Go Back   Warrior Cats Online > Main Warriors Roleplay > RiverClan

Notice
Please make sure to read this important policy change and reminder!
Allegiances

ThunderClan
Leader: Bumblestar
Deputy: Spiderthroat
Medicine Cat: Wolfpaw
Medicine Cat Apprentice: None

ShadowClan
Leader
Dawnstar
Deputy
: Mistlewhisker
Medicine Cat: Mossfreckle

Medicine Cat Apprentice: Grousepaw

RiverClan
Leader
: Dusklion
Deputy:
None
Medicine Cat: None

Medicine Cat Apprentice:
Berrypaw

WindClan
Leader
Twilightstar
Deputy:
Crowtooth
Medicine Cat: Lightningstorm
Medicine Cat Apprentice: Rabbitpaw

Recent Threads
RiverClan Floodstone
by BEAR.
Last post by Concorde
Today 11:47 AM
Silent Training Thread ! ☆
Last post by Starphobia
Today 11:44 AM
Smothered in its cradle...
by Rani
Last post by Daragca
Today 11:43 AM
Willowpaw's Training! [p]
by squidz
Last post by squidz
Today 11:43 AM
New Home, New Us [ ALL...
Last post by Quietheart
Today 11:40 AM

Old December 13th, 2021, 07:01 PM
PopcornKing

Default Re: RiverClan Elders' Den

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brightlight View Post

--Brittleshore--

The grey elder turned his head to the side, smiling slightly at the kit's enthusiasm. Brittleshore remembered loving stories told by the elders of his time too, but he had never explicitly ran into the Elder's Den just to hear one. Brittleshore's whiskers twitched. How lovely. He already liked this young cat.

"What story would you like to hear?" He questioned the kit. Oh, he had many stories. Of when he had injured his leg for life, though that was a sad one. Of when he and his sister snuck out to see the Twolegplace, although he had just told that story to another kit. There was also the story of he nearly drowned himself when he had first leaned to swim...but it was also a bit, maybe too exciting.
Beetlekit:

His blue eyes grew wide with excitement, he was going to get a story, he was so bored!

"Anyworks" he meowed with a grin, he hoped the story would be a good one.
Old December 13th, 2021, 07:16 PM
Watch the world go by...

My Mood: Dreaming

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myself making popcorn View Post
Beetlekit:

His blue eyes grew wide with excitement, he was going to get a story, he was so bored!

"Anyworks" he meowed with a grin, he hoped the story would be a good one.
—Brittleshore—

The elder yawned slightly, then turned around, curling himself up in his nest. He adjusted his position to be more comfortable, careful of his bad leg. Brittleshore thought for a moment. Any story? Alright then.

“Would you like to hear the story about how I nearly drowned when I was first learning to swim?” Brittleshore’s whiskers twitched in amusement at the memory. Most Riverclan cats had a natural affinity for swimming. But that hadn’t been him. Even now, he wasn’t the most proficient swimmer.

"I will do my best."
Bump in 48 hours!

Characters
Clearlight | Daykit | Nightkit | Rainburst
Brittleshore | Slatefrost | Molly | Revel
•-----------------------⋅☾☼☽⋅-----------------------•
Old December 13th, 2021, 07:19 PM
PopcornKing

Quote:

—Brittleshore—

The elder yawned slightly, then turned around, curling himself up in his nest. He adjusted his position to be more comfortable, careful of his bad leg. Brittleshore thought for a moment. Any story? Alright then.

“Would you like to hear the story about how I nearly drowned when I was first learning to swim?” Brittleshore’s whiskers twitched in amusement at the memory. Most Riverclan cats had a natural affinity for swimming. But that hadn’t been him. Even now, he wasn’t the most proficient swimmer.

"Of course I do!" The kit yowled, his red tail lashing in excitement. He couldn't stay still, he bounced around, the he ran In circles before stopping at the elders feet

(I can no longer roleplay today, I will be back tomorrow)
Old December 16th, 2021, 08:27 AM
Watch the world go by...

Quote:
"Of course I do!" The kit yowled, his red tail lashing in excitement. He couldn't stay still, he bounced around, the he ran In circles before stopping at the elders feet

(I can no longer roleplay today, I will be back tomorrow)
--Brittleshore--

Brittleshore twitched his whiskers and smiled at the it's antics. How delightful. After settling himself into a comfortable position in his nest, Brittleshore began to speak. As he spoke, it seemed to him like he was starting to relive the memory of what happened that day, second, by second, by second.

