Go Back   Warrior Cats Online > Main Warriors Roleplay > Outskirts

Notice
Please make sure to read this important policy change and reminder!
Allegiances

ThunderClan
Leader: Bumblestar
Deputy: Spiderthroat
Medicine Cat: Wolfpaw
Medicine Cat Apprentice: None

ShadowClan
Leader
Dawnstar
Deputy
: Mistlewhisker
Medicine Cat: Mossfreckle

Medicine Cat Apprentice: Grousepaw

RiverClan
Leader
: Stormstar
Deputy:
None
Medicine Cat: Berryshine

Medicine Cat Apprentice:
None

WindClan
Leader
Twilightstar
Deputy:
Crowtooth
Medicine Cat: Lightningstorm
Medicine Cat Apprentice: Rabbitpaw

Recent Threads
Evergreen Grotto
by Rose
Last post by sleepyyjax
Today 03:21 PM
ShadowClan Territory
by Fawn
Last post by alec
Today 03:20 PM
Sky Glade
Last post by Luna16
Today 03:18 PM
WindClan Clearing
by Ian
Last post by Alchemist Kitsune
Today 03:17 PM
RiverClan Skyridge
by BEAR.
Last post by Fish
Today 03:17 PM

Old October 14th, 2018, 05:59 PM
Something or Other

My Mood: Doh

Default The Big City

The city is loud and rambunctious. Created and inhabited by twolegs, it's inevitable that cats would break out from their owners and prowl the streets, as well as cats from many different backgrounds. One of the more famous cats is Wyndam. When she isn't prowling her abandoned twolegplace, she is found strutting along the streets of the city, attacking or terrorizing kittypets. Most cats know not to mess with Wyndam, as her claws are sharp and words threatening.

[Open to everyone, just check with me before posting]
@Pumpkinahtto
Buildings scraped the sky as clouds sidled over the sky. It was a beautiful day, cool and sweet-smelling. Twolegs let out long cries of happiness while slipping in and out monsters. From an alleyway between two tall buildings, a pair of bright emerald eyes danced between twoleg to twoleg as they pranced by. The eyes belonged to a cat, tall and lanky as she was. Crouching down, the brown ruff of Wyndam's fur was ruffled in discontent. Twolegs put her on edge. The she-cat enjoyed the secluded clearing of her abandoned twoleg nest. Though periodically twolegs would pass by, they never bothered her. Here, in the big city, twolegs were plentiful and seemed to always be out for skinny little Wyndam. But the loner was crafty. After living in the city for moons before she moved to the forest, she had developed a set of skills particular to surviving in the city. Slowly, deftly, like a fox, she moved, striking out her paws across the hard rock of the ground. She slithered past the twolegs, pressing herself against the buildings as she did so; she was barely visible.
Soon Wyndam came across a park. With towering trees and grass visible almost as far as the eye could see. The she-cat strolled through it casually, as twolegs were not quite as abundant in the enclosed area. It was her normal stomping grounds for when she visited the city. She was the queen of the park; no one messed with her

Last edited by Brunch; October 14th, 2018 at 05:59 PM.
Old October 14th, 2018, 06:31 PM
yikes

My Mood: Cringy
Default Re: The Big City

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatSpookyCloud View Post
The city is loud and rambunctious. Created and inhabited by twolegs, it's inevitable that cats would break out from their owners and prowl the streets, as well as cats from many different backgrounds. One of the more famous cats is Wyndam. When she isn't prowling her abandoned twolegplace, she is found strutting along the streets of the city, attacking or terrorizing kittypets. Most cats know not to mess with Wyndam, as her claws are sharp and words threatening.

