Today 06:23 AM
Paste the last thing you...
Last post by zBlaze
Today 05:21 AM

Old June 19th, 2020, 03:36 PM
Ambivert

My Mood: Hopeful

Default Elemental's Charrie Patrols

Here will be my patrol log so I know which patrols my characters have been on.
{Foggykit}{Mouseleap}
Windclan:
{Songkit}{Fallenghost}
Thunderclan:
{Seedcrush}{Pineapple}
Profile pic is by alan
Old June 19th, 2020, 04:06 PM
Ambivert

Default Re: Elemental's Charrie Patrols

Splashfury
5/26/20-6/7/20

~
Splashfury lead Coastpaw to where they had a hunting session last time. She knew he was capable of swimming so she lead him to where most of the fish were at. "Over here has really good fish. Try to practice the techniques that you learned from the last training session and then when you have become a pro, you will learn more moves."Splashfury crouched close to the river with her claws out ready to fish and watched as tiny minnows darted by and hoped that they would be a good bait for bigger fish. Just then a yellow perch was swimming down into her hunting circle and she quickly hooked it and pulled it out. When it was comfortably out of the water wiggling like a viber, she crunched its spine to send the killing blow and laid it hidden inside a plant.

Coastpaw did as she asked, approaching the bank with a deep breath. He had learned his lesson from falling into the water last time, though it was indeed tempting to "accidentally" fall in to cool off in the heat of the day. But, he wouldn't do that in this moment at least. The apprentice took position, glancing over at Splashfury to quickly check himself and his stance. He grinned as he witnessed his mentor quickly catching herself a fish almost immediately, impressed by the combination of her skill and luck. Then, he turned back to the water and waited for his chance to catch one, keeping concentration for now. It was hard for him to keep so still for such a long period, so he hoped one came into reach quickly.

Splashfury was about to catch a white perch when a dark shadow loomed infront of her and catch the fish before her. She looked up and growl, "HEY! That was clearly mine, you stinker--"When Splashfury looked all the way up, she found her eyes locked onto a heron that was eating her fish. The heron squawked and spat out 2 of the bones at her face. She recoiled in shock as the bones that were covered in its saliva oozed down her face and plopped into the pond which scrambled the fish below. In anger she splashed water onto her face and the heron shrugged and hopped of to Coastpaw to steal his fish.

Coastpaw saw his opportunity and swiped a fish out of the water with surprising ease, though it had been a bit sloppy and probably scared the other fish away. Turning to Splashfury to show her his second catch ever with pride, he saw the encounter just as it happened. He watched in surprise as the very large bird scooped the fish that his mentor had been aiming for right out of the water and then spat the bones right back at her face. "Pft," He was beginning to laugh but it was cut off as the bird swooped to him next and stole his own fish right out of his paw. "What the heck!" However, as it loomed over him, his quick anger faded to be replaced with a bit of fear. This bird was large and could and probably would beat him up if it wanted to. He quickly retreated a few steps from the water, watching it wearily.

Splashfury sprang onto the heron's back and mewled, "You are replacing those fish mister! No shoplifting allowed!"The heron squawked in surprise and tried to fling her off. But because of its long neck, it tried to peck her but she sunk into it's neck further until she heard a snap and the heron fell to the ground. She dragged it's body and meowed to Coastpaw, "Do you want to catch more fish or would you like to go back to camp?"

Coastpaw jumped in surprise as Splashfury suddenly leaped onto the heron's back and, with only a little bit of struggle, took it down like it was any other prey option. He stepped forward and sniffed warily at the big bird, which was bigger than the both of them combined, before relaxing now that it wasn't a threat to him. "That was really cool," He meowed, still a bit in awe. "I don't think I could catch enough fish to compete with having taken down a heron." The marbled tabby tore his gaze from the dead bird to look at his mentor again; she didn't even seem fazed by the accomplishment while Coastpaw had never seen anything like that in his entire life.

Splashfury nodded her apprentice and meowed, "I'm pretty sure with you doing so well during your training may result you ending up catching something bigger. Feel free to catch more fish as I pick up that yellow perch I fished earlier." she padded to the plant dragging the heron along to make sure no other creature would steal her food.

Coastpaw nodded and got to work as she went to hide the heron to eventually collect later after they were done fishing. He returned to his initial spot by the water, shaking off the whole shock of the heron thing and getting back to fishing. He took position along the shore and stared into the depths, making sure to stay focused. The apprentice took his first shot and did miss this time, as he was still new at the whole fishing thing. But, he did manage to catch a second fish after a few fails; and it was bigger than his first. This time he just cast Splashfury a grin, more focused on tucking the fish away so nothing would steal it this time.

