Last post by hiraeth
Today 12:56 AM

Old May 31st, 2020, 09:11 PM
dum spiro, spero

Bump Policy: 72 hrs/48 for importance
My Mood: Lazy

Default Re: Cliff Pass

[ @Beau ]

Buckbranch watched Cormorantpaw creep up on the next target. This time his stance was perfect, and the way he managed to pick out his target's location was as well. But his jump wasn't very well-timed or well-aimed. For a moment Buckbranch frowned, thinking about how to fix whatever was happening.
The small little outburst made him want to laugh, but he squashed the feeling down and stepped forward again. "Uh, try this," he offered. "Whenever you want to pounce, try making sure you're just a tail-length away before you jump. Then take a step or two forward and pounce then."

On hiatus from June 9th to June 17th. Do not bump me/send me messages, they will go unresponded to.

Character Site | Bumble RP Finder | Redmire RP Finder | Clan History Overview

Bumblestar is ThunderClan's leader. She has an open den policy.
ThunderClan Kit Curriculum | ThunderClan Resources | ThunderClan Outsider Joining | ThunderClan Additional Training
Old May 31st, 2020, 09:39 PM
all that i’ll ever need

Default Re: Cliff Pass

[ @Slushie ]

Cormorantpaw wore a frustrated expression and his mouth handed into a determined line as he nodded at Buckbranch’s instruction. The apprentice was determined to catch a mouse this time. Luckily, the same scent hit him again, albeit after a few other strange scents flew by on the changing breeze. Before moving, Cormorantpaw flicked his eyes around until they landed on a small brown creature as it stood up on a rock and outlined itself against the sky off of the cliff. Keeping in mind Buckbranch’s words, Cormorantpaw crept forward until he was a taillength away and then took a deep breath and ran another two steps forward and pouncing. This time, something soft was under his paws and he gasped, hesitating for a moment. The mouse was stunned but still almost wriggled free. Cormorantpaw had to clumsily half pounce on it again and bite it, but he still beamed when he turned around to Buckbranch with a rodent hanging from his jaws.
Old May 31st, 2020, 10:23 PM
Foot Wallet

Bump Policy: After a day
My Mood: Adorable

Default Re: ThunderClan Territory

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arie View Post

"Blabbering on seems to be a trait in the family then," Ploverspot let out a soft, almost quiet laugh. It was strange... having a sibling, someone, to just... be relaxed around and laugh with. Shadowclan to him, despite growing up had always seemed cold. But maybe it was because of who he was and not the clan he was in? He didn't know but it would do no good on dwelling on the what ifs and maybes from the past. Hindsight was hindsight and well, he couldn't exactly blame anyone for something that happened seasons ago. Shaking out his fur, he felt the slightly awkward silence return. It was strange all of this. Despite having talked with Softbriar once... it had after all only been once. And that was a forced meeting, arranged seemingly without either of their knowledge by their mother. And regarding their mother... This was possibly a topic that they could at least not feel particular awkward talking about. "Mum... As she looked any different to you lately?" He didn't know how else should start this off with, but it was common knowledge that she-cat was getting older and older. Considering Ploverspot himself was at an age where he could retire from old age... their mother was much older. "She seems to determined to work the life out of herself. For mistakes she committed so many seasons ago." His tail twitched, he was quite unhappy with Shadedpath's outlook to her own mistakes, but he could however see where she was coming from, everyone could. "However, it does seem she has been struggling with some pain lately. Basic observation gives you that insight. I did tell Lionwhisker to keep an eye out for her as well, but I think... at least the two of us might be able to put in a shared effort to tell her that... this is not the right way for her to go out. Working herself to death doesn't exactly make up for the crimes she according to herself, committed. It would also be great... if she at least was understood by more of the clan." He let out a soft snort at that. "She is getting old, joints are hurting, pain is clear. She isn't as young as she used to be, and despite no one - and this also stands for me - wanting to be treated like an invalid... she's just in a higher risk than young warriors." He didn't exactly know where he was going with this. But he wanted at least to give it a go, to try to get their mother to retire before she burnt out fully.

They supposed it was only natural their conversation would turn focus to their mother, especially when it such a concerning topic. “I’ll admit I haven’t spoken to her as much as I should recently…” In the commotion recently they had been somewhat distant from others, but they knew their mother wasn’t unaffected by her age. Seeing as Ploverspot was having difficulties at his age, they could only imagine how she was feeling. This was a topic they hadn’t always liked to think about, their mother had always been strong in their eyes that it was hard for them to accept that she wasn’t how she used to be. Shadedpath becoming an elder, in Softbriar’s mind, meant she was only that much closer to joining StarClan and leaving them behind. They shuffled their paw in the dirt, their brother made good points. “But I know what you’re talking about. I don’t want mum dying alone out in the territory, she’s earned a calm retirement.” If they thought about it soundly, they were at a greater risk of losing their mother if they simply allowed her to go on working as she was, it was just sort of hard to admit they were all getting older. “With both of us talking to her, I feel like we could do well in convincing her some. At least to decrease the work she’s doing even by a little.” With Lionwhisker keeping an eye out, it might be easier to get her to stop working if he thought so, he was the professional after all. For the last resort, Softbriar supposed they could use their new deputy position to keep their mother resting instead of working, though they'd rather not have it come to that. In their eyes ordering their own mother around just didn't seem right.