[Open to everyone, just check with me before posting]
@Pumpkinahtto
Buildings scraped the sky as clouds sidled over the sky. It was a beautiful day, cool and sweet-smelling. Twolegs let out long cries of happiness while slipping in and out monsters. From an alleyway between two tall buildings, a pair of bright emerald eyes danced between twoleg to twoleg as they pranced by. The eyes belonged to a cat, tall and lanky as she was. Crouching down, the brown ruff of Wyndam's fur was ruffled in discontent. Twolegs put her on edge. The she-cat enjoyed the secluded clearing of her abandoned twoleg nest. Though periodically twolegs would pass by, they never bothered her. Here, in the big city, twolegs were plentiful and seemed to always be out for skinny little Wyndam. But the loner was crafty. After living in the city for moons before she moved to the forest, she had developed a set of skills particular to surviving in the city. Slowly, deftly, like a fox, she moved, striking out her paws across the hard rock of the ground. She slithered past the twolegs, pressing herself against the buildings as she did so; she was barely visible.
Soon Wyndam came across a park. With towering trees and grass visible almost as far as the eye could see. The she-cat strolled through it casually, as twolegs were not quite as abundant in the enclosed area. It was her normal stomping grounds for when she visited the city. She was the queen of the park; no one messed with her
Orbit sauntered on the fringes of the pathway, grubby young twoleg paws reached out at her and she darted away, hissing at the intrusion. Obviously the twolegs didn't know her infamous reputation. Sure, she was more well-known on the other side of the area, but that didn't mean that no one would recognize her. She was known for being charming and flirty, seducing cats and bending them to her will. The loner felt that she was quite good at it and that inspired a sense of pride in her. Slipping through the bars of a wide gate, she found herself in a large park, twolegs spread out in clusters across the grassy plains. She yawned and her eyes darted around, finally settling on a cat not too far from her. Passing a large rosebush, she rubbed up against it, ignoring the thorns and enjoying the sickly sweet smell of the flower. She felt that it represented her personality well, sweet on the outside, and deceiving with thorns on the inside. Confidence flowing through her, she strutted towards the she-cat, plastering a sharp smile on her face. "Hey," she called out, tilting her head upwards in a superior gaze. Orbit winked, "I'm new around here, mind showing me around?" She took a step closer, leaning her face in. She didn't think for one second that she was being too bold. The toms fell for it all the time, and a few she-cats, too. "You seem pretty familiar with the area, and I'm dying to get to know you," she said, her lips parting slightly. Her eyes glinted and she took another step closer. Twolegs around them paid no attention and mostly stayed away from the cats, giving them plenty of space. She widened her smile slightly tilting her head at the molly. She wouldn't dare oppose her, would she? Orbit didn't take well to rejection.
Old October 18th, 2018, 10:25 AM
Something or Other

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pumpkinahtto View Post

Orbit sauntered on the fringes of the pathway, grubby young twoleg paws reached out at her and she darted away, hissing at the intrusion. Obviously the twolegs didn't know her infamous reputation. Sure, she was more well-known on the other side of the area, but that didn't mean that no one would recognize her. She was known for being charming and flirty, seducing cats and bending them to her will. The loner felt that she was quite good at it and that inspired a sense of pride in her. Slipping through the bars of a wide gate, she found herself in a large park, twolegs spread out in clusters across the grassy plains. She yawned and her eyes darted around, finally settling on a cat not too far from her. Passing a large rosebush, she rubbed up against it, ignoring the thorns and enjoying the sickly sweet smell of the flower. She felt that it represented her personality well, sweet on the outside, and deceiving with thorns on the inside. Confidence flowing through her, she strutted towards the she-cat, plastering a sharp smile on her face. "Hey," she called out, tilting her head upwards in a superior gaze. Orbit winked, "I'm new around here, mind showing me around?" She took a step closer, leaning her face in. She didn't think for one second that she was being too bold. The toms fell for it all the time, and a few she-cats, too. "You seem pretty familiar with the area, and I'm dying to get to know you," she said, her lips parting slightly. Her eyes glinted and she took another step closer. Twolegs around them paid no attention and mostly stayed away from the cats, giving them plenty of space. She widened her smile slightly tilting her head at the molly. She wouldn't dare oppose her, would she? Orbit didn't take well to rejection.
The shade of the tree that the she-cat was under hid her from the prying eyes of twolegs. Wyndam gave he paw a distracted lick, drawing it quietly over her brown-tipped ears. With such a heavy diversion in casually preening her coat, the she-cat never noticed her opposite's arrival. When the cat began to speak, she spun around, her ears pinned back, and her tail lashing, with her paw drawn, and claws extended. The she-cat had smelled like flowers, which put the loner off for a moment. Slowly though, Wyndam realized that though the cat's mew was somewhat soft and dainty, it held an odd firmness, like what Wyndam had encountered in her own tone at times. With brow furrowed, she stared at the cat, trying to decipher her intentions. Slowly, the fluffy cat's paw met the ground once more, as she realized that the cat wasn't attacking, though her back was still arched. Her emerald eyes were narrowed, her eyes slits. The smile on the molly's mouth was too wide to be genuine, and Wyndam knew her apprehension wasn't for nothing. But slowly, though Wyndam knew she needed to be on her toes, she started to regain the composure that she had lost in the cat's appearance. "You're new around here," Wyndam crowed, "so I'll let you off the hook this time. But from now on, you need to know who I am." With a lick of her lips and a small, decisive smile parting on her maw, she continued, "I'm Wyndam, and I eat kittypets like you for breakfast." With that, she puffed up, her fur standing on end, and with her already big body mass, she seemed like a giant.
Old October 18th, 2018, 03:22 PM
yikes

