by Ian
Last post by Mica
Today 07:54 PM

Old October 5th, 2021, 05:53 PM

Bump Policy: I'm not sure yet.
My Mood: Inspired

Default Re: ShadowClan Leader's Den

~ IVYKIT ~

Ivykit padded into the leader's den, the mouse pelt hanging from her jaws. She wasn't stupid - she knew that cats weren't normally allowed in here unless they had a good reason. But she wanted to show off her work to Dawnstar and make sure that she had done right. Ivykit didn't know if the leader cared that her mother and brother had up and left the Clan, especially since she was really close to that former rogue Grimhound or something, but it would do her good to be on her leader's good side. Ivykit really held a lot of respect for Dawnstar. Her mother - before she had left - and her father had always talked about their leader's strength and glory, and she looked up to that. Ivykit wanted to be as strong as possible and be just like her leader when she got older. Although at the same time, Dawnstar was above everyone, and thinking of surpassing her was an odd thought. But who knew. Ivykit would just work as hard as she could for her Clan.

Ivykit's sharp amber gaze fell upon the leader. Massive and heavily scarred with strong, prominent muscles, a dark tabby pelt that blended into the shadows, and blazing amber eyes, she really made a figure. The perfect ShadowClanner. Their leader. Ivykit wanted to build up a lot of muscles when she was older and gain a lot of scars. Remembering that she had to be respectful when addressing authority, she dipped her head and dropped the mouse pelt, giving it a prod with her paw.

"Hello, sorry to intrude, but I heard that cats skinned the pelts of the dead and gave them to you as trophies or something, so I wanted to practice." Ivykit eyed the bed of pelts that Dawnstar laid on, noting that some were glossier than others. "I did it on a mouse - don't worry, I didn't waste the fresh-kill, I ate it afterward. It was a bit yucky but food is food, it wasn't bad. One of the queens, Ravenheart, told me how but her instructions were a little choppy and she seemed freaked out that I wanted to learn, which I don't understand. ShadowClan cats do this all the time, right?"

She didn't want to bore the leader with her talking, so she prodded the mouse pelt closer. "Do you think I did okay? When I become an apprentice and kill someone I'll make sure to take their pelt and give it to you. A mouse really isn't much, it's just prey, but I just wanted to practice." The mouse pelt had a slit in it from where she'd cut the creature down the middle per Ravenheart's instructions and was a bit messy, but otherwise was clean and could still be discernable for the pelt of a mouse.

@Undertaker

How Would You Describe My Writing Style?

New and Improved Character Bios!
Old October 10th, 2021, 03:31 AM
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

My Mood: Hungry

@Undertaker

Shadestorm thought Dawnstar seemed a little more annoyed the usually but didn't think much about it at the moment. Dawnstar was usually calm and collected but he didn't doubt one bit that she'd happily claw his ears of if he stepped out of line. Which he wasn't planing on doing any time soon, he was deputy now and it was staying that way.

As for the report. He dipped his head and began. "The patrol we fought was led by Briarfrost, and they had two other warriors and two apprentices. It went fine at first, apprentices fought apprentices and Snakebite tried his luck on Briarfrost so I fought some other fish." Who's name he couldn't remember. "Then the reinforcements came so we had to retreat. Snakebite was left bleeding under a bush after Briarfrost beat him up but he got to the medicine-den thanks to Cougarivy," Speaking of which. "she fought rather well."

There that was a good report in his opinion. He told roughly who fought who and how it went, and why the Snake-fool had almost been bleed to death. He had been aiming to fight a high rank but since none had been at the battle he had been leading he had settled with the warrior he knew the best, but of course some other dump younger warrior had been foolish enough to fight her himself instead of letting the real fighter take care of it.

He had been forced to fight the other fish-breath, a large golden thing. He would have won easily but he must have been sick, she'd be dead otherwise. The only thing that had been going for her was the fact that she had gone insane just at the right moment to get in to hits.

