Closed Thread

Old May 26th, 2020, 10:14 PM
ruler of everything ♕

Bump Policy: 72 hours (3 days) -- 24 hours (1 day) if time-sensitive
My Mood: Kingly

Default Re: RiverClan Medicine Cat's Den

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dipper View Post

Fawnsqueak's head tipped at a familiar voice and with a glance over his shoulder, wasn't too shocked to confirm it belonged to Beankit... err, Beanpaw now, he was fairly certain. That ceremony had been a blur of anger, and the edge of guilt slashed him for being so preoccupied when he should've been focused on the actual subjects of the meeting. Shaking those thoughts away, he peered at Beanpaw through a puzzled gaze as he attempted to discern what was going on to no avail. That was when he realized he'd been looking for several moments without a proper response. "Oh! Uh, yeah, you can come in," Fawnsqueak fumbled and tacked on a quiet 'sorry' after that. "Are you-- ill?" That was his best guess, not spotting any visible injuries on him.

Observing eyes looked him up and down, and Beanpaw was visibly uncomfortable. He had no prior knowledge about anything to do with these cats or this kind of situation. Heck, he didn’t even know if they could help him or not. All he knew was that he was being stared at and it made him feel weird. He jumped a bit at the sudden dialogue from the darker furred cat, and nodded. Without saying a word, he stepped into the den. It was, to be quite honest, underwhelming. There weren’t even that many plants — er, herbs — and he wasn’t quite sure what to do now that he was in. Sit, stand, pace? Lie down in a nest? He opted for just standing, shuffling his paws uncomfortably ever so often. At the question, he quickly stuttered, "Uh, n-no, but I was, um, wondering if you could help me with something?" Afraid that what he said sounded ominous or weird, Beanpaw continued quickly, "I’ve heard you have healed broken bones and stuff and I was wondering if you could heal ...claws?" He looked down at his useless paws again with a sigh. He didn’t want to say more.

there's courage in being terrified, but still going forward.

about me // character site [wip]
Old May 27th, 2020, 09:12 AM
i am veyr gud at speilng

My Mood: Hopeful

(anyone can help if they know some herbs)
"Otterstone! Fawnsqueak! Anyone!" Thrushvine huffed, "Antfrost is kitting!" @Dipper @CheetahPelt

.・。.・゜✭ ・.・✭・゜・。.
❝ Making up problems that don't exist
Why do I let myself dream like this? ❞

.・。.・゜✭・.・✭・゜・。.

Last edited by sootsplashed; May 27th, 2020 at 09:24 AM.
Old May 27th, 2020, 09:25 AM
rararara

Bump Policy: 72 hours
My Mood: Dreaming

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skye View Post
The first of Antfrost's litter, a tuxedo tom, let out a pitiful squeal to let the older cats know he was alive. He wriggled on the floor a little, his eyes still shut tightly.
(Antfrost is in the nursery btw)

base credits go to Chuwigirls on DA!

--> | Goldenpaw [tc] | <--
-->TH profile<--
Old May 27th, 2020, 09:25 AM
i am veyr gud at speilng

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skye View Post
The first of Antfrost's litter, a tuxedo tom, let out a pitiful squeal to let the older cats know he was alive. He wriggled on the floor a little, his eyes still shut tightly.
@Mumble

.・。.・゜✭ ・.・✭・゜・。.

.・。.・゜✭・.・✭・゜・。.

Old May 27th, 2020, 09:26 AM
i am veyr gud at speilng

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sootsplash View Post
Oh nevermind 'ouo

.・。.・゜✭ ・.・✭・゜・。.

.・。.・゜✭・.・✭・゜・。.

Old May 27th, 2020, 10:37 AM
Create your own sunshine

My Mood: Queenly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starfall View Post

Half lidded eyes widened as Otterstone approached him. Brows raising. "Oh so you noticed me this time?" he snorted. Sitting himself down roughly he rolled his head to the side with his uninjured shoulder. "I'm going to go ahead and guess the wounds. You know. Since they're the only thing that could be crippling me right now since I'm not even allowed to breathe in the general direction of the outside world." he stated sarcastically.

To be frank Gentlethunder wasn't expecting Otterstone to be the one to show up to help him. "You're gutsy." he hummed as he looked up at the molly.

@CheetahPelt
(Sorry, my internet lost connection for a few days)

“I’m trying to be a better cat since then.” She meowed, moving closer to the Tom. She peeled back the cobwebs and sniffed the wounds, trying to find the sour smell of infection. Finding none, she nodded. “Wounds aren’t infected, that’s good.”
Her expression didn’t change as he looked up at her, his remark ringing in her ears. “Me? Gutsy? Why thank you.” She said absentmindedly.

It was best to stay non attached, she had found. Every time she let herself think too much about what cats said about her, anger rose like bile in her chest. Her last herb gathering with Fawnsqueak had shone as much.

But now, she just worked with a distant smile on her face. This was better then any other option.

