Last post by Lightningpaw666
Today 04:21 AM
WindClan Nursery
by Ian
Last post by RamenThePigeon
Today 03:10 AM

Old May 8th, 2021, 02:45 AM
Queen of Pinnepeds

Status: Neck deep in wild animals at work and reports at Uni!
Bump Policy: 5-7 days before bumping please, Ive got work lol
My Mood: Sleepy

Default Re: The Starcave

The trek to the starcave was always a long and trying one (at least for the small medicine cat), nothing like a long stroll through the territory even if the distance was made comparable, the constant looking over shoulders for threats might add to it but that wasnt quite it. Maybe the sweeping wind they had to contend with? The distances from the clan they were reaching, or the sheer foreignness of the area? Or perhaps it was the destination because Snakeheart was never happy to be heading out here. So the medicine cats ears were pinned and eyes narrowed as he was buffeted by the wind, fur streaming.
"I suppose I did, with all the planning Lionstorm and I did to get us here but despite everything Im happy with the turn out. Theres more irritating cats to be out here with, and much less deserving or suited. Try and see the bright side of this you overlarge snappy fowl you'll be able to defend and improve riverclan however you see fit no more just sitting and grinding your teeth over not being able to do anything about the idiots. Plus its not like you'll ever be able to do any worse then Sootflare, the traitor. So you'll never have to worry about that at least."

For all his snark and rough edged words as the two made their way to that horrid cave Snakeheart was genuinely trying to reassure the warrior in his own strange way. This had to be a daunting task and while the medicine cat would be working to support the older tom in every way, from burnet to bolster strength before the two set off to a willingness to support him at every turn, his methods werent exactly refined. Still even with his attempts it was rather odd that the skinny tom was trying to help at all. Snakeheart tended to let cats deal with issues themselves only stepping in to yell at them when it effected others. But this was not the way the tom dealt with his family, Snakehearts mother and brothers got treated actual help. And at this point.... Kestrelwing was as close to family as any non blood related cat had ever gotten and while the medicine cat didnt know how to approach any of this or know what to think about it... Well he'd act anyway (bar maybe trying to groom him at random which happened quite a lot in the Fox family, the orange top valued his fur thanks.)

"No real clue if Im honest but let's be real this probably isnt going to work. All we really need to is hang around in the cave for a bit before going home and it'll be fine, the whole life thing has to be nothing but a giant scam to hammer home superiority. You can try it if you want but the only use of this tradition in my mind is keeping things stable. Once you get into the cave you'll see a giant shining rock just press your nose against it and take a nap and you'll ~dream about our dead ancestors~ . Fair warning sleeping in a random uncomfortable cave gives you weird dreams but its nothing special, Ill be hanging around looking for some herbs outside if you do want to try it though."
Despite all his snark it was actually a beautiful site, especially when the moon beams hit the stone, refracting the light but Snakeheart wasnt one to just sit and enjoy beauty. Still soon enough the cave entrance came into view, looming like a beasts maw and it was time.
@spade
Old May 8th, 2021, 09:31 AM
chirps

Snakeheart was right, and as much as the older tom really just wanted to curl up and nap, there was work to be done. Kestrelwing was in charge now. No more biting his tongue when things didn't go the way he wanted them to. No more silently curing the leadership that lacked the ability to handle dealing with tough situations. It was all in his paw now. And the help of Splashleap and Snakeheart, he would make sure that RiverClan rose to glory once more.

Briefly, Kestrelwing turned his maw to the darkening sky overhead. Was StarClan real? He didn't think so. But his mother... the thought of her just vanishing after her death made unease creep, so at least he believed in something. But with Firehawk's death hot on his mind, he wondered where the tom had gone. Had he just vanished as well? Or was he still around in the mind of Lionstorm, wherever the golden boy was?

Sucking in a deep breath, he set his shoulders back and started to pad forward. "Might as well try it. If anything, perhaps my mother will visit me like she did at Smallpines - and that will be enough for me." A determined look settled onto his face as he turned to glance at Snakeheart once last time, nodding, before disappearing into the cavern.