- Credit to here for the pfp -

You don't have to ask permission to have crushes on/attack my OCs as long as you don't powerplay

Old October 16th, 2021, 06:52 PM
Moonraven's brother

Bump Policy: 3 days

[I forgot I had to reply to these before she left, so here you go.]
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheNyanCatMinecart View Post
~ IVYKIT ~

Ivykit padded into the leader's den, the mouse pelt hanging from her jaws. She wasn't stupid - she knew that cats weren't normally allowed in here unless they had a good reason. But she wanted to show off her work to Dawnstar and make sure that she had done right. Ivykit didn't know if the leader cared that her mother and brother had up and left the Clan, especially since she was really close to that former rogue Grimhound or something, but it would do her good to be on her leader's good side. Ivykit really held a lot of respect for Dawnstar. Her mother - before she had left - and her father had always talked about their leader's strength and glory, and she looked up to that. Ivykit wanted to be as strong as possible and be just like her leader when she got older. Although at the same time, Dawnstar was above everyone, and thinking of surpassing her was an odd thought. But who knew. Ivykit would just work as hard as she could for her Clan.

Ivykit's sharp amber gaze fell upon the leader. Massive and heavily scarred with strong, prominent muscles, a dark tabby pelt that blended into the shadows, and blazing amber eyes, she really made a figure. The perfect ShadowClanner. Their leader. Ivykit wanted to build up a lot of muscles when she was older and gain a lot of scars. Remembering that she had to be respectful when addressing authority, she dipped her head and dropped the mouse pelt, giving it a prod with her paw.

"Hello, sorry to intrude, but I heard that cats skinned the pelts of the dead and gave them to you as trophies or something, so I wanted to practice." Ivykit eyed the bed of pelts that Dawnstar laid on, noting that some were glossier than others. "I did it on a mouse - don't worry, I didn't waste the fresh-kill, I ate it afterward. It was a bit yucky but food is food, it wasn't bad. One of the queens, Ravenheart, told me how but her instructions were a little choppy and she seemed freaked out that I wanted to learn, which I don't understand. ShadowClan cats do this all the time, right?"

She didn't want to bore the leader with her talking, so she prodded the mouse pelt closer. "Do you think I did okay? When I become an apprentice and kill someone I'll make sure to take their pelt and give it to you. A mouse really isn't much, it's just prey, but I just wanted to practice." The mouse pelt had a slit in it from where she'd cut the creature down the middle per Ravenheart's instructions and was a bit messy, but otherwise was clean and could still be discernable for the pelt of a mouse.

@Undertaker

One tattered ear twitched with life, twisting itself towards the sound of small pawsteps drawing closer. Very slowly, a single amber eye with a thin pupil revealed itself as the eyelid drew back. A soft growl vibrated through the leader's broad chest tapering off into yowl when Dawnstar rose her head. Uncurling her fluffy tail from around her broad body, the leader slowly stood, arching her muscled back into a stretch and sinking four long talons into the earth in front of her. It was a kit, and only because it was a kit did Dawnstar move so lazily. Anyone outside of a kit would have gotten a very pissy reaction for waking the leader.

The imposing she-cat felt her jaws slacken again as another yawned attacked. Shaking out her pelt as soon as her maw shut itself, Dawnstar took a seat on her nest of pelts and finally gave the kit more than a mere glance. A tiny thing, but all kits were to her, it was what the kit had that claimed Dawnstar's attention. It was small like the kit but interesting nonetheless. A pelt from what she would assume was a mouse.

Both her ears twitched as the kit explained her apparent interest in skinning. Of course, Shadestorm's furball would be interesting in such a thing, not that it was bad per say. Her mutt's gift of a bunny pelt had turned into something that reached even the ears of kits now. She honestly wouldn't be shocked if this become some sort of tradition or something. Dawnstar wondered how the clan would feel if she had all the dens and nests lined with pelts of dead cats. Her nest was far warmer and they made sleeping easier, especially on the colder nights.

"I'm glad to hear that you're not wasting fresh kill," Dawnstar grunted as she reached out with on talon and hooked the mini pelt, bringing it closer so she could better inspect it. "Skinning isn't something that is done usually in ShadowClan. My mate took my words literally and after finishing a patrol I sent him on, he brought me a pelt from a WindClan warrior. For whatever reason, some of the other cats in the clan seemed to take an interest in it and started bringing me pelts of their dead enemies as gifts. I quite like it, it shows me something about them as members of the clan."

