Closed Thread

Old April 5th, 2020, 05:05 PM
Create your own sunshine

My Mood: Queenly

Default Re: RiverClan Medicine Cat's Den

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitty Mama View Post
. @CheetahPelt @Slushie
"Hello Goosepaw." Omenshade looked at the tom's wounds with a critical eye then to Otterstone with a curt nod at her comment about teaching, an inquiry about what they would be learning on their mind. As she said they would be cleaning it but didn't make a move to do that at all, they assumed that meant they were supposed to do it but waited, feeling stranded in the lack of direction. "Okay."
To Goosepaw, they meow, "You're not in the way, just try to be still." They didn't think Goosepaw would have to move quite yet, and Omen got to cleaning the wounds until they were finished with that. They were glad the dried blood had seemed to stop the bleeding.
Now, they were at a loss again and looked at Otterstone. "I don't think you mentioned what herbs." Omenshade didn't attach any feeling to that, but he was beginning to notice the pattern and inwardly took note of her reluctance, or at least what he perceived as reluctance.

"Correct. Just making sure that I'm not going too fast. Also making sure I'm remembering correctly."

Otterstone was bad at this teaching thing... warrior training and medicine training were so different.

"SO!" If she could she would have clapped her hands, but moved over to the herbs. "So this is goldenrod." She pulled the small pile of stalky yellow flowers towards the two of them. "It's good for battle injuries. I used it on the big injures at the battlefield. Emberfang and Quailsnap both got some."

Next she pulled the pile of tansy back. "This... is similar. For injuires. Disinfectant."

The tortie looked at Goosepaw. "This is what we're going to use. First we're going to chew it into a poultice, and spread it on the injury. Then we'll bandage it again."

Quickly, she gnawed the withered flowers into a paste. "Just like I had you do on the battlefield." She said to Goosepaw. "Different herb though." She slathered the thick paste onto his injury, and wrapped it in cobweb padding.

"For the pain, we'll give you poppy seeds." She meowed, half to Goosepaw, half to Omenshade. She fiddled with the poppy head, trying to get the seeds out.. and played with it for a moment, before tapping it on the rock floor. A few seeds fell out. She did it again, and a good pawfull fell out. "Here you go Goosepaw." She said, offering them for him to eat. "This will take away your pain."

@Slushie
Old April 5th, 2020, 05:51 PM
dum spiro, spero

Bump Policy: 72 hrs/48 for importance
My Mood: Lazy

[ @Kitty Mama @CheetahPelt ]

Goosepaw settled down as Omenshade cleaned his wounds. He watched intently as Otterstone pointed out the herbs she was going to use. He recognized the goldenrod - he'd helped her use it on the battlefield to treat a cat's wounds, though he couldn't quite remember who's it had been.
As she pulled out the second herb and chewed them both into a poultice, he tilted his head at it. It wasn't the dandelion, right? "What was that second one?" he asked as she began to spread it onto his injuries. It stung a bit, but he gritted his teeth against it, letting her wrap his wounds with cobweb again. He pulled the poppy seeds closer to him, eyeing the tiny black objects before lapping a few of them up.

On hiatus from June 9th to June 17th. Do not bump me/send me messages, they will go unresponded to.

Character Site | Bumble RP Finder | Redmire RP Finder | Clan History Overview

Bumblestar is ThunderClan's leader. She has an open den policy.
ThunderClan Kit Curriculum | ThunderClan Resources | ThunderClan Outsider Joining | ThunderClan Additional Training
Old April 6th, 2020, 02:46 AM
⌗ ✶ dog days are over

Status: 彡 ╰► now if youre lonely you know i am here waiting for you ✩˚。⋆
Bump Policy: ‧₊˚✩彡 3 days / 1 day if time sensitive
My Mood: Mysterious

@CheetahPelt @Kitty Mama
[Coyote bite on his left shoulder, cracked rib on his left side]
Wormbite limped into the den, his eyes flickering around the den. At the injured cats-- including Goosepaw, and then at the medicine cats. His breathing was rather ragged and while the bleeding had stopped on his shoulder, he had lost a good amount of blood. Maybe walking to the camp wasn't the best idea. "Uh, treatment. Plea..ase?" The warrior stuttered out, still trying to control his breathing. Wormbite let his body lean against the wall for support. After a few minutes he spoke again. "I just need to get this wrapped up and um, I think I cracked something on my side..? I was thrown. Alot, " He explained.