"The day I almost drowned was a relatively calm and normal day. The sun was shining brightly, and it was the start of green-leaf. I had just turned into an apprentice a few days ago, so the excitement of that had worn off a bit. However, my mother decided that today would be the perfect time to teach me how to swim."

"Wake up!"

A loud yowl broke Brittlepaw out of his sleep, but he stayed still and kept his breathing even, hoping that whatever his mother needed him for, she wouldn't need it if he didn't wake up.

There was the muffled sound of pawsteps, and suddenly his mother's voice was closer to his ear.

"If you don't wake up, I'm not going to teach you how to swim."

Brittlepaw lept to his feet, his fur messy and his eyes wide. There was a smug expression on his mother's face.

"B-b-but but my mentor is supposed to teach me how to do that." Brittlepaw stuttered, unable to decide whether to feel happy or scared.

Clawtail scoffed. "Your mentor didn't think it was time to teach you yet. But I think so. You're big enough, strong enough, old enough. What else more do you need to swim? Besides, we're Riverclan cats. We should know how to swim early."

Brittlepaw hesitated. Two sides of him were at war with each other. On one, he wanted to learn because his sister had been holding it over his head recently that she could swim but he couldn't. On two, his mentor knew best when to teach him.

But Brittlepaw really wanted to learn. But it could be-

"Are you coming or what?" Clawtail snapped, her patience dwindling.

Brittlepaw nodded quickly. "I'm coming, I'm coming!"

It took him only a few moments to regret his decision. Why did he do that? Brittlepaw trailed miserably behind his mother.

"Oh. Finally learning how to swim, I see?" The calm, but slightly condescending voice of his sister broke Brittlepaw out of his misery.

Spliterpaw stood in front of him, a smug expression all too much resembling the one that was his mother's face on hers.

Splinterpaw shook her head, mockingly sad. "Your mentor didn't teach you earlier? And now you're making your poor mother do it? That's disappointing, Brittlekit. Disappointing."

Brittlepaw narrowed his eyes, feeling at spark of anger at his sister's tone, and way of not using his proper name.

Splinterpaw's eyes widened, in supposedly surprise, but there was a glint of mocking in them that turned her expression cruel. "Oh, I'm so sorry Brittle...paw...I used the wrong name!" Somehow, his sister made the apology seem like an attack, in the way that only she could.

Brittlepaw spoke now, voice tight. "It's fine, Splinter...worm."

His sister's eyes truly widened this time, first in shock, then in anger.

But before Splinterpaw could say anything, Brittlepaw hurried after his mother. He had learned from years of dealing with his sister that it was best not to let her get the last word in.

Brittleshore stopped there, smiling at Beetlekit. "Do you thinking Brittlepaw made the right choice in learning how to swim?"

"I will do my best."
Bump in 48 hours!

Characters
Old December 16th, 2021, 09:32 AM
PopcornKing

Quote:

--Brittleshore--

Brittleshore twitched his whiskers and smiled at the it's antics. How delightful. After settling himself into a comfortable position in his nest, Brittleshore began to speak. As he spoke, it seemed to him like he was starting to relive the memory of what happened that day, second, by second, by second.

"The day I almost drowned was a relatively calm and normal day. The sun was shining brightly, and it was the start of green-leaf. I had just turned into an apprentice a few days ago, so the excitement of that had worn off a bit. However, my mother decided that today would be the perfect time to teach me how to swim."

"Wake up!"

A loud yowl broke Brittlepaw out of his sleep, but he stayed still and kept his breathing even, hoping that whatever his mother needed him for, she wouldn't need it if he didn't wake up.

There was the muffled sound of pawsteps, and suddenly his mother's voice was closer to his ear.

"If you don't wake up, I'm not going to teach you how to swim."

Brittlepaw lept to his feet, his fur messy and his eyes wide. There was a smug expression on his mother's face.

"B-b-but but my mentor is supposed to teach me how to do that." Brittlepaw stuttered, unable to decide whether to feel happy or scared.

Clawtail scoffed. "Your mentor didn't think it was time to teach you yet. But I think so. You're big enough, strong enough, old enough. What else more do you need to swim? Besides, we're Riverclan cats. We should know how to swim early."

Brittlepaw hesitated. Two sides of him were at war with each other. On one, he wanted to learn because his sister had been holding it over his head recently that she could swim but he couldn't. On two, his mentor knew best when to teach him.

But Brittlepaw really wanted to learn. But it could be-

"Are you coming or what?" Clawtail snapped, her patience dwindling.

