Today 07:21 AM
Closed Thread

Old April 27th, 2020, 12:32 AM
work is never done

Bump Policy: every 4 days
My Mood: Kingly

Default Re: Lionsden

Oh, that was cute.

"Sure, you can be Cottonpaw. Do you want it to be announced to the Clan as a ceremony, or.. would you prefer to handle it yourself?" Some cats liked a quiet change, but Lionstar would support Cottonpaw regardless.

[ @Sparkling Bliss ]

wolfhivewolfhive roleplaystc additional training
deceased charactersroleplay rules
Old April 27th, 2020, 12:35 AM
Engine engine number nine

Bump Policy: 1 week unless time sensitive
My Mood: Blah

It really didn't matter to him, but he did want other cats to see it as official. "I want cats to hear it from you. They might believe you better than me.", he meowed. Cottonpaw actually liked his new name. Well he should sense he picked it out.

Marigoldleap is my main character and is currently an outsider if anybody wants to roleplay with her or has a small plot they need an extra cat for.

Old April 27th, 2020, 01:01 AM
work is never done

"We can announce it during the next Clan meeting. We have some warrior ceremonies to do, so I can include you in that." Lionstar stifled a yawn, stretching. "Is that all, Cottonpaw?"

[ @Sparkling Bliss ]

Old April 27th, 2020, 01:04 AM

Cottonpaw shook his head. "No I believe that is all.", he replied. The apprentice didn't want to waste Lionstar's time. He did have a lot on his back after the battle. They still needed their strong leader.

Marigoldleap is my main character and is currently an outsider if anybody wants to roleplay with her or has a small plot they need an extra cat for.

Old April 27th, 2020, 01:17 AM
work is never done

Default Re: Lionstar's Regret [ private ]

"fawn, please. It's huge, but.. it works? You've always been a tree-enthusiast, you never liked fighting... this is your opportunity to help the Clan in more than just, fighting, or hunting, or.. getting involved in conflicts. You can be a healer, you can harass the Star Cats like you always wanted, maybe they'll tell you interesting things." stars, Lionstar didn't want this, he wanted to go back, to before--

but.. No. They could make this work. They could. Forcing a smile, Lionstar reached to lightly nudge Fawnsqueak's shoulder. "Come on, you don't think we could still do our thing, on the down-low? No one's going to question it, and.." And Lionstar did not, and could not, be without Fawn, but the more he thought about it the more twisted his stomach became.

Because being together.. would be a distraction from fawn's duties, it would be counter productive to what Lionstar wanted fawn to be. ".. no, you're right. you're.. right, we can't be a thing."

As much as Lionstar hated it.. ".. RiverClan needs you more than I do, so my decision is final. You will remain Otterstone's apprentice until she fails the Clan, and you will succeed her when she is inevitably removed from her position. I.."

He swallowed. "I'm sorry Fawn, but for our Clan's sake.. I'm breaking up with you. Maybe, once you're trained and if other cats know healing remedies, we can look into changing your position back into being a warrior, but for right now.. you need to focus on our Clan-mates." We need to focus on our Clan-mates.

The Clan had to go first.

[ @Dipper ]

Old April 27th, 2020, 01:18 AM
work is never done

"Then you're dismissed." Lionstar gave him a thin smile. "I'll see you during the next meeting."

[ @Sparkling Bliss ]

Old April 27th, 2020, 01:19 AM

Cottonpaw smiled and padded out of the den.

Old April 27th, 2020, 02:06 AM
the stars are aligned

My Mood: Queenly

Fawnsqueak knew this was a bad situation but loathed it more when Lionstar was attempting to dress it up in fancy words as if he should appreciate this opportunity, because that merely made him bitter. He didn't want to be grateful for this, it was a change that'd altered his entire life trajectory in the blink of an eye. And Lionstar was trying to pass it off as if he should be happy, or at the very least put up with it. "Just.. just because of those things doesn't mean I should be a medicine cat," he replied, eyes narrowed. "I was completely capable as a warrior, and this? I don't know anything about it." His severe expression didn't falter despite the nudge, mood darkened. About to let out a scathing remark about how perhaps he didn't even want to continue things, Lionstar's train of thought eventually led them to a depressing end of the line.

He kept motionless, afraid one single movement would set off a chain that'd result in him sobbing over the shock, over his new life, the dissolution of a trial relationship that he'd been enjoying. He could only stare beyond Lionstar--not at him, lest he risk a breakdown--and focus on the other wall of the den to choke out, "If that's what you want, I guess." Because the stars knew he sure didn't have a say in it, at least it felt like that. It was a touch colder than intended from the sinking realization that Lionstar could be right about RiverClan being at stake, and neither were willing to risk it for selfish wishes.

"So.. yeah. That's it?" Fawnsqueak had planned to go on but his chest felt squeezed, and he was forced to turn away. He didn't acknowledge the tears building in the corners of his eyes, so he definitely didn't want Lionstar to. Head lowered, he muttered, "I better go do... medicine cat things, then. No time to sit around talking."

Fawnsqueak didn't wait for a response, stalking off.

@BILL.

everything about us is going to be wonderful

Last edited by Fawn; April 27th, 2020 at 02:07 AM.
Old April 27th, 2020, 02:18 AM
work is never done

So this was it.

Lionstar didn't have words to respond to Fawn. he didn't have anything. it was over, fawn.. probably hated him, now-- for this, and he..

there was a sinking weight in his chest. a heavy feeling that left him feeling choked, and cold, and defenseless, and... alone. he wanted fawn back. he wanted fawn back so much it hurt, but this wasn't about him... riverclan need fawn a lot more.

it did nothing, nothing at all to relieve his pain, the hole inside him that made him feel hollow and lonely and..

he hardly processed the tears that built along the corners of his eyes, the droplets that spilled onto his sandy den floor, the way his paws gave way beneath him and he was left alone, in his nest, with the weight of the world on his shoulders and the sensation of..

being broken upon repair.

Stars, what had he done? he shouldn't have done this, why did he do this.. "please.." he whispered, voice crackling from his sorrow. "please, let this just be a dream."

[ @Dipper ]

Old April 27th, 2020, 02:37 AM
Lovable Cannibal

My Mood: Twisted

To be quite frank, the past couple of.. Days? Weeks? Moon really- things had been hectic. Not just for any one cat in particular, but for the whole of Riverclan. Or maybe it was just for Cobaltshade. Attacking coyotes and driving them from Windclan, training her apprentice, partaking in an elite training program that wasn't nearly what she thought it'd be, finding kits at the border, having kits attack her, and finally this raid against Shadowclan.

As cold and stoic as she was, Cobaltshade was not blind to emotions, whether they be hers or others. It didn't mean she was good at dealing with them, but she could sense when things were out of sorts. The whole... Ordeal with Otterstone, the public humiliation and the naming of a warrior, not just any warrior, Fawnsqueak, as a helper... It, well, it worried her. Was Lionstar alright? Had losing his life in that battle affected him more than physically being wounded?

It didn't hurt to check, it wasn't her duty to check in on the leader, but she felt it was needed. Few warriors checked in with their leaders, it always seemed to be private matters with them. And if she wasn't needed then Lion could turn her away, she'd accept that. But on the off chance it was needed, she would be happy that she took the chance.

Clearing her throat at the den entrance, the blue-gray molly dipped her head. "Lionstar, may I enter?"

Credit to the wonderful Endless on WCO for my profile picture! Wonderful picture of Hannibal <3
Hannibal's Den
Character Site

Help me hatch my egg?
Closed Thread