Splashfury finished hiding the heron and fetching her perch. She heard a splash and turned to find that Coastpaw had caught a fish. She smiled back at him and meowed in approval, "Nice! Also, good instincts to watch the fish as that dude who is now going to replace the fish on the pile. Would you like to go back now? I think we could feed half of the clan with your big fish and the heron I er 'hunted' XD."

Coastpaw swiveled his head toward Splashfury as she spoke up once again, listening to what she said. "Ah, yeah! I think I've had enough." He replied, gathering his fish and standing. The apprentice had started to grow antsy from staying so still, so he was glad to be able to go do something else for now. Short hunting sessions suited his short attention span much better than long ones. "Do you need help carrying that big thing?"

Splashfury grinned as she was excited to replace the darn heron on the prey pile. Good thing it was big and could and would feed at least most of the kits in the nursery. She started to pick up the fish and the heron in her mouth but the heron was kind of bigger than she expected. She carefully placed it down and meowed, "If you could help me, that would be amazing!"She grabbed the feet or was it claws? Wait, what was the name of the feet thingy of a bird called again? she wondered as she picked the claws of the heron and let Coastpaw pick up the neck of the heron to carry back to camp.

Coastpaw laughed and padded over to grab the neck of the heron around his fish. After a second of rearranging the things clamped in his jaws, he lifted his side and helped his mentor carry her large catch to camp.

(Reporting the patrol)

Splashfury lead her apprentice to the leader of the clan, Lionstar. She didn't want to forget to report back to the leader knowing that she might be busy soon so it was best to do it now than never. She carefully placed down the heron and the fish next to it and nodded to Coastpaw that they could rest their jaw muscles while they reported their hunting to the leader. "We had a very successful hunt I caught a small perch plus this heron and Coastpaw caught a very large sized fish. You may be wondering why I hunted this heron. I hunted it because it thought it would be funny to steal our fish from our paws and spat the bones at my face. Since we grew large in numbers, I thought it would be beneficial for the clan to have a decent sized prey."she meowed as she shifted the fish in front of the heron's neck to cover the rage scratches she gave it. If Coastpaw had energy, she and him could pluck the feathers and change some bedding in some of the dens. Splashfury nudged her apprentice to let him say anything he wished to say to Lionstar.

Coastpaw approached Lionstar and dropped his large bass and the neck of the heron he had been helping carry as Splashfury reported to Lionstar. "She took it down very smoothly," He added after her mentor finished her explanation, proud of his mentor for taking down the bird that had frightened him to the point of freezing in place.

Splashfury purred a thank you to her apprentice as he complemented her hunting. The scratches on the heron's neck would disagree but she let it slide.

Well.. that was a big bird! Very impressive. Lionstar noticed the excessive tinge of blood around its neck but didn't care. "Nice work, both of you!" That heron could feed half the nursery. "Why don't you drop the bird off in the nursery once it's been plucked?"

Splashfury smiled at Lionstar’s praise. “Thank you, Lionstar!” she meowed and picked up the heron and fish.

~
(End of patrol)
{Foggykit}{Mouseleap}
Windclan:
{Songkit}{Fallenghost}
Thunderclan:
{Seedcrush}{Pineapple}
Profile pic is by alan
Old June 25th, 2020, 04:17 PM
Ambivert

Default Re: Elemental's Charrie Patrols

Splashfury
6/12/20-6/23/20

~
Splashfury waited to see if her name was called and got the patrol for Sedgewater Valley. Dipping her head to Lionstar, she went to summon Coastpaw and Lightfeather. Splashfury waited for both of them to show up as well as waiting to see if they are looking for her.

Coastpaw perked up when he heard his name called among the numerous patrols, popping to his paws and finding Splashfury almost immediately after Lionstar had finished talking. "My first border patrol." He mewed with a giant grin. "This is so exciting!" He waited for Lightfeather beside his mentor, trying and failing to not look like an excited full-grown kit.

Splashfury smiled at her apprentice fondly, “Ooh, first timer? It may be tiring at first but you will get used to it. I can tell you that you definitely will get used to it.” Splashfury thumped her tail impatiently. Shouldn’t a warrior be on time? “LIGHTFEATHER?!? WE PLAN TO LEAVE SOON!! DON’T MAKE US WAIT FOR SO LONG!”

