Last post by leopardheart00
Today 06:55 AM

Old January 16th, 2017, 07:34 AM
oh dear

My Mood: Queenly

Default Re: WindClan | RiverClan Border

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pink Orca! View Post
The young cat's muscles tensed as he watched, and then, without any thought of the fact that he couldnt swim, jumped into the river. As he hit the freezing water he gasped, most of the air leaving his lungs. Struggling to stay afloat as he made his way to the kit, he felt the icy water soak his fur, chilling him down to the bone and making everything feel excessively sharp. The calico tom reached the kit just as the branch slipped out of the tree root's grasp and caught the kit, bobbing under the surface as the branch hit the side of his head. He came back up gasping, the kit firmly in his jaws, and pain seared through him and he felt as if he was going numb, his thoughts beginning to blur as his body tried to focus on self-preservation and his mind on the kit. No... Redpaw, the kit, the kit first. That is the most important part of the code. Move!
Redpaw tried to swim sideways, but between lack of skill, pain, and cold, all he could do was keep the kit out of the frigid water. A sense of solid resolution came over him as he realized he wouldn't be able to escape with the kit... but the kit could escape without him. Remorselessly, he boosted the kit towards the bank, ensuring that he was close enough to drag himself up. He stuggled against the merciless current, trying to prevent the kit from falling backwards, but felt his strength leaving him as we went under for the third time. The orange calico's short fur was heavy and sodden and he could hardly drag his way to where he could touch the bottom before he collapsed several tail lengths from the tomkit, shivering and panting. "Are y-you okay?" he gasped, struggling in a vain attempt to get to his paws, scanning for the kit.
Fear rushed through him just like the freezing water rushed downstream. Mainly, Ripariankit was in complete shock, but felt a twinge of hope when Redpaw jumped in to save him, but right after, fear consumed him once more.
Dunked under the freezing water several times as Redpaw struggled to stay afloat, Ripariankit was hit by the sudden realization that it was likely that only one of them would live. Freezing cold, teeth chattering, and trembling like a leaf, Ripariankit silently prayed to StarClan that this other tom with the courage to save him would live to see a new day.
Dunked under again, this time, the icy water flooded into his open jaws. When they resurfaced once more, he sputtered and choked as it went into his lungs. His entire tail, both back legs, and forepaws, as well as his ears, were numb now, but in a stinging way.
Finally, after what seemed to be hours of struggling, Ripariankit was boosted up towards the bank, and he clawed at the dirt that suddenly seemed like the best thing ever. He coughed many, many times, shaking still as his sodden black and white pelt clung to his skin, weighing him down a bit.
After a moment of gasping desperately for breath, he looked around for the cat who'd saved his live. Hi's gaze finally fell on the said cat, and he made his way painfully towards him.
"Y-yes." He whimpered. "Wh-what about you? Sh-should I-I get G-geckoleaf? I-I don't kn-know what to d-do," Ripariankit cried, tears streaming down his sodden face. "Th-this is all my f-fault, isn't i-it?" He wailed, sobbing now.
the shade,
always comes at the worst times

character site: wip
art: my da
Old January 16th, 2017, 10:21 AM
mapless wanderer

Quote:
Originally Posted by fire ♡ View Post
Fear rushed through him just like the freezing water rushed downstream. Mainly, Ripariankit was in complete shock, but felt a twinge of hope when Redpaw jumped in to save him, but right after, fear consumed him once more.
Dunked under the freezing water several times as Redpaw struggled to stay afloat, Ripariankit was hit by the sudden realization that it was likely that only one of them would live. Freezing cold, teeth chattering, and trembling like a leaf, Ripariankit silently prayed to StarClan that this other tom with the courage to save him would live to see a new day.
Dunked under again, this time, the icy water flooded into his open jaws. When they resurfaced once more, he sputtered and choked as it went into his lungs. His entire tail, both back legs, and forepaws, as well as his ears, were numb now, but in a stinging way.
Finally, after what seemed to be hours of struggling, Ripariankit was boosted up towards the bank, and he clawed at the dirt that suddenly seemed like the best thing ever. He coughed many, many times, shaking still as his sodden black and white pelt clung to his skin, weighing him down a bit.
After a moment of gasping desperately for breath, he looked around for the cat who'd saved his live. Hi's gaze finally fell on the said cat, and he made his way painfully towards him.
"Y-yes." He whimpered. "Wh-what about you? Sh-should I-I get G-geckoleaf? I-I don't kn-know what to d-do," Ripariankit cried, tears streaming down his sodden face. "Th-this is all my f-fault, isn't i-it?" He wailed, sobbing now.
Redpaw shivered. "There is no was you can get back to camp by yourself. It isn't your fault you fell in," he choked out hurriedly, spitting water. "Get away from the water..." He sensed feeling freezing out of his paws. "Somewhere dry." He started coughing, but to no avail--none of his attempts to force the water from his lungs helped. "Get yourself home..." he trailed off, closing his eyes.I am going to die. I'll never see Mudpaw again. Get used to it, he topd himself silently, shuddering. (Sorry it's so short, mobile sucks.)
got wrecked by starless nights
but let my heart be wrecked by hurricanes
and my ship by stormy weather
i know i am a hero
and a hero is forever
Old January 17th, 2017, 04:46 PM
oh dear

