Last post by burntToast
Today 08:03 AM

Old April 25th, 2020, 09:51 AM
Existing being on Earth

My Mood: Happy
Default Re: ShadowClan Territory

Quote:
Originally Posted by Breezefur View Post
"Okay Russetpatch." Emberpaw meowed calmly,padding towards the entrance of the camp.
@MagicCat99
Russetpatch nodded and leaded him out of camp. "Show me what you can do." She meowed, knowing he had a mentor before her.

Click my dragons!
Old April 25th, 2020, 10:12 AM
I love wing Dovewing!

My Mood: Cynical

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagicCat99 View Post
Russetpatch nodded and leaded him out of camp. "Show me what you can do." She meowed, knowing he had a mentor before her.
Emberpaw looked down at her paws. "I wasn't taught anything by my old mentor. When I asked them if we could train,they said, 'Maybe tomorrow' and they said that every day when I asked. I never got to go on patrols. I have never been outside of the camp!" Emberpaw's face had almost turned red,and she was crying.
Old April 25th, 2020, 12:12 PM
Existing being on Earth

My Mood: Happy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Breezefur View Post
Emberpaw looked down at her paws. "I wasn't taught anything by my old mentor. When I asked them if we could train,they said, 'Maybe tomorrow' and they said that every day when I asked. I never got to go on patrols. I have never been outside of the camp!" Emberpaw's face had almost turned red,and she was crying.
"Oh- oh, don't cry! I just wanted to know what you had already learned. It's fine if you haven't learned anything yet." Russetpatch meowed. "We'll just start from the beginning."

Click my dragons!
Old April 25th, 2020, 12:27 PM
I love wing Dovewing!

My Mood: Cynical

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagicCat99 View Post
"Oh- oh, don't cry! I just wanted to know what you had already learned. It's fine if you haven't learned anything yet." Russetpatch meowed. "We'll just start from the beginning."
"O-Okay." Emberpaw murmured,looking up at Russetpatch. Emberpaw heard leaves being kicked up. She looked over and saw an animal she had never seen or smelled before. "Mouse!" Emberpaw yowled,sending the creature scurrying away.
Old April 25th, 2020, 02:42 PM
Still staring nervously

Bump Policy: Currently after 4 days!
My Mood: Dreaming

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmkmb View Post
"Sure thing," Fallenheart agreed as he led the two apprentices out into the forest. Frostpaw trailed behind the enthusiastic warrior, wondering how his presence would affect their outing. The earth was mostly dry, yet somewhat soggy in some places where the remnants snow were still melting.

"So will we be hunting or is this something else?" Fallenheart asked mischievously. If he was remembering correctly, Frostpaw was originally from ThunderClan, so despite their almost identical looks, he and Nightpaw weren't related. Of course, they could be friends...

Frostpaw let the words sink in before realizing what they meant. "Hunting," he choked out quickly. He glanced at Nightpaw, hoping that she didn't mind his more or less frantic answer. @Estelle
Nightpaw followed behind the warrior, lingering somewhere next to Frostpaw. This was the first time she had spoken to Fallenheart in any way. Obviously she had seen him around camp before; after all for someone who used to lay down and stare at whatever was infront of her, it wasn't so surprising, but spoken she had never. Her thoughts were pretty occupied by it and the molly couldn't help but watch the tom walk, halfly not even realising she was.
It probably took longer than it should've for her to realise what Fallenheart meant by 'something else'. Once she finally did, however, it caused her pace to stop for a mere second before she lightly flicked her tail and caught up behind the two, even though there wasn't much to catch up on. Nightpaw didn't mind Frostpaw's frantic answer, it was only the truth after all. right? Her mismatched eyes were lingering on her paws as he had given his response, and eventually she couldn't help but inwardly giggle to what just happened- why? She probably didn't really know herslef.

After having walked for a little bit, the molly lifted her gaze to look at both toms. She thought about saying something to break the silence, but it was somewhat difficult with the precense of Fallenheart. Not that she didn't like him! He seemed nice, it was simply that she always did have trouble interacting around and with cats she had not spoken to before.
@bmkmb (sorry it took so long!)
Old April 25th, 2020, 04:26 PM
darkness begets light.