Lightfeather just stood, lost in thought and not paying attention. Ugh... I hate this feeling... (the common 'what to do with my life' kinda thing TTwTT) She didn't realize she was about to go on patrol... Lightfeather had been thinking randomly all day, not giving a crap about what was going on. The only thing that changed about her was her pelt. It was a little bit clean... only a few twigs here and there, but that didn't matter.

Splashfury gave a sigh of relief when Lightfeather finally showed up. At least she didn’t need to ask the high rankers to flay their pelts. “Took you long enough, Lightfeather! We are leaving.” As Splashfury lead her patrol to the Sedgewater valley, she paused to sniff the air. Nothing seemed out of the ordinary so she decided to renew a scent marker. Checking back on her group, she made sure they were doing well.

"Better late than never." Coastpaw sing-songed in response to his mentor to break any bit of tension caused by the other warriors late arrival - besides it hadn't been too long. He followed Splashfury through the territory to sedgewater valley once Lightfeather had met up with them, humming softly underneath his breath as they moved through the underbrush quickly toward the border. Once there, he mirrored what Splashfury was doing - sniffing around and marking spots that needed scenting. Suddenly, he caught a whiff of something weird. "Huh? What's that scent?" It was vaguely familiar but Coastpaw couldn't place it, but it was certainly fresh smelling. The fur bristled along his spine in response: it smelt dangerous.

Splashfury sniffed at where Coastpaw had scented something and snarled, “Coyote! Carefully follow and do not make any sudden moves!”

Lightfeather immediately stopped what she was doing, holding her breath. C-Coyotes? She didn't hear Splashfury wrong, she definitely said that there were coyotes. Okay... do what she says... just do it. Slowly follow and don't screw up.

Splashfury cautiously stalked the scent trail and growled when the scent was blinding. Hiding into a plant, she saw a female coyote lying still with flies swarming over it. She also heard something whining in protest and poked the clearly dead body. “Hmm, it seems as if the mother of the coyote cubs is dead... I am guessing by the fact that there is no wounds on her and a pool of blood on the cubs is that something went wrong during birth. But, when the coyotes mature they will be a threat. We must moved them to an animal that is nursing their young and let them stay with them as long as they are far from the territory. There are 3 of the cubs and 3 of us. They are smaller than us so lets get going gang.”she reported to the group and made sure that they weren’t going to do anything rash.

Coastpaw stiffened. "Coyotes?" His blue eyes widened, having heard about them but never seen them. Using his nose, he detected the correct direction they were in, pointing with his tail. "Over there..." The apprentice whispered, standing by to let the older cats go first and following behind once they moved.

Lightfeather's fur bristled. Carry a coyote cub? I'd rather carry Shadowclan scent for a moon... wait. That makes me sound like I would rather join them! She shook the thoughts away, not wanting to think about any other clan. "So... do we start..?"

Coastpaw's eyes widened more when he saw the dead coyote, his fur bristling in reaction. Then, he looked incredulously at Splashfury when she explained what they should do. "If they're such a threat, then shouldn't we just leave them to die? It's not like they're kits, we're not obligated to help them... and I don't know if we should."

Lightfeather had a deadly look in her eyes. "This might sound stupid (like me), but what if we could put them in the freshkill pile...? Nah, never mind, that sounds mousebrained." They only ate fish, right? They're RiverClan cats... not ThunderClan cats.

Splashfury looked in shock at Lightfeather’s idea. “TRYING TO HUNT CUBS THAT COULD POSSIBLE HAVE POISON IN THEIR TEETH IS A TERRIBLE IDEA! I agree with Coastpaw that we should scare them off.”she yowled as soft as she could without notifying the cubs that they were there. “Coastpaw, you can be the back up and make sure that none of them run into the direction of our camp. Lightfeather, take the right and I will take the left.”

Coastpaw couldn't help to giggle at Lightfeather's comment, it was just so funny. Eat them? He only quieted down once Splashfury replied, but still looked greatly amused. However, he put his serious face on once instructions were given for them to chase these small coyote pups off their territory. "Roger that." He meowed, puffing up his fur to look scarier.

Splashfury unsheathed her claws growled, "Be ready for the splash of fury!" Once she was close to one of the cubs, she made hissing noises and the cub howled to their littermates to run. Seeing that one of the cubs had went passed her she quickly turn to Coastpaw to show that one had escaped. Hoping that the apprentice has gotten the message about the escaped cub, she turned back to the pair trying to defend themselves.

