries and poppy seeds, but there were many more that she had never seen before. She spotted nests for sick cats and further back the nests for the medicine cats of SkyClan. As she padded towards the back of the den, Tallmarsh called out, "Uh, I'm Tallmarsh, the new ThunderClan medicine cat. I'm here for lessons on how to do my job."

Ringpaw jolted awake as Shinefang called her name. Blinking her green eyes, the calico cleared the strange fogginess clouding her gaze. Tears sparked at the edge of her vision for some reason; this always happened when she woke up, even if she was happy.
“I got it!” She responded, scrambling out of her nest. She took note of how messy and embarrassing her pelt must look, but thinking that it was only Shinefang who would see her, she didn’t stop to clean it. Her fur was sticking up in places, with shreds of moss and lichen from her nest clinging on here and there. Her tail fur and belly fur was a bit knotted and messy, but Ringpaw didn’t mind. It was her bed-pelt. Everyone had a bed-pelt, it just so happened hers was a very bad one today. She reached up on the stores, the mottled calico sniffing here and there for the strongly scented bark. Willow bark was distinct in a way, even though it looked like regular tree-bark. His joints must be hurting again, Ringpaw noted to herself. Although, it was early for him to get up, even for Shinefang. Sometimes he woke her up, or- most likely- Ringpaw woke up but disturbed him with her racket.
Leaning on the most used herb shelf, she peered around to where she could easily reach the willow bark. Delicately, so she wouldn’t crunch the bark, she grabbed a few of the shreds before turning to dash into the main area.
“Oh!” She exclaimed, at the sight and smell of a new cat. The bark dropped from her mouth, landing with a plop at her forepaws. Thunderclan! Her mind hissed, and Ringpaw’s messy fur rose along her spine, her eyes turning to slits. Oh hush Ringpaw, if they were unfriendly Shinefang would have done something about it already. She reminded herself, and she flattened down her spine to appear more friendly. “Who are you?” She asked curiously. No hint of rudeness or anger was left in her voice, it had all melted from her previous fright into a calmer state. She crept forward to greet them, before turning to nudge the willow bark in Shinefang’s direction. “I hope I got you enough.” She said, before taking a hurried step back. “Erm, as you can see... my pelts a bit disgusting. Is it okay if I go and clean up real quick?” She asked Shinefang, her face flushing with heat as she scolded herself for not washing her pelt earlier.

~pom~

i don’t really think i’ll be active that much anymore - check out my free art requests!

Old October 7th, 2018, 01:43 PM
definitely NOT an alien

My Mood: Thirsty

Quote:
@Spoopy Fishie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spoopy Fishie View Post