❝ hold on tight to this time,
this place 'cause everything you know will be erased.
you were born inside your head.
and that is where you'll be when you are dead. ❞

-- easing back into roleplay / dealing with finals --
pronouns.cc
Old April 6th, 2020, 09:00 AM
on an indefinite hiatus

My Mood: Psychedelic

(sorry for the delay ^^")

Quailsnap lay on the medicine den floor, exhausted from the battle and his eyes stinging from the herb juice that Otterstone had put in them. He trusted the medicine cat to do her best to help him, but he felt like everything hurt. He idly listened to the chatter going on within the den, about healing and the battle and whatnot. All he was trying to do was to keep himself awake. He was so afraid of waking up, and not being able to see. But Quailsnap knew that's most likely what was going to happen. The vicious coyote had got him right in the face. His leg though? He hoped Otterstone could fix that. At least that.

@CheetahPelt @Kitty Mama

Character Site
--
See the bottom of this page here for characters available to RP.
I respond to rps on Tuesdays, Friday mornings, and Sundays.
Old April 6th, 2020, 10:01 AM
Good boi in quarantine 😷

My Mood: Happy

Emberfang awoke in the medicine cat's den. He heard talking but didn't really care what it was about. "Otterstone?" Emberfang's belly had stopped throbbing, and the only thing really bothering him was his leg. He needed that to walk! "Otterstone, when can I leave the medicine cat's den?" he was starting to get restless.
@CheetahPelt

Pet's name: Juicy
Just a good boi, doing good boi things, as always!
My warriors! (It has all of my cats and info about them.)

Seriously... what did you think was going to be in here?

Last edited by Katwhisperer; April 6th, 2020 at 10:03 AM.
Old April 6th, 2020, 10:16 AM
Create your own sunshine

Quote:
Originally Posted by x ghostie View Post
@CheetahPelt @Kitty Mama
[Coyote bite on his left shoulder, cracked rib on his left side]
Wormbite limped into the den, his eyes flickering around the den. At the injured cats-- including Goosepaw, and then at the medicine cats. His breathing was rather ragged and while the bleeding had stopped on his shoulder, he had lost a good amount of blood. Maybe walking to the camp wasn't the best idea. "Uh, treatment. Plea..ase?" The warrior stuttered out, still trying to control his breathing. Wormbite let his body lean against the wall for support. After a few minutes he spoke again. "I just need to get this wrapped up and um, I think I cracked something on my side..? I was thrown. Alot, " He explained.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slushie View Post

[ @Kitty Mama @CheetahPelt ]

Goosepaw settled down as Omenshade cleaned his wounds. He watched intently as Otterstone pointed out the herbs she was going to use. He recognized the goldenrod - he'd helped her use it on the battlefield to treat a cat's wounds, though he couldn't quite remember who's it had been.
As she pulled out the second herb and chewed them both into a poultice, he tilted his head at it. It wasn't the dandelion, right? "What was that second one?" he asked as she began to spread it onto his injuries. It stung a bit, but he gritted his teeth against it, letting her wrap his wounds with cobweb again. He pulled the poppy seeds closer to him, eyeing the tiny black objects before lapping a few of them up.
@Kitty Mama

Otterstone hmm-ed softly. Goosepaw seemed interested in herbs. If worse came to worst, and both she and Omenshade were in a tailspin, extra paws might come in handy.... if he wanted.

She turned her mind to his question. "The poultice on your leg is a few sprigs of goldenrod, I want to save most of that."

The tortoiseshell turned to Omenshade, "Now that he has the pain killing poppy seeds, and his wound is wrapped, we don't need to keep him in the den. We definitely need the space in the den right now."

She turned her head back to Goosepaw. "The second herb I gave you was tansy. It's similar to goldenrod." She meowed. "Now, check back every day, we'll have to check for infection and change your spiderwebs."

That sounded right. She took a deep breath. This would be good. This was right. Changing spiderwebs. Infection was bad. It must be, if there were so many herbs to stop infection.

