Today 08:57 AM
Closed Thread

Old August 3rd, 2019, 06:06 PM
yippee!!!

Bump Policy: 4 days / 1 if time sensitive
My Mood: Kingly

Default Re: RiverClan Clearing

[ @BILL. ]

Oakflames attention was caught by the voice of the deputy, ears perked as he peaked out of the warriors den. What could it be? As soon as he heard, amusement prickles his pads. Teaching skyclan how to swim? That definitely wouldn't be easy for cats who specialize in climbing trees. The tabby tom slowly made his way into the crowd, tail flicking. This would be hilarious!

_____

Timberspark glanced up at the golden tom, listening carefully. Swimming? What a coincidence! He was just talking to Dawnpaw about that. Turning slightly, he thought about it. It wouldn't hurt so bad to learn how to swim right? He didn't want to drown anytime soon.

·characters· •pronouns.cc•

bump after 96 hours / 4 days
Old August 3rd, 2019, 09:22 PM
Lil gamer pup :3

Bump Policy: ☆ MIN: 6 hours ; MAX: 24 hours
My Mood: Relaxed

@BILL.
(Can my cat Scarfang train my cat Dreampaw and @Lilyfur2 's Eaglepaw? Also, a minor note, I'm going to summer camp from August 6th - 12th, so if I'm not here, can I have Scar pick up the training when I get back?)

Scarfang gave a sniff, stepping forward. If these SkyClan cats were going to be here, they might as well do something useful. He cleared his throat.
"I'm free to train a few cats, Lionstorm." He mewed.

Dreampaw stood beside Eaglepaw as the RiverClan deputy gave the announcement.
"Swim lessons?" She muttered to Eagle, "I sure hope we can be given a decent trainer at least."

•••

"The worst part of dreaming is waking up."
• sig icon by SqdPxl on deviantart •

Character Site
Roleplay TrackerTraining Tracker
Old August 4th, 2019, 08:48 AM
chase your dreams, fool.

My Mood: Tired

Lightbulb Re: RiverClan Clearing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nebby View Post
@BILL.
(Can my cat Scarfang train my cat Dreampaw and @Lilyfur2 's Eaglepaw? Also, a minor note, I'm going to summer camp from August 6th - 12th, so if I'm not here, can I have Scar pick up the training when I get back?)

Scarfang gave a sniff, stepping forward. If these SkyClan cats were going to be here, they might as well do something useful. He cleared his throat.
"I'm free to train a few cats, Lionstorm." He mewed.

Dreampaw stood beside Eaglepaw as the RiverClan deputy gave the announcement.
"Swim lessons?" She muttered to Eagle, "I sure hope we can be given a decent trainer at least."
Eaglepaw 's fur rose nervously. He glanced at Dreampaw, and nodded.
"I sure hope so. But if we do get a bad trainer, at least we're together." He mewed back, smiling.
He shivered. "I'm nervous..." He whispered, glancing at the river. What if a current swept them away? What if they drowned? What if- He began again, cutting himself off. That's What these swimming lessons are for, aren't they?
@BILL. @Nebby

❝shine bright, little star.❞

i've shut down all rps, but i'll be semi-online for vms and pms.
hit me up on discord if you'd like to chat over dms (:

sitesignature pic • profile pic from alice oseman's heartstopper <3

Last edited by Moon Lily; August 4th, 2019 at 08:48 AM.
Old August 4th, 2019, 03:49 PM

My Mood: Spooky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pigeonpaw View Post
@BILL. @Leopardblaze

Eagleflight leapt at the opportunity to go out and stretch his legs. Although he'd only just been fishing, he felt like it had been far too long since he'd gone for a good swim. He trotted over with anticipation where the two conjoined clans were already gathering. He looked around; there was a certain SkyClan cat he was looking for. He didn't have to look too far, however; her spotted pelt stood out against the sandy clearing.
"Hey, Leopardblaze!" He called out to his friend, flicking his tail-tip as he approached her. "Fancy a swimming lesson?" There was a gleam of humor in his eyes. It was an honor to be here for this historic event, with so many cats gathered together with one common goal--to teach their friends and cohabitants. He hoped that there would be no objections to him choosing his friend as his swimming "apprentice" for the day.

