Today 11:23 AM

Old August 8th, 2021, 11:50 AM
Raven

Bump Policy: 3 days | 2 days Time Sensitive
My Mood: Pensive

Default Re: Pinewatch Patch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayden View Post

Batsong's fur bristled but he obeyed and hopped back onto the ledge and into the forest, waiting with his mind muddled and his heart racing for his clanmate. His shoulder was bleeding heavily and his eye stung, pasted closed with dried blood. He lay on his side, panting heavily, his energy oozing out of him like a bleeding wound. He lay there and watched the ledge to see if Elmshadow makes it out, if not, he'll go back in there and drag him out if he has to. No matter how much energy and strain it'll take. He huffed and he thought about how mouse-brained the tom was to stay behind with the rats a while longer. But he felt a strange sense of worry as he waited.
Elmshadow watched Batsong's feathered tail disappear over the ledge. He sighed, relieved that at least he didn't have to worry about explaining the death of a clanmate to Dawnstar over their idea to pick a fight with some rats. But as soon as Batsong left his place, it was filled in by swarming black bodies. The pressure of the onslaught increased noticeably. He spun and slashed, letting the heat of the battle carry his paws as he waited for a window to open up for him to make his escape. He felt a searing pain light through his flank. He flipped and saw a fat black rat clinging to his pelt. He let out a long, growling hiss. The wave of rats faltered and he turned on the rat still clinging to his side, bit down at the base of its neck then he leaped, with the rat's neck still skewered in his teeth, on strong back legs. He just caught the wooden ledge in his claws and dragged himself and the rat up and over, landing on the soft forest floor outside.

He drooped the rat, panting. "I brought a trophy." Batsong looked pretty rough and his shoulder was bleeding. Elmshadow grumbled and bounded to some bushes to grab a wad of cobwebs. He padded back and pushed the webs onto the wound without warning. "That should keep you together till we get back to camp."

Elmshadow nudged the dark warrior and grudgingly offered his shoulder to lean on.

Active Purrks
Elmshadow - The Collector
Cougarivy - Beefed Up
Sunsetpaw - Biligual, Flock Together:Tier 2
- - - - -
Character Site
- - - - -
Elmshadow
- - - - -
Shadowclan Healing
Old August 8th, 2021, 12:03 PM
murder is illegal

My Mood: Bored

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravensong View Post
Elmshadow watched Batsong's feathered tail disappear over the ledge. He sighed, relieved that at least he didn't have to worry about explaining the death of a clanmate to Dawnstar over their idea to pick a fight with some rats. But as soon as Batsong left his place, it was filled in by swarming black bodies. The pressure of the onslaught increased noticeably. He spun and slashed, letting the heat of the battle carry his paws as he waited for a window to open up for him to make his escape. He felt a searing pain light through his flank. He flipped and saw a fat black rat clinging to his pelt. He let out a long, growling hiss. The wave of rats faltered and he turned on the rat still clinging to his side, bit down at the base of its neck then he leaped, with the rat's neck still skewered in his teeth, on strong back legs. He just caught the wooden ledge in his claws and dragged himself and the rat up and over, landing on the soft forest floor outside.

He drooped the rat, panting. "I brought a trophy." Batsong looked pretty rough and his shoulder was bleeding. Elmshadow grumbled and bounded to some bushes to grab a wad of cobwebs. He padded back and pushed the webs onto the wound without warning. "That should keep you together till we get back to camp."

Elmshadow nudged the dark warrior and grudgingly offered his shoulder to lean on.
At most, Batsong felt more drained than he felt in pain. He leaned against Elmshadow, but kept most of his weight on his legs as to not have the tom basically carry him, knowing how sensitive the tom is to Batsong coming even a fox-length close. His amber gaze became softer and his pupils relaxed into wide circles for once. It was a bit strange but he just contributed it to his fatigue. He began limping alongside the sturdy warrior beside him. He decided that he would just tell Dawnstar that he'd gotten into a tussle with a opossum. If she even cared to ask anyway. Glancing at Elmshadow, Batsong sighs and then turns his gaze to the ground and with aching muscles, he just sunk into the ground. He was too tired to walk and he looks up at Elmshadow.
"You can go back to camp. I'll follow in a bit..."
The tom already seemed more than annoyed and so Batsong just offered to let him go free basically.
Old August 8th, 2021, 01:13 PM
Raven

