Last post by hiraeth
Today 12:56 AM

Old April 2nd, 2017, 02:21 PM
✴rewrite the stars✴

My Mood: Fine

Default Re: SkyClan Clearing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pathos View Post
Acornflash blinked, instantly shameful for his unconscious actions that may have caused Greystep's mortification. The one thing he'd been trying to avoid; making the other tom more nervous than he already seemed to be. "Oh, no, don't worry about it! Y-You're fine," he responded quickly, hoping to dismiss any other feelings of discomfort. He always seemed to do something, whether it be the slightest twitch of his paws or something he had said aloud that made others nervous. Really, it heightened how uncomfortable he was when he did something potentially embarrassing. At Greystep's shuffle towards him—and away from him—his head tilted slightly to the right, confusion flashing across his hues before it was replaced with a sudden realization. Acornflash was pretty comfortable with physical contact, but by the look of Greystep, it didn't seem like he would like it as much.

Despite his aversion to cats outside of SkyClan, he seemed perfectly fine talking to cats he hadn't even met before inside of the Clan. Maybe seeing them around often enough helped him to calm down before actually interacting with them. "Everybody's weird in some way!" he persisted, determined to make sure Greystep didn't feel completely out of place in his home. Acornflash assumed that he was born here, and even if he wasn't, he still had enough strength to keep living in the Clan with the very cats who teased him. "And besides, you shouldn't listen to those cats! They don't know what they're talking about," he meowed, a look of resolution on his face. He softened a little at Greystep's next question, but a faint shadow of Acornflash's decision to make him welcome lingered.

"Ah—no, I haven't. I don't really like outsiders..." Acornflash paused, looking at Greystep as if the brown tom was having a debate in his head and only the larger tom could resolve it. After a moment, he sighed and glanced to the right, opening his mouth to continue. He still seemed conflicted. "I can't really remember it well, 'cause it was a long time ago, but as a kit, this... cat... kidnapped me or something for a little while. She was kinda scary..." His speech had slowed somewhat; he was actually thinking about what he said this time around. For a moment after he had finished speaking, he looked almost defeated in some strange aspect. Straightening his shoulders, he added on to what he had said. "But! That's all in the past now, heh. I just don't really like cats who aren't in SkyClan, I guess. They kinda remind me of that cat." He had started talking much faster again, almost unbearably so. It was like whenever he wanted to fix something, he spoke too fast for some to comprehend, and when he got worried, he spoke at a normal pace. A little odd, of course, but then again, nothing seemed strange to Acornflash anymore.
Acornflash seemed like such a lovely cat. Greystep felt bad, making him deal with the tom who wasn't exactly desirable company... the tom wasn't exactly what might be called a cat who would fit in places. He definitely didn't feel like he belonged here most of the time. And sure, he had the sweet feline who was like his daughter, Splotchfeather... he had Owlwing... and maybe someday he would have Acornflash as a friend as well. He wasn't quite sure about it. The tom didn't really know whether or not the tom would want to be around him for a long, long time. He shifted his weight again, looking at the younger cat before him almost nervously. To be honest, embarassment was one of the things that was most strong in Greystep's life. He was constantly being embarassed, whether it was by himself or someone else's actions. Sometimes he would watch things going on in the clearing and cringe at the uncomfortableness of them. How was it that there were so many things going wrong with the Clan at this time?

Or, honestly...Clans. As he had found out not too long ago. There were other Clans...there were cats living there in the same lifestyle as SkyClan, with a leader and deputy and medicine cat... how was that possible? He couldn't quite wrap his mind around it no matter how hard he tried. What did Acornflash think of it? There being other Clans? He already knew that the other tom didn't like the Dusk Syndicate. And frankly? Greystep didn't blame him at all. Those cats were the scariest he had ever had the misfortune to encounter, and he hoped to never see them again. If he were to live for another forty moons and never see a Dusk Syndicate cat, he would be absolutely thrilled. How big was the age difference between the two toms? Greystep guessed it wasn't too bad, not more then ten moons or so-- that wasn't horrible. He and Splotchfeather were twenty moons apart, and perhaps if he were younger, things would be different. But as it was, she was more like a daughter to him then anything else.

The daughter he had never had-- nor would get to have. Maybe she and Acornflash would meet someday, they seemed like the two of them would be perfectly good friends. The tom's ears picked up as he heard the younger one's more confident sounding voice again. To be honest, he wasn't sure whether he believed the words coming from the chestnut cat's maw or not. Everyone's weird in their own way? What does that mean? He thought, cocking his head to the side. At least he was being a decent cat still. Greystep was half terrified that, given a chance, he would end up with a broken heart...not in the sense that he was in love with Acornflash, but more in the sense that he would run off and leave, making Greystep feel alone once more. Even Splotchfeather had other things to do so he couldn't be around her all the time. Nor could he be around Owlwing a lot of the time either, considering she was busy as well. "W-what if t-th-they do?" He asked in a low voice, almost a whisper when he heard Acornflash's question.