Ringpaw jolted awake as Shinefang called her name. Blinking her green eyes, the calico cleared the strange fogginess clouding her gaze. Tears sparked at the edge of her vision for some reason; this always happened when she woke up, even if she was happy.
“I got it!” She responded, scrambling out of her nest. She took note of how messy and embarrassing her pelt must look, but thinking that it was only Shinefang who would see her, she didn’t stop to clean it. Her fur was sticking up in places, with shreds of moss and lichen from her nest clinging on here and there. Her tail fur and belly fur was a bit knotted and messy, but Ringpaw didn’t mind. It was her bed-pelt. Everyone had a bed-pelt, it just so happened hers was a very bad one today. She reached up on the stores, the mottled calico sniffing here and there for the strongly scented bark. Willow bark was distinct in a way, even though it looked like regular tree-bark. His joints must be hurting again, Ringpaw noted to herself. Although, it was early for him to get up, even for Shinefang. Sometimes he woke her up, or- most likely- Ringpaw woke up but disturbed him with her racket.
Leaning on the most used herb shelf, she peered around to where she could easily reach the willow bark. Delicately, so she wouldn’t crunch the bark, she grabbed a few of the shreds before turning to dash into the main area.
“Oh!” She exclaimed, at the sight and smell of a new cat. The bark dropped from her mouth, landing with a plop at her forepaws. Thunderclan! Her mind hissed, and Ringpaw’s messy fur rose along her spine, her eyes turning to slits. Oh hush Ringpaw, if they were unfriendly Shinefang would have done something about it already. She reminded herself, and she flattened down her spine to appear more friendly. “Who are you?” She asked curiously. No hint of rudeness or anger was left in her voice, it had all melted from her previous fright into a calmer state. She crept forward to greet them, before turning to nudge the willow bark in Shinefang’s direction. “I hope I got you enough.” She said, before taking a hurried step back. “Erm, as you can see... my pelts a bit disgusting. Is it okay if I go and clean up real quick?” She asked Shinefang, her face flushing with heat as she scolded herself for not washing her pelt earlier.
Being a former warrior, Tallmarsh was always up at dawn; it was a habit she was sure she’d never break—not that she’d ever want to. Seeing that the SkyClan medicine cat and his apprentice were still asleep was a bit of a surprise to her. She’d been up long enough groom her pelt, argue with an apprentice about whether or not he was actually bitten by a mouse (there wasn’t any bite that she could see), and take a nice little hunting trip before making her way to the SkyClan camp. The sharpness to Shinefang’s tone annoyed Tallmarsh. He may be a medicine cat, but I'm a medicine cat too. Despite this, she knew that he was in pain and that she should help him. With the ghost of a sigh leaving her mouth, she padded over to Shinefang and grabbed him by the scruff. She tried to be gentle as she helped him to his feet, though she wasn’t sure whether that would relieve any of his pain. She noticed Ringpaw out of the corner of her eye as she was helping Shinefang up. Once the tom was up, she stood up straight and said, “I’m Tallmarsh, the new medicine cat of ThunderClan.” She narrowed her eyes at the calico apprentice. “You must be Ringpaw.” One of the things she hated most was messiness. First thing in the morning, she always made sure to groom her fur to perfection. Seeing these two cats now with their bed-pelts irked her. She understood, though, that they’d just woken up. I guess in SkyClan they sleep in later, she thought.

Last edited by Freesia; October 13th, 2018 at 02:29 PM.
Old October 13th, 2018, 12:21 PM
5,445 posts on old site

My Mood: Fine

@Charmer @Spoopy Fishie

Fennelheart had creme fur covered in scars. She came into the Shinefang’s den, limping slightly. She glanced at Shinefang and Ringpaw,” Hope you aren’t busy, Shinefang.” She greeting knowing that Shinefang was her former mentor,” Hello Ringpaw, hope Shinefang isn’t taking his grumpiness out on you.” She teased lightly,” Anyways, I was training Aspenpaw and tore my claw on my right forearm.” She paused,” Ringpaw, how about you try treat me, you should get practice with healing.” She replied hoping Shinefang would let Ringpaw heal her.

My prefix finder website, consists of all the prefixes I could think of that are valid for wco linked here
Old October 13th, 2018, 12:24 PM
Sigh...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spoopy Fishie View Post

Quote:
Being a former warrior, Tallmarsh was always up at dawn; it was a habit she was sure she’d never break—not that she’d ever want to. Seeing that the SkyClan medicine cat and his apprentice were still asleep was a bit of a surprise to her. She’d been up long enough groom her pelt, argue with an apprentice about whether or not he was actually bitten by a mouse (there wasn’t any bite that she could see), and take a nice little hunting trip before making her way to the SkyClan camp. The sharpness to Shinefang’s tone annoyed Tallmarsh. He may be a medicine cat, but I’m a medicine cat too. Despite this, she knew that he was in pain and that she should help him. With the ghost of a sigh leaving her mouth, she padded over to Shinefang and grabbed him by the scruff. She tried to be gentle as she helped him to his feet, though she wasn’t sure whether that would relieve any of his pain. She noticed Ringpaw out of the corner of her eye as she was helping Shinefang up. Once the tom was up, she stood up straight and said, “I’m Tallmarsh, the new medicine cat of ThunderClan.” She narrowed her eyes at the calico apprentice. “You must be Ringpaw.” One of the things she hated most was messiness. First thing in the morning, she always made sure to groom her fur to perfection. Seeing these two cats now with their bed-pelts irked her. She understood, though, that they’d just woken up. I guess in SkyClan they sleep in later, she thought.
Sorry guys. Busy week.