She noticed that cut down the middle and the lack of disgusting smell from the pelt. "I like the initiative, Ivykit, you're on your way to becoming a glorious addition to my warriors. What you did with the mouse is not bad for a kit and a beginner." Most of the pelts she got were in a similar state to the mouse, but Dawnstar wasn't going to judge cats on how they skinned especially if they didn't do as often as Dawnstar did.

"It's been a long time since I've tried skinning a mouse, my claws and paws are too big for such a thing now. But when I was younger I made sure to make the cut along the spine, from the shoulders to the hips. The cut only needs to be skin deep, any deeper and you'll hit some organs and that will cause... problems. After that, you can start peeling the skin off, I'd sheath my claws since separating the skin from the body wasn't hard. Start from the torso and move backward. To challenge myself, I'd like to see if I could keep the limbs attached. After a lot of failures, I figured out where to cut the hip joint and detach the leg bones. The tail I always had issues with, I lacked the patience to make the slow cuts necessary to detach the skin and body and often ended up snipping the tail off altogether. From there you can pull the skin down to the forelegs, cut the shoulders, remove the legs from the body like you did the hindlegs, and pull the skin past the neck towards the head. Depending on you good you are with your claws, you can cut the ears eyes, and nose off the body, or forgo it and carefully pull the pelt off without doing it."
An abrupt yawn caused the leader to pause in her account. She set the pelt back down, nudging it back over to the kit.

It might be a good idea to start teaching the rest of the clan how to skin. Even if they don't use it to remove the pelts of their enemies, Dawnstar figured bigger prey like actual bunnies and other fur animals could be used to make the nest warmer during leafbare and leaffall. It might be a nice skill to learn, Dawnstar was self-taught, but it might not be bad to see if some of her old acquiescences were around. But that could be after she was done with clan matters.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Singing Jay View Post
@Undertaker

Shadestorm thought Dawnstar seemed a little more annoyed the usually but didn't think much about it at the moment. Dawnstar was usually calm and collected but he didn't doubt one bit that she'd happily claw his ears of if he stepped out of line. Which he wasn't planing on doing any time soon, he was deputy now and it was staying that way.

As for the report. He dipped his head and began. "The patrol we fought was led by Briarfrost, and they had two other warriors and two apprentices. It went fine at first, apprentices fought apprentices and Snakebite tried his luck on Briarfrost so I fought some other fish." Who's name he couldn't remember. "Then the reinforcements came so we had to retreat. Snakebite was left bleeding under a bush after Briarfrost beat him up but he got to the medicine-den thanks to Cougarivy," Speaking of which. "she fought rather well."

There that was a good report in his opinion. He told roughly who fought who and how it went, and why the Snake-fool had almost been bleed to death. He had been aiming to fight a high rank but since none had been at the battle he had been leading he had settled with the warrior he knew the best, but of course some other dump younger warrior had been foolish enough to fight her himself instead of letting the real fighter take care of it.

He had been forced to fight the other fish-breath, a large golden thing. He would have won easily but he must have been sick, she'd be dead otherwise. The only thing that had been going for her was the fact that she had gone insane just at the right moment to get in to hits.

Shadestorm's report was far more detailed than Fiercefire's, and she never got anything from Dapplecloud. Though he was greedy, at least Shadestorm proved to be reliable. As he stated what went and who fought who, Dawnstar would admit that she never paid much attention to the other warriors in opposing clans so most names went over her head outside of the high ranks.

Snakebite had clearly been far too cocky, he was about as reckless as Grimhound, but lacked the experience and skill needed to back him up. She'd have to remember that for any future problems that arise. A warrior who didn't understand his limit was a rather useless tool. Grimhound was usually the only one who could get away with being reckless due to being nearly on par with her when it came to fighting. Plus, he usually caused as much or more damage than he took.

Cougarivy, she'd have to keep an eye on. But considering how slowly round the she-cat was, Dawnstar was assuming she'd have to stick the warrior in the nursery soon enough... unless she was just gorging herself on a fresh kill. Hopefully, it was the first over the latter, cause otherwise, Dawnstar was going to have to start limiting how much fresh kill cats obtained.