Leopardblaze flicked her ear, turning her head when she head her name called. She spotted her friend Eagleflight trotting over towards her. "Hello Eagleflight," she meowed in greeting, her green eyes shining brightly. "Willowwings gave me one swimming lesson earlier, but I think another would be just fine. Practice is the only thing that's going to help me." she chirped brightly as the tom approached. She forced away any dread of the water as much as she could, knowing fully no Riverclan warrior would not allow her to drown.
Old August 4th, 2019, 03:57 PM
Just A Fossil

Bump Policy: 3 days
My Mood: Spooky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lonestar23 View Post
Jasperpelt was pleased to see Lotusheart, but his pleasure turned to concern as she mentioned her own concern over having SkyClan there. "I, uh... I know how you feel," He answered in a low voice, keeping his head down in case they could all hear him somehow. "But... I mean, Grousestar seems trustworthy enough, and - and Fallenstar's clearly okay with this, so... for now, anyways, I guess we'll just have to - to wait it out." It was the opposite of what he wanted - even though the SkyClan cats seemed to respect their leader, who could hopefully keep them in line, there was still strangers in their home. Jasperpelt could've dealt with a few newcomers, but so many at once? It was like his own personal nightmare. "At least we have each other, right?"

Lotusheart felt a little comforted by Jasperpelt's words and leaned against him a little bit to feel his warmth. The she-cat let out a soft purr to signal her content. "Yes, we have each other and we'll always have each other," the she-cat spoke happily. "Everything will be fine as long as I have you by my side," the tabby spoke.

[Characters]

I'M A TOTAL TRASH MAMMAL

Old August 4th, 2019, 05:18 PM
clearing away the dust

My Mood: Tired

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leopardblaze View Post
Leopardblaze flicked her ear, turning her head when she head her name called. She spotted her friend Eagleflight trotting over towards her. "Hello Eagleflight," she meowed in greeting, her green eyes shining brightly. "Willowwings gave me one swimming lesson earlier, but I think another would be just fine. Practice is the only thing that's going to help me." she chirped brightly as the tom approached. She forced away any dread of the water as much as she could, knowing fully no Riverclan warrior would not allow her to drown.
"You're sure you're up for it?" He gave her a sly grin. "I wouldn't want to push you too hard in one day." Although his tone was humorous, his concern was honest; but he knew she was a tough cat, and wouldn't back down so easily. He knew that swimming must be difficult to get accustomed to for these cats whose lives and skills revolved around being high in the trees. They didn't have the thick, water-resistant pelts that RiverClan cats did, but the traditional long, powerful legs of SkyClan cats would surely suit them well for battling with river currents.

Character Site - Tracker - Commission Info
Taking time off from work recovering from surgery! Professional artist. If I'm taking too long to respond, please PM me to remind me!
Old August 4th, 2019, 06:26 PM
Mama Dust

Bump Policy: 12-24 hours!
My Mood: Relaxed

@BILL.

Frostflight was always present at these meetings, whether Lionstorm wanted him there or not. Really... he should be up there helping, but pushing the boundaries right now wouldn't do anyone any good. With how Fallen had looked at him at the gathering and Lionstorm's demeanor, it was obvious he wasn't wanted... wasn't trusted. Regret bubbled in his belly at the thought, but this was his decision after all. Intense blue eyes followed his movements, keeping track of his location as a small group converged on the opportunity. Well, it wouldn't fix any of their issues, but maybe it would help gain back some trust. With a hefty push upwards, Frostflight quickly paced his way over waiting politely until he was able to catch Lionstorm's attention. "I can train someone," He meowed with confidence, "You're going to need all the help you can get." Actually, Frostflight was quite a decent swimmer and fisher and he liked to boast about it quite often!

--

With a huff, Honeynose seemed to internally debate with herself the opportunity to learn to swim. The positives... she would be able to swim... she could help her daughters if they needed it. But the negatives, giving up her Skyclan heritage to become a filthy fish eater. Honeynose scrunched up her face in disgust, but after a lengthy sigh, the warrior rose to her paws and joined in the small group of cats. "I'll do it... but only to save MY clan." The emphasis on 'my' was quite harsh. It had been difficult for her to accept the move... Honeynose had never been particularly fond of Riverclan in the first place and she wasn't fond at all of Lionstorm's ego. Come to think of it she wasn't fond of Frostflight either. They were both Riverclan in her eyes and the bitter thought of Grousestar making a mistake entered her mind. "Well," She demanded, "Do I get a teacher or are we just going to stand her all day?"