It was dark, yet the ground was lined with deep rooted pawprints signaling all of the cats who had come before him. A strange feeling enveloped him as he moved forward, whispers darting in and out of his ears. Kestrelwing growled a bit, tense and prepared to spring if he came across any attackers. But it wasn't that. Before he could see any threat, the gleam of a brilliant stone caught his attention. It glistened in the rising moonlight, and Kestrelwing was struck by the beauty of it.

It was time.

Almost instintively, hungry for a chance to perhaps see his mother, Kestrelwing closed the gap between himself and the stone, settling down in front of it. "Here goes nothing..." he sighed, pressing his nose to it.

In a flash the living world that surrounded him fell away, breaking off like frozen fractals and being replaced with a more serene landscape. Stars twinkled overhead as Kestrelwing rose to his paws, surrounded by an unfamiliar landscape.

"Hello? Mother?"

- - -

[ alrighty so this is the start of the lives! i'm going to let everyone get their posts in, then do a mass Kestrelwing reaction at the end! the order is as follows:

Life One: Perseverance by Birchpaw [ @Jackpot ]
Life Two: Trust by Honeybee [ @Zesty Mango ]
Life Three: Confidence by Melonpaw [ @Rxmulus ]
Life Four: Retribution by Blossomclaw [ @Papaya ]
Life Five: Ferocity by Starkpelt [ @implimm ]
Life Six: Compassion by Stripeseed [ @Snook ]
Life Seven: Hope by Willowpaw [ @Rani ]
Life Eight: Malevolence by Rivalhaze [ @Zero ]
Life Nine: Pride by Duskfall [ @Rainquail ]

[ so how this'll work is the first person will post, then mention the next person after them, and so on. Rain, if you could mention me after Duskfall gives a live I'll come and do kes' big reply ^^

thank you all again! looking forward to the posts! ]

Last edited by spade; May 9th, 2021 at 02:43 PM.
Old May 8th, 2021, 09:41 AM
rararara

Bump Policy: 72 hours
My Mood: Dreaming

Birchpaw
_________

The young apprentice watched silently as Kestrelwing appeared in front of her. The brown and white she-cat smiled sadly to herself before stepping forward and making herself known. "Welcome to Starclan" she mewed "With this life I give you perseverance. No matter what obstacles life throws at you, you have the power to overcome them" Birchpaw touched her nose to his, her smile losing the sadness it held prior, "When I was killed by Sparrowsnap, I didnt fight back. I just gave in, and that is truly what killed me" the she-cats voice caught in her throat as she remembered her final moments in life, "Do not make the same mistake I did" As she finished speaking, she stepped back and waited for the next cat to give the new leader a life

// @spade, @Zesty Mango

base credits go to Chuwigirls on DA!

--> | Goldenpaw [tc] | <--
-->TH profile<--
Old May 8th, 2021, 10:59 PM
5,445 posts on old site

My Mood: Fine

@spade @implimm (you’re up)

Honeybee stepped forward her green eyes glistening in the sunlight as she smiled,” I’m the mother of Gingerfrost. I’m going to give you a life of trusting others, my brother ruined my trust in everyone after he killed my mate because he was jealous that I was spending too much time with my mate and not him.” she meowed leaning forward to press her nose against the new leader of Riverclan.

My prefix finder website, consists of all the prefixes I could think of that are valid for wco linked here
Old May 9th, 2021, 02:28 PM
s

My Mood: Cheeky

╰┈➤ Melonpaw | @spade
The tremble in his paws were gone, that dull shake that always plagued the young apprentice had left him; now his chocolate tabby pelt was shining with stars, reflecting the galactic sky above.

Green eyes darted from the ground to Kestrelwing-- Kestrelstar. He could feel his phantom heart pounding in his chetz with excitement. He could hardly sit still!

Melonpaw stepped forward, large ears flattening and then perking; as if he couldn't decide if he could be excited or terrified!

"W-W-With this life, I-I give you courage," Oh, the dramatic irony. A thing he lacked in life, he now carried onto others in his death... "I w-w-want you to carry yourself with the confidence of a lion, o-or tiger if that takes youe fancy," A few large tears pricked the corner of those green pools as Melonpaw dared to catch Kestrelwings eyes. He stepped forward, pressing his twitchy nose against the cool living one of Kestrelstar.