"It seems to me that you all did an admirable job. Perhaps Snakebite learned a lesson after getting his ass kicked." Dawnstar wasn't shocked by it in the slightest. Snakebite was a decent fighter, not the best, but decent. He was good enough to be a warrior, but he was cocky, much like a certain somewhat standing before her. "If he didn't, I'll have to teach him one. Arrogance will only get him so far and most likely have him end up in an early grave." Dawnstar growled while shaking her head. "Anything else?"

siggy art by redshiftreign
Dawnstar is the leader of ShadowClan and will shred you if you enter her den. She has a semi-closed den policy.
ShadowClan Resources ||| Dawnstar ||| ||| Kit Curriculum Finder
Old October 16th, 2021, 08:29 PM

Bump Policy: I'm not sure yet.
My Mood: Inspired

~ IVYKIT ~

Oh, Dawnstar had been sleeping. Ivykit waited as she saw the leader's ear flick and eye open, and the growl emanating within her as she woke up. Would she be upset? After all, not many cats could just walk into her den without invitation. And this was just to show off a mouse pelt. Maybe Ivykit could've shown her father or another warrior instead so she hadn't disturbed the leader, because making Dawnstar upset wasn't a good thing. Dawnstar still seemed pretty tired; Ivykit just waited, head cocked to the side slightly as she waited for what her leader might say. She had specifically wanted to show the mouse pelt to her leader because, well, who could be a better judge? She wanted to do it right and also get on her leader's good side. Not for any malicious intent. Ivykit was as loyal to ShadowClan as any ShadowClanner should be, and having the best cat in the whole forest on her good side would be a good thing.

Dawnstar was studying her. Ivykit made sure to keep her posture straight and her eyes fixed directly on the leader. She might've been only four moons old, but she was tall for her age, and was beginning to develop more of a slender and angular build. Of course, she had some time before she fully fit into her body. Maybe a couple more moons, when she was an apprentice, and especially as a warrior. Ivykit couldn't wait to start training and eventually become a warrior. That was the best honor anyone could have! Or, actually, being deputy or leader was. But still, being a warrior was pretty great.

Okay, the leader took note of the fact that Ivykit had been resourceful and hadn't eaten the fresh-kill. Good. Ivykit knew better than to waste anything. She watched as the leader extended one of her long, hooked claws and took the mouse pelt. She was inspecting kit. She took Ivykit seriously! Ivykit waited. Even though she looked calm, on the inside she burned with excitement and apprehension. Dawnstar was one of the few cats that would make her feel that way. Oh, cats didn't normally skin other cats in ShadowClan? Did they in other Clans? Probably not because the other Clans were really weak. Ivykit listened to the explanation with interest. Mate? Oh, was that Grimhound? She didn't know that they were that close. Okay, that was probably useful information. Maybe. Grimhound might've been a former outsider but he seemed like a good warrior, so she could understand why Dawnstar would choose him. I'm gonna be a great warrior, too!

So that's how it started. Pelts seemed like they would make great things to line nests with, and intimidate their enemies. And Dawnstar liked it. Definitely noted. Ivykit would make sure to bring her leader a bunch of pelts when she was an apprentice and a warrior. And - was that a compliment? Dawnstar thought she was gonna be a good warrior! And she thought that her skinning the pelt of the mouse was good for a beginner, and a kit! That was a huge compliment for Ivykit. She knew better than to go squealing and jumping like a brainless furball. Instead, she burned with excitement and pride, puffing out her chest and holding her head and tail high, eyes glowing with determination to be the best warrior she could when she was older.

Ivykit listened intently to Dawnstar's explanation of skinning a mouse. It was a lot of information to take in at once, so she listened hard. She took on that listening posture of hers, ears perked, gaze intent. This was for a mouse, but maybe it could be useful for a cat as well. It sounded complicated.

Spine, shoulders to hips, be careful not to get the organs, start from the torso, go backwards, and multiple ways to get the pelt off.
She thought? The limbs were difficult to manage apparently; she'd be careful with those. Ivykit nodded and accepted the pelt that was given back to her.

