Go Back   Warrior Cats Online > Main Warriors Roleplay > RiverClan

Notice
Please make sure to read this important policy change and reminder!
Allegiances

ThunderClan
Leader: Bumblestar
Deputy: Spiderthroat
Medicine Cat: Wolfpaw
Medicine Cat Apprentice: None

ShadowClan
Leader
Dawnstar
Deputy
: Mistlewhisker
Medicine Cat: Mossfreckle

Medicine Cat Apprentice: Grousepaw

RiverClan
Leader
: Dusklion
Deputy:
None
Medicine Cat: None

Medicine Cat Apprentice:
Berrypaw

WindClan
Leader
Twilightstar
Deputy:
Crowtooth
Medicine Cat: Lightningstorm
Medicine Cat Apprentice: Rabbitpaw

Recent Threads
RiverClan Clearing
by BEAR.
Last post by Fish
Today 06:00 PM
Distant Storms [p]
Last post by GreenTheGreat
Today 06:00 PM
RiverClan Leader's Den
by BEAR.
Last post by taillow
Today 05:58 PM
Icy Heartlands
by pidgeon
Last post by GreenTheGreat
Today 05:53 PM
Smothered in its cradle...
by Rani
Last post by Spider.
Today 05:50 PM

Old August 2nd, 2017, 02:23 PM
queeny ♬

My Mood: Queenly

Default Re: RiverClan Medicine's Cat Den

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charmer View Post
@Clover
@woly

Lucky woke up from her rest in the Riverclan medicine den, the pungent smell of fish and water in her nose. She still wasn't used to that scent, and it made her appreciate the piney, earth scent of Shadowclan territory. She had made it here after the floor with help from Daypaw, Ebonymist, and Goldeneye and miraculously had managed to slightly aggravate her shoulder wound. According to the Riverclan medicine cat, "Geckoleaf" it was inflamed, but amazingly not reopened. Her recovery was still right on schedule. She rested her head on her paws with a sigh. Out of one medicine den and into another.
Ears perking at her name, Geckoleaf rose, stiffly, and padded over to her patient, ears twitching lightly. "What seems to be the problem, Lucky?" she mewed, her tail swishing in anticipation of what seemed wrong. She surveyed the solid black molly, looking for the source of discomfort. She found what might have been it, but Lucky would have to verify; the shoulder wound, swollen and red, the skin stretched and shiny.

I belong with you,
you belong with me,
you're my sweetheart

character site; pending
Old August 2nd, 2017, 02:55 PM
Sigh...

My Mood: Hopeful

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clover View Post

Ears perking at her name, Geckoleaf rose, stiffly, and padded over to her patient, ears twitching lightly. "What seems to be the problem, Lucky?" she mewed, her tail swishing in anticipation of what seemed wrong. She surveyed the solid black molly, looking for the source of discomfort. She found what might have been it, but Lucky would have to verify; the shoulder wound, swollen and red, the skin stretched and shiny.
@woly
"Oh I'm doing fine all in all," Lucky said, not wanting to complain to much, "My shoulder is feeling the slightest bit stiff, but that's probably just from the trek from Shadowclan, right?" Lucky asked, nervousness creeping into her voice. Daypaw said it was healing well back at Shadowclan, but they were worried about it opening up so they had me staying in the den. Lucky began to unconsciously look around at her own mention of Daypaw. She hadn't seen pelt nor tail of the medicine cat since the evacuation. They're probably busy helping all the other cats, Lucky reasoned, kneading the earth anxiously as she tried to reassure herself.
Old August 2nd, 2017, 04:00 PM
whats up danger?

