Closed Thread

Old July 30th, 2018, 08:34 PM
Just A Fossil

Bump Policy: 3 days
My Mood: Spooky

Default Re: RiverClan Clearing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mauve View Post
As she realized that Cedarpaw hadn't seen where the beetle had disappeared to either, Dawnpaw felt disappointment circle underneath her pelt. But just as soon as it had come, it was gone with a fresh wave of excitement as he mentioned the ones in the territory. She hadn't really ever been out in the territory yet without Wolfdancer, aside from her disastrous run in with Chivewhisker. "There are?? I haven't even looked yet!" she exclaimed, jumping up and down in front of him. Blue orbs shining with life, she pranced around him. "We should go! I don't have training with Wolfdancer yet. Would Firehawk let you go out?? Maybe he could even come with us! Or, they could both go! A beetle expedition!" Dawnpaw came to a halt with her dancing around Cedarpaw, now on the other side of him. "You think Firehawk and Wolfdancer would let us go out by ourselves?" she echoed, not sure how her mentor would feel about that. She hadn't even told her about her walk through the forest and her run in with Chivewhisker. She'd been alone then, and knew it was technically frowned upon for apprentices to leave camp without their mentor or another warrior. Curious, Dawnpaw turned her gaze onto Cedarpaw, searching his own amber eyes for his thoughts on it.

"I don't think Firehawk would let me..." Secretly, Cedarpaw didn't know, he just didn't want to run into any more mean cats from other clans. While he assumed they wouldn't go far from the camp or anywhere near the borders, he didn't want to hear those words again. Simple insults, but Cedarpaw hadn't ever been exposed to such things. Being the former leaders' son, he wasn't really picked on or hung around those types of felines. "It can be dangerous out there..." he paused realizing he was making this conversation awkward the more he went on. "I mean-" he thought quickly, "I don't have any defense or offense training to protect us from foxes or badgers if we run into one!" he spoke, lighting his voice up and acting like that was the reason behind not wanting to go.

[Characters]

I'M A TOTAL TRASH MAMMAL

Old July 31st, 2018, 03:33 AM
Amor Omnia Vincit

My Mood: Angelic

@Blazepaw
The early morning rain had lessened, falling in shorter quantities and with much less power. Oceanpaw's creamy form emerged from the apprentice's den with a certain level of grace the young apprentice seemed to have mastered having. She took pride in having a worthy image, one that was respectable but also approachable. Though she hadn't perfected a balance of the two, she was getting closer with every passing moon. Oceanpaw took in the much-loved smell of petrichor, which had engulfed the surrounding clearing. Cats still went about their day, not bothered by the grim weather. The young apprentice had in fact come to love the rain, enjoying the refreshing feeling it brought to the world around her. Small droplets clung onto her sandy fur, trickling down and inevitably splashing against the drenched floor below. The she-cat moved with a gleeful skip in her step, ambling her way across the clearing. Aspenleaf was busy today, leaving the she-cat with little to do. Though, she supposed she'd find some source of entertainment as the day went on. It was only early, she continually reminded herself.
Old August 1st, 2018, 06:43 AM
INACTIVE - On Discord!

My Mood: Amused

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Northern_Lights~ View Post
@Blazepaw
The early morning rain had lessened, falling in shorter quantities and with much less power. Oceanpaw's creamy form emerged from the apprentice's den with a certain level of grace the young apprentice seemed to have mastered having. She took pride in having a worthy image, one that was respectable but also approachable. Though she hadn't perfected a balance of the two, she was getting closer with every passing moon. Oceanpaw took in the much-loved smell of petrichor, which had engulfed the surrounding clearing. Cats still went about their day, not bothered by the grim weather. The young apprentice had in fact come to love the rain, enjoying the refreshing feeling it brought to the world around her. Small droplets clung onto her sandy fur, trickling down and inevitably splashing against the drenched floor below. The she-cat moved with a gleeful skip in her step, ambling her way across the clearing. Aspenleaf was busy today, leaving the she-cat with little to do. Though, she supposed she'd find some source of entertainment as the day went on. It was only early, she continually reminded herself.

Mikadopaw woke up as a drop of water tickled his nose. It was morning, and the rain had left. Stretching, he padded out of the apprentice den. Today he had nothing to do so he decided to go hunting. Hearing a twig crack he sharply turned and saw Oceanpaw emerging from the den. Feeling happy and warm with the sun shining on him, he ran over to her. “Mornin’ Oceanpaw! How are you?” He didn’t wait for a response. “Want to go hunting?” She realised she was talking too fast and hoped she would understand he words.

Last edited by Blazepaw; August 1st, 2018 at 06:44 AM.
Old August 1st, 2018, 08:49 AM
Somewhere in Space

My Mood: Sarcastic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doodle View Post
"Oh, thank you!" Willowsky dipped her head slightly; she'd never been the best at receiving compliments, never knowing the proper way to respond, so she just stuck to simple 'thank you's. She glanced at Wolfheart, looking at his pelt and nodding in agreement. "That makes sense." Though, if she were completely honest, she wasn't sure how heart went with his personality. If he was so grumpy upfront with cats, surely he'd have a reputation for being rude rather than nice. Though, he seemed nice enough right now. Willow's eyes slid to the fresh kill pile. "Have you eaten yet? I could grab something for us," she offered, flicking her tail towards the pile.

"Of course," The tom purred, after all that was pretty much what he could do after he had been so grumpy. He looked at her and could tell she was confused with the 'heart' part of his name. It was true that sometimes he was way to rude to cats, but he tried his best to be as nice to them as possible. If he was rude he would apologize to try and make things better, however sometimes the relationships were already ruined. "No, I haven't," Wolfheart said, "And yeah, I am pretty hungry." The tom heard the awkwardness in his own voice, and inwardly growled at himself. It was fine, this was a great molly who was very nice.
Old August 1st, 2018, 11:21 AM
Crazy Fox Lover

My Mood: Dreaming

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmo View Post

"Of course," The tom purred, after all that was pretty much what he could do after he had been so grumpy. He looked at her and could tell she was confused with the 'heart' part of his name. It was true that sometimes he was way to rude to cats, but he tried his best to be as nice to them as possible. If he was rude he would apologize to try and make things better, however sometimes the relationships were already ruined. "No, I haven't," Wolfheart said, "And yeah, I am pretty hungry." The tom heard the awkwardness in his own voice, and inwardly