Brittlepaw nodded quickly. "I'm coming, I'm coming!"

It took him only a few moments to regret his decision. Why did he do that? Brittlepaw trailed miserably behind his mother.

"Oh. Finally learning how to swim, I see?" The calm, but slightly condescending voice of his sister broke Brittlepaw out of his misery.

Spliterpaw stood in front of him, a smug expression all too much resembling the one that was his mother's face on hers.

Splinterpaw shook her head, mockingly sad. "Your mentor didn't teach you earlier? And now you're making your poor mother do it? That's disappointing, Brittlekit. Disappointing."

Brittlepaw narrowed his eyes, feeling at spark of anger at his sister's tone, and way of not using his proper name.

Splinterpaw's eyes widened, in supposedly surprise, but there was a glint of mocking in them that turned her expression cruel. "Oh, I'm so sorry Brittle...paw...I used the wrong name!" Somehow, his sister made the apology seem like an attack, in the way that only she could.

Brittlepaw spoke now, voice tight. "It's fine, Splinter...worm."

His sister's eyes truly widened this time, first in shock, then in anger.

But before Splinterpaw could say anything, Brittlepaw hurried after his mother. He had learned from years of dealing with his sister that it was best not to let her get the last word in.

Brittleshore stopped there, smiling at Beetlekit. "Do you thinking Brittlepaw made the right choice in learning how to swim?"
Beetlekit:

The tom sat in silence, his eyes wide from the story. Slowly he shook his head "I want to swim" he meowed imagining to swim, then he thought a bit more about the story "why is your mom mean? Why is your sister mean? I want to hear more!" He whined lashing his red tail
Old December 18th, 2021, 09:40 AM
Watch the world go by...

Quote:
Beetlekit:

The tom sat in silence, his eyes wide from the story. Slowly he shook his head "I want to swim" he meowed imagining to swim, then he thought a bit more about the story "why is your mom mean? Why is your sister mean? I want to hear more!" He whined lashing his red tail
--Brittleshore--

Brittleshore smiled. "Alright, alright." He said. "Let us continue now."

----

Clawtail, his mother, shook her head at their bickering. She had never said a word to stop them or to support one of them all these moons, but it was clear she thought it was useless for them to do it when they could be hunting or training or some other useful task.

Clawtail set a brisk pace, and Brittlepaw tried as best as he could to match it, even with his bad leg. He hopped, walked, and even pounced a few times to stay close to his mother.

Finally, after a terribly grueling walk they arrived at a small stream. Brittlepaw peered down at it. How hard could it be? The water didn't look that deep, and the street's current seemed lazy. Even the color of the water was inviting, a bluish color that could almost rival the sky.

Brittlepaw looked at his mother, waiting for her to instruct him like his mentor always did before they learned something new, but Clawtail did nothing of that sort.

She just stared at him, cold blue eyes sharp.

Then, she lifted one paw and with an effortless movement, pushed Brittlepaw in.

The fall felt like it took forever.

Brittlepaw could hear a cat screaming, until he realized it was him. His limbs were failing, even the broken and useless one. But all the while, he could see his mother's cold, cold eyes staring down at him.

Brittlepaw had only enough time to stare in horror, only enough time to think 'Why would she do this?' before the fall ended.

He hit the water with a loud splash.

No. The stream was not inviting.

The water was cold. The current ran fast. And all around him, he could see not hung but the grey of swirling debris in the water.

Brittlepaw couldn't hear anything. Couldn't smell anything.

He couldn't breathe.

Brittlepaw tried to fail his limbs, but his limbs were heavy. His thick fur was weighing him down. Brittlepaw opened his maw, trying to get more air, but only swallowed water.

Brittlepaw tried to swim. He did. His limbs were moving as fast as they could in the water, but he was sibling. Up above, the bright surface of the water seemed suddenly far, far away.

Some cats were born with an instinct to be a good hunter. Some cats could fight as soon as they could walk. Some cats could swim right out of the nursery.

But that wasn't Brittlepaw.

As the darkness at the edge of his vision started to close in, Brittlepaw was dimly aware of a shape in the water, moving closer and closer.

He felt the shape hover in front of him, then suddenly there was his feeling of being lifted up. It was peculiar. It felt different in water.

Brittlepaw's head broke the surface and he gasped for air. Finally. Finally, instinct kicked his and as best he could with 3 limbs, Brittlepaw swam to shore. Rolling his soggy, water logged self onto the good earth, Brittlepaw just laid there, breathing.

Out of the corner of his eye, he could hear his mentor arguing with his mother, could hear them, but right now. Right now the only thing he could see was his sister.