My Mood: Kingly

Quote:

Her eyes were deep with concern, knowing that Daypaw would gladly tromp right back into the water, slog through mud and sleet just to save an elder, to heal a paw. She let out a sigh; keeping Daypaw contained until they were healed would be quite the ordeal. At the least, she could begin to train them in the more delicate, advanced ways of healing. She spied the annoyed look on their face, and suppressed a huff; they'd just have to learn when to contain themselves but at the moment, that seemed far ways away. "Daypaw, I know that ShadowClan needs you, that your patients need healing. And that's why you have to stay here; if you try to go back up that hill, you will die. Your body was giving out, and even still you'll barely pull through. But exerting it... your lungs would fail from overuse, your wounds would open up, and you'd probably die from hypoxia. Just give it a break; you can still use your mind, right? I can still train you from here," she mewed, quietly, lips pursed. The thing is, she knew that, in their position, she'd run right back out into the frey, pull as many cats up through the water as she could, dive into the river and nearly suffocate to help those who couldn't swim. And to be forced to stay still, in a warm, dry den, would be infuriating. But Geckoleaf couldn't change Daypaw's biology to make them a supercat; she could only try to keep them alive. "Okay?"
"Okay." They gave a small huff, resting their head on Geckoleafs flank and closing their eyes. They tried not to think about it. They tried not to think of the storm, the water, the mud, the thunder, the lighting, the screaming, the crying. They tried to tune it all out. They were exhausted. They didnt like to sleep, tried to avoid it at all costs, but they needed it right now. They knew as soon that they fell asleep they would be greeted with a sleep depriving nightmare. But they tried not to think of it. Instead focusing on the fresh smell of herbs in the den that made their nose burn slightly in a good way, how dry and warm Geckoleafs pelt felt when they nuzzled their face in her thick fur. They had to rest. If they didnt, it would only delay the healing process which meant they would spend an even longer time in here. Their ears twitched, trying to block out the storm that was happening outside. They gave a small sigh, yawning,"Thank you," they paused for a moment in hesitation,"mom." They hadnt said that word in so long that it felt weird to say it. They didnt have the best relationship with their mother, often trying to avoid them at all costs. So Daypaw grew up raising themselves, its why they spoke older then what they were. It felt weird to be taken care of but perhaps they could get used to it.
Quote:
@woly
"Oh I'm doing fine all in all," Lucky said, not wanting to complain to much, "My shoulder is feeling the slightest bit stiff, but that's probably just from the trek from Shadowclan, right?" Lucky asked, nervousness creeping into her voice. Daypaw said it was healing well back at Shadowclan, but they were worried about it opening up so they had me staying in the den. Lucky began to unconsciously look around at her own mention of Daypaw. She hadn't seen pelt nor tail of the medicine cat since the evacuation. They're probably busy helping all the other cats, Lucky reasoned, kneading the earth anxiously as she tried to reassure herself.
@Clover
Daypaw was sitting in the den at their own nest that Geckoleaf had rested them in. They couldnt heal anycat as of now, but Daypaw was icthing to atleast do something. The most they could do right now is simply watch and learn. They were an apprentice but never had an official mentor, so it often felt like Daypaw was their own cat without anyone to listen to. It would be weird learning for once, but it was all they could do at the moment. They were glad Lucky was safe though from the mudslide, it calmed them a bit. Lucky was a kittypet they had found in Shadowclan territory. Though Daypaw kept her shut away in the den so no one would really find out about her. "She has wounds on her side healing from a dog attack aswel, I would check to make sure those havent reopened from the flood." they interrupted. Even if Daypaw didnt show it, they were protective of the kittypet. Wanting to make sure she got every bit if treatment she needed. "I applied Goldenrod and Dock for now, but it probably came off during the storm." They didnt know many herbs, basic ones for soothing scratches and along those lines.
Old August 2nd, 2017, 04:38 PM
Sigh...

Quote:
Originally Posted by woly View Post

@Clover
Daypaw was sitting in the den at their own nest that Geckoleaf had rested them in. They couldnt heal anycat as of now, but Daypaw was icthing to atleast do something. The most they could do right now is simply watch and learn. They were an apprentice but never had an official mentor, so it often felt like Daypaw was their own cat without anyone to listen to. It would be weird learning for once, but it was all they could do at the moment. They were glad Lucky was safe though from the mudslide, it calmed them a bit. Lucky was a kittypet they had found in Shadowclan territory. Though Daypaw kept her shut away in the den so no one would really find out about her. "She has wounds on her side healing from a dog attack aswel, I would check to make sure those havent reopened from the flood." they interrupted. Even if Daypaw didnt show it, they were protective of the kittypet. Wanting to make sure she got every bit if treatment she needed. "I applied Goldenrod and Dock for now, but it probably came off during the storm." They didnt know many herbs, basic ones for soothing scratches and along those lines.
@Clover

