Go Back   Warrior Cats Online > Main Warriors Roleplay > ShadowClan > ShadowClan Events

Allegiances

ThunderClan
Leader: Bumblestar
Deputy: Spiderthroat
Medicine Cats:
 Drizzlecloud, Springlight

ShadowClan
Leader
Dawnstar
Deputy
: Mistlewhisker
Medicine Cat: Mossfreckle

Medicine Cat Apprentice: Grousepaw

RiverClan
Leader
: Fadingsun
Deputy:
Dusklion
Medicine Cat: Mistyshard

Medicine Cat Apprentice:
Berrypaw

WindClan
Leader
Twilightstar
Deputy: None
Medicine Cat: Lightningstorm
Medicine Cat Apprentice: None

Recent Threads
Count-Down Until A Staff...
Last post by Bean
Today 11:32 PM
Atari- Venn, Nymm, and...
by Hound
Last post by Hound
Today 11:20 PM
Atari- Venn, Nymm, and...
by Hound
Last post by Hound
Today 11:20 PM
ThunderClan Healing Event...
by iliri
Last post by iliri
Today 11:05 PM
ThunderClan Medicine Cat's...
by dino.
Last post by Bean
Today 10:48 PM
Closed Thread

Old April 8th, 2022, 11:58 PM
Raven

Bump Policy: 3 days | 2 days Time Sensitive
My Mood: Pensive

Default Re: Go the Distance [SHC EVENT]

**Sunsetpaw**

The golden apprentice limped in through the camp entrance though she wasn't sure which paw was the sorest and thus her limp was uneven and alternating. Just as soon as she'd sat down in the middle of the clearing, she saw her father walk over and look over the remaining cats. She sighed exhaustedly at Elmshadow's order to rest for the day. She was sure she'd never needed a rest as much as she did right at that moment. Her frustratingly withered strength was affecting her stamina. Her muscles protested as she struggled to pull herselff back up to her paws. On shaky legs she made her way gingerly to the apprentice's den. She felt herself drop into a deep sleep as soon as her chin hit the nest.

Active Purrks
Elmshadow - The Collector
Cougarivy - Beefed Up
Sunsetpaw - Biligual, Flock Together:Tier 2
- - - - -
Character Site
- - - - -
Elmshadow
- - - - -
Shadowclan Healing
Old April 12th, 2022, 08:29 AM

My Mood: Stressed

|| Centipedepaw | @Rippleshade ||

Cactuspelt's facial expression broadcasted her unease, betraying a lack of confidence—something which Centipedepaw hoped to use to his advantage. If a full grown warrior thought he was a threat... then he'd need to prove her right. The sooty apprentice refused to go down without a fight that's make Cactuspelt think twice before she ever targeted him again.

He kept light on his paws, attempting to shift his stance so that Cactuspelt remained in his line of sight at all times. The warrior was nimble; for eacha attempt at striking near her hindquarters, she whipped just out of range, matching Centipedepaw step for step in their wary dance. She darted forward—he reared back. Centipedepaw snaked toward her tail—Cactuspelt feinted away, leaving air between his fangs.

Breath dragged in and out of Centipede's lungs. If there was anything that Cactus certainly had more of than him—at least at this point in his training—it was endurance. He was still merely an apprentice: young and inexperienced. It was only a matter of time before his exhaustion caught up... and Cactuspelt successfully sank her teeth into his legs.

Not deep enough to hurt—this was an exercise, after all, not a battle. Nevertheless Centipede sucked in a sharp breath at the unexpected sting of pain. When the next bite came for his tail, he'd sigh in defeat before giving the warrior who'd singled him out a grudging nod of respect.

Time to start collecting prey and bringing it back to camp. Perhaps the dark-furred tom wasn't too bitter about the opportunity to collect his thoughts and relax the racing of his heart.

|| Hornetpaw | @NinjaBloss ||

The instant that Hornetpaw froze, he sensed the thing stalking him still its movement as well—effectively blending it into the nondescript landscape around them. His pulse thumped harder in his veins. Mousedung. He shouldn't have let his anxiety get the better of him... Hornet should have maintained awareness on his follower—if he even truly had one—while keeping his pace deliberate and relaxed, hoping for the other cat to give their position away. Unfortunately, there was nothing to be done for it now; time for a new plan.

Hornetpaw slowed his breathing so that the sound of his exhalations did not whistle in his ears. A few options presented themselves to his frantic mind: he could take off running—now that the illusion of stealth was shattered—and hope for the best, or he could wait a few more moments for his stalker to reveal themselves. Either way, Hornetpaw stood firmly in the position of "prey." He had no choice but to hold himself until his opponent made their first move—

An explosive burst of movement shattered the undergrowth. Massive paws reached for Hornet's hind. The dark ginger apprentice felt his heart contract painfully in his chest—fueled by adrenaline—and then the giant form of Badgerscar was crashing into him.

Hornetpaw was crushed to his stomach, abdomen flat on the earth to leave him with scant centimeters to somehow prize his way to freedom. He attempted to twist—to wrench his spine to the dirt so that he could kick the large warrior off with his back paws—but Badgerscar had already bitten the apprentice's angrily lashing tail. Incredulous rage flared in Hornet's chest. He'd barely given the older tom a fight at all. And when his furious eyes searched for Badger's tail—wondering if he'd had any chance to win—he noticed how the warrior had wound his banner protectively around his leg to prevent any easy strikes.

A harsh laugh lept from the boy's mouth. "Wow. I'm an idiot." Sarcastic derision helped cool the sting of defeat. He glared up at Badgerscar, still splayed in the soil, bitten tail whipping the ground. "How did you know that I knew you were there? What was I supposed to do?"

