Go Back   Warrior Cats Online > Off-Topic (OOC) > Visual Arts

Notice
Please make sure to read this important policy change and reminder!
Allegiances

ThunderClan
Leader: Bumblestar
Deputy: Spiderthroat
Medicine Cat: Wolfpaw
Medicine Cat Apprentice: None

ShadowClan
Leader
Dawnstar
Deputy
: Mistlewhisker
Medicine Cat: Mossfreckle

Medicine Cat Apprentice: Grousepaw

RiverClan
Leader
: Stormstar
Deputy:
Owltalon
Medicine Cat: Berryshine

Medicine Cat Apprentice:
None

WindClan
Leader
Twilightstar
Deputy:
Crowtooth
Medicine Cat: Lightningstorm
Medicine Cat Apprentice: Rabbitpaw

Recent Threads
In the Sick of Time
by BEAR.
Last post by BEAR.
Today 09:51 AM
Brokenstream Finder
by korok
Last post by goodacacia
Today 09:43 AM
QUARANTINE!!
by dino.
Last post by BEAR.
Today 09:39 AM
RiverClan Clearing
by BEAR.
Last post by nyme
Today 09:38 AM
ThunderClan Clearing
by dino.
Last post by picklepotatochip
Today 09:28 AM

Old February 5th, 2023, 08:51 PM
I'VE BEEN UNLEASHED!

Bump Policy: once every 5 days - 2 if time sensitive
My Mood: Sleepy

Default Hollykit's Mishap - A Hollykit VA

November 2022 - 1 moon old

Damn. Hollykit knew she shouldn’t have followed the patrol into the territory, now she was lost and alone. And oh stars… her fur was a mess! She had just wanted a little bit of adventure and was now unable to find her way back home. ”I want my mommy,” She mewed miserably. Of course, her mother was long dead at this point, but she was referring to her foster mother, Rainfall. The cat that she had come to know as her mother and who had cared for her up to this point. Hell, she’d even settle for the company of Honeykit or Redkit at the moment, she just wanted to see a familiar face. Wandering around, she was growing tired and was unable to scent the cats she had followed out here. Truth be told, the young she-kit was terrified. Perhaps she’d just sit down and wait for Rainfall or Thunderblaze to find her? Someone was definitely going to come to look for her, right?

Well, that’s what Hollykit decided she was going to do. She would wait. She was much too weak to continue onwards. Someone was going to find her out here, hopefully before something came along to eat her. First, she was going to do something about this unruly fur. The tortoiseshell began to set about grooming herself but after some time had passed, a cold wind shook her to her core. The sun was beginning to set and with that, the already chilly temperatures were beginning to drop. ”Someone please… help me…” She called out weakly. The poor kit was tired and with the last bit of her remaining strength, she pulled herself into a clump of grass. With tears coming to her eyes, she curled into a ball. ”Mommy come help me…” she called out once more before drifting to sleep.

That night, Hollykit slept fitfully. She was uncomfortable and had a dream of a horde of large brown birds coming after her. She was running as fast as her little legs could take her, but they were gaining on her. The screeches of the birds were close now, she could almost feel the wingbeats against her back and then suddenly she was airborne…

Hollykit woke with a tiny scream. Still trembling, she looked around and could see that the sun was already high in the sky and she was in unfamiliar territory. Where was Rainfall? Redkit, Honeykit, Songkit, Stormkit or Galekit? Oh yeah, that’s right. Blinking back the brightness from the sun, she remembered what had occurred the day before. The foolish kit had gone out into the territory and gotten lost. Hopefully, with some time passing and a bit of luck, Rainfall realized she was missing and was already out looking for her. ”Rainfall! Come help me!” She called out as loud as she could with her small voice.

Unfortunately for her, life had other plans and everything was about to change.

She called for her foster mother once more, before the stumbling approach of large footsteps caused her to grow silent. Something was coming, and it was coming fast. She pushed deeper into her patch of grass and lay down flat. Soon, the footsteps drew closer and closer until whatever was there would notice her if she dared even breathe too loudly. This was it. This was the end of Hollykit who barely had the opportunity to experience life. She would never again see her sisters or Rainfall, or her father. Or so she thought.