"Thank you, Dawnstar. I'll keep that in mind," she mewed with a respectful dip of her head. "I'm gonna make sure to train really hard when I become an apprentice so I can be a great warrior. I can't wait to be a warrior of ShadowClan! Father's already been teaching me some fighting moves." The leader probably didn't want to listen to her blab, so she took a few steps back, holding the mouse pelt in her jaws. "I'll leave you to rest now. I don't wanna bother you more."

(If you want, we can just end off the RP here, or you could make a short reply? Whatever you want to do.)

@Undertaker

How Would You Describe My Writing Style?

New and Improved Character Bios!

Last edited by TheNyanCatMinecart; October 16th, 2021 at 08:37 PM.
Old October 23rd, 2021, 01:32 PM
Hiatuses

Bump Policy: Anytime
My Mood: Festive1

~Creamshadow~

"Dawnstar?" she meowed into the leader's den. Waiting outside for an answer she scaned the clearing ees landing on her old kit Blackkit how much she hated her. This was her chance to get rid of her would Dawnsatr listen to her?

@Undertaker
Old November 12th, 2021, 12:44 AM
chirps

That had been one interesting meeting, but Grimhound wouldn't have been able to recall the exact topics if asked. His mind was already formulating plots on how to handle the rat of a deputy. So far it seemed as though Dawnstar hadn't heard of their little skirmish, and the kit playing at power hadn't told her. Pathetic. Though their collision had resulted in a tie, the hound still bore fresh wounds from it. Not enough to visit Bounceyball but enough to sting as he walked.

The hound meandered towards the den at the side of the snake. They hadn't gone out on any excursions as of late, and something about it upset the hound. Well, as close to upset as he could feel. Mostly he just missed utilizing his claws - Shadestorm had hardly been a worthy opponent. Perhaps he'd snatch the tom up and introduce him properly to Addersnow. Something told him the two would get along just fine.

"You asked for our presence, Peaches?" came the honey-calm voice, amber eyes flashing as the massive brown tabby stalked into the den, tail and head both low. He didn't ask about her adventure had gone - mostly because he didn't necessarily care - and instead just took a seat back on his haunches. Spreading one forepaw, claws out, Grimhound took a moment to clean between them, surprised but not shocked to find traces of blood there. Shadestorm's for sure, and the thought of it made him grin sadistically.

// @Undertaker @Rani @Singing Jay @paradise
Old November 12th, 2021, 01:17 AM
Queen of Pinnepeds

Status: Neck deep in wild animals at work and reports at Uni!
Bump Policy: 5-7 days before bumping please, Ive got work lol
My Mood: Sleepy

Honestly Redshrike didnt care to add to the debate of to fish hunt or not to fish hunt and just kind of half dozed, still taking in the knowledge but not with a razor focus. The simple fact and flaw was the the waters were too muddy (pun intended), there was too many cons and the pros few that while the clans arguments could probably have swung things either way there was no true consensus and the cannibal agreed. Cats like Grimhound and it seemed Addersnow was in it for the fight but Redshrike was all about the blood which was a resource in its own right and to him it was clear. There was no easy prey in the clan of fish who had the best access to food year round had proven they'd draw blood happily if pushed. They werent the bunnies who'd wallow in their deaths and never improve themselves or push back their little example of thunderclan (riverclans bunnies in Redshrikes mind) and there just wasnt anything they had that'd be worth plucking their metaphorical thorns out of their paws.

There was potential merit to sabotaging their relationship with windclan and letting them beat eachother up weakening them both and pulling covert operations to mask the weakening of the water clan but.... Well that was a conversation for few ears in the shadows, not a clan meeting. A conversation he might have sooner rather then later if the summons were an indication but there was one flaw in such a hypothesis. Dewdrop.

Was he the ex riverclan cat? Redshrike couldnt remember the warrior was so non important and un-impactful he'd flown under the monochrome toms radar as irritating as it was, he'd just have to wait and see he supposed. So side by side with Grimhound, letting the toms presence dwarf and hide him as much as possible before slipping into Dawnstars den.