Seeing that Lightfeather was busy with their mind, she snarled and took over 2 of the cubs and used the anger to make them run. Once she saw the fluff balls bounce over towards the two-leg place, she huffed in approval. Running towards Coastpaw to help them with their cub, she pick it up and shoved them after their littermates. Hoping that did the part, she decided that the body should be buried. "Coastpaw, once you are done and make sure that you are still in one piece, please help me bury the mother's body." she meowed since Lightfeather seemed paralyzed in fear.

Seeing that Lightfeather wasn't going to be much of a help in this patrol, she turned away angry at the warrior and buried the mother of the cubs with the apprentice. Seeing that the hole was big enough for the body, she slowly propped the coyote cubs' mother inside of the hole and covered dirt over it while batting the flies that tried to annoy her. Once the body was done with, Splashfury checked to make sure that the cubs were long gone before washing herself up. Finding a decent sized clump of a tiny bush, Splashfury placed it over the body to not attract anymore creatures like a hawk into the territory. Hoping that the cubs were long gone from Riverclan and satisfied that they were done with the markers, Splashfury tapped her apprentice's shoulder plus Lightfeather's shoulder and meowed, "Coastpaw...LIGHTFEATHER....it's time to go back to camp to report to the high rankers about our findings." With that last note, she turned to camp.

Coastpaw helped Splashfury with burying the coyote mother's body, wrinkling his nose at the corpse that was beginning to stink like prey that had been left out in the sun for too long. "Finally done." Even he was a bit mad that Lightfeather hadn't helped at all. With a nod toward Splashfury, he followed her back toward camp.

(Splashfury and Coastpaw head back to camp to report the patrol)

Lightfeather snapped back to reality, realizing that Splashfury (and Coastpaw, I think?) had already gotten rid of the cubs. Shoot! I shouldn't be standing around while my clan mates do all the work! Letting out a sigh, she mumbled to Splashfury, "Sorry I stood to the side like an idiot while you and Coastpaw did all the work..." Maybe she could make it up to her? "Is there anything else I could do to help out?" she asked, determined to do something to help out her Clan. Ugh. I feel like an apprentice.

(Lightfeather runs to follow them)

Splashfury shook her anger off of herself to not look like a kit with problems before she reported the patrol's findings to Lionstar and Sootflare. Splashfury really didn't want to report Lightfeather for being inactive during the scaring of cubs but it was what it was. Lightfeather would have a lighter punishment due to at least showing up and trying to follow along with the group. After they disproved of wanting to pick up the cubs by their scruffs, Splashfury expected them to give an idea but what they actually did was be a immature cat to blab about dead talk. That made her angry because she expected a warrior to be more mature in front of an apprentice.

Feeling better after she took a breather and checked on her apprentice, she padded up to the high rankers of Riverclan. "Hello Lionstar and Sootflare," she began, "We patrolled the Sedgewater Valley and finished renewing the markers. Coastpaw picked up a scent of coyote and it turned out to be a dead mother and 3 cubs. I suggested picking them up and placing them outside the territory but Coastpaw being the smart one suggested that we scared them off the territory instead. That is exactly what we did and I am pleased to report that the coyote cubs are off the territory and threat list. We buried the body of the mother so then it would not attract anything else. Unfortunately, we have to say that Lightfeather did join us to the patrol but went inactive during the coyote situation leaving Coastpaw and I to go scare off the cubs ourselves. That is all we have to report for the Sedgewater Valley patrol."

Dipping her head to Lionstar and Sootflare to show that she was finished, she let Coastpaw have a chance to talk to them if he had anything to say. Wondering if Lightfeather was done with their business of whatever they were doing, she turned to the high ranks to hear if they have any feedback.

Coastpaw padded in alongside Splashfury, nodding alongside as his mentor explained the events of the entire patrol. He didn't have anything to add since she did a thorough job, only smiling a tiny bit when she mentioned that they went along with his idea for getting rid of the coyote cubs. Instead, he waited for their response.

Lionstar's pelt itched as Splashfury relayed the report. Of course Lightfeather was an issue-- when hadn't she been? Letting her rejoin after her disappearance was becoming a regret.

"Good job getting rid of the foxes.. I'll speak with Lightfeather about her behavior." Lionstar wasn't happy with that one. "If that's all, you two are good to go."

“Thank you, Lionstar.” Splashfury meowed as she stepped away from the patrol report area. Done with the patrol and the patrol report, she felt a bit satisfied with the work her and her apprentice had done so far. Now she could move onto other matters such as Coastpaw’s assessment coming up.

~
(End of patrol)
{Foggykit}{Mouseleap}
Windclan:
{Songkit}{Fallenghost}
Thunderclan:
{Seedcrush}{Pineapple}
Profile pic is by alan