Quote:
Redpaw shivered. "There is no was you can get back to camp by yourself. It isn't your fault you fell in," he choked out hurriedly, spitting water. "Get away from the water..." He sensed feeling freezing out of his paws. "Somewhere dry." He started coughing, but to no avail--none of his attempts to force the water from his lungs helped. "Get yourself home..." he trailed off, closing his eyes.I am going to die. I'll never see Mudpaw again. Get used to it, he topd himself silently, shuddering. (Sorry it's so short, mobile sucks.)
Ripariankit looked horrified. "Wh-what? I'm-I'm not leaving without you!" He exclaimed.
"Y-you just saved my life, I've got to repay you. I-I'll go find someone! They can help you! You can come to our camp- Gecoleaf can help you get better! You'll be okay and- and then you can go back to your clan! You can g-go back home to your clan after you get better. You're friends and mom and dad will call you a hero! You're a hero!" Ripariankit rambled, sobbing now, ignoring the numbness in his paws and tail.
"Wait- you wait here. I-I'll go get someone. Okay? I'll go get someone to help you." He said, not thinking very logically.
the shade,

Old January 17th, 2017, 05:09 PM
mapless wanderer

Quote:
Ripariankit looked horrified. "Wh-what? I'm-I'm not leaving without you!" He exclaimed.
"Y-you just saved my life, I've got to repay you. I-I'll go find someone! They can help you! You can come to our camp- Gecoleaf can help you get better! You'll be okay and- and then you can go back to your clan! You can g-go back home to your clan after you get better. You're friends and mom and dad will call you a hero! You're a hero!" Ripariankit rambled, sobbing now, ignoring the numbness in his paws and tail.
"Wait- you wait here. I-I'll go get someone. Okay? I'll go get someone to help you." He said, not thinking very logically.
Redpaw bit his tongue. "Y-you can't! You'll freeze!" he argued, teeth chattering horribly. Not that there's anyone at home who'd call me a hero. "It's too c-cold for you to be out there, there's no way you'd mke it back on your own..." The calico tomcat looked at the kit. "Don't," he finished feebly. Wow, if he isn't convinced to get help, that definetly didn't convince him not to.
i know i am a hero
and a hero is forever

Last edited by Ludicrous Lunacy; January 17th, 2017 at 05:09 PM.
Old January 18th, 2017, 03:38 PM
oh dear

Quote:
Redpaw bit his tongue. "Y-you can't! You'll freeze!" he argued, teeth chattering horribly. Not that there's anyone at home who'd call me a hero. "It's too c-cold for you to be out there, there's no way you'd mke it back on your own..." The calico tomcat looked at the kit. "Don't," he finished feebly. Wow, if he isn't convinced to get help, that definetly didn't convince him not to.
Ripariankit was trembling and thought quickly. If he left, Redpaw would likely freeze by the time he returned. Or he would freeze before he got to the camp.
Thoughts swirrled in and out of Ripariankit's mind before finally deciding to curl up beside Redpaw, trying to keep them both warm, and he supposed that they'd just have to pray to StarClan that a patrol would come around and find them before they both froze. Shivering at the thought, Ripariankit inched closer to the freezing tom, hoping that this would work.
the shade,

