Last post by squidz
Today 10:51 AM
Closed Thread

Old December 12th, 2020, 11:48 AM
clearing away the dust

My Mood: Tired

Default Re: RiverClan Territory

@Beau @Mumble

Mossygrove felt a wave of relief when Eelsting listed off a proper route for them to take. She gave him a glance as if to say thank you before turning her attention back to the apprentices.
"Yes, a big loop sounds like a good idea. I'll uh, I'll follow your lead, Eelsting, if that's alright." Her nerves were still worked up, but the longer they were out here, the less stressed she became. Maybe this was doable. Maybe she could handle this.

She smiled at Springpaw's enthusiasm, her heart warmed by that childlike glee. Mossygrove had never really had that innocence as a young apprentice, being raised essentially as Dawnstar's punching bag. Why did her thoughts always have to come back to this? Why couldn't she just enjoy her outing without these things coming back to her? ...What would Eelsting or Springpaw think of her if they knew who she really was?

Mentally scolding herself, she then turned to Turtlepaw, whose nervousness she'd taken notice of. She felt a pang of sympathy towards the young she-cat. She remembered being that nervous, leaving camp for the first time, being without the comfort of the nursery. Turtlepaw didn't seem as confident as Springpaw did.
"I know it can seem really scary," She started, giving the younger she-cat a look of honesty. "You've got us here to look out for you, don't forget. We wouldn't let anything happen to either of you."

Character Site - Tracker - Commission Info
Taking time off from work recovering from surgery! Professional artist. If I'm taking too long to respond, please PM me to remind me!
Old December 12th, 2020, 12:53 PM
clearing away the dust

My Mood: Tired

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beau View Post
[ @punkscape ] no worries c:

This was quickly getting out of paw and Eelsting made a note to never weave a lie this big for real. He was increasingly grateful for the amused vibe of Mossygrove's responses- she obviously was joking and didn't really expect him to produce three villainous rogues. Eelsting also, however, very much wanted to keep this conversation going, so his mind whirred for a way to keep this up.

Like a gift from Starclan, Mossygrove offered the perfect way out of a hopeless rogue hunt while continuing to spend time together. The last thing Eelsting wanted was to part ways now! She very well may have saved his life! Well... maybe that was a little dramatic, but she'd certainly saved his pride- at least what was left of it. A hunt with a new friend sounded perfect!

"Ah, I like the way you think! Hunting to feed the clan while we keep an eye out for the mangy rogues- multitasking! You genius!"
"Yes, of course!" She grinned, feeling her face grow warm when she was called a 'genius'. Even though it was just part of the little charade they had going, she didn't know how to take a compliment to save her life. But Eelsting was thankfully making it pretty easy to keep moving along with the conversation. "You'd probaby know better than I, what's the best hunting spot around here?" She asked with a slow flick of her tail. "Somewhere with a good view so we can keep an eye out, of course. We wouldn't want those rogues sneaking up and catching us off-guard."

Character Site - Tracker - Commission Info
Taking time off from work recovering from surgery! Professional artist. If I'm taking too long to respond, please PM me to remind me!
Old December 13th, 2020, 08:02 AM
all that i’ll ever need

[ @punkscape @Mumble ]

The thankful look Mossygrove sent him slipped through Eelsting’s brain without registering. He had a habit of not noticing more subtle actions or emotions, so he simply smiled and nodded jovially before moving forward to take the lead. Sea stones it was!

It seemed Mossygrove’s apprentice, Eelsting was semi-embarrassed to admit to himself that he couldn’t remember her name, was enthused by the idea of checking out the gathering place, so that was one apprentice excited. His, on the other paw, seemed less happy. Did she have something else she wanted to see first?

It wasn’t until Mossygrove addressed Turtlepaw that Eelsting realized what the issue was. The kid was scared! Duh! It made sense, he supposed, she’d never been out of camp before and now all of a sudden she was exposed to the dangers of the forest. He could much easier understand the other apprentice’s enthusiasm since that had been his own experience, but Eelsting presumed that this was an equally normal reaction.

“Yeah, don’t worry about it, kiddo! The territory is pretty safe- we check the borders regularly enough that ambushes this far in are incredibly rare. Besides, if someone were to attack us, they’d definitely go for me or Mossygrove first!”

The smoky tom continued walking leisurely with a confident tilt to his head, totally sure he’d handled that perfectly. The idea that mentioning the possibility of the two warriors being attacked to a scared young apprentice wasn’t the best idea never occurred to him.

“Look up there- we’re almost at seastones.”

-

[ punkscape ]

Eelsting’s expression pulled upward to match Mossygrove’s and he tapped his chin thoughtfully, completely missing any hint that his companion’s smile hid a flush. As for hunting spots, that depended on what they were looking for...

“Of course! Can’t let those rogues have the upper paw. We could go to Lionsbeach, maybe? The beach is pretty long and flat so we should be able to see any would be attackers before they get the chance to ambush us. What do you think?”
Old December 13th, 2020, 06:48 PM

Bump Policy: 48 hours
My Mood: Lurking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xmas Bliss View Post
Flamebriar smiled. She wanted to catch something else, but she wanted to make sure he had a share in hunting or it would feel she was hunting on her own. They were doing this together and she was glad. Before they couldn't go much anywhere, but now with her eyesight she can leave the camp. "I guess so. I know I do.", she meowed. Right at that moment she was distracted by a vole. She looked at him. "Your turn.", Flamebriar whispered.

