Go Back   Warrior Cats Online > Off-Topic (OOC) > Visual Arts

Notice
Please make sure to read this important policy change and reminder!
Allegiances

ThunderClan
Leader: Bumblestar
Deputy: Spiderthroat
Medicine Cat: Wolfpaw
Medicine Cat Apprentice: None

ShadowClan
Leader
Dawnstar
Deputy
: Mistlewhisker
Medicine Cat: Mossfreckle

Medicine Cat Apprentice: Grousepaw

RiverClan
Leader
: Dusklion
Deputy:
None
Medicine Cat: None

Medicine Cat Apprentice:
Berrypaw

WindClan
Leader
Twilightstar
Deputy:
Crowtooth
Medicine Cat: Lightningstorm
Medicine Cat Apprentice: Rabbitpaw

Recent Threads
"it never rains in...
Last post by alec
Today 01:50 AM
Milkbee Design Competition!
Last post by Eidolon
Today 01:36 AM
Smothered in its cradle...
by Rani
Last post by FadingWhispers
Today 01:01 AM
EYE ON THE TARGET AND,...
by nyme
Last post by nyme
Today 12:32 AM
Leapingpaw's Training [P]
by Fish
Last post by Fish
Today 12:32 AM

Old July 21st, 2023, 08:48 PM
fangs into flesh ♛

Bump Policy: 4 days [time sensitive: 2 days]
My Mood: Queenly

Default We often forget the past, but i’ll take you with me

Minnowkit, awake at the crack of dawn. The small calico kitten was eager to climb out of this place and find Daddy! Rah! But being about 3 moons old wouldn’t make this easier, grr! Minnowkit was trapped until her Mama woke up! Attack mode! It was so on! “Free me Mama! Or I’m gonna super bite you! I wanna see Daddy!” The queen only wearily giggles at her young she-kit. Minnowkit wouldn’t bite Troutblaze that hard, just a nibble. “You asked for it, Mama!” NOM! Minnowkit sunk her little teeth into the larger Shecat’s tail tip. With a swift and small jump upwards from the formerly sleeping queen, the calico knew she had won! A words coming out in a yawn as the much bigger cat scooped Minnowkit up by the scruff. “YAY! DADDY HERE I COME!” She squeals, hearing a small chuckle from the other cat as they exit the nursery. Head turning to scan the camp for her mate, Minnowkit couldn’t help but notice the instant (and brand new) pep in the queens step as they both spotted Flowerleap.

The lean silver tabby’s cat’s sudden smile as Minnowkit was placed down, now racing to the section in the clearing and jumping into him as he wrapped a paw around the kitten. Greeting his mate with nuzzle on the cheek, Minnowkit jumped out from the embrace. A smile wide of the kittens face as her Mama spoke. “Minnowkit was dying to see you, even bit me.” Both parents give small chuckles towards the past actions of their kitten. “Daddy! How was dawn-patrol! Did you see the uh uh those things that Mama says differently, yeah those things!” The kitten’s questions were met by a clear look of a confusion was both the older cats answer and fill in the blank almost at the same time. “A settlement?” “A clan?” Mama said that weird. A Settlement…? But Daddy called it a clan…?

” Silence fills the three of them before Minnowkit breaks it. “Haha! Daddy you talk funny!” Yeah! Daddy had to be wrong! Mama was the one who was saying it right! That was a question for future research though! For now Minnowkit was more than happy to call it whatever!

————

The settlement chanted his name. His name. Minnowpaw wasn’t so sure about the whole changing den though. Duststream was surely a good mentor, right! Wouldn’t hurt them…right? The learner didn’t want to join his mentor up right now! It was time to find their Mama! Her calico pelt sticking out next to the silver tabby of their fathers. Turning tail as the chanting died down and he booped noses, weaving through the large crowd. Jumping into the shecat’s body. A soft lick hits his forehead. “Mama! Did you see! Daddy! Did you see! I can go out on dawn patrol with you, now!” Each replying separately , his mothers tone sounding more tearful than his father. “Yes, I saw, my baby. Mama saw you. I’m proud of you, I wonder what your future name will be. Just know, Mama and Daddy are always proud of you, Baby” Looking at their father, as he cleared his throat and spoke. “I am a proud father, I’ll give you that. You worked for it and I’m always gonna take you on dawn-patrol. Don’t worry kiddo, as your Mama said. We are very proud of you. Dad loves you, you got that?” The calico nods as a smile grows on his maw.

————

Moving dens. He had to move dens, entering the small quarantine den. The scent of sickness filling the den. Mama was okay, right? She had been moved here after Minnowpaw’s little sister was born, but Daddy said Hawkkit was okay…she was okay right? Just sleeping…? Mama was sick, so was Hawkkit? Mumblepaw wanted to see his little sister and Mama. The calico gingerly enters the dark den, finding his mama and sister. “Mama! Hawk!” He mews to them. Greeted by a small cough from the older, weak shecat. Sticking to the order of distance from his father. The words of their mother making their ears perk up. Minnowpaw’s hackles raised at the words. “Not now, baby. Mama and Hawkkit are very sick. I don’t want you getting sick too” The winter chill blowing in the learner’s fur, a small response as he turned around. “Oh. Sorry, Mama. I’ll let Daddy know Hawk is okay though, he’s been worried all day!” The alarm in the reply from their mother making Minnow jump. “No! no. He knows, just. No.” The learner’s head back around, eyes wide before returning to a calmer state. But they didn’t meet his mothers, but focused on Hawkkit. Maybe she was sleeping, but Minnowpaw didn’t see any movement. Yeah, don’t worry Minnow. She’s just a kitten, they don’t move much…right. “Oh…okay Mama. I love you, Mama.” Stopping for a moment before speaking again. “All the grains of sand…” He news the saying before nearing the exit of the sick den, hearing a very weak response before he fully exited.

…And all the stars in the sky, love you too, Minnowpaw

✰ [ my carrd ] ✰