Old January 18th, 2017, 08:37 PM
mapless wanderer

Quote:
Ripariankit was trembling and thought quickly. If he left, Redpaw would likely freeze by the time he returned. Or he would freeze before he got to the camp.
Thoughts swirrled in and out of Ripariankit's mind before finally deciding to curl up beside Redpaw, trying to keep them both warm, and he supposed that they'd just have to pray to StarClan that a patrol would come around and find them before they both froze. Shivering at the thought, Ripariankit inched closer to the freezing tom, hoping that this would work.
Red smiled faintly at the gesture--It was adorable, and in other circumstances he may have laughed. But now, he was just clinging to the combined warmth of the kit and himself. Still shaking violently, the reddish-orange calico raised his head. Judging by the time, a patrol may come soon and save the kit. He was certain that he would be long gone by then, but the smaller tom had a much greater chance. "Don't worry, someone will come soon," he told the kit in the same weakening voice. Redpaw forced his eyes to remain open as he felt sleep-- or something darker and quieter--tugging at their lids.Hold on until the kit is safe, Redpaw.
i know i am a hero
and a hero is forever
Old January 19th, 2017, 05:57 AM
oh dear

Quote:
Red smiled faintly at the gesture--It was adorable, and in other circumstances he may have laughed. But now, he was just clinging to the combined warmth of the kit and himself. Still shaking violently, the reddish-orange calico raised his head. Judging by the time, a patrol may come soon and save the kit. He was certain that he would be long gone by then, but the smaller tom had a much greater chance. "Don't worry, someone will come soon," he told the kit in the same weakening voice. Redpaw forced his eyes to remain open as he felt sleep-- or something darker and quieter--tugging at their lids.Hold on until the kit is safe, Redpaw.
Ripariankit snuggled closer to Redpaw, actually warming up a bit himself. If he closed his eyes and turned his head to one side, he could almost imagine that he was in the nursery with his mother and sister.
Gossamerkit, he thought as the memory went away. She must be so worried! he thought, but tried not to panic.
A patrol would come soon, and find both him and Redpaw. They'd be saved and taken to their clans and families, Ripariankit assured himself. He noticed that Redpaw was shivering still, and tried his best to warm the other tom. "What's your name?" He meowed quietly after a moment.
the shade,

Old January 19th, 2017, 07:22 AM
mapless wanderer

Quote:
Ripariankit snuggled closer to Redpaw, actually warming up a bit himself. If he closed his eyes and turned his head to one side, he could almost imagine that he was in the nursery with his mother and sister.
Gossamerkit, he thought as the memory went away. She must be so worried! he thought, but tried not to panic.
A patrol would come soon, and find both him and Redpaw. They'd be saved and taken to their clans and families, Ripariankit assured himself. He noticed that Redpaw was shivering still, and tried his best to warm the other tom. "What's your name?" He meowed quietly after a moment.
"Redpaw," he responded, blinking. "And you are?" he inquired, setting his head back down and looking at the kit with his remaining blue eye. The calico tom bit his tongue as he remembered that this was probably the only cat who would ever remember his name. Red frowned slightly. (Sorry it's short ono I has to type it at school in the timespan of two minutes)
i know i am a hero
and a hero is forever

Last edited by Ludicrous Lunacy; January 19th, 2017 at 07:23 AM.
Old January 21st, 2017, 11:10 AM
oh dear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ludicrous Lunacy View Post
"Redpaw," he responded, blinking. "And you are?" he inquired, setting his head back down and looking at the kit with his remaining blue eye. The calico tom bit his tongue as he remembered that this was probably the only cat who would ever remember his name. Red frowned slightly. (Sorry it's short ono I has to type it at school in the timespan of two minutes)
Chocolate brown eyes fixed on Redpaw, Ripariankit shakily meowed, "Ripariankit. N-nice to m-meet you." If the circumstances were different, it might've been comical. Such an ordinary conversation just after almost drowning, and the other dying slowly. Ripariankit looked sadly at Redpaw. Please let him be okay, he thought miserably. He also hoped that a patrol would come across them soon. "I'm sorry, Redpaw." He meowed quietly. "For everything."
the shade,

Old January 21st, 2017, 11:30 AM
mapless wanderer

Quote:
Chocolate brown eyes fixed on Redpaw, Ripariankit shakily meowed, "Ripariankit. N-nice to m-meet you." If the circumstances were different, it might've been comical. Such an ordinary conversation just after almost drowning, and the other dying slowly. Ripariankit looked sadly at Redpaw. Please let him be okay, he thought miserably. He also hoped that a patrol would come across them soon. "I'm sorry, Redpaw." He meowed quietly. "For everything."
"How many times must I tell you it is not your fault?" he asked hoarsly, closing his eyes. "You didn't fall in on purpose, you'll be fine..." Redpaw broke off, coughing, as they felt energy draining from his body. "Don't be worried..."(SHRIEK SHORT POST *smashes keyboard*)
i know i am a hero
and a hero is forever