Perhaps it was presumptuous how he neatly slithered into the shadow she cast neatly just off to her side where she could still see him but he was obscured by any first glances around the den but it was the best sheltered spot available and Redshrike hated being exposed. He did offer a respectful sort of bow to Dawnstar once settled giving his own velvet soft but firm "Congratulations Grimhound, you've proven yourself an expert at stating the obvious. I bask in awe of your skills...... Though really, you can only push Mother so far before she takes an eye for your snark and I ever fail to see the benefit these jabs ever give you." Being out of commission for so long and stuck in a den with the ever bickering Bounceberry and hound was making him mean. Well meaner then normal. "I assume we are gathered to discuss the fish situation more given you've invited a old member of their ilk? If so I may have an idea for the skilled few though am eager to hear if it aligns with what I am thinking may be your fox plan..... If the masses fail to bring you enough Im sure the hound and I could manage to and would be happy to do so."

@Undertaker @Singing Jay @paradise @spade

Last edited by Rani; November 12th, 2021 at 01:17 AM.
Old November 14th, 2021, 10:45 AM

My Mood: Sarcastic

Hello I'd like to become a warrior of ShadowClan
Old November 18th, 2021, 08:57 PM
Moonraven's brother

Bump Policy: 3 days

Dawnstar drew her tongue a paw and brushed it along her tattered ear, trying to get rid of an itch without scratching at it. Her claws were a bit too sharp and despite all her poise, she still managed to nick her ears here and there when she scratched too hard. Intense amber eyes looked over to the entrance as two cats made their way into the den. Of course, Grimhound and Redshrike would be the first to heed her call. Even though it was expected by now, it did stir a hint of pride within her chest. Despite her willingness to dispose of them at any given moment, it was reassuring to have cats around her to call family. Redshrike and Grimhound have proven to be the most useful and dependable out of all of them.

A set of large, sharp claws, showed themselves, ready to swipe and cut through her mate's ear as soon as she heard the disgusting nickname. It was really annoying, not to mention disrespectful, but as she lifted her paw a few mouse lengths from the ground it feel just as quickly. The fresh wounds weren't anything to be concerned with, they were shallow, and Dawnstar swore the hound would tussle with his tail if given the chance. It was the grin and the blood on his claws the drew her curiosity. Shadestorm hadn't reported anything upon her return happening while she was gone. Dawnstar wasn't the type to ask for a report, cats should know to report anything of importance to her given her rank. She did recall the pointed look Shadestorm received from the hound...

The smaller Redshrike inches his way to her side, particularly using her bulk to hide from sight, made her fur want to bristle but she willed it flat. Regardless of what faith she placed in them, old habits and instincts would never die, her guard never fell. But anyway, the little bird chastising the hound was funny to hear. Dawnstar might have brought the newest little snake to the fest, but Addersnow was proving to be as downright violent as Grimhound. Not that Dawnstar was upset with it, she'd never have enough merciless killers at her beck and call, it was better to see how Addersnow adjusted to clan life a bit longer before bringing her into anything important.

Both her tattered ears focused on Redshrike as he went on to state he was clearly scheming something. Dawnstar didn't bother giving him an inkling of what they would be discussing but did let him know that she had her attention as her eyes gleamed with enthusiasm. "I doubt the clan will bring me the number of foxes I desire, and I've failed to properly ensure that the rest of your siblings aren't slacking in skill or intelligence since accepting them into the family. We can go on a hunting trip for foxes after this meeting." Outside of Redshrike and Grimhound, it seemed like the rest of her family didn't communicate much, and Dawnstar hasn't had the time to keep up on whether they actually deserve to remain within her family or if they've simply become plainly average, like Badgerscar.

If so she'd have to start looking for new talent with actual commitment, like Ivypaw. It could also be desirable to have them battle each other at some point in time, to see who actually was the best fighter. Rivalry made cats want to get better or do better, Icestar pitted her against the traitor all the time, although that had been less of a rivalry considering she wiped the floor with the traitor every time. It had been more Icestar feeding off of Dawnstar's need for acknowledgment. In Dawnstar's case, she truly wanted every member of her family to command respect through their actions and strength. Unless they were as cunning as Redshrike, of course, she supposed that son could stay in the shadows then.