Maybe they did know what they were talking about. Maybe he really was just a weird cat, a cat who didn't know what he was doing. The comfort that he felt around the tom was growing, not only because he was being so incredibly friendly but because his nervousness faded over time anyways. Something that he was both grateful for and cursed at the same time. "I mean...wh-what if they're r-ru-right? Wh-what if I-I-I re-real-really am j-just w-wuh-weird, an-and a n-nu-nobody..." Greystep's voice trailed off. He'd been hearing those words for most of his life. But saying them out loud? That really hurt. A nobody. He was a nobody, really. Most of the cats in the Clan were. They were just loyal warriors, doing their job. Nobody important. They were all nobodies, and Greystep? Well, he was just one of them. The most invisible nobody of all. Acornflash's story made Greystep's ears pick up and he listened intently. That would be really scary. Had the tom before him really been through that?

"W-wu-wow. That's... that m-muh-must have b-bu-been t-terrifying. G-glad you're in S-Sku-SkyClan n-nu-now."
He spoke. He had stopped repeating his sentences, wondering if Acornflash could still understand what he was saying. It seemed to make sense! Didn't it? He was able to understand it perfectly, and Owlwing had been able to, but she was special. Splotchfeather just hadn't cared. And Acornflash? Well, Greystep was still trying to figure that much out.

I mentioned on my profile that I was starting over. A fresh start is best for me right now; I've created quite a few new characters, and they will all be on my site, but not all will be used in roleplay right away. it's likely I'll bring them in more gradually.

Last edited by Fawn; May 6th, 2017 at 07:12 PM.
Old April 3rd, 2017, 12:41 AM
It’s ya boi nighty

My Mood: Queenly

@Marble

Cliffheart exited the medicine cats den, after taking a last dose of herbs to soothe the lasting pain in his hind leg. He was so sick and tired of his leg right now, he was ready to cut it off and be done with it. What with the rout urea ligament, the permanently twisted lower section, he was done. His Starclan forsaken leg was causing him so much trouble, trouble that kept him from serving his Clan, from being around his mate, from going on long relaxing hunts in the territory, from running care free. It was a hindrance to him, even if his mate said its what made him, him. He knew it weighed him down, and half the problem was was that he let himself weigh him down. He had always beat himself up over it, and he doubted he would ever stop. Why had Atarclan given him these two, strongly contrasted things? They had given him one, a passion to serve, to love, and to care for his Clan above all else. And two, a dumb, twisted paw who only slowed him down and held him back. Seriously? Did they Ike playing curl jokes or something? He was over it, ready to be done.
~~ I’m trying to come back. All my character will be scrapped and I’ll be starting over. Some of my characters will remain in Starclan, all my main ones. They’re open for roleplay if you would like that. Other than that I’m starting over completely. ~~
Old April 3rd, 2017, 05:21 PM
I’m full of it

Bump Policy: Every 2 days!
My Mood: Sleepy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nighty View Post
@Marble

Cliffheart exited the medicine cats den, after taking a last dose of herbs to soothe the lasting pain in his hind leg. He was so sick and tired of his leg right now, he was ready to cut it off and be done with it. What with the rout urea ligament, the permanently twisted lower section, he was done. His Starclan forsaken leg was causing him so much trouble, trouble that kept him from serving his Clan, from being around his mate, from going on long relaxing hunts in the territory, from running care free. It was a hindrance to him, even if his mate said its what made him, him. He knew it weighed him down, and half the problem was was that he let himself weigh him down. He had always beat himself up over it, and he doubted he would ever stop. Why had Atarclan given him these two, strongly contrasted things? They had given him one, a passion to serve, to love, and to care for his Clan above all else. And two, a dumb, twisted paw who only slowed him down and held him back. Seriously? Did they Ike playing curl jokes or something? He was over it, ready to be done.
Lynxtuft's little stubby tail gave a teeny flick as he padded in through the gorse tunnel leading to the Heart of skyclan. Broken and disturbed thicket covered most of his body while grass was embedded deep within the Japanese bobtails fur. Holding nothing but a forlorn look plastered on his bi coloured face. He almost seemed distraught, which in all truth seemed like an under statement at this point. Taking catious steps the Tom made his way into the clearing, avoiding the heavy looks from warriros and apprentices around him. If I didn't have this useless stump on the end of my rear I wouldn't be like this, I wouldn't trip, I could climb, I could run. I could hunt, I could do everything the warrior code tells me to do if it wasn't for this. he thought bluntly kicking a pebble with his front left paw in utter frustration. The feline hung his head as he passed by the fresh kill pile, he didn't deserve to eat. Hence the looks he received so very often. Just as he was about to slink into the warriors den to settle his mind when a feline caught his eye. Cliffheart. Lynxtuft never formally met him nor cared to do so until about a few sunrise ago, though he wasn't the particular Tom lynxtuft would be found socializing with all the time which was why lynxtuft was staring blankly you could tell there where multiple emotions. He was obviously envious of the Tom and his talents. Though he had heard of that twisted paw of his he knew the spirit of starclan seemed to rest on his shoulders every waking moment, showering him with pride and the eagerness to please. It was envy that forced Lynxtuft to gawk over him, to make him wish he had that much faith when it really wasn't there. It was time he actually introduced himself perhaps. Just to get over it... Just to make sure cliffheart wasn't better than him. Mid step lynxtuft turned toward cliffheart. Wearing a loose smile. It was all he could process as of now, guilt, envy and anger where still clear in his mind preventing any sociable productivity. Now it was obvious lynxtuft was heading for cliffheart and there was no Turing back now, "Hello. Fine evening isn't it?" suddnely lynxtuft felt like digging a claw into his right forearm. What was that? Talking about the wether that's not why I'm here?! Ugh. I'm so stupid. He thought with exhaustion aimed directly at himself as the source.