“Fine fine,” Shinefang said to Ringpaw dismissively. He lapped up the strips of bark his apprentice had set before him, grimacing at the gritty texture. Once it was done he tried to get to his feet but his joints locked up at the effort and left him frozen in an awkward half-risen state. He was just about to sigh out loud when he felt teeth in the scruff of his neck. He was surprised to see that Tallmarsh has come closer to pull him to his feet. Too startled to protest, he let the Thunderclan cat help him up. On his feet now with much less pain than was typical, he cleared his throat and muttered a low, “Thanks,” before striding over to his herb stores with a slow but steady gate.

“So then, you’re here for training. That’s all well and good. I take it from your size, you were a warrior first.” He was sizing up the other cat now. She looked strong. He had no doubt she’d been a successful hunter and fighter. “It’s a good path. Your time as a warrior will serve you well. It’s onr thing to have a cat tell you about their pain from a wound. It’s another entirely to know what it feels like to be wounded. Let’s talk about pain management first. A cat who won’t sit still long enough for your treatment because of pain doesn’t have a great chance at recovering.” He turned to his apprentice next. “Ringpaw, how about you tell our guest about two herbs to manage pain?”

Old October 13th, 2018, 12:32 PM
Sigh...

Quote:
Originally Posted by spookapi View Post
@Charmer @Spoopy Fishie

Fennelheart had creme fur covered in scars. She came into the Shinefang’s den, limping slightly. She glanced at Shinefang and Ringpaw,” Hope you aren’t busy, Shinefang.” She greeting knowing that Shinefang was her former mentor,” Hello Ringpaw, hope Shinefang isn’t taking his grumpiness out on you.” She teased lightly,” Anyways, I was training Aspenpaw and tore my claw on my right forearm.” She paused,” Ringpaw, how about you try treat me, you should get practice with healing.” She replied hoping Shinefang would let Ringpaw heal her.
@Spoopy Fishie

Shinefang turned at the sound of a familiar voice entering his den. His whiskers twitched as he squinted at the cream-colored shecat. “Fennelheart,” he said in greeting as he moved closer. “Training an apprentice of your own eh? How many have you had now?” As he spoke he lifted the shecat’s paw and looked at the torn claw before looking to his apprentice. “She did a number alright. Have a look Ringpaw. See the blood? It’s dried now so bleeding shouldn’t be an issue. What are we most worried about when a wound’s bleeding is controlled?” Ringpaw had managed to pick up a fair amount. He was curious to see if she’d realize he was referring to infections.

Old October 14th, 2018, 01:34 PM
boo

Quote:
Sorry guys. Busy week.

“Fine fine,” Shinefang said to Ringpaw dismissively. He lapped up the strips of bark his apprentice had set before him, grimacing at the gritty texture. Once it was done he tried to get to his feet but his joints locked up at the effort and left him frozen in an awkward half-risen state. He was just about to sigh out loud when he felt teeth in the scruff of his neck. He was surprised to see that Tallmarsh has come closer to pull him to his feet. Too startled to protest, he let the Thunderclan cat help him up. On his feet now with much less pain than was typical, he cleared his throat and muttered a low, “Thanks,” before striding over to his herb stores with a slow but steady gate.