Quote:

At most, Batsong felt more drained than he felt in pain. He leaned against Elmshadow, but kept most of his weight on his legs as to not have the tom basically carry him, knowing how sensitive the tom is to Batsong coming even a fox-length close. His amber gaze became softer and his pupils relaxed into wide circles for once. It was a bit strange but he just contributed it to his fatigue. He began limping alongside the sturdy warrior beside him. He decided that he would just tell Dawnstar that he'd gotten into a tussle with a opossum. If she even cared to ask anyway. Glancing at Elmshadow, Batsong sighs and then turns his gaze to the ground and with aching muscles, he just sunk into the ground. He was too tired to walk and he looks up at Elmshadow.
"You can go back to camp. I'll follow in a bit..."
The tom already seemed more than annoyed and so Batsong just offered to let him go free basically.
Elmshadow grumbled lowly. He looked down at Batsong then looked through the pine trunks toward the direction of camp. But he sighed and rolled his eyes. "You're an annoying mouse-brain but you are still a clanmate."

He faced the tom and laid down, tucking his paws underneath him a foxlength away from where Batsong had collapsed. "Rest a while then we'll continue when you're ready." He looked away from Batsong and scanned the forest lazily. "I'll keep watch."

Active Purrks
Cougarivy - Beefed Up
- - - - -
Character Site
- - - - -
Elmshadow
- - - - -
Shadowclan Healing
Old August 8th, 2021, 01:22 PM
murder is illegal

Quote:
Elmshadow grumbled lowly. He looked down at Batsong then looked through the pine trunks toward the direction of camp. But he sighed and rolled his eyes. "You're an annoying mouse-brain but you are still a clanmate."

He faced the tom and laid down, tucking his paws underneath him a foxlength away from where Batsong had collapsed. "Rest a while then we'll continue when you're ready." He looked away from Batsong and scanned the forest lazily. "I'll keep watch."
Batsong blinks, surprised at the fact that the tom didn't just leave.
"I thought you didn't like me though? I was expecting you to just leave honestly. You didn't seem like one to care about me- after everything especially."
He was compelled to go and perhaps groom the tom or nuzzle him or something out of appreciation but he decided it best not to. Instead, he just lay his head down and closed his eyes, sighing and resting quietly.
Old August 8th, 2021, 01:57 PM
Raven

Quote:

Batsong blinks, surprised at the fact that the tom didn't just leave.
"I thought you didn't like me though? I was expecting you to just leave honestly. You didn't seem like one to care about me- after everything especially."
He was compelled to go and perhaps groom the tom or nuzzle him or something out of appreciation but he decided it best not to. Instead, he just lay his head down and closed his eyes, sighing and resting quietly.
As Batsong finally quieted, Elmshadow sighed and let his muscles relax, noticing for the first time just how sore he felt. The wound on his flank ached hotly, his pelt was battered superficially by claw marks, and his muscles burned from the strain of battle. His ear flicked as he tried to tune out the sound of Batsong's breathing.

He reached around to groom himself. His fur was rough with missing lines, matted blood, and general disshevelment. He took his time making sure to lay all of the fur back and cover the wounds as neatly as possible. His mind wandered to Goldenstep. She'd be worried if I came back looking so dissdisheveled. His tongue stopped suddenly mid-stroke. Why did that even matter? All the better if she did fuss over him. She-cats loved to rescue and care for toms in such a state. It'd only bring her in closer.

He shifted, suddenly uncomfortable, and turned to watching Batsong for any signs of him being ready to continue on.

Active Purrks
Cougarivy - Beefed Up
- - - - -
Character Site
- - - - -
Elmshadow
- - - - -
Shadowclan Healing
Old August 8th, 2021, 02:08 PM
murder is illegal

Quote:
As Batsong finally quieted, Elmshadow sighed and let his muscles relax, noticing for the first time just how sore he felt. The wound on his flank ached hotly, his pelt was battered superficially by claw marks, and his muscles burned from the strain of battle. His ear flicked as he tried to tune out the sound of Batsong's breathing.