Splinterpaw, right in front of him, with their father's light-ish brown eyes but their mother's cold gaze.

----

Brittleshore stopped suddenly, lost in thought. His own eyes were glazed over, as if he was remembering something from a long time ago.

"I will do my best."
Bump in 48 hours!

Characters
Old December 18th, 2021, 10:30 AM
PopcornKing

Quote:

--Brittleshore--

Brittleshore smiled. "Alright, alright." He said. "Let us continue now."

----

Clawtail, his mother, shook her head at their bickering. She had never said a word to stop them or to support one of them all these moons, but it was clear she thought it was useless for them to do it when they could be hunting or training or some other useful task.

Clawtail set a brisk pace, and Brittlepaw tried as best as he could to match it, even with his bad leg. He hopped, walked, and even pounced a few times to stay close to his mother.

Finally, after a terribly grueling walk they arrived at a small stream. Brittlepaw peered down at it. How hard could it be? The water didn't look that deep, and the street's current seemed lazy. Even the color of the water was inviting, a bluish color that could almost rival the sky.

Brittlepaw looked at his mother, waiting for her to instruct him like his mentor always did before they learned something new, but Clawtail did nothing of that sort.

She just stared at him, cold blue eyes sharp.

Then, she lifted one paw and with an effortless movement, pushed Brittlepaw in.

The fall felt like it took forever.

Brittlepaw could hear a cat screaming, until he realized it was him. His limbs were failing, even the broken and useless one. But all the while, he could see his mother's cold, cold eyes staring down at him.

Brittlepaw had only enough time to stare in horror, only enough time to think 'Why would she do this?' before the fall ended.

He hit the water with a loud splash.

No. The stream was not inviting.

The water was cold. The current ran fast. And all around him, he could see not hung but the grey of swirling debris in the water.

Brittlepaw couldn't hear anything. Couldn't smell anything.

He couldn't breathe.

Brittlepaw tried to fail his limbs, but his limbs were heavy. His thick fur was weighing him down. Brittlepaw opened his maw, trying to get more air, but only swallowed water.

Brittlepaw tried to swim. He did. His limbs were moving as fast as they could in the water, but he was sibling. Up above, the bright surface of the water seemed suddenly far, far away.

Some cats were born with an instinct to be a good hunter. Some cats could fight as soon as they could walk. Some cats could swim right out of the nursery.

But that wasn't Brittlepaw.

As the darkness at the edge of his vision started to close in, Brittlepaw was dimly aware of a shape in the water, moving closer and closer.

He felt the shape hover in front of him, then suddenly there was his feeling of being lifted up. It was peculiar. It felt different in water.

Brittlepaw's head broke the surface and he gasped for air. Finally. Finally, instinct kicked his and as best he could with 3 limbs, Brittlepaw swam to shore. Rolling his soggy, water logged self onto the good earth, Brittlepaw just laid there, breathing.

Out of the corner of his eye, he could hear his mentor arguing with his mother, could hear them, but right now. Right now the only thing he could see was his sister.

Splinterpaw, right in front of him, with their father's light-ish brown eyes but their mother's cold gaze.

----

Brittleshore stopped suddenly, lost in thought. His own eyes were glazed over, as if he was remembering something from a long time ago.
Beetlekit:

The tom sat in silence, his eyes wide with fear "g-go on" he whimpered, he never knew the water was so scary! He didn't notice how his tail taped on the ground in a slow beat, he was too terrified
Old December 19th, 2021, 08:25 PM

My Mood: Angelic

Quote:
Beetlekit:

The tom sat in silence, his eyes wide with fear "g-go on" he whimpered, he never knew the water was so scary! He didn't notice how his tail taped on the ground in a slow beat, he was too terrified

Wildstream. (POST: 1)

-------------------------

The tom with a coat as pale as dust can be was laying in a rather narrow corner. He began to lick his chest tuft after it getting tangled with brambles.

Once he finished, his gaze went to Bristleshore and the kit. He gaze a dissaproving scoff. The tom, not being too old, spoke his mind. He spoke without thinking.

He might not be the wiset, but his jaw opened, "You shouldn't scare kits like that. The water is our blood, our provider." Wildstream narrowed his eyes, lifting his golden paw to his ear.
Old December 20th, 2021, 09:08 AM
Watch the world go by...

Quote:
Beetlekit:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spottedwillow<3 View Post
Wildstream. (POST: 1)

-------------------------

The tom with a coat as pale as dust can be was laying in a rather narrow corner. He began to lick his chest tuft after it getting tangled with brambles.