But of course, Melonpaw was awkward enough to grab Kestrelstars attention further. "U-uh, could you... could you let Foxblaze th-that I miss her, please? Look after her, l-let her know I love her," His meow was a soft whisper, a large smile stretcbed from goofy ear to goofy ear, and a few melancholy tears damped his fluffy fur cheeks. "T-Thank you, Kestrelstar. I-I-I trust you to bring me justice, when the time comes."

please bump me constantly | Dealing with ADHD & Dyslexia.

larkfires best friend
xaviers' ideas bank
Old May 9th, 2021, 02:47 PM
dum spiro, spero

Bump Policy: 72 hrs/48 for importance
My Mood: Lazy

>Blossomclaw<
Well, well, well, wasn’t this an interesting turn of events? A brown and white cat, body ripped and ragged with numerous ugly scars, watched silently amongst the ranks of the other gathered spirits, her green eyes narrowed and a sly grin tugging at one corner of her mouth. Her son had failed his own Clan, like she always knew he would (he’d been weak from the start, of course he would be weak in the end), but this one… this one held promise.

Blossomclaw pushed past the apprentice that had stepped forward before, the stench of death and decay prominent as she approached Kestrelwing. Her eyes held an unmistakable glint of malice as she stopped in front of him, and she tilted her head as if to study him for one single suspenseful moment.

”Kestrelwing,” she began smoothly, though her tone didn’t hide her malevolent intentions. Why bother? It wasn’t as if he could do anything about it. ”It’s a pleasure to meet you at last. You are already succeeding where my son failed - you are strong and sturdy in ways he could never be, and I look forward to watching you excel in your newfound position. But… you are missing something, I believe.”

Blossomclaw figured she could skip the whole ”With this life” rubbish - she was never one for formalities, anyhow. She leaned forward to touch her nose to Kestrelwing’s. ”I give you the life of swift punishment. There are already cats who have wronged you, but there will be many, many more in the future, despite all you have done for them. Use it to deliver quick and merciless punishment unto those who defy your rule. Perhaps you can use it to deal justice to those conniving thundercats that stalk your borders, hm? Just some... food for thought.”

With a wink she slipped back into the ranks of the gathered cats. Oh, she looked forward to watching him progress.
// @spade

On hiatus from June 9th to June 17th. Do not bump me/send me messages, they will go unresponded to.

Character Site | Bumble RP Finder | Redmire RP Finder | Clan History Overview

Bumblestar is ThunderClan's leader. She has an open den policy.
ThunderClan Kit Curriculum | ThunderClan Resources | ThunderClan Outsider Joining | ThunderClan Additional Training
Old May 9th, 2021, 04:52 PM
i am kenough

This was not what she thought it would be.

Starkpelt sat by for some time, watching as StarClan descended upon Kestrelwing with idle warmth. But a chill ran down along her spine as the scene grew grim and eerie. From seemingly nothing, cats emerged as shadows from the deep. No stars lit their eyes as they observed the ceremony. And when Blossomclaw steps towards the warrior to grant him a life of her own, the she-cat swallows something akin to anger.

She wasn't going to let another cat from the place of no stars find an opportunity to swoop in- Starkpelt stands and steps down towards Kestrelwing before this other she-cat could turn.

"Kestrelwing," she greets the young tom with a smile, putting the dark forest cats to the back of her mind. "Congratulations, you are taking up a heavy mantle but you're doing so with such grace." She wanted to reassure him- Who knows how startling this whole ordeal had become for him. The poor thing must have felt lost, allowing those vile nightmares to seep in through the cracks of his mind.
"You met my children, you know. This is becoming a trend for RiverClan leaders, apparently. I hope my son didn't cause you too much of a headache. He's on a mission, it seems, and I don't think anyone will come in the way of that. If you happen to see him again, do try to exercise patience." The more she spoke of Fernpaw, the more it sounded as if she were apologizing for him. But her tone was full of love and admiration for who her son was growing into.