Hollykit helped her breath as whatever had come began to look for something in nearby grass clumps. Looking for something… A horrific realization dawned on the young kit. It was looking for her. She daren’t move nor make a sound for fear that she would get found. After a couple of heartbeats, she felt large warm, dirt-covered paws grab her. She protested and squirmed but they held onto her tightly, not allowing her to get away.

“Help me!” She screamed, “Someone help me!”. She continued to struggle and squirm but it was all in vain as she felt her body go weightless as she was lifted up from her spot. Whatever was holding her had a tight grip on her, and it was only a matter of time before she was brought face-to-face with whatever grabbed her. Her green eyes peered into large brown ones on a face that lacked any fur. This was a twoleg. Yup… she was going to die. The twoleg excitedly called over to another one that was significantly larger and began walking over to it. Hollykit struggled some more, even biting the twoleg kit but that did nothing but cause it to laugh at her. Laugh as if she were nothing more than a baby though that most definitely is what she was.

Two Weeks Later

Two weeks have passed since the day the twolegs found and catnapped her. Hollykit hated it. These twolegs had her handle the call of nature in some weird box that smelled horrendous, fed her some kind of weird wet slop that tasted nothing of the milk or prey she had become used to, AND always held her and messed up her precious fur! Oh, and did she mention they started calling her something else? Yew was the name they gave her, and she tried several times to tell them that her name was Hollykit! She wanted to get out of this place and see her family again, but they wouldn’t let her leave! She had tried to escape a few times in the last two weeks, but they wouldn’t let her out! There was some kind of contraption they opened and closed the den and some see-through material that she had walked into on multiple occasions, thinking freedom was right in front of her. She hoped Rainfall would come and get her soon.

A Month after that - Late December 2022/Early January 2023
The twolegs seemed particularly happy these last few days, leaving up bright lights and seeming more relaxed. There were times when the exit to the den (she found out that this was called a door) was left open for extended periods of time while they were bringing things in and out. She had gotten sick pretty early on but they took her to some weird den that smelled absolutely disgusting and forced her to drink some kind of liquid which caused her to feel better. That same place also stuck some things in her that left a sore spot on her body for a few days as well. She really wanted to go home, but she didn’t even know if anyone still thought about her. After all, it had been almost two moons since she last saw her family and she could hardly remember what they looked like. ’I just want my momma she often times found herself thinking.

Late January 2023, almost 4 moons old now

She was free! Hollykit/Yew/Whatever-at-this-point had finally managed to escape the twoleg den! Those silly no-furs had left the door open and she was able to sneak out without them seeing. Now she was heading back to where she could vaguely remember being brought from. Hopefully, she would come across a patrol or something on her way back to the camp. Being alone again was scary, at least the twolegs had fed her (though the “food” was disgusting). She’d have to endure if she was to be reunited with those she loved…

Two Days Later

The young kit was exhausted. Sleep and hunger gnawed at her as she made her way through the outskirts and into the territory. She had barely eaten anything the last few days, settling for nibbling on grass and such just to try to keep her strength up. Was it too late to head back to the twolegs? The first day and the day after she had escaped she could hear them calling for her, but she made sure to stay well hidden, both from them and potential predators. So far, she managed to avoid anything dangerous.

On the verge of collapse, yet again, Hollykit caught the familiar scent of a cat she hadn’t seen in moons. Rainfall? Hollykit mewed weakly, unable to form words at the moment. She pushed her little legs forward towards the once-forgotten smell of her foster mother. ’Mommy’ She thought as the smell got stronger. She was going to see Rainfall again! ’Mommy please don’t leave me’ she thought once more, getting desperate. After a moment she pushed through some shrubs and saw the queen. Tears came to her eyes as she saw the face of the cat who had taken care of her in her first moon of life. She stumbled towards her ”Mommy! Mommy I’m here!” She wailed desperately before collapsing and falling flat on her face. Her fur was a mess, her tired eyes wild, and she honestly probably looked as bad as she felt. She had found her way back home, she was going to be safe.

(At some point I may edit this and flesh it out some more or something idk or add additional posts to go over some of the happenings in detail)

Little Disclaimer: I live in EST (UTC-5) and my sleep schedule is completely messed up, so posts may be erratic
My Characters

Basic Cat Genetics|Dark's Collection of VAs|
My OC Q&A!
velli lurked here

Last edited by Dark; February 5th, 2023 at 08:57 PM.