My Mood: Mysterious

The rest of the walk went by in silence. Frostpaw kept his gaze forwards, pushing Fallenheart's comment to the back of his mind. He made note of their positioning in the territory, wanting to memorize ShadowClan's land as quickly as possible. The sooner he was accustomed to ShadowClan, the better. That way he could wander around without a guide to prevent him from getting lost.

The warrior and apprentices broke through a couple of ferns as they reached the area that Nightpaw had described. Frostpaw paused and scanned his surroundings while Fallenheart continued onwards. The warrior turned to face the two white cats following him and said, "I trust that you two won't be getting into any trouble. Y'all aren't kits, so you don't need me hovering over your shoulders. I'll be hunting over in that direction," he said flicking his tail in said direction, "so just yowl if you need me."

Frostpaw let out a silent breath in relief. With Fallenheart out of the way, maybe this wouldn't be too bad. He waited for the older tom to run off before turning to Nightpaw. "So how much do you know about hunting?" he asked the other apprentice. @Estelle
Have a wonderful day!
Old April 25th, 2020, 05:12 PM
Still staring nervously

"al-alright" Nightpaw nodded before the warrior padded of, holding back a sigh of relief he did. The molly waited a bit and glanced up to the tall trees, listening to the rushing of the leaves. It always was quite a pleasing sound. Her attention was taken by it until she heard Frostpaw's voice, turning to him as he spoke "no-not mu-uch" she admitted lightly, momentarily averting her gaze as she was a little embarrassed by her little knowledge of both hunting and battle "m-my men-mentor cov-vered the dif-different sences us-ed in hun-hunting" the young molly continued, now bringing her gaze back.
It was true that her training seemed to not be going as fast as some of the other apprentices training, but she didn't mind that much. It gave her time to properly think about what she had been taught and her mentor was nice, always making sure she understood everything correctly as well.
@bmkmb
Old April 25th, 2020, 05:31 PM
darkness begets light.

Frostpaw watched the ferns wave in the soft breeze as he pondered what to do with this new information. He hadn't expected for Nightpaw to know much, but if not hunting, he wasn't sure what else they would be doing. Honestly, he hadn't thought this out much. There were five senses used in hunting. If a cat knew how to use them correctly, then they would be able to find prey. Whether or not they would be able to take it down was something else completely. That usually took practice. The white apprentice turned his gaze back to Nightpaw. "Have you actually tried to hunt yet, or just learned about the theory involved in it?" Frostpaw asked. He had an idea that might work, but it might go more smoothly if Nightpaw had done some sort of practice before, even if it wasn't much. @Estelle
Have a wonderful day!
Old April 25th, 2020, 05:52 PM
Still staring nervously

"jus-just the the-theor-y, bu-ut Stor-stormli-lily has ma-made me try all the sen-sences in dif-differ-rent ways.. li-like a ga-ame of hi-hide and sme-ell for ex-exam-ple" Nightpaw answered. She was aware that the last part may sound a little kit-ish, but it really did help, and actually had her try to concentrate or her sence of smell for once. She was generally always watching everything, looking around, taking in details of certain things, but until then it had never occurred to her that sometimes one had to pay more attention to the different smells in different locations and situations, and not just by the borders.
Her gaze flickered to her paws for a mere moment before she brought them back up "wh-why?" the molly asked with a faint tilt of her head. @bmkmb
Old April 25th, 2020, 06:31 PM
darkness begets light.

A game of hide-and-seek? That was actually a great idea. Frostpaw felt a hint of disappointment towards his first mentor. It turned out that the white apprentice hadn't been taught about theory at all. His mentor had just ushered him into the forest, telling him to try his best. The first few attempts at catching prey didn't go too badly, and each time he failed, his mentor would point out all the mistakes he'd made. Some mistakes were made more obvious than others, especially the ones made during the Hawktalon and Snakefang Incidents.

"I was thinking that if you wanted, we could try hunting together." The codeword there was "try." Frostpaw honestly didn't care if they both failed spectacularly; he just wanted to see how things would go. "If you know the theory, you should be able to sniff out prey easily enough. Although if you want to wait until you've done more practice, I wouldn't mind trying out those games you mentioned." Whatever Nightpaw chose, it would be interesting experience for both. @Estelle
Have a wonderful day!