Lucky's ears perked up and she whipped her head around, noticing the Shadowclan medicine cat for the first time, "DAYPAW!!!" Lucky yowled with glee at seeing the cat she regarded as her savior again. She began to clamber out of her nest to run and greet the enby, but had barely made it to her feet when her shoulder and side surged with fresh pain, and she sank back down, wincing. "I have so much to tell you!" the little shecat prattled on, "I met a cat named Goldeneye who said he was something called a deputy and-" Lucky suddenly stopped, noticing Daypaw's physical condition for the first time. "You're hurt?!" the black she-cat exclaimed in horror, again straining to get to her paws.
Old August 3rd, 2017, 08:22 PM
whats up danger?

Quote:
@Clover

Lucky's ears perked up and she whipped her head around, noticing the Shadowclan medicine cat for the first time, "DAYPAW!!!" Lucky yowled with glee at seeing the cat she regarded as her savior again. She began to clamber out of her nest to run and greet the enby, but had barely made it to her feet when her shoulder and side surged with fresh pain, and she sank back down, wincing. "I have so much to tell you!" the little shecat prattled on, "I met a cat named Goldeneye who said he was something called a deputy and-" Lucky suddenly stopped, noticing Daypaw's physical condition for the first time. "You're hurt?!" the black she-cat exclaimed in horror, again straining to get to her paws.
Daypaw didnt like to admit they were hurt. They wanted to seem invincible, no sign of weakness. But they couldnt just push away almost dying. They couldnt push away falling down the mudslide. They couldnt push away the thoughts of the rain, the thunder, the screaming. They sighed,¨Im fine Lucky, dont worry about it."Their tone had the same roughness like usual. ¨Dont try to get out of your nest, youll only hurt yourself more."they wondered how Lucky had made it to Riverclan camp. At the mention of the deputy they internally groaned. Daypaw had been keeping Lucky under the radar for now until she decided what she wanted to do, not caring to tell Halestar or Goldeneye about it. They were sure they would hear something now.
Old August 3rd, 2017, 09:31 PM
Sigh...

Quote:
Daypaw didnt like to admit they were hurt. They wanted to seem invincible, no sign of weakness. But they couldnt just push away almost dying. They couldnt push away falling down the mudslide. They couldnt push away the thoughts of the rain, the thunder, the screaming. They sighed,¨Im fine Lucky, dont worry about it."Their tone had the same roughness like usual. ¨Dont try to get out of your nest, youll only hurt yourself more."they wondered how Lucky had made it to Riverclan camp. At the mention of the deputy they internally groaned. Daypaw had been keeping Lucky under the radar for now until she decided what she wanted to do, not caring to tell Halestar or Goldeneye about it. They were sure they would hear something now.
Lucky hesitated but reluctantly sank back into the nest with a sullen, "Yes Daypaw." The enby said they were fine, but Lucky could pretty easily see that this was the farthest away she'd ever seen Daypaw from fine. But, if Daypaw needed to put on a brave face, Lucky wouldn't complain so long as the medicine cat here in Riverclan took proper care of Daypaw. Besides, Lucky was just itching to share her news with the Shadowclan medicine cat. "After you left, Ebonymist carried me to safety then set me on a boulder so that she could go help other cats. But then all the cats started to move toward Riverclan and I couldn't find you or Ebonymist anywhere. I thought I was a goner for sure, but then a tom named Goldeneye, who said he was something called a deputy, helped me the rest of the way here. And here's the crazy part: he asked me if I wanted to stay in Shadowclan!"
Old August 5th, 2017, 12:26 AM
queeny ♬

