Last post by Moonandstars
Today 05:10 AM
Closed Thread

Old April 26th, 2020, 11:34 PM
Engine engine number nine

Bump Policy: 1 week unless time sensitive
My Mood: Blah

Default Re: Lionsden

Fogpaw came up to Lionstar's den. He really wanted to talk with him about something. The apprentice stayed outside the den. He didn't want to just walk in that would be intruding. He would stand outside until he was invited in. He had too much respect for his leader to do so. Fogpaw kept his nervousness down as to not seem weak. He showed his strength to everyone.

Marigoldleap is my main character and is currently an outsider if anybody wants to roleplay with her or has a small plot they need an extra cat for.

Old April 26th, 2020, 11:45 PM
work is never done

Bump Policy: every 4 days
My Mood: Kingly

Lionstar squinted at the white form of Fogpaw hiding just outside his den. "Come on in, Fogpaw-- what is it?"

[ @Sparkling Bliss ]

wolfhivewolfhive roleplaystc additional training
deceased charactersroleplay rules
Old April 26th, 2020, 11:48 PM

Fogpaw padded in to the den after being allowed to. He hadn't been here before, so it was new to him, but that wasn't why he was here. "I wanted to talk to you about a name change.", Fogpaw meowed with his slow speech. He didn't think it fit him right. Fog was gray not white and plus he wanted something to remember Thunderpaw by.

Marigoldleap is my main character and is currently an outsider if anybody wants to roleplay with her or has a small plot they need an extra cat for.

Old April 26th, 2020, 11:53 PM
work is never done

[ small note - fog can be white! ]

"A name change?" Lionstar's interest was piqued, and he watched the apprentice carefully. "Sick of the name Fennelbrains gave you? I honestly don't blame you, I wouldn't want to keep anything that mouse-brain gave me."

[ @Sparkling Bliss ]

Old April 26th, 2020, 11:57 PM

Fogpaw read everything and nodded. "It's mainly that, but during the battle I realized something. I realized that I was once a cat known as Thunderpaw and I wanted to do something to honor him.", he meowed, telling the truth. Only one cat knew that he used to be another cat.

Old April 27th, 2020, 12:01 AM
work is never done

Huh. Still, interesting. "I hope you understand, Fogpaw.. that you are him, if you are truly his reincarnation. The only thing you would be honoring is yourself. Which.. I suppose is fine, but a little strange! Change your name to make yourself happy-- you have to live with whatever you pick." Lionstar didn't really care what he asked for, as long as it was reasonable and not something.. he'd regret.

[ @Sparkling Bliss ]

Old April 27th, 2020, 12:10 AM
the stars are aligned

My Mood: Queenly

Default Re: Lionstar's Regret [ private ]

Peering over his shoulder at the camp, Fawnsqueak welcomed the change in scenery and the blanket of shadowy privacy that encased them in Lionstar's den. The sigh of relief was short-lived when he turned back only to see the underlying agony there, and he grimaced, certain it matched his own. He took a deep breath, let it out again. There was no order in the chaos of his mind, no matter how many times he'd gone over this conversation silently to himself.

Best to just... come out with it. They both knew.

"What were you thinking?!" he snapped, exasperated, and then blinked with wide-eyes. Okay, that.. that was a little intense. He'd been hoping for something softer, less confrontational, but he couldn't strike the right tone now that the stress had an outlet. "I mean, me? A medicine cat apprentice?" His voice cracked. "I'm not... you-- why? Just.. why? I get that Otterstone needs help but why does that help have to be me?" By the time he was finished, his claws had sunk into the ground, and he was hunched over pathetically.

@BILL.

everything about us is going to be wonderful
Old April 27th, 2020, 12:12 AM

Fogpaw took his words to his heart. He was right he was Thunderpaw and that was the best memory he had, but he still wanted his name changed. He thought real hard about it before something came to mind. "I want to change my name to Cottonpaw. Cotton looks like my fur and is extremely soft. It also is in two's or three's and I love to be around other cats.", he meowed. Fogpaw hoped he didn't find his choice acceptable.

Old April 27th, 2020, 12:19 AM
work is never done

"What else was I supposed to do?" Lionstar's ears flattened back as he spoke, averting his gaze from fawn.

"Otterstone's a failure, and there's no one else I know I can trust in the position. I mean sure, I can throw anyone in there, but I can't trust them to stay! I need.. someone who is willing to hang in there, to learn and help out the Clan, and.." He sucked in a breath.

"And there is no one else, who I know is as reliable, as compassionate, as sweet-- as generous and giving as you are. You're one of the most .. trustworthy cats I know, and I know if anyone can make the best out of the dungshow that is Otterstone it's you."

it was always fawn.

"I don't.. want more disappointments, I don't want RiverClan to continue to not have a reliable medicine cat. We need stability, fawn, and that's.. you."

[ @Dipper ]

Old April 27th, 2020, 12:32 AM
the stars are aligned

My Mood: Queenly

"You could, oh, I don't know-- think before just making a choice like that? This is huge," Fawnsqueak pressed urgently, stress emerging as frustration when he felt Lionstar wasn't understanding the gravity of this. On the other paw, he was beginning to see more than just the tip of the iceberg and reality was setting in. Strain bled into his voice as he repeated tightly, "It's huge, and.. and I don't know if I can even do this! It's not like asking me to help WindClan with patrols, this is asking me to heal the entirety of RiverClan and then some!" Here, he'd been so diligent in protecting his warrior rank in fear of demotion at the battle--couldn't fight anybody outside his league--and Lionstar went and ruined all of it anyway.

Lionstar placing him in this mess for stability purposes just worsened the growing headache. "You want me to stay here?" It was incredulous. "What happened to.. to being a warrior? To you and I?" He wished he could have said that casually but no amount of feigned nonchalance (practiced over and over) could keep him from trembling. "Look, it's nice and all, very heartwarming that you can trust me with this but I'm literally breaking the code, right now. If we're together, that's not-- it can't.. we can't do that anymore." It was phrased like a tentative threat, a last hope that Lionstar hadn't thought of that and would rescind his offer.

@BILL.

everything about us is going to be wonderful

Last edited by Fawn; April 27th, 2020 at 12:32 AM.
Closed Thread