Moving on, she lets out a little, airy sigh. "This life that I shall give to you tonight is a life of ferocity. When something does not feel right, when you're at the end of the line with nothing else to give, and all that you have is yourself and your anger, spin that fury into ferocity. Wield it as you would your teeth and claws to tear away what lies in front of you."
Leaning in, Starkpelt gently touches her nose to his. She felt a little bit sorry for the pain that accompanied this life- She tried to choose something these other entities would pretend to give him, something the young leader would rely on in place of those iniquitous whispers uttered. Something Kestrelwing would know could carry his Clan into the future if taken and enacted.

When it is done, the molly steps back, regarding him in silence for another fleeting heartbeat before turning and padding away.

[ @spade, @Snook ]
Old May 10th, 2021, 09:43 AM
welcome to the garden

My Mood: Bashful

|| @spade ; @Rani ||

Stripeseed's ear flicked in alarm as a dark, mange-pelted she-cat bestowed a starless life upon Kestrelwing. So that was really a Dark Forest cat? And they had the power to come here. A growl started to rumble in the tom's chest.

But the tom swallowed down a lump of anger and forced his hackles to lay flat as Starkpelt blessed Kestrelwing. It wouldn't do any good to make himself a problem- especially as it didn't seem the cat was doing any harm, at least at the moment.

It was nearly his turn. Stripeseed turned his face to the starry cosmos and breathed in a deep gulp of the pristine air that never seemed to satisfy lungs that longed for the heathery, imperfect air of the endless plains of the moor he'd left behind. All his life, he himself had dreamed of becoming a leader: of guiding his Clan with a claw stricter than the most brilliant quartz. Only at the end of his time with the Clans had he finally accepted his role- to support and trust his leader, not to envy and criticize. He had always lacked that elusive quality that bound so many great Clans together. Always a dictator and never a father. He only wished he had learned sooner that there was more to being a true ruler than just an idea and a couple of pairs of paws. A true ruler had the grace and understanding to value strength without the sacrifice of their Clanmates.

He let out the breath he'd been holding in and approached the infant RiverClan leader. "Congratulations, Kestrelwing," he mewed awkwardly. "With this new authority must come responsibility and the burdens of an entire Clan, but I trust StarClan has chosen you wisely. You will be able to manage it.

"With this life, I give you compassion- not only for every kit, apprentice, elder and warrior in RiverClan, but also for the loners seeking refuge, the Clanless longing for a Clan, and the enemy in their helplessness. Remember that every act of justice must be tempered with mercy, and friendship with your Clan does not demean your right to lead. Hold on to your Clanmates. D-don't... let the ones you love slip away."

Stripeseed, normally reserved, was mildly surprised by the lump in his throat and the hot shimmering intensity that sprang to his eyes. Clearing his throat, the stately calico tom dipped his head respectfully to Kestrelwing, and let their noses gently touch in the gentle age-old gesture of peace.

For a moment his eyes lingered on the young tom tossed into the culpability of a clan of chaos, facing moons of problems and trials. But in Kestrelwing's face, he saw no weakness- anxiety, maybe, but strength too. He stepped back into the ranks of his fellow starry spirits, eyes falling back onto the amber grass soft beneath his paws. He had felt useless ever since his death during the Gathering Battle. But now a new sense of purpose invigorated him Perhaps this could be simply a new chapter of his story- the task of guiding the living not a chore, but an honor.

A faint smile crossed his lips. We will light your path.

"you have enemies? good. that means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life." -victor hugo
bump me after 72 hrs
character site
Old May 10th, 2021, 03:31 PM
Queen of Pinnepeds

Status: Neck deep in wild animals at work and reports at Uni!
Bump Policy: 5-7 days before bumping please, Ive got work lol
My Mood: Sleepy

Ooooh lots of cats! Willowpaw was excited this was huge! Some of the other starclan cats seemed concerned about the dark no star cats but... Well were they an issue? Cats had light and dark and both deserved to be loved! Still the small molly decided she was gonna help both give a life and give a light in the dark, just in case the tom needed it. The starey striped molly was basically a giant bouncy ball as she made her way over to Kestrelwing if unorthodoxly, grin wide and joyfull.

"Heya Kestrelwing!" She chirped "Uh Im not sure if you remember me or even know I died (I dont think my death was reported back and cats kinda assumed I was missing) but Im Willowpaw! Congratulations on being named leader! Im sure you'll do wonderful!" The little molly whole heartedly believed that. That Kestrelwing was going to do wonderful things himself and wonderful things for the clan. Sure things looked dire with thunderclan but Kestrelwing was a strong and surprisingly kind tom, Willowpaw wouldve been happy to have him as her leader.