Go here for general finder or here for kit finder

|| Rabbit || Singepaw || Goosecurl ||

“Avoiding unhappiness is not the road to happiness.”
François Lelord

Old April 4th, 2017, 02:56 AM
Might disappear again

My Mood: Lurking

Goldenpaw plucked a mouse from the pile and sat down. She look a bite out of it and sighed. I wish I had something to do!

Character Site

Old April 4th, 2017, 03:00 AM
back from the dead

Bump Policy: once or twice a day is fine
My Mood: Spooky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flameleaf View Post

Goldenpaw plucked a mouse from the pile and sat down. She look a bite out of it and sighed. I wish I had something to do!
Blizzardsnow walked into the camp, a squirrel and a mouse dangling from his jaws. He dropped the squirrel on the pile and kept the mouse for himself. As he sat down, he noticed an apprentice picking up a bit of prey. He yawned and ate his meal. When the newly-made warrior was finished, he walked up behind the apprentice and meowed, "hello there."
Old April 4th, 2017, 03:04 AM
Might disappear again

Goldenpaw jumped at the sound of Blizzardsnow's voice. Startled, she turned around. "Hi," She meowed. "I was just looking for something to do."

Character Site

Last edited by Tundra; April 4th, 2017 at 03:05 AM.
Old April 4th, 2017, 03:11 AM
back from the dead

Bump Policy: once or twice a day is fine
My Mood: Spooky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flameleaf View Post
Goldenpaw jumped at the sound of Blizzardsnow's voice. Startled, she turned around. "Hi," She meowed. "I was just looking for something to do."
"Something to do?" He meowed, thinking for a moment. Might as well be something productive, he thought. "How about we go hunt? You can do that, can't you?"
Old April 4th, 2017, 03:14 AM
Might disappear again

Goldenpaw narrowed her eyes. "Well of course I can hunt!" She meowed. "Come on, let's go!"

Switch to territory)

Character Site

Old April 5th, 2017, 05:40 PM
it be like that sometimes

My Mood: Unpredictable

An ebony she-cat padded briskly around the camp, icy blue hues looking around everywhere. The clan had settled quite well into the clan and it was getting quite hard to keep up with everyone and everything. For the deputy though, duties seemed to be coming together and being completed with ease.
Auroraflame slowed to a slow walk as she realised that most things were in order. As she reached a more deserted part of the clearing, the she-cat finally stopped walking and took her time to sit down, wrapping her tail around her paws as a faint smile grew on her maw.
Now that all her work was done, the deputy longed more than ever to talk to someone. Her duties had been keeping her busy but she had always managed to spare a little time for friends and family. However, now that she was completely free, she wanted to use her time wisely and have a nice chat with someone.
Perhaps she should go hunting? But then again, the idea didn't really appeal to her since her paws were already being overworked. Maybe she should go to Ebonypaw and see if she could help her put her paws at ease? No, she didn't want to bother the young cat, she was probably busy enough herself. Or maybe she should walk up to someone and start up a conversation with them? But then again, as she scanned the clearing with her icy gaze, she found that most cats were either occupied or doing something that showed they didn't eant to be disturbed. The she-cat felt herself letting out a shallow sigh, was there really no one to talk to?

@Duskflight

Enjoy the good times <3 because something terrible is probably about to happen

Old April 5th, 2017, 11:26 PM
Everything Stays~

My Mood: Inspired

@turtle
Greytail sat up from his nest and streched then padded out of the warriors den, some of his 'friends' had asked him if he wanted to go on a patrol of course he declined, the tom had gotten quite distant to many of his friends since his thoughts had been very mixed and not very nice thoughts he had already lost many of his friends to his anxiety a lot of the time he had just yelled at them this had been caused because of a thought that had come to him a few moons ago even now the thought echoed in his head Do they Really
care? or even what to be my friend?
, shaking his head the grey tom decided he would spend today trying to sort his thought maybe find some true friends Greytail let his paws guide him to the prey pile looking at all the delicious pieces of prey, he shoved his muzzle into the pile and picked up a small vole not one of his favourite meals to eat but it would do he began to walk and sat near a small tree giving him some sort of shade.
(sorry its short!)
| WIP Character Site!|

Last edited by ~Masked~; April 5th, 2017 at 11:27 PM.