Quote:
The shade of the tree that the she-cat was under hid her from the prying eyes of twolegs. Wyndam gave he paw a distracted lick, drawing it quietly over her brown-tipped ears. With such a heavy diversion in casually preening her coat, the she-cat never noticed her opposite's arrival. When the cat began to speak, she spun around, her ears pinned back, and her tail lashing, with her paw drawn, and claws extended. The she-cat had smelled like flowers, which put the loner off for a moment. Slowly though, Wyndam realized that though the cat's mew was somewhat soft and dainty, it held an odd firmness, like what Wyndam had encountered in her own tone at times. With brow furrowed, she stared at the cat, trying to decipher her intentions. Slowly, the fluffy cat's paw met the ground once more, as she realized that the cat wasn't attacking, though her back was still arched. Her emerald eyes were narrowed, her eyes slits. The smile on the molly's mouth was too wide to be genuine, and Wyndam knew her apprehension wasn't for nothing. But slowly, though Wyndam knew she needed to be on her toes, she started to regain the composure that she had lost in the cat's appearance. "You're new around here," Wyndam crowed, "so I'll let you off the hook this time. But from now on, you need to know who I am." With a lick of her lips and a small, decisive smile parting on her maw, she continued, "I'm Wyndam, and I eat kittypets like you for breakfast." With that, she puffed up, her fur standing on end, and with her already big body mass, she seemed like a giant.
Orbit studied the face of the cat in front of her. She didn't seem like the pushover type, which would make her hard to manipulate. It would take a lot of work, and even then it might not work; however, she could be a great asset to Orbit if used correctly. She smiled at Wyndam's behavior, so apprehensive. Her tail flicked back and forth in a playful manner, but also one of dominance. She straightened her posture, keeping a small smile on her face. Looking like she was interested was the key thing here, mess up the expression and things won't go your way. That's not to say things always went as Orbit planned, but in those cases, she pretended as though she was never flirting in the first place. The twolegs off in the distance interrupted the mood, but there was nothing to be done about that. While twolegs were indeed disgusting creatures, working around them was a part of daily life that one got used to. As the loner looked at the other cat, she noticed her trying to regain her composure. What she had to do was get under her skin before she was comfortable; the fact that Orbit was in Wyndam's territory made that bit difficult, but she would have to make do with what she had. Her ears perked up as she heard the animosity dripping from the other cats' words. That was unpleasant, but not unexpected. Purring slightly, she looked at the other molly with wide eyes, feigning ignorance. "Haha, no need to be bashful," she smiled, sending another wink at Wyndam. "I get that you're a strong kitty, that's why I need to you help me out here." She figured that adding in a bit of flattery wouldn't hurt, though Wyndam didn't seem like the type of cat to easily submit to anyone. "I'm no kittypet. I couldn't stand a day in that soft life with twolegs" Orbit said, shaking her head and smiling. So far this cat had only annoyed her, and if she wasn't going to get anywhere in the next few minutes, things were going to get ugly. She glanced at the cat's puffed up fur, unfazed. Talking big didn't mean she was going to do anything. Orbit was fairly strong, but if it came to a physical fight, she would most certainly lose unless she was able to escape.
Old October 20th, 2018, 08:59 PM
Something or Other

Quote:

Orbit studied the face of the cat in front of her. She didn't seem like the pushover type, which would make her hard to manipulate. It would take a lot of work, and even then it might not work; however, she could be a great asset to Orbit if used correctly. She smiled at Wyndam's behavior, so apprehensive. Her tail flicked back and forth in a playful manner, but also one of dominance. She straightened her posture, keeping a small smile on her face. Looking like she was interested was the key thing here, mess up the expression and things won't go your way. That's not to say things always went as Orbit planned, but in those cases, she pretended as though she was never flirting in the first place. The twolegs off in the distance interrupted the mood, but there was nothing to be done about that. While twolegs were indeed disgusting creatures, working around them was a part of daily life that one got used to. As the loner looked at the other cat, she noticed her trying to regain her composure. What she had to do was get under her skin before she was comfortable; the fact that Orbit was in Wyndam's territory made that bit difficult, but she would have to make do with what she had. Her ears perked up as she heard the animosity dripping from the other cats' words. That was unpleasant, but not unexpected. Purring slightly, she looked at the other molly with wide eyes, feigning ignorance. "Haha, no need to be bashful," she smiled, sending another wink at Wyndam. "I get that you're a strong kitty, that's why I need to you help me out here." She figured that adding in a bit of flattery wouldn't hurt, though Wyndam didn't seem like the type of cat to easily submit to anyone. "I'm no kittypet. I couldn't stand a day in that soft life with twolegs" Orbit said, shaking her head and smiling. So far this cat had only annoyed her, and if she wasn't going to get anywhere in the next few minutes, things were going to get ugly. She glanced at the cat's puffed up fur, unfazed. Talking big didn't mean she was going to do anything. Orbit was fairly strong, but if it came to a physical fight, she would most certainly lose unless she was able to escape.
A lofty smile was plastered to Wyndam's face. Though she was aggressive--assertive is what she called it--it didn't make her stupid. Yet Orbit had the audacity to act as though she was such. Wyndam was better than her, yes, she was better than everyone! She knew when one was being pulled over her, in fact, she was typically doing that to others. Wyndam knew that flick of the tail, the soft tone of voice, the smile that was only slightly too wide, for she had seen it in herself before. I'm nothing like that disgusting mouse-brain! She thought with a snarl. Before the she-cat could stop it, she yowled: "You think I'm stupid, don't you?!" With that, she inhaled, her emerald eyes focusing keenly on her opposite, wondering slightly how she would react. For whatever reason, Wyndam hoped badly, hoped that she would be so frustrated, so angered that she would be swept into a fight; she felt like a good scuffle would be good for her.
Old October 21st, 2018, 05:04 PM
yikes

Quote:
A lofty smile was plastered to Wyndam's face. Though she was aggressive--assertive is what she called it--it didn't make her stupid. Yet Orbit had the audacity to act as though she was such. Wyndam was better than her, yes, she was better than everyone! She knew when one was being pulled over her, in fact, she was typically doing that to others. Wyndam knew that flick of the tail, the soft tone of voice, the smile that was only slightly too wide, for she had seen it in herself before. I'm nothing like that disgusting mouse-brain! She thought with a snarl. Before the she-cat could stop it, she yowled: "You think I'm stupid, don't you?!" With that, she inhaled, her emerald eyes focusing keenly on her opposite, wondering slightly how she would react. For whatever reason, Wyndam hoped badly, hoped that she would be so frustrated, so angered that she would be swept into a fight; she felt like a good scuffle would be good for her.
Orbit's eyebrows were slightly raised as she waited for the other cat's reaction. Doubt began to wedge its way into her mind, telling her that perhaps she should cut her losses and quit while she was ahead, but of course, she ignored the preposterous internal suggestion. She obviously knew what she was doing, she had done it tons of times with only a few problems here and there; Orbit sincerely hoped that this wouldn't be one of those 'problems'. But as she studied the other cat more, she discovered some traits that they had in common, though she was obviously more tactful than to simply dismiss a cat they way Wyndam had done. Every time a cat talked to her, it was an opportunity to get another servant of sorts; she would've at least tried to seduce them first, as she was attempting to do now. Her muscles began to tighten as the other cat's expression changed from one of dismissive aloofness to one of anger and resentment. Oh dear, this wasn't going her way at all, was it. As it turns out, flattery can hurt. "Of course not!" she amended with a quick flash of her teeth, either a smile or a grimace she couldn't tell. "I just wanted some help, I suppose I don't know how to ask for it..." Lies, she mused, resenting that she had to appear stupid for this to work. It was acceptable, though, as soon she would be able to show Wyndam how intelligent she was. Of course soon she would bow down to Orbit with obedience as they all did.
Old October 22nd, 2018, 07:07 PM
Something or Other

Quote:

Orbit's eyebrows were slightly raised as she waited for the other cat's reaction. Doubt began to wedge its way into her mind, telling her that perhaps she should cut her losses and quit while she was ahead, but of course, she ignored the preposterous internal suggestion. She obviously knew what she was doing, she had done it tons of times with only a few problems here and there; Orbit sincerely hoped that this wouldn't be one of those 'problems'. But as she studied the other cat more, she discovered some traits that they had in common, though she was obviously more tactful than to simply dismiss a cat they way Wyndam had done. Every time a cat talked to her, it was an opportunity to get another servant of sorts; she would've at least tried to seduce them first, as she was attempting to do now. Her muscles began to tighten as the other cat's expression changed from one of dismissive aloofness to one of anger and resentment. Oh dear, this wasn't going her way at all, was it. As it turns out, flattery can hurt. "Of course not!" she amended with a quick flash of her teeth, either a smile or a grimace she couldn't tell. "I just wanted some help, I suppose I don't know how to ask for it..." Lies, she mused, resenting that she had to appear stupid for this to work. It was acceptable, though, as soon she would be able to show Wyndam how intelligent she was. Of course soon she would bow down to Orbit with obedience as they all did.
Wyndam was quiet for a moment, trying to decipher whether or not this she-cat was being sincere. Perhaps she had mistaken a kind, collective cat to have a hideous personality? She was taken aback by her opposite's calm and fluid reaction, as though her yowling didn't bother her. Of course it did! A strange cat yelling is bound to drive every cat in the area away. So why didn't this she-cat start running? Wyndam shook her head, her long whiskers twitching, and her claws working against the ground in an attempt to stop from lashing out at the cat. Wyndam understood now the cat's intentions, though perhaps not entirely. She knew that Orbit was trying to pull a fast one, and with that, the she-cat felt a strong pull of determination. I'll make her angry, make her lash out at me, yes. I'll show this Orbit how much smarter I am. She asked for this, trying to use me. With that, she took on an almost desperate look; it was ridiculous, as it was over-done in every way. Her ears were pinned back tightly against her head, and her emerald eyes stretched wide. "Oh, I'm so sorry!" she mewed, her mouth gaped in a mocked embarrassment. "I didn't know you were such a stupid kitty! I guess I'll help you... do what again? Show you the sights of the park?" Slowly, a small, ludicrous smile dawned across her lips, and her head was raised slightly, her tail lashing as she kept her anger under control.
Old October 22nd, 2018, 07:49 PM
yikes

Quote:
Wyndam was quiet for a moment, trying to decipher whether or not this she-cat was being sincere. Perhaps she had mistaken a kind, collective cat to have a hideous personality? She was taken aback by her opposite's calm and fluid reaction, as though her yowling didn't bother her. Of course it did! A strange cat yelling is bound to drive every cat in the area away. So why didn't this she-cat start running? Wyndam shook her head, her long whiskers twitching, and her claws working against the ground in an attempt to stop from lashing out at the cat. Wyndam understood now the cat's intentions, though perhaps not entirely. She knew that Orbit was trying to pull a fast one, and with that, the she-cat felt a strong pull of determination. I'll make her angry, make her lash out at me, yes. I'll show this Orbit how much smarter I am. She asked for this, trying to use me. With that, she took on an almost desperate look; it was ridiculous, as it was over-done in every way. Her ears were pinned back tightly against her head, and her emerald eyes stretched wide. "Oh, I'm so sorry!" she mewed, her mouth gaped in a mocked embarrassment. "I didn't know you were such a stupid kitty! I guess I'll help you... do what again? Show you the sights of the park?" Slowly, a small, ludicrous smile dawned across her lips, and her head was raised slightly, her tail lashing as she kept her anger under control.
Orbit was pleased with Wyndam's silence, it meant that the molly was thinking. Sometimes silence was taken as a bad sign, but in this situation, it could go either way. The other cat was becoming a nuisance, and Orbit was becoming more inclined to give up and walk away; but her pride wouldn't let her do that. Her eyebrows rose as she studied the cat, turning away slightly and pawing at the ground to make her stance look more natural and relaxed. If she seemed too eager, that would arouse suspicion. Orbit's eyes suddenly snapped back to Wyndam in almost a comical way as her facial expression changed. Composing her expression, confusion followed by a sense of loathing entered her mind. She gritted her teeth, but she knew that the other cat was trying to get her to snap, which she would try her hardest not to do. "Thank you for your concern but..."With barely bridled rage she both smiled and bared her teeth, "I would think you're the stupid one if you're such a bad judge of character." This was no longer a game of manipulation, but rather one of emotions. She could just walk away, but there was no way she was letting an insult like that without a response. Dropping all her charm she continued, "If you really think sight-seeing is what I'm after, be my guest. Just remember to be back in your twoleg nest before dark." A patronizing tone gradually entered her voice, becoming more apparent as she built up the insults. Turning to face Wyndam, she held her head high and looked straight at her, trying to look intimidating despite the size difference. "I wouldn't want a little kitten like you to get lost and lose their mother," she spat, flashing a small grin at the molly.
(ooh, this is gonna be fun)