“Not many cats are quite fond of me at the moment, so I’m trying to stay out of notice. But I’m going to do my job well.” She remarked, turning to get rid of the old cobwebs and go to the herb store to treat his wounds, still not fully healed.
Old May 27th, 2020, 11:52 AM
this night is sparkling

Vixenwhisper raced towards Antfrost. "Shhhh," she purred. @Sootsplash
being this young is art

Old May 27th, 2020, 05:12 PM
the stars are aligned

Quote:
Originally Posted by elysian View Post

Observing eyes looked him up and down, and Beanpaw was visibly uncomfortable. He had no prior knowledge about anything to do with these cats or this kind of situation. Heck, he didn’t even know if they could help him or not. All he knew was that he was being stared at and it made him feel weird. He jumped a bit at the sudden dialogue from the darker furred cat, and nodded. Without saying a word, he stepped into the den. It was, to be quite honest, underwhelming. There weren’t even that many plants — er, herbs — and he wasn’t quite sure what to do now that he was in. Sit, stand, pace? Lie down in a nest? He opted for just standing, shuffling his paws uncomfortably ever so often. At the question, he quickly stuttered, "Uh, n-no, but I was, um, wondering if you could help me with something?" Afraid that what he said sounded ominous or weird, Beanpaw continued quickly, "I’ve heard you have healed broken bones and stuff and I was wondering if you could heal ...claws?" He looked down at his useless paws again with a sigh. He didn’t want to say more.
As his assistance was shyly requested, Fawnsqueak's brows hitched, and he commented, "I'm going to guess it's not swimming lessons this time?" That was mostly a joke. If two warriors couldn't teach him how to overcome the challenges of water, he didn't know what would. Although he couldn't recall healing any broken bones in his lifetime, he considered that Beanpaw could be speaking more generally about the medicine cat duties... but to his knowledge, Otterstone hadn't healed any broken bones either. Yikes. "Uhh..." Claws.. Fawnsqueak didn't know much about those but peered at what he'd be looking at, only to find there were no claws. None at all. "When you said claws," a short puff laugh escaped him, "I thought you meant, like, a broken one or something."

Yeah, he was going to call this unfixable. "Does it hurt?" he asked, just as a precaution but already imagined the answer would be no -- he'd seen similar situations before, they didn't seem painful. "Look, there's probably not a herb that's going to... grow claws for you?" he phrased awkwardly since it was a bit of a mystery how that worked. "But I don't really think you need it, either. I mean, you're smart and eager and honestly, you don't need claws if you have that. It's more like... living on hard mode. Since y'know, you can still do everything but you're going to have to be innovative sometimes."

everything about us is going to be wonderful
Old May 28th, 2020, 07:11 PM
the stars are aligned

[queen was not rped as pregnant for as long as necessary so i don't think i'll have fawn acknowledge the posts above ;w; ]

everything about us is going to be wonderful
Old May 28th, 2020, 08:01 PM
We are the universe || bear is my favorite

Status: And the universe said, everything you need is within you.
Bump Policy: Every 2 days o/
My Mood: Adorable

Quote:
Originally Posted by CheetahPelt View Post
(Sorry, my internet lost connection for a few days)

“I’m trying to be a better cat since then.” She meowed, moving closer to the Tom. She peeled back the cobwebs and sniffed the wounds, trying to find the sour smell of infection. Finding none, she nodded. “Wounds aren’t infected, that’s good.”
Her expression didn’t change as he looked up at her, his remark ringing in her ears. “Me? Gutsy? Why thank you.” She said absentmindedly.

It was best to stay non attached, she had found. Every time she let herself think too much about what cats said about her, anger rose like bile in her chest. Her last herb gathering with Fawnsqueak had shone as much.

But now, she just worked with a distant smile on her face. This was better then any other option.

“Not many cats are quite fond of me at the moment, so I’m trying to stay out of notice. But I’m going to do my job well.” She remarked, turning to get rid of the old cobwebs and go to the herb store to treat his wounds, still not fully healed.

(You're okay )

The tom sighed, and looked over to one of the walls of the den. "Well you've got a ways to go." he began, narrowing his eyes as she got closer. "Hard to start from the bottom again." He had mixed feelings about Otterstone, on one Paw, she was a decent Medicine Cat, on the other she was a neglectful Medicine Cat. She didn't finish his last check up, left him forgotten in the den as she tended to the other patients. That was just his check up. He had little hope for this one. 'It wasn't a compliment.' he thought to himself with a heavy sigh.

Shifting his weight Gentlethunder winced as she peeled off the cobwebs that were caked to his wounds. He watched as she walked off...maybe getting more cobwebs? Or just straight up leaving him. Frankly he had no clue. What she said itched at him. "You shouldn't have to start doing well after you've been criticized and mocked." he stated, "And please, for the love of Starclan, do better than well. Do better than your best. Don't half ass anything anymore, it's the least your clanmates deserve." he huffed. Sure, the Warrior really didn't like her...at all right now that is. But he didn't hate her, she was his clanmate. "Don't hide either you dimwit. What are you? A Shadowclanner? If you're doing what you say you're doing than let them notice you dumbass. Let them see the progress you're making. he barked, taking a sharp intake of breath after raising his voice. Curling slightly into himself. Stomach still felt as though it was on fire.

"As long as I exist, you will always be loved."
Spiderthroat is the Deputy of ThunderClan
|| Site ||
The waves that crashed upon
The rocks that you were trying to walk along

And in my head I heard them play a song
For you and me

Let's get lost at sea
Where they will never find us

Got stars at night to guide us

Last edited by Starfall; May 28th, 2020 at 08:01 PM.
Closed Thread