"So I know you must be exhausted but with this life I give you a life of Hope! When things seem their darkest and most dire and you dont know where things might go you can always have hope Riverclan will rise again and be light once more! Try to apply this to cats to yeah? Everyone deserves trust and hope that they'll succeed and do better even when they've not been doing good, every cat has rocky periods and deserves a little faith!"
With that and a bright sparkling grin Willowpaw reached up and gently tapped the larger toms nose to hers, internally apologising for what he'd soon feel. The sensation of drowning was never good for a riverclan cat and even though her icy demise came with a spark of hope, that the cat she'd perished to save would be alright, it didnt negate that it'd be horrible.

Still she didnt step back immediately waiting for the darker tabby to recover before speaking again. "Sorry to bother you with this stuff but can you do something for me? The clan never learned I died and... Well I'd like some cat I was close to to get closure. I was really close to Snowfern and Splashleap so if you could tell them Im gone but alright happy and so proud of them I'd be really thankful! Ive got one message thats special though...." This one was less of a message to a close friend and more of her upholding her own gift, having hope in another.
"I wasnt really friends with Blizzardsky, more of playful advisories, I always thought be was mean. However, after I died Ive been watching a lot and Im actually super proud of how much he's grown! He cares for cats now and is odd but good with kits! He doesnt bully those weaker then him and even though hes a bit dumb I like to think if I was still alive I could be friends with him now! I would really love it if you could pass on how happy I am to see him grow and that I believe he can continue to do so, he can become a cat I can be proud to say I know!

Also... That I dont want my memory morned too much, I always liked making cats happy and my death making them sad isnt something I want. In the back of the apprentices den under a feathery moss nest right next to a root sticking through the den wall theres a shallow hole. Inside it theres a large hawk feather, some pretty shells and river stones, the perfect moss ball, and a really cool branch. I want Blizzardsky to have them, to make kits and others happy (him included). Can you do that for me?"

@spade @Zero

Last edited by Rani; May 10th, 2021 at 05:33 PM.
Old May 10th, 2021, 07:23 PM
AHHH

Bump Policy: As much as you want lol
My Mood: Lurking

(I did a bit of power playing for dramatic effect, but if you don't like it you can ignore those parts! Or let me know and I can edit. Sorry, I should have asked first but I didn't want to wait.)

A crazed cackle rose from the darkness surrounding the starry field in which Kestralwing now stood. "Kestrelwing, oh Kestrelwing..." Rivalhaze purred, slinking out of the shadows with a twisted smile. "You must have quite the darkness in you for me to be allowed at such a sacred ceremony." The tom sighed. "Such an honor."

The shadows seemed to cling to his pelt as he drew closer, seemingly uneager to let him go. The whole scene seemed to grow darker and colder as he finally stopped in front of the new leader. The metallic scent of blood soon followed the tom as well. "Oh... you poor thing. You must be exhausted!" He cooed as if Kestrelwing was a kit, pausing a moment for dramatic effect before laughing once more. The tom faintly remembered how tired he had been after his own ceremony moons ago, but his memories from his life among the living had fogged over time - he had grown colder and more distant from so many moons in the dark forest.

Finally, the tom cast a cool glare around at the other cats that seemed to linger at the ceremony before locking his gaze upon Kestrelwing's. "I am Rivalhaze," His eyes darkened, and his smile grew wider as the reality of that name sunk in. "With this life, I gift you the power of malevolence. Use it well to punish those who do wrong to you or any of those of RiverClan." The tom grabbed him eagerly by the shoulder then, pulling him forward roughly to meet noses, his claws digging in ever so slightly.

After what probably seemed to be like an eternity to the poor recipient, he pulled away. "Make RiverClan the greatest once again," He growled as he backed away slowly, the shadows beckoning him back to his place among them. "I'll be watching... and perhaps, waiting."
@spade @Rainquail

I am here but not really rping too much at the moment. If you wanna chat, feel free to send me a visitor message on my profile!