You can contact me on discord (sock.puppet.man) if you wanna talk
I appreciate tone tags, sorry if I'm a little awkward.

my pfp is from the 1987 tmnt animated series
Old May 31st, 2020, 11:06 PM
Queen of Laziness

My Mood: Asleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mumble View Post
Mumblefoot shrugged, "Not that much. Every couple days or so, but not 'all the time'" she mewed, heat rushing to her face. "I'm just not that used to it, that's all." she mewed with a sheepish smile.
"Nooo, there is no way that is true." Dramatically gasping at her response with his marigold eyes sparkling with humor. "Well, I believe that you deserve to be complimented every day because you are so worth it." The words seemed to fall out of his maw without being able to restrain himself. The brown main-coon couldn't stop grinning when he was around her but thankfully the sound of rustling wings caught his attention.
"Hey I think there might be a bird around us." Whispering to the molly in order to not make more noise than needed. Crouching the tom stalked through the undergrowth hunting for the bird.
Old May 31st, 2020, 11:14 PM
on an indefinite hiatus

My Mood: Psychedelic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzy View Post

A smile rested on Pinepuff's features as she noticed Cherrybuble's reaction. The reaction alone was enough to make a cats day. The sparkle in her eye, the amazement in her voice enough to become a whisper. For once Pinepuff didn't need to ask. She made this trip worth Cherrybuble's time. How could it not be? The scene was out of a dream. Honestly the large tabby couldn't care less of the quiet stream, flowers and deer at the moment. Knowing the joy or at least happiness she just brought Cherrybubble made her feel all warm and tingly.
At the question Pinepuff tilted her head. "I haven't no... seems I missed out on a beautiful sight." The brown fluff ball commented. She wished she could share that experience it sounded magical. Sweeping her tail to the side the warrior sat down. She really was happy that she impressed Cherrybubble. That might seem childish but she was.
A thin smirk traced her maw as her green eyes scanned the area. "I have heard they are quiet skittish creatures... if you wanted I'm sure I could recreate that scene for you darling." Her half serious half playful eyes turned back to the bi colored warrior. A simple splash in the stream would probably startle the deer if Cherrybubble wanted to see them run again.

Cherrybubble turned to Pinepuff as the she-cat spoke, the black-and-white molly's ears flicking. She turned to look at the deer again, before a small smile broke across her face as a thought crossed her mind. A moment later, that thought was voiced by Pinepuff right beside her. Cherrybubble stared at the brown tabby for a moment with wide eyes, before smirking and giving a wink. "Looks like we think on the same wavelength Pinepuff." She snickered, before gesturing to the stream with her tail. She then came right up next to Pinepuff, tail flicking as her fur brushed the other molly's. "Shall we?" She whispered, nodding towards the stream, winding her tail around Pinepuff's to help the timing of them jumping into the stream together. It was shallow and would make a small splash, but Cherrybubble knew it would be enough to scare off the deer. She looked towards Pinepuff with bright green eyes, waiting for the other she-cat to give the signal.

Character Site
--
See the bottom of this page here for characters available to RP.
I respond to rps on Tuesdays, Friday mornings, and Sundays.
Old June 1st, 2020, 12:12 AM
on an indefinite hiatus

Quote:
Originally Posted by cwoudii View Post

Snowmist followed him, sniffing around, just to make sure nothing was up. She always felt nervous around the cliffs.

Flintspirit turned to Snowmist with a bright smile as they reached the edges of the cliffs, nodding forward. "Look at that." He whispered in awe. On colder mornings like this one, the bottom of the cliffs was shrouded in a thick fog, giving the place a creepy, yet mystical look. Flintspirit waved his tail for Snowmist to follow, padding into the fog. "Come on, we've got to find the pool." He meowed, keep his voice low. He felt as if he raised it too much, the place would loose its mythical feeling. Which maybe... it just might.

Character Site
--
Old June 1st, 2020, 12:44 AM
on an indefinite hiatus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arie View Post

{ Doetraining }

So she would have to be able to hunt this herself, with no help... Doepaw wasn't exactly a bad hunter, she had pretty much gotten down hunting most land prey. The blind molly found them easier most of the time as she wouldn't have to judge most distances and would instead be able to creep up on their position she found by listening to their scattering feet. But now it would be up to her. And since Flintspirit was going to be watching her... she wanted to make her mentor proud. Hunting was something she was good at. She could do this. So sliding into a crouch she perked her ears forward, pausing with every step. She wanted to be able to catch it without any issues, being extremely wary of its claws after her talk with Myrtlepaw. She just had to go get it, and crunch its neck. And hopefully not chase it up the tree. But maybe, maybe she could? Could she do it? She knew how to climb and considering she was going to be chasing something else maybe the birds wouldn't bother her so much. She was thinking too much. Finally being close enough to smell the creature she crept forward before punching with her front paws and narrowly missing. But this damned creature was not getting away from her, and so she pushed off with her hind legs and grabbed the squirrel's neck and crunch. She had however not really paid attention and was now... in the tree. She'd followed it up the trunk automatically, her legs working on their own without a second thought and just scaling it fast. It had felt just like... normal hunting. But now she was stuck up here. Gripping the trunk with her claws she stuck her head out from the leaves and waved the squirrel around. "I caught it!" came out, a muffled triumphant laugh. "But... i'm stuck now!"

