Purrk Question
by wendigo
Last post by wendigo
Today 07:06 PM

Old November 25th, 2019, 05:45 PM
clearing away the dust

My Mood: Tired

Default EagleDawn's Ocean Getaway

(Taking place before Eagle became deputy)
@Venus

Eagleflight had managed to slink out of camp inconspicuously. There was nothing strange about a grown warrior going out on a hunt by himself, was there? Of course not. But hunting was the last thing on his mind right now. No, tonight he was meeting with a friend.

The sounds of the salty ocean waves lapping at the rocky coastline filled his ears as he awaited the arrival of the WindClan she-cat. He had found a secluded spot among some rocks that blended with his pelt, overshadowed by an old rotting corpse of a spruce tree. The perfect spot. No passing patrol would see them.

Why do we have to be so secretive about this? We're just friends. There's nothing wrong with that...right? He thought to himself, trying so hard to rationalize his actions. Even if they were just friends, it felt so wrong to be sneaking off like this. It felt like he had to hide. He hoped she would find him easily enough--he was sure she knew his scent well enough by now. She could follow it to the little nook that he had claimed for them. His ears pricked up as he heard the clatter of loose pebbles, and he looked around expectantly, hoping at any moment for her to reveal herself.

Character Site - Tracker - Commission Info
Taking time off from work recovering from surgery! Professional artist. If I'm taking too long to respond, please PM me to remind me!

Last edited by pidgeon; November 25th, 2019 at 05:45 PM.
Old November 26th, 2019, 05:57 PM
Nightmare Fuel

Bump Policy: ▸ Constantly

Default Re: EagleDawn's Ocean Getaway

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper View Post
(Taking place before Eagle became deputy)
@Venus

Eagleflight had managed to slink out of camp inconspicuously. There was nothing strange about a grown warrior going out on a hunt by himself, was there? Of course not. But hunting was the last thing on his mind right now. No, tonight he was meeting with a friend.

The sounds of the salty ocean waves lapping at the rocky coastline filled his ears as he awaited the arrival of the WindClan she-cat. He had found a secluded spot among some rocks that blended with his pelt, overshadowed by an old rotting corpse of a spruce tree. The perfect spot. No passing patrol would see them.

Why do we have to be so secretive about this? We're just friends. There's nothing wrong with that...right? He thought to himself, trying so hard to rationalize his actions. Even if they were just friends, it felt so wrong to be sneaking off like this. It felt like he had to hide. He hoped she would find him easily enough--he was sure she knew his scent well enough by now. She could follow it to the little nook that he had claimed for them. His ears pricked up as he heard the clatter of loose pebbles, and he looked around expectantly, hoping at any moment for her to reveal herself.
It wasn't hard for Dawnstrike to escape WindClan. She was well-known for her solo-patrols, so if anybody witnessed her leaving, she doubted they would question her. Still, there was a tang of guilt that sat twisted her stomach on her way to the beach, probably slowing her pace. It felt so wrong wanting to see that tom...that...RiverClanner. She should be ashamed of herself, but something kept drawing her to him. There's nothing wrong with visiting an outside friend, right? The warrior code says there's nothing wrong with having friends outside the Clan. Right.

When she finally made it to the sandy location, Dawnstrikr caught sight of Eagleflight. He beat me! Or...or am I late? Embarrassment puffed her chest, but she gave it a few swift licks before approaching him. "Hey there, water-brain." She purred, brushing her tail against his shoulder to get his attention. She took a seat and looked out at the ocean, smiling at the view. She took a deep breath of the salty-fresh air, then slowly exhaled in an intoxicated way. "Mmm, I love the smell of the ocean, don't you?" Her eyes rested on Eagleflight as she waited for his answer, glittering with interest.
Old November 26th, 2019, 07:04 PM
clearing away the dust

@Venus

Eagleflight's pelt bristled slightly at the arrival of another cat, but flattened instantly once it was confirmed that it was Dawnstrike. His heart fluttered shamefully, yet he seemed to forget all about the fact that this probably wasn't allowed.

"You came!" He beamed, honestly a bit surprised. He wasn't sure if she would. She seemed like a loyal and respectable cat. Not that this would make either of us disloyal anyways, he told himself. We aren't hurting anyone. He nodded at her comment about the ocean, eyes glittering with contentedness as he gazed out at the vast sea. Her little jesting insult went right over his head.

"Yes, the scent of the ocean is wonderful. There's nothing quite like it." It smelled like the river, only stronger, more potent. There was something comforting about it, like home. He wanted to plunge into the salty shallows, but he knew the water would be far too cold this time of year.
"Tell me, rabbit-girl, do you know how to swim?" Obviously this would be no time for a swimming lesson, not with the ice threatening to freeze the water over. But perhaps a future meeting. Eagleflight genuinely enjoyed teaching cats how to swim.

Taking time off from work recovering from surgery! Professional artist. If I'm taking too long to respond, please PM me to remind me!
Old November 27th, 2019, 09:01 PM
Nightmare Fuel

Bump Policy: ▸ Constantly

@Casper

Dawnstrike's fur spiked at Eagleflight's question. "Can I swim?" Looking between the ocean and the russet tom, she found herself taking a few steps back. "Great StarClan, no! Especially not in this weather!" Letting a chill run down her spine, Dawnstrike shook the discomfort out of her pelt with a high-pitched brrr noise. "Honestly, I don't know how you water-cats are able to tolerate being wet all day. I like my fur nice and dry, thank you very much!" She gave her dark paw a swift lick before swiping it over her ear and puffing her chest proudly.

Her gaze wandered back to Eagleflight with another quizzical gleam in them. "Do you like running?" She looked down and his long and lean structure, admiring how suitable it seemed for speed and stamina. Odd. Usually, RiverClanners are more lithe, rather than muscular...then again, WindClanners do have a similar body type. She smiled back up at him after the obvious scan, flicking her tail at him. "You look quick." Her voice had a flirtatious subtlety to it, even though she wasn't trying. It was a genuine observation...and she wanted a genuine explanation.
Old November 27th, 2019, 09:14 PM
clearing away the dust

Eagleflight couldn't help but chuckle at her genuine shock at the thought of swimming. "I thought not. And we don't get wet as much this time of year, unless you count from swimming in the snow." One of the many grievances he had with leaf-bare was that he couldn't go for a nice, relaxing swim. Unless he wanted to catch greencough, that is.

At her comment about his physique, he was reminded of his heritage. Ah, that's right, he thought. I don't really look the part of a full-blood RiverClan cat.
"I'm pretty decent at running, I think. Actually, interesting enough, my father is a WindClan cat. I guess that would be why I'm not quite as heavy-set as your typical RiverClanner." It felt like no big deal to tell her, especially since his half-clan heritage happened to be her clan. That, and he'd never really been bothered by his split bloodline. It rarely ever had caused a problem for him.

@Venus