Quote:
"Okay." They gave a small huff, resting their head on Geckoleafs flank and closing their eyes. They tried not to think about it. They tried not to think of the storm, the water, the mud, the thunder, the lighting, the screaming, the crying. They tried to tune it all out. They were exhausted. They didnt like to sleep, tried to avoid it at all costs, but they needed it right now. They knew as soon that they fell asleep they would be greeted with a sleep depriving nightmare. But they tried not to think of it. Instead focusing on the fresh smell of herbs in the den that made their nose burn slightly in a good way, how dry and warm Geckoleafs pelt felt when they nuzzled their face in her thick fur. They had to rest. If they didnt, it would only delay the healing process which meant they would spend an even longer time in here. Their ears twitched, trying to block out the storm that was happening outside. They gave a small sigh, yawning,"Thank you," they paused for a moment in hesitation,"mom." They hadnt said that word in so long that it felt weird to say it. They didnt have the best relationship with their mother, often trying to avoid them at all costs. So Daypaw grew up raising themselves, its why they spoke older then what they were. It felt weird to be taken care of but perhaps they could get used to it.
For a moment, her mind thought she heard Cricketpaw, skipping in from the clearing, laughing and grinning, calling her name, sometimes letting a "mother", or "mom" slip through. But it vanished just as quickly, a mirage wavering on the edge of her consciousness. Her blue eyes opened, and she stared down at Daypaw, wavering between whether to scream, cry, or nuzzle them gently. Could she really "adopt" another child; someone to fill the screaming void in her heart that so many had ripped out before? But she knew she couldn't just think of herself; she had to think of Daypaw. She knew they hadn't had an easy childhood, and now, being injured and wet, they certainly weren't having a break from it. Maybe they needed someone who could care for them, spoil them, or even just love them. "I'll sleep with you, sunshine. No nightmares will sneak past me, okay? And if they do, we'll fight them together." Geckoleaf knew it was a stupid, coddling thing to say, something appropriate more for a baby than an apprentice. But in the moment, she thought Daypaw would appreciate the sentiment, of knowing that someone was at least right there to help them. Gently, she curled her tail around Daypaw, her head resting against their neck, and waited for them to fall asleep.

I belong with you,
you belong with me,
you're my sweetheart

character site; pending
Old August 5th, 2017, 12:30 AM
queeny ♬

Quote:
Lucky hesitated but reluctantly sank back into the nest with a sullen, "Yes Daypaw." The enby said they were fine, but Lucky could pretty easily see that this was the farthest away she'd ever seen Daypaw from fine. But, if Daypaw needed to put on a brave face, Lucky wouldn't complain so long as the medicine cat here in Riverclan took proper care of Daypaw. Besides, Lucky was just itching to share her news with the Shadowclan medicine cat. "After you left, Ebonymist carried me to safety then set me on a boulder so that she could go help other cats. But then all the cats started to move toward Riverclan and I couldn't find you or Ebonymist anywhere. I thought I was a goner for sure, but then a tom named Goldeneye, who said he was something called a deputy, helped me the rest of the way here. And here's the crazy part: he asked me if I wanted to stay in Shadowclan!"
"Get back here!"Geckoleaf exclaimed, exasperated, taking the half-chewed herbs over to Lucky, rubbing the near-watery paste onto the wound; it was a mix that would bring down the inflammation, fight infection, and help to numb pain. Making sure it was thoroughly applied, she backed off, sighing, and padded away to her herb storage, knowing the two excitable friends would want to make up after the flood.

I belong with you,
you belong with me,
you're my sweetheart

character site; pending
Old August 5th, 2017, 12:57 AM
whats up danger?

