Last post by taillow
Today 12:56 PM

Old April 30th, 2020, 07:09 PM

My Mood: Asleep
Default Re: ShadowClan Territory

Quote:
Originally Posted by Undertaker View Post

@crypticcountryroad @Powder @Cörruptly

This Hickory fellow was quite the pushover. Dawnstripe didn't bother sparing a second thought as she quickly began sniffing around the territory as soon as she was out of camp. There's a frog, pounce, bite, toss. There was a squirrel, leap, catch, bite, toss. Then there was finally a bluejay. Birds were a little harder for Dawnstripe to catch, she couldn't jump as high as average size cats, but the moons she trained as Icestar's apprentice had taught her to overcome her flaws and how to move stealthily despite her size.

Just like the other prey she caught, it was a simple pounce and pin and she claimed the bird's life. There, three pieces of prey and she hasn't even broken a sweat. She drops the bird with the other pieces and swishes her bushy tail behind her. Now that she had something to bring home, she should probably make sure those apprentices weren't having too much trouble.

"Rainpaw, Sparrowpaw have you two caught anything yet?" Even though it was a question it sounded more like a demand from the prideful daughter of Icestar. She left Hickorystump to himself while walking off in search of the apprentices.
“Not yet,” Rainpaw meowed,”It would be easier if you weren’t catching it all before I can even scent it! I’ll go try to catch something now.”

Rainpaw trotted into the woods, paws crunching the leaves under his paws, catching a scent of a mouse, he noticed it was intertwined with other scents of mouse, it was a mouse family.

Rainpaw slowly stalked the scent until he came upon a hollowed log, carefully he peeked inside, it couldn’t be any more perfect, a family of about five mice lay asleep, he carefully inserted his paw into the hole and then crunched it down, he heard a muffled squeak as the baby mouse under his paws was killed. Then he quickly finished off the other four and gathered them by their tails and padded back, awkwardly holding them so that they didn’t slip out.

“This good?” Rainpaw meowed,”I caught this lot asleep!”
Old April 30th, 2020, 07:27 PM
sadly, I exist

My Mood: Dark

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynxpaw View Post
Thornpaw hurried out of the camp entrance, rushing to help Silvermist. She headed to the border that led to the outskirts. She quickly glanced once again behind her shoulder to check if Blackpaw was keeping up and then continued to the border.

@Mentallyunstable
Blackpaw continued after her.

(So sorry I’m late)

Credit for my avatar goes to @Redtalon.
Old April 30th, 2020, 07:28 PM
sadly, I exist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skye View Post
"Sure thing," He replied. Then a grin came over his face. "Hey... Whaddya say we make a game out of it? Whoever makes the biggest catch wins?"
Blackpaw nodded and smirked. “You’re on. What’s out right about how anyways?” he asked

Old April 30th, 2020, 07:37 PM
GONE

My Mood: Kingly

Quote:
Blackpaw continued after her.

(So sorry I’m late)
(It's okay)

Thornpaw stopped at the border and turned around."I can hear snarling" she told Blackpaw. "You ready?" She asked him. She paused, her eyes filed with concern. "Please try not to get hurt, okay?" she turned around and peered through the bushes.

@Mentallyunstable

Last edited by Confuzzled.Lynx; April 30th, 2020 at 07:39 PM.
Old April 30th, 2020, 08:10 PM
sadly, I exist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynxpaw View Post
(It's okay)

Thornpaw stopped at the border and turned around."I can hear snarling" she told Blackpaw. "You ready?" She asked him. She paused, her eyes filed with concern. "Please try not to get hurt, okay?" she turned around and peered through the bushes.

@Mentallyunstable
Blackpaw nodded, “wasn’t planning on it.”

Old April 30th, 2020, 09:11 PM

My Mood: Yeehaw

Hickorystump watched Dawnstripe hurried off in search of her prey. So much for leading this patrol he thought. He quickly reminded himself that as long as the she-cat put her claws where her mouth was, there wouldn't be a problem. He simply nodded towards the apprentices before he disappeared into the brush.

Opening his mouth to taste the air, it wasn't long before he scented a mouse. He pressed his body down and silently moved forward, and before the creature could realize he was there he was upon it. After a quick thanks to Starclan and a bury he was on to the next one.

He walked a little longer to find a blackbird hopping along the ground in search of it's own food. He did almost the same thing as when he caught the mouse, creeping along the ground towards the bird until he was close enough. With one large bound he pounced and quickly killed it before it could make any noise. Not long after he heard Dawnstripe call to the apprentices and carried his catch towards her voice.

Once he had neared Dawnstripe and Sparrowpaw he dropped his prey and turned to the apprentice. "Not bad," he meowed, dipping his head towards the squirrel, "That'll definitely feed a belly." Though his voice was even and almost monotone, his eyes shone at the apprentice.

@Powder @Cörruptly @Undertaker
Old May 1st, 2020, 12:20 AM
Online 12pm to 1pm ct

My Mood: Queenly

Shadeclaw stalked a frog carefully. He lowered his body to the ground preparing to pounce on the frog. The tom pounced on his prey killing it with his sharp claws. Picking it up with his teeth. The tom sighed looking for someone to hunt with.