He speaks it sullenly, accusingly... but at the core of it, Hornetpaw was genuinely asking for advice. He never wanted to give someone such a poor fight ever again—especially not in front of someone as venerated as Badgerscar in the clan.

Whatever advice Badgerscar decided to give him—if any—Hornet would listen as respectfully as he could with anger yet etching his face. Then he'd dip his head in farewell to the warrior and find his brother to help bring their kills back to camp; they'd all earned a decent meal and a long, long nap.

ʙᴜsʏ ᴡɪᴛʜ sᴄʜᴏᴏʟ, ʙᴜᴛ ᴡᴏᴜʟᴅ ʟᴏᴠᴇ ᴛᴏ ᴡʀɪᴛᴇ | ʙᴜᴍᴘ ᴍᴇ ᴀғᴛᴇʀ 4 ᴅᴀʏs
If you use bright colors in your posts, I will not read them ♡
Old April 12th, 2022, 09:23 AM
Blasphemy!

My Mood: Devilish

@xath "I-I... I did something useful!" She was ecstatic. She hadn't really been very good at fighting, and she never will be great at it, but she beat someone in battle training! This is only the second time this had ever happened. "Thank you so so so much for training with me, apprentice. I really need this."
Vine (Outsider)
Mintleaf (RC)
bump me after 36 hours ig
Dont click this link:
https://www.sanfransentinel.com/wco-pf-but-its-sus.html
Pronouns: I don't care anymore I prefer not to think about it
Old April 12th, 2022, 10:21 AM

My Mood: Stressed

|| Centipedepaw | @Rippleshade ||

The sooty apprentice had not expected Cactuspelt to be so... grateful for defeating him. She went from nervous to brilliantly happy, joy practically sparkling off her, confidence blooming. Rather than feeling embarrassed, Centipedepaw felt somewhat... glad? Catctuspelt was a clanmate, one of his own, and seeing her take so much pride from a successful move had him smiling uncertainly back at her. "Next time... won't go easy," he joked, tripping over his rarely used voice. Since he was unable to hear his own words, each syllable came out slighty distorted; Centipede hoped that Cactus understood him regardless. "Train again sometime?"

He couldn't help signing simultaneously, his paw motions and facial expressions fluid as he asked. Perhaps he and the warrior could improve one another's techniques in the future.

ʙᴜsʏ ᴡɪᴛʜ sᴄʜᴏᴏʟ, ʙᴜᴛ ᴡᴏᴜʟᴅ ʟᴏᴠᴇ ᴛᴏ ᴡʀɪᴛᴇ | ʙᴜᴍᴘ ᴍᴇ ᴀғᴛᴇʀ 4 ᴅᴀʏs
If you use bright colors in your posts, I will not read them ♡
Old April 12th, 2022, 10:27 AM
Blasphemy!

"Yes, I think we shall. I NEED it."
Vine (Outsider)
Mintleaf (RC)
bump me after 36 hours ig
Dont click this link:
https://www.sanfransentinel.com/wco-pf-but-its-sus.html
Pronouns: I don't care anymore I prefer not to think about it
Old April 12th, 2022, 10:29 AM
Engaged to Moonraven

Bump Policy: 24 hours

Badgerscar couldn't help the satisfied smirk that bloomed on his muzzle as Hornetpaw went down under him, trapped beneath his large paws. He nipped the apprentice's tail before he could get his bearings, waiting a moment for them to stop struggling before stepping off of them. He was a bit disappointed at the lack of challenge that Hornetpaw had given him after performing so well in the other tasks, but he couldn't be too harsh. The dark ginger tom would have to be exhausted after everything before this portion which meant he wouldn't be in top shape to fend off someone like Badgerscar.

"That you were, but at least you realize it," the tabby rumbled as his blue eyes watched Hornetpaw closely. This wasn't the brother that his former apprentice, Ivysnake, was training, but he still held some interest for the ShadowClan warrior. If Hornetpaw worked hard enough he could become one of the ShadowClan legends just like himself, and a loyal member of Dawnstar's family. Plus, the brat didn't had an ego which made Badgerscar much more inclined to give him advice.

"When you suddenly froze I suspected you had sensed me. You either should have kept walking like nothing was wrong while subtly keeping a look out, or take a moment to look around and then continue as if you had dispelled your own worries. If your attacker thinks you saw them, but then you continue on as if you thought it was your own imagination, then they're more likely to make a mistake when they continue to follow you. Continuing to stand in one place is the worst thing you could do. Even taking off at a sprint would be better, because if someone was stalking you then it would force them out of their hiding place to chase you and you could see what you were up against."

Badgerscar didn't give advice about the actual fight part considering one didn't really happen. The second the large tabby had managed to grab Hornetpaw it was over. He was much more skilled than the apprentice and outweighed him, there was nothing Hornetpaw could have done to cause a different outcome after that.

"You and Centipedepaw are brothers, correct?" he asked, remembering how he had watched them communicate so easily and seemed to do almost everything together. Or they were best friends, but that seemed more unlikely. "You both have potential if you get the right training. Find me sometime and I might just have some tips for the both of you." It was an open offer, they could take it or leave it if they wanted, but the warrior hoped they weren't stupid enough to not take him up on it. Badgerscar wanted to have a paw in their future, a claim over the legends the two apprentices would become with the right guidance, though ultimately it was up to them whether they succeeded or not.

With the offer given the large tabby turned, whisking away once more into the shadows before Hornetpaw had the chance to ask anything else. He couldn't be cool and mysterious if he gave the ginger apprentice all the answers after all.

@xath
Closed Thread