Looking back at the tom, she flashed him a smile. "You're good, Goosepaw. Just keep it easy, no battle training and take it easy with hunting. I'll inform your mentor, who was in here... earlier. I'll talk to her later." Let's try on the high rank pants. "You're dismissed Goosepaw." This felt gooooood...

---

Otterstone nodded, turning from Goosepaw to Wormbite, the new warrior who had fought off a coyote for her. "Morning Wormbite." She smiled at lanky tom. "Thank you for protecting me from the coyote..." she stopped when she noticed how in pain he was. "Sit sit sit sit." She lead Wormbite to a pile of old moss. "Alright, what's your symptoms other then the bite and your side, because you definitely have some. Heavy breathing, difficulty walking. What else is going on?"
Old April 6th, 2020, 10:35 AM
dum spiro, spero

Bump Policy: 72 hrs/48 for importance
My Mood: Lazy

[ @CheetahPelt ]

Goosepaw stood back up, grunted at the pain, and then smiled at Otterstone. He made a mental note of the tansy as he glanced up at Wormbite. His brows furrowed with concern as he looked his friend up and down. Then, turning back to Otterstone, he said, "Let me know if there's anything I can do to help while I'm stuck in camp, okay? I'll see what I can do." Gently maneuvering his way past Wormbite, he exited the den.

On hiatus from June 9th to June 17th. Do not bump me/send me messages, they will go unresponded to.

Character Site | Bumble RP Finder | Redmire RP Finder | Clan History Overview

Bumblestar is ThunderClan's leader. She has an open den policy.
ThunderClan Kit Curriculum | ThunderClan Resources | ThunderClan Outsider Joining | ThunderClan Additional Training

Last edited by dino.; April 6th, 2020 at 11:36 AM.
Old April 6th, 2020, 10:43 AM
#RedInStead

My Mood: Distracted

(Sorry for the delay!)
@CheetahPelt @Kitty Mama
The gingery she lay in a moss nest, sleeping softly. Her wounds were now hard to find because of all the dried blood. She opened her eyes and drew in a deep breath. The smell of herbs was almost overwhelming but, the smell of blood was still there. Mothdusk flicked her ear and turned her head to see Otterstone, Omengaze and a few other cats. "I'm awake, now are you gonna heal me?" Her wounds had been covered in a thin layer of cobwebs and herbs at the battle but other than that she didn't have much done to her wounds. Her back and head were still sore from getting slammed into that rock by that dang coyote. Licking her paw she drew it over her ear and started to groom her bloody chest.
Time sensitive RPs count in this count.

Old April 6th, 2020, 11:13 AM
Just a Christian

@CheetahPelt @Kitty Mama
Rainsplash, who had missed the train of cats leaving the wind-clan camp battle, had to hobble back to camp on his own, a bit behind the clan. He finally stumbled into the medicine cat den, almost feeling like he would fall on his paws, which was three paws. His front paw which he wasn't using, was twisted in a weird way, which was practically numb to Rainsplash now. Though, if he touched it, or something else touched it, he would get a aweful shock of pain through him.

Character Site is in the works.
Old April 6th, 2020, 11:31 AM
⌗ ✶ dog days are over

Status: 彡 ╰► now if youre lonely you know i am here waiting for you ✩˚。⋆
Bump Policy: ‧₊˚✩彡 3 days / 1 day if time sensitive
My Mood: Mysterious

Wormbite mumbled a small 'mornin' under his breath, trailing after Otterstone. He laid himself down on the bedding, holding back a sigh of relief once he was finally able to rest his aching body.
Jeez, he sounded like an elder.
He raised an brow at Otterstone, uh..? The tom didn't believe there was anything else wrong with him. While his other ribs were bruised, they would just have to heal on their own. So it wasn't worth mentioning in his breathing. "Bloodloss..? I dunno, there was a lot of blood. " Wormbite mew, shrugging his shoulders which made him hiss in pain. He was so close to gnawing his tail off. @CheetahPelt

❝ hold on tight to this time,
this place 'cause everything you know will be erased.
you were born inside your head.
and that is where you'll be when you are dead. ❞

-- easing back into roleplay / dealing with finals --
pronouns.cc

Last edited by wolfie; April 6th, 2020 at 11:32 AM.
Closed Thread