Cherryswirl | Go With The Flow [Active]

CharactersArt ShopDeviantart
Old August 4th, 2019, 08:07 PM
on an indefinite hiatus

My Mood: Psychedelic

@BILL.

Splashcloud listened to Lionstorm’s request with excited blue eyes. Teaching Skyclanners to swim? That was something she could do. Splashcloud seemed herself as a pretty decent swimmer. Swimming was her greatest skill above hunting and fighting, for sure. She bounded over to where the cats were gathering, holding her tail in the air. “I’ll train someone!”

Spicestorm was relaxing in the clearing when he heard Lionstorm’s call. He lofted his head off the ground to listen to what he had to say. Teaching Skyclanners to swim? He wasn’t sure how to feel about that. He already didn’t like that the clan was so crowded with the tree-lovers loving with them. Plus, how could they learn to swim? It would be a disaster. Spicestorm smiled slightly. That would be fun to watch. “I’ll help.” He meowed as he approached verge gathered cats. Should be interesting.

Character Site
--
See the bottom of this page here for characters available to RP.
I respond to rps on Tuesdays, Friday mornings, and Sundays.
Old August 4th, 2019, 08:42 PM
Lovable Cannibal

My Mood: Twisted

Quote:
Originally Posted by BILL. View Post

Tail swishing, Lionstorm made his way across the clearing. With patrols out of the way, there were some more things he had to attend to.

Namely: SkyClan. It'd been a moon or so since they shoved their way into RiverClan, and most of the tree-jumpers didn't know how to swim. That would change today, whether they liked it or not.

"RiverClan, SkyClan," his voice boomed loudly across the camp. "Cats who are old enough to hunt, gather around! Today will be a significant moment in Clan history, as we will be doing a Clan-wide training session with both of our Clans. SkyClan, you have been here for over a moon, and it is about time you learn how to swim. I want all cats, apprentice age and older to participate in this. RiverClan, we will be doing these swimming lessons as a group-- warriors and apprentices who are capable of swimming, come forward to volunteer, please. Apprentices, if you haven't been trained how to swim, this may be an ideal time for you to learn."

He took a breath, scanning the moving cats before he continued. "I will assign SkyClan cats their trainers before we relocate to the river."

[ OPEN FOR EVERYONE - READ THIS FOR MORE INFORMATION.
QUOTE OR MENTION ME WHEN YOU RESPOND PLEASE!
SKYCLAN CATS THAT DO NOT PARTICIPATE WILL NOT
KNOW HOW TO SWIM UNLESS IT IS ROLEPLAYED OUT WITH A CAT THAT DOES.]
Upon hearing the booming voice of her deputy, Cobaltshade quietly slipped from the dark reaches of the warriors den to take her place amongst the gathering crowd of both clans. Though Skyclan had joined nearly a month ago, the blue-grey furred she-cat still wasn't sure how she felt about them. But that was a feeling that she shared with many of her clanmates, so she wasn't worried about the thought being controversial. What she was more concerned about was how loyalties would work now. Would they have to protect Skyclan? Would she have to be loyal to Skyclan now as well as Riverclan? Would she have to treat them as if they were all one big clan now, even though they were still separated by leaders and deputies? That thought had been swimming through her mind, it made her hesitant in getting anywhere near the Skyclan cats if she could help it.
That would change today apparently. Though she wasn't sure if befriending or helping these cats was a good thing, it was clear Lionstorm wanted to teach them how to swim at the very least. So it was her duty, as an able-bodied warrior of Riverclan, to step forward and volunteer. Once he was done with his announcement, Cobaltshade would move soundlessly to the front of the crowd before respectfully dipping her head. "I am able and willing to teach someone how to swim."