“So then, you’re here for training. That’s all well and good. I take it from your size, you were a warrior first.” He was sizing up the other cat now. She looked strong. He had no doubt she’d been a successful hunter and fighter. “It’s a good path. Your time as a warrior will serve you well. It’s onr thing to have a cat tell you about their pain from a wound. It’s another entirely to know what it feels like to be wounded. Let’s talk about pain management first. A cat who won’t sit still long enough for your treatment because of pain doesn’t have a great chance at recovering.” He turned to his apprentice next. “Ringpaw, how about you tell our guest about two herbs to manage pain?”
Ringpaw quickly ducked out of sight to groom herself. Pull her tongue, tug out a tangle, repeat. It was almost methodical, it calmed her down. Another medicine cat? Already? She had just gotten used to Caliaflame, and now she had a new feline to meet. Ringpaw wished that she had had more time to talk to the old Thunderclan medicine cat, she had seemed like an interesting molly. Ringpaw shrugged it off. She couldn’t miss something she never had. Finishing up on her pelt, she inspected her tail with spiteful eyes. The longer fur there was matted, so she rasped her bristled tongue over it briefly before standing to shake her pelt out. She felt more awake now, her consciousness snapping into place.
As she reentered, she felt her pelt burning oddly. She couldn’t believe that a second ago she had introduced herself to the new medicine cat with such messy fur. Shinefang was already so self conscious about others seeing him not at his best, what about now? Of course, the excitement of a new cat rushed back in to her. “You’re Thunderclan’s new medicine cat? That’s so cool! You were a warrior,” She said with curiosity. Ringpaw carefully observed Shinefang from the side of her eyes, making sure the willow bark was kicking in. She almost felt defensive of him, which was odd, as he could easily take her down any time. But she still couldn’t help but wonder why Tallmarsh was scrutinizing them; an elderly tom needing help standing up and a messy-furred apprentice who slept in until it was nearly sunhigh. Ringpaw didn’t like the odd way the blueish shecat was looking at her.
“Hmm? Oh!” She said in surprise, her ears shooting upwards at the question. “Well, willow bark helps with joint pain, and dock leaf, I think.” She prattled, wrinkling her nose and squinting one eye as she tried to remember painkillers. For a second, she wondered about how Tallmarsh was feeling. A new role... what if Passionstar had just given it to her? Maybe she hadn’t even wanted it. Although she didn’t look angry or anything, just slightly bothered and very calm, like water. Ringpaw was dying to know her story,

~pom~

Old October 14th, 2018, 02:59 PM
5,445 posts on old site

My Mood: Fine

Quote:
@Spoopy Fishie

Shinefang turned at the sound of a familiar voice entering his den. His whiskers twitched as he squinted at the cream-colored shecat. “Fennelheart,” he said in greeting as he moved closer. “Training an apprentice of your own eh? How many have you had now?” As he spoke he lifted the shecat’s paw and looked at the torn claw before looking to his apprentice. “She did a number alright. Have a look Ringpaw. See the blood? It’s dried now so bleeding shouldn’t be an issue. What are we most worried about when a wound’s bleeding is controlled?” Ringpaw had managed to pick up a fair amount. He was curious to see if she’d realize he was referring to infections.
@Spoopy Fishie
Fennelheart glanced at Shinefang,” Yes indeed, Aspenpaw is quite wise, his first time out in the territory, I showed him the borders and I gave him the challenge of getting back to camp without help, he tracked his own scent back to camp. He’s my second apprentice, I wouldn’t be such a good mentor without your excellent training.” In a joking manner she added,” Shame you wasted it by healing cats.” She purred in amusement

My prefix finder website, consists of all the prefixes I could think of that are valid for wco linked here
Old October 20th, 2018, 10:26 AM
Sigh...

Quote:
Originally Posted by spookapi View Post
@Spoopy Fishie
Fennelheart glanced at Shinefang,” Yes indeed, Aspenpaw is quite wise, his first time out in the territory, I showed him the borders and I gave him the challenge of getting back to camp without help, he tracked his own scent back to camp. He’s my second apprentice, I wouldn’t be such a good mentor without your excellent training.” In a joking manner she added,” Shame you wasted it by healing cats.” She purred in amusement
@Spoopy Fishie

Shinefang chuckled as he let the shecat's paw go. "I don't think I need to remind you that most cats my age would have retired moons and moons ago. A warrior life can only last so long."

He glanced at his current apprentice to see if she was coming to look at Fennelheart's paw as well. "Besides, I have one more apprentice to train. Sounds like Aspenpaw will make a fine warrior in his time."

Last edited by Charmer; October 20th, 2018 at 10:26 AM.