He reached around to groom himself. His fur was rough with missing lines, matted blood, and general disshevelment. He took his time making sure to lay all of the fur back and cover the wounds as neatly as possible. His mind wandered to Goldenstep. She'd be worried if I came back looking so dissdisheveled. His tongue stopped suddenly mid-stroke. Why did that even matter? All the better if she did fuss over him. She-cats loved to rescue and care for toms in such a state. It'd only bring her in closer.

He shifted, suddenly uncomfortable, and turned to watching Batsong for any signs of him being ready to continue on.
Batsong sat up and began cleaning his shoulder, making a face at the stench of infection. He licks his paw in an attempt to clean his eye from the blood. He looks at Elmshadow and stands up.
"Let's go. It'll become late."
He flicked his tail and began limping to camp, trying to be quick as the infection was burning and he didn't want it to get worse. But if he dies, he dies, less of a worry for him and he can think of at least one cat that would likely be happy. Or two actually. He got tired again quickly but he continued moving, his fur bristled for seemingly no reason and his eyes once again narrowed and blank. He was back to himself which was good for him, he didn't want to seem as soft. It would be against his father's wishes anyway.
Old August 8th, 2021, 02:36 PM
Raven

Quote:

Batsong sat up and began cleaning his shoulder, making a face at the stench of infection. He licks his paw in an attempt to clean his eye from the blood. He looks at Elmshadow and stands up.
"Let's go. It'll become late."
He flicked his tail and began limping to camp, trying to be quick as the infection was burning and he didn't want it to get worse. But if he dies, he dies, less of a worry for him and he can think of at least one cat that would likely be happy. Or two actually. He got tired again quickly but he continued moving, his fur bristled for seemingly no reason and his eyes once again narrowed and blank. He was back to himself which was good for him, he didn't want to seem as soft. It would be against his father's wishes anyway.
Elmshadow hopped to his feet, grabbing the rat from where he'd left it among a tree's roots, happy enough to be moving again. He slowed his pace to match Batsong's, walking just behind his shoulder and keeping a cursory alertness to the forest around them for any signs of trouble.

Active Purrks
Cougarivy - Beefed Up
- - - - -
Character Site
- - - - -
Elmshadow
- - - - -
Shadowclan Healing
Old August 8th, 2021, 02:46 PM
murder is illegal

Quote:
Elmshadow hopped to his feet, grabbing the rat from where he'd left it among a tree's roots, happy enough to be moving again. He slowed his pace to match Batsong's, walking just behind his shoulder and keeping a cursory alertness to the forest around them for any signs of trouble.
Glancing at the tom, Batsong stopped at the entrance and flicked his ear.
"You should get your wounds looked at. I'll wait until you've finished."
He sat down and began grooming himself casually as if he didn't have an infection. He was calmer than most cats in the same situation and was definitely not in a hurry to get it looked at. He was a strange one indeed.
Old August 8th, 2021, 02:58 PM
Raven

Quote:

Glancing at the tom, Batsong stopped at the entrance and flicked his ear.
"You should get your wounds looked at. I'll wait until you've finished."
He sat down and began grooming himself casually as if he didn't have an infection. He was calmer than most cats in the same situation and was definitely not in a hurry to get it looked at. He was a strange one indeed.
Elmshadow shrugged. He was unconcerned about the injuries but he was aware of the possibility of infection due to rat bites. So he'd just go get some herbs to avoid the fuss later. If the crazy tom didn't want to get his checked that was his problem.

Active Purrks
Cougarivy - Beefed Up
- - - - -
Character Site
- - - - -
Elmshadow
- - - - -
Shadowclan Healing
Old August 8th, 2021, 03:01 PM
murder is illegal

Quote:
Elmshadow shrugged. He was unconcerned about the injuries but he was aware of the possibility of infection due to rat bites. So he'd just go get some herbs to avoid the fuss later. If the crazy tom didn't want to get his checked that was his problem.
Batsong yawned and contemplated it. Getting up and went to get himself checked over and refusing to stay the night in the medicine den, retreated to his favorite corner of camp. The darkest corner where he blended in and wouldn't be seen and disturbed, not like anyone would anyway- friends? Family? What are those because he's got none. But it was best to just steer clear from any social interaction.