Quote:
Quote:

"Get back here!"Geckoleaf exclaimed, exasperated, taking the half-chewed herbs over to Lucky, rubbing the near-watery paste onto the wound; it was a mix that would bring down the inflammation, fight infection, and help to numb pain. Making sure it was thoroughly applied, she backed off, sighing, and padded away to her herb storage, knowing the two excitable friends would want to make up after the flood.
Stay in Shadowclan? The thought crossed by Daypaws mind often. It seemed Lucky was fitting in well. They knew she would be a great addition to Shadowclan. She would be training to be a warrior, of course. The thought saddened Daypaw slightly. They didnt show it of course. But they enjoyed having Lucky constantly in the medcat den. Even if her jokes and puns were terrible, it made Daypaw feel less alone. But that would be selfish, to keep Lucky all to themself. ¨Have you decided if you wanted to join?¨ They would respect her desison either way. If it came down to it, Daypaw wouldnt mind walking Lucky back to her housefolk themself if thats what she wanted, even if Daypaw wanted her to stay. They looked up at Geckoleaf,¨She has trouble staying in her nest at times.¨
Quote:

For a moment, her mind thought she heard Cricketpaw, skipping in from the clearing, laughing and grinning, calling her name, sometimes letting a "mother", or "mom" slip through. But it vanished just as quickly, a mirage wavering on the edge of her consciousness. Her blue eyes opened, and she stared down at Daypaw, wavering between whether to scream, cry, or nuzzle them gently. Could she really "adopt" another child; someone to fill the screaming void in her heart that so many had ripped out before? But she knew she couldn't just think of herself; she had to think of Daypaw. She knew they hadn't had an easy childhood, and now, being injured and wet, they certainly weren't having a break from it. Maybe they needed someone who could care for them, spoil them, or even just love them. "I'll sleep with you, sunshine. No nightmares will sneak past me, okay? And if they do, we'll fight them together." Geckoleaf knew it was a stupid, coddling thing to say, something appropriate more for a baby than an apprentice. But in the moment, she thought Daypaw would appreciate the sentiment, of knowing that someone was at least right there to help them. Gently, she curled her tail around Daypaw, her head resting against their neck, and waited for them to fall asleep.
Daypaw couldnt think of when the last time they purred was. Things always seemed to be going so fast-so hectic that they could never truly relax. They have never felt so tired. But, they purred. They purred in pure contentment for the first time. They let their eyes flutter closed, their body relax under Geckoleafs touch. They didnt have a guard up, they didnt think about how many cats would need treatment in the morning. For right now they focused how dry they felt. How the herbs Geckoleaf had placed into their wounds were soothing them already. How the mollys fur felt softer then any nest, they burred there face in it. It as the first time they had ever been truly cared for. Someone to look after them for once. For Daypaw to be loved. Their breath grew softer, slowly going limp into a deep slumber. Their body didnt twitch, didnt shake, instead all you could feel were the small breaths they let out and the rise and fall of their sides. For the first time, they had a dreamless sleep.
Old August 5th, 2017, 12:47 PM
Sigh...

[QUOTE]
Quote:
Stay in Shadowclan? The thought crossed by Daypaws mind often. It seemed Lucky was fitting in well. They knew she would be a great addition to Shadowclan. She would be training to be a warrior, of course. The thought saddened Daypaw slightly. They didnt show it of course. But they enjoyed having Lucky constantly in the medcat den. Even if her jokes and puns were terrible, it made Daypaw feel less alone. But that would be selfish, to keep Lucky all to themself. ¨Have you decided if you wanted to join?¨ They would respect her desison either way. If it came down to it, Daypaw wouldnt mind walking Lucky back to her housefolk themself if thats what she wanted, even if Daypaw wanted her to stay. They looked up at Geckoleaf,¨She has trouble staying in her nest at times.¨
Quote:

Lucky flinched, her ears down as Geckoleaf strode over in a huff to rub more plants on her. "Sorry, Geckoleaf," the shecat murmured repentantly at the Riverclan medicine cat. Lucky briefly wondered if all medicine cats were cranky and if they were cranky before becoming medicine cats or if if becoming one somehow made them cranky. Would she become cranky if she became a medicine cat? She shook her head to clear her mind of these musings and turned back to Daypaw. "Um...not yet," Lucky admitted stirring her paw in the dirt. "I mean, my housefolk would miss me, but I...I actually really like it out here." She admitted. "And besides, I would miss you." Though she'd been in pain for the entirety of her stay so far, Lucky respected Daypaw immensely and not so secretly relished her time joking with and annoying the poor enby.

Last edited by Charmer; August 5th, 2017 at 12:48 PM.