"Dogbreath, you've clearly been cooped up for too long, so you'll come along with us, you can even bring Addersnow." Dawnstar told Grimhound with narrow eyes, he had been giving Shadestorm the evil eye essentially the whole meeting, and Grimhound wasn't known for his sparkling personality or interest in his clanmates. It wasn't hard to deduce where he got the new injuries. That was going to have to be addressed, Dawnstar couldn't bring herself to say that she was concerned about it at all, since that would be a lie. It was more annoying than anything else, if they had the time to fight then they had way too much time on their paws.

"In the meantime, Redshrike, let's hear your little idea." If the other two weren't here by the time Redshriek was done explaining, Dawnstar wouldn't be wasting her time on them.
@Rani @spade

siggy art by redshiftreign
Dawnstar is the leader of ShadowClan and will shred you if you enter her den. She has a semi-closed den policy.
ShadowClan Resources ||| Dawnstar ||| ||| Kit Curriculum Finder
Old November 18th, 2021, 09:40 PM
Queen of Pinnepeds

Status: Neck deep in wild animals at work and reports at Uni!
Bump Policy: 5-7 days before bumping please, Ive got work lol
My Mood: Sleepy

Redshrike was damn near basking in the positive attention after the utter disaster of The Talk in the medicine cats den and for once he didnt care to hide it. The new deputy (who he hadnt been impressed or annoyed with yet so his personal judgement was pending) or the extra werent present yet and Grimhound already knew the extent of his loyalty to Dawnstar. That he relished the approval of the molly was no new news, as much as the toms psychopathic tendencies insulated him against the worst of his lack of bonds he was only a cat and instincts were instincts so he indulged them for but a second.... Though Redshrike had not got so far by letting his instincts control him so it was only a second.

The his mind was back to analyzing everything around him and turning it to a weapon to his advantage. "Sounds like an interesting time, a family hunt of something worth our skills, though I hope if the badger brained fool holds us back we can leave him in the dust? I can tolerate my old apprentice and the dogs but my patience is thin of late...." A lack of patience on Redshrikes part constituted a blood smear on the other cats and Badgerscar was nothing short of pathetic to him. So many wasted chances, he'd have blood for it if allowed. "Addersnow however.... Ive met her she's interesting. Smart and calculating in the pursuit of battle. She enjoys the fighting of battle rather then blood and seldom runs judging by her scarring being mainly front facing. They arent evidence of weakness however, for the amount she has they seem more evidence to a large number of battles rather then the loss of them. If her loyalty can be secured we may see a new razor clawed edge that she doesnt have the engagement to show now." His talk with the molly had been enlightening and highlighted one who knew fools and didnt take them lightly, ever aware of how above them she was. Redshrike had even made the decision to not antagonize her when he had the chance for getting along better, a decision he almost never made. The information he got in return was.... well fascinating to a schemer like him. Hopefully Dawnstar could use a bit of what he'd gathered, he wasnt one to bring blood gifts like Grimhound but he wished to give something.

Something like this.
"My little idea is simple, we use the fox scents pelts and skulls to launch a series of covert attacks on riverclan soil under the cover of night. The attackers would have to be few and operate under complete secrecy (Brackenfire, as an example, has the training from me) but with some skill it could be made to look like riverclans having fox problems turning their eye from us as we weaken them. Stealth attacks with fox pelts across our back and coated in their stench with the killing wounds obscured by using the skulls to lay covering bites should be enough. Cat paws are near enough to explain any prints left especially if we 'admit' to having encountered foxes on the border too and if allowed I plan to spend some time experimenting to see if its possible to imitate fox calls. The cats putting this into action and in the know would have to be few though... Maggotpaw has more then proven this can has a few big mouths.... But imagine the paranoia it might create in those slimy fish."
It was delicious and the mere idea sent a pleased lash through the toms tail. This little plan had been brewing for a time but the fox hunts had clicked it all into place, if it was the same plan Dawnstar was acting on here it was genius but even if not shadowclan needed to lean more into working from the shadows. This'd do just that.

@Undertaker @spade @Singing Jay @paradise