[ @Rainquail; ]
Sedgestorm turns his head, looking for what she was talking about, if 'your turn' meant much of anything outside of it being his turn to look. Did she already find something.
He tried following where she was looking and eventually saw what she was referring to.
He crouched down, glancing back to Flamebriar before stalking foward, tail nervously flicking about before he made it hold still, not wanting to startle it away by being an idiot.
He got as close as he would dare to before flashing foward, claws glinting as they zeroed in on the vole, quickly ending its life. It was a little messy, claws having had to dig into its neck since he forewent chomping down and breaking its neck.
He carefully picked it up and returned to Flamebriar.

Add me on PokémonGo: K9WVBVJYJ

While I do not (currently) have any cats in the Clan's, I try to have at least a few role plays with my outsiders (Sedgestorm, Woollyfeather) and my StarClanner Coldamber. Most of my role plays until I feel well enough to keep up with sweeps will be related to Covenant of the Sky duties.
Old December 14th, 2020, 01:16 AM
Engine engine number nine

Bump Policy: 1 week unless time sensitive
My Mood: Bashful

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rainquail View Post

Sedgestorm turns his head, looking for what she was talking about, if 'your turn' meant much of anything outside of it being his turn to look. Did she already find something.
He tried following where she was looking and eventually saw what she was referring to.
He crouched down, glancing back to Flamebriar before stalking foward, tail nervously flicking about before he made it hold still, not wanting to startle it away by being an idiot.
He got as close as he would dare to before flashing foward, claws glinting as they zeroed in on the vole, quickly ending its life. It was a little messy, claws having had to dig into its neck since he forewent chomping down and breaking its neck.
He carefully picked it up and returned to Flamebriar.
Flamebriar saw him hesitate for a while before spotting the vole. Was he that distracted? Apparently he was. The molly watched as he went after it. She wanted to be impressed, but he didn't seem into it today. Maybe they better head back to camp and rest. Maybe then he won't be as distracted. "I think that's enough hunting for us today.", she meowed with a purr.

(was thinking we do that one rp you were thinking of in the same one)

Marigoldleap is my main character and is currently an outsider if anybody wants to roleplay with her or has a small plot they need an extra cat for.

Old December 14th, 2020, 08:53 AM
work is never done

Bump Policy: every 4 days
My Mood: Kingly

Default Re: Lionstunnels

"Oh, I wouldn't be so sure about that!" ThunderClanners were like squirrels with their tree climbing obsession.

Lionstorm was amused. She seemed to think they were safe down here from swimming.. she was in for a surprise. "All cats have the ability to swim, Plumpaw. It might not be the most comfortable thing.. but it can save your life one day." Frankly, making swimming mandatory was a good way to prevent unnecessary deaths. "And you bet you'll be learning how to fish. It's a good way to get food when things get cold - the river can freeze but there's always spots you can nab fish out of."

But he had to agree - the echoes were fun! "Imagine listening to it all the time! Hello!" Hello, hello! "You can never feel lonely if you have something responding to you, right?"

[ @implimm ]

wolfhivewolfhive roleplaystc additional training
deceased charactersroleplay rules
Old December 14th, 2020, 01:44 PM
eternally tired

Quote:
Originally Posted by Estelle View Post
Gingerfrost quirked an invisible brow as Sparrowskip muttered... Something. He turned to him, about to say.. Or mutter.. Something to him but got cut off. The young warrior, even him, was almost surprised by this sudden reaction - but one thing was clear, that something wasn't right. Whether plants could truly talk or not. Gingerfrost went after the other, coming to a halt next to him "Sparrowskip-" he meowed, a bit hesitantly going to nudge him up "perhaps you should go rest in your den.." the tom followed, once more in an audible mutter.

"But Gingerfrost.." Sparrowskip said in a exasperated tone. "You don't understand.. being a medicine cat, I have to 'kill' them. And they don't really like that. I guess all I can do is wait it out till tomorrow when they'll hopefully stay quiet.."
|| ʚcharacter siteɞ ||

Last edited by marshy; December 14th, 2020 at 01:44 PM.
Old December 14th, 2020, 02:01 PM
welcome to the garden

My Mood: Bashful

@Beau @Mumble

Vimi took a deep breath, taking in her surroundings. Strange cats' scents surrounded her, but she was determined not to go back. It wouldn't make sense. Logically, the decision to join RiverClan would be a good one-- but those pesky emotions kept making her hesitant. "Hello?" she forced herself to call out, fluffing up her soft fur against the cold. "Are there any RiverClan cats around?"

For several moments, only the distant babble of the river and the occasional creak of a branch answered her. She stood, waiting, tense.

"you have enemies? good. that means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life." -victor hugo
bump me after 72 hrs
character site

Last edited by crumbl; December 15th, 2020 at 10:23 AM.
Old December 14th, 2020, 02:03 PM
particles of stars

@gs29513
Acorn's heart was beating fast, as he looked around. Please someone who is nice come and find me...
Old December 14th, 2020, 02:07 PM

Fierce arrived at Lionstunnels, waiting for Splashleap ( @gs29513 ) to come pick her up and take her to Riverclan. She had been waiting for this moment. While she waited, she wondered what name Sootstar would give her.

Last edited by ~Fierce~; December 14th, 2020 at 02:08 PM.
Closed Thread