If I smile with my teeth, Bet you believe me, If I smile with my teeth, I think I believe me. ~Paramore

“Well, I'm more lopsided than a one-legged badger.” ~Graypaw

Last edited by Snowstripe; May 1st, 2020 at 12:22 AM.
Old May 1st, 2020, 10:48 AM
on an indefinite hiatus

My Mood: Psychedelic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ombre Party View Post

The white tom listened to the she-cats story. That was... terrible. Why couldn’t some cats grow up, be responsible, and actually teach their apprentice? What a novel Idea. He thought, biting back the words. Great StarClan, Rabbithop was grouchy today. Maybe a walk through the forest will fix that. He thought. When the younger she-cat made her bet, he looked skeptically after her with a good-natured laugh. “Alright hot shot! Show me what you got.” He chuckled and waited for a few moments after she disappeared to follow her. Rabbithop followed quietly, breathing in the fresh air of the land and flowers around him. A walk truly was what he needed. He’d been pent up in camp too long, away from the forest where his paws could thrum against the land while he ran, and because of it he had become slightly grouchy. I’m glad I haven’t taken it out on Freezepaw. She hasn’t done anything and I don’t need her to be angry with me. He thought. It seemed all his thoughts were about keeping the peace between his apprentice and him, but he felt he would grow out of it when he got more comfortable with her. Rabbithop shook the ideas away; he needed to focus on watching Freezepw’s hunt And taking note of the young she-cat’s hunting technique.

"Alright... scenting first. I've got that." Freezepaw hadn't been quite properly trained on how to hunt, but she'd watched enough warriors teach their own apprentices, and had picked up a few things on her own. So she assumed this would be easy-peasy. Freezepaw scented the air, quickly pinpointing the scent of a frog. Ew... but it's prey I suppose. Dropping down, Freezepaw began at a quick and soft pace towards the scent, until she could spot it, sunning itself on top of a flat stone. Freezepaw had come up behind a decaying log, allowing for her to hide her brighter colored pelt a little easier. Taking a breath, Freezepaw quickly judged the distance before crouching, and then flinging herself forward, paws outstretched. Her claws scraped the rock as she landed on the frog, a claw catching it so it couldn't hop away. She quickly gave it a bite, proud of her catch. First try, and first one! Freezepaw didn't know why she'd doubted her abilities, it was a cat's instinct to hunt wasn't it? So it was in her blood. She could do this perfectly fine!
Turning, Freezepaw opened her mouth to scent for another piece of prey, catching the trail of a squirrel. Smirking, Freezepaw turned to go and follow the trail, intent on this next catch.

Character Site
--
See the bottom of this page here for characters available to RP.
I respond to rps on Tuesdays, Friday mornings, and Sundays.
Old May 1st, 2020, 02:26 PM
Reach For The Stars

Status: finishing the school year & attempting to write a book
My Mood: Breezy

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedHead View Post

"Alright... scenting first. I've got that." Freezepaw hadn't been quite properly trained on how to hunt, but she'd watched enough warriors teach their own apprentices, and had picked up a few things on her own. So she assumed this would be easy-peasy. Freezepaw scented the air, quickly pinpointing the scent of a frog. Ew... but it's prey I suppose. Dropping down, Freezepaw began at a quick and soft pace towards the scent, until she could spot it, sunning itself on top of a flat stone. Freezepaw had come up behind a decaying log, allowing for her to hide her brighter colored pelt a little easier. Taking a breath, Freezepaw quickly judged the distance before crouching, and then flinging herself forward, paws outstretched. Her claws scraped the rock as she landed on the frog, a claw catching it so it couldn't hop away. She quickly gave it a bite, proud of her catch. First try, and first one! Freezepaw didn't know why she'd doubted her abilities, it was a cat's instinct to hunt wasn't it? So it was in her blood. She could do this perfectly fine!
Turning, Freezepaw opened her mouth to scent for another piece of prey, catching the trail of a squirrel. Smirking, Freezepaw turned to go and follow the trail, intent on this next catch.
Rabbithop heard the she-cat muttering to herself but he didn't mind. Though he was too far away to hear what she said, he wasn't worried. It was clear the apprentice was hard on the trail of something, and Rabbithop quickly scented a frog. You can do this! He wanted to call out, but that would both ruin her chances of hunting the frog and their tentative peace as they began to hunt. Ears perked, Rabbithop watched her with alert eyes. He broke through a small clump of ferns to see the frog hanging from her jaws, and pride sparking in her gaze, and he couldn't help but smirk. The daft furball He thought, stifling a small laugh. I'll have to remember her not to get to cocky. He thought, inwardly shaking his head while a smile lit his maw. Rabbithop padded after her as she caught the scent of another piece of prey, eyes intent as she padded forward for her next prey. Rabbithop looked up at the trees and, deciding to have a better view from above, leapt up the closest tree silently. He hopped silently and quickly from tree branch to tree branch, slowing down once he realized what Freezepaw was stalking was a squrriel. I hope I don't scare it away and ruin her hunt. He thought with a small frown, hunkering down on the branch to watch his apprentice's hunt.

"Shoot for the Moon. Even if you miss, you'll land among the stars." -Les Brown

Stars, I have seen them fall,
But when they drop and die
No star is lost at all
From all the star-sown sky

Old May 1st, 2020, 06:14 PM
Still staring nervously

Bump Policy: Currently after 4 days!
My Mood: Dreaming

Nightpaw's ears perked up at the sound of his voice- ah yes, so she was close to below him! Ofcourse she could be wrong, but it sounded like the other apprentices' voice came from above, close above. So the mollu was relatively confident her assumption was right. "yes ple-please, I th-think i-i'm be-belo-ow you" she mew, now finally being able to glance up. She practically found him after all. Because of all the leaves the young apprentice was unable to clearly tell wether or not he really was in that tree, or even on the said branch, but it did seem like there was a slight movement within the tree's leafs. It was most likely just a soft breeze that came by, almost surely actually, but it could just as well be Frostpaw moving a little, or so she'd like to think.
The apprentice, like always, sat down again in her usual tail-over-paws position, with a smile across her maw for when the tom had come down. It was needless to say that she was feeling a bit a proud. Last time she had been unable to find her mentor, but now she had- or was atleast close to- finding Frostpaw.
@bmkmb