Flintspirit had been watching Doepaw carefully, though had sat up straight as she suddenly was climbing the tree, seeming intent on catching the squirrel she'd missed on the ground. "Doepaw, no-" But she was already up the tree, and like he'd predicted she was now stuck. Letting out a sigh, the large black-furred tomcat padded over, coming to look at her up the trunk of the tree. "Are you really going to make me haul myself all the way up there to get you?" He asked, but had already answered the question for himself. There was no way she could hear where the branches were to get down. He was going to have to go fetch her. "You're going to owe me for this." He warned, his tone nice but firm as he hauled himself up the trunk and onto the lowest branch, padding along it until he could reach the second branch, lifting himself up to just above Doepaw. Flintspirit then bent down and grabbed the she-cat's scruff, before turning and carefully making his way back down the tree with his apprentice dangling from his jaws. He was glad no one was around, because this probably looked ridiculous. Once his paws were solidly back on the ground, Flintspirit placed Doepaw on the ground, tilting his head as he gave her a stern look. "I think your listening skills could use some work, surprisingly." He meowed, though there was an amused twinkle in his eyes. Of course he wasn't going to be mad at her, she'd caught the squirrel, despite getting herself stuck. That counted for something to the large tom.

Character Site
--
Old June 1st, 2020, 12:55 AM
on an indefinite hiatus

Default Re: Tree of Murmurs

Foxbound nodded, she'd smelled the bird as well. "Okay, now I want you to pinpoint it's location. Begin at a quick, low stalk, not going into an actual crouch until you get a few fox-lengths away from the bird." Foxbound turned so she could feel the wind, double checking that it was coming downwind, from the mouse to them. "Which way is the wind going?" She asked Duskpaw, making sure that her apprentice knew this. It was a very vital part of hunting.

@Wings

Character Site
--
Old June 1st, 2020, 01:07 AM
#RedInStead

My Mood: Distracted

Default Re: Tree of Murmurs

[ @RedHead ]
--Duskpaw--

Dropping into a half crouch, she stalked forward towards her prey. Stopping when Foxbound asked her a question, she parted her maw. The slight breeze making her mouth feel cool. Looking back at Foxbound, she muttered quietly. "We're downwind so it's coming from the bird."
Time sensitive RPs count in this count.

Last edited by Wings; June 1st, 2020 at 01:07 AM.
Old June 1st, 2020, 03:15 AM
The Only Unicorn Member

My Mood: Sad
Default Re: Rogueland Woods

Quote:
Originally Posted by Socks View Post
[ @Queenie ]

After Softbriar had guaranteed that there were no problems with the patrols, they led Eveningpaw directly to the Rougeland Woods. The forest became more thick and lush as they entered the area, even with the territory recovering it was still not up to its previous glory. They weren't surprised that there were lingering scents of rouges where they stopped in the woods, they didn't worry too much about it. As long as they didn't come face-to-face with any hostile cats they wouldn't worry too much. Rouges would eventually come to realize ThunderClan had claimed the territory, they hoped.
"Some of the most important aspects of hunting are scent, sight, and silence." They might as well get straight into the lesson, as Duskstar had explained they could really use the prey right now so the sooner Eveningpaw could catch her own the better. "We use scent to track down our prey and detect how the wind is flowing. We keep our eyes on the prey once we've found it and look for any obstacles in our way when stalking. We stay silent so we know where the prey is but it doesn't know where we are." As they spoke they sniffed the air for prey, the best way to learn was by practice so they wanted to find some easy rodents. "You remember that hunter's crouch, right?"
Eveningpaw cocked her head and listened around the forest for any sign of prey. It seemed harder with all the trees surrounding her. Last time she had easily pointed out a mouse scurrying over some stones. But here in the middle of the woods, if a mouse was running over a bed of leaves it sounded exactly like the leaves blowing in the wind. This discouraged the young feline to say the least. She sort of expected to come out here and excel.

Eveningpaw was a little ashamed to admit she didn't remember the crouch. The apprentice always had so many thoughts in her excitable mind it must've gotten shoved into a corner somewhere getting dusty. "Maybe you could show it to me again..." She prompted. She bent her knees a bit so show that she would do it with Softbriar and model her mentor, but not enough to say she knew the position confidently. The apprentice obviously had crouched a million times playing as a kit, but she was smart enough to know there were intricacies she failed to remember.

I have recently added a schedule to my site. If inquiring about my availability please check there.