Grousestar had already been in the clearing when Lionstorm had started the announcement, picking at a fish, trying to clear off some of the scales to make it easier to eat. He wouldn't sit up at the deputy's words, just look in his general direction while picking at the fish, eventually finishing it. He was still adjusting, to being in a territory with another clan, with.. Sharing leadership. That's what it felt like sometimes, even if Lionstorm wasn't putting his clan on patrols, when he or Fallenstar made announcements, Skyclan watched and listened. It was strange, but something he could grow accustomed to. He.. Liked having more cats around. He felt it gave him more of an opportunity to gain back who he once was, a talkative, friendly cat who would talk with anyone and everyone he could to try and brighten their day.
Flicking his tail, he'd get up and reposition himself with the other Skyclan cats, sitting amongst them. He didn't want special treatment, he didn't care who was assigned to him. All in all, the bottom line was that he needed to learn how to swim, just like the rest of his clan.

Yarrowpounce would peek his head outside of the warriors den at the call of someone. It sounded like Lionstorm, but he had beckoned for Skyclan as well as Riverclan which was unusual. And sure enough, the Riverclan deputy was making an announcement. Lowering his head slightly, he would slink into the clearing to join the crowd. 'Oh Starclan.. I'm.. I'm going to drown today.' He would think to himself as he heard that Skyclan cats would be taught how to swim today. Gulping with a dry click in his throat, he would glance around, hoping to spot Leopardblaze, or anyone who could bring him some kind of comfort before letting his shoulders sag and his gaze to fall to the ground. His heart thundered in his chest. Who would he get assigned as a mentor? It was like his apprentice ceremony all over again.

Barbedfall was just making her way back into the clearing when Lionstorm began, she would drop off a single vole on the fresh kill pile before settling in at the edge of the crowd. "What's he yappin' on about? Swimming? Doesn't he know long fur doesn't work well with the water? He better assign me to a strong warrior, because I do not want to be floating downstream to meet Starclan today!" She spoke a bit louder than she wanted, but that was the nature of the feisty middle-aged she-cat. She wasn't particularly worried about being reprimanded, she followed Grousestar, not Lionstorm after all. If the Riverclan deputy had a problem with her, then tough luck because she didn't have to care. Huffing, she would shake her head and wait to be assigned a mentor.

Credit to the wonderful Endless on WCO for my profile picture! Wonderful picture of Hannibal <3
Hannibal's Den
Character Site

Help me hatch my egg?
Old August 4th, 2019, 09:00 PM
Lovable Cannibal

My Mood: Twisted

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leopardblaze View Post
Leopardblaze listened glancing over at him as he spoke, a small kind smile crossing her face as he repeated the question to himself. She nodded as he named off different types of prey all of which sounded very nice to eat at that moment. Once close enough to see what the prey-pile contained she began quickly looking over it trying to find something that looked more appetizing than a fish, though she can't say she had ever had one before. She wished for a plump squirrel or bird, but instead the first thing her eyes fell on was a little brown vole that was partially hidden under some type of small fish, she shrugged deciding it was good enough. Maybe one day she would try a fish, but for now she could not bring herself to eat one. Leaning down she sniffed the vole before picking it up in her jaws, trying to get over the smell from the fish that it had left on it's small body. She stood there patiently waiting for Yarrowpounce to find himself something to eat.
Of course the speak of any kind of prey would sound good at the moment, which was why he was able to list off a good few; the closer he got to the pile, the more the smell filled his nose and mouth, the more he realized he was.. Actually hungry. For a moment, the white tom with small brown patches would watch her as she sifted about for her meal before slowly stepping up to begin searching for his own. Right now, even the smell of fish was appetizing. But he wouldn't pick out a fish, not if he could help it. Pushing some fish and other undesirable prey out of the way, his eyes would finally land on a Moorhen, something he had never had, but it had a pretty delicious smell coming off of it. Licking his lips, he realized that maybe.. He wouldn't pick the smallest piece of prey, it had been so long since he actually had a decent meal, it was time he let himself eat. Picking the bird up by the neck, he would sheepishly look at the she-cat with as much of a smile as he could manage around the bird before beginning to make his way back to their original sitting location. Once back, he would settle back down in the same spot he was before and laid the bird down. "I don't think I've ever seen this kind of bird before.. I hope it tastes like a robin, even if it doesn't look like one."

Credit to the wonderful Endless on WCO for my profile picture! Wonderful picture of Hannibal <3
Hannibal's Den
Character Site

Help me hatch my egg?
Closed Thread