Once he finished, his gaze went to Bristleshore and the kit. He gaze a dissaproving scoff. The tom, not being too old, spoke his mind. He spoke without thinking.

He might not be the wiset, but his jaw opened, "You shouldn't scare kits like that. The water is our blood, our provider." Wildstream narrowed his eyes, lifting his golden paw to his ear.
--Brittleshore--

Brittleshore smiled softly at Beetlekit's fright. "It's alright." He said. "Don't be too scared, I'm alive, aren't I? Still here."

Suddenly, interrupting and out of nowhere, another cat spoke. Brittleshore blinked, turning to face the other cat. He didn't look quite as old as Brittleshore himself, but old enough to be an elder. Strangely, Brittleshore had never seen him around here, though. Pricklystem, the only other elder he could remember, had disappeared, leaving him to be Riverclan's only elder. Where had this strange cat come from? Oh, well. He was sure he had missed something recently.

Brittleshore narrowed his eyes at the other cat. "Indeed. The water is our blood, as you say, our provider. But the water is also dangerous. We cannot be fooled by its serene exterior, and we must have as much respect for the water as we have love. That is the only way to live with the water. That is the point of the story. Weren't you taught this as a kit?" Brittleshore questioned. He remembered being taught this. The water was something to love, but that love couldn't overshadow the amount of respect you had for the water.

It was formidable. Dangerous even, when you weren't prepared. And if you forgot that, well, that was why some cats couldn't survive the water. Brittleshore didn't leave room for the other elder to speak, and merely continued on with his story.

----

Splinterpaw's emotionless eyes stared at him.

Brittlepaw blinked, then quickly got to his paws, ignoring' the way his head seemed to swim like it was full of fish when he did, ignored the way his vision blurred just a bit.

"What?" Brittlepaw asked, tired and cold and not wanting to deal with his sister right now. "What do you want to say about this now? That I had failed, that I'm never going to be a Riverclan cat? Because I can't swim?" He snapped.

But to his surprise, Splinterpaw said none of these things. "No." She said, mildly. "I was going to say that it was surprising that you fought for so long. You were under for quite a bit, we thought you were going to drown. But you held your breath for longer than any of us could." Splinterpaw tilted her head a bit, expression calculating. "You know, you would probably have swum just fine had mother not pushed you in."

Brittlepaw could only blink. And blink. Was this happening? Was his sister actually being kind to him, for once? Brittlepaw shook his head, not believing. He stayed silent.

Splinterpaw now had that look in her eyes that she always had when she had an idea. Splinterpaw looked, first, from the water to Brittlepaw. "You should swim again. Try again."

"What?" Brittlepaw jumped away from the water's edge in fright, looking over it in worry. The water was still looking inviting, it was still a brilliant color, but it now had a sinister quality to it. Brittlepaw thought that maybe it was because he had experienced what was underneath the surface.

Splinterpaw was unphased, and merely walked up to the river's edge. "That was a bad experience you just had, there. But that doesn't mean that every experience with the water will be bad. You should try again."

Brittlepaw stared.

"It's your choice." Splinterpaw meowed, backing away.

Brittlepaw turned his gaze towards the water, gulping. The water still looked inviting. But it had been so scary the last time...nevertheless, he was going in.

Brittlepaw closed his eyes, and jumped in.

----

Brittleshore stopped, looking at Beetlekit to gauge his reaction, in whether he should continue or not.

"I will do my best."
Bump in 48 hours!

Characters

Last edited by Brightlight; December 20th, 2021 at 09:10 AM.
Old December 20th, 2021, 09:19 AM

My Mood: Angelic

Wildstream. (POST: 4)

`~~~______~~~`+`~~~_______~~~`+`~~~______~~~`+`~~~ _______~~~`+`

The tom's eyes remained narrow, but he shook his head and argued no more. His fur had been puffed out with frustration, but he settled it down. He gave the elder a brief nod, his ears narrowing forward.

Wildstream opened his muzzle to respond, but he quickly shut it. Had he said something wrong? Wildstream was not one who enjoyed admitting he was wrong, but he shook this though out of his head, as he heaved himself upward.

He licked his paw, hearing Bristleshore go on about the story, he hardly knew any cat in Riverclan. Not cause he couldn't, he didn't want to. Despite him shooing away kits, he had a soft spot for younger toms and she-cats.

`~~~______~~~`+`~~~_______~~~`+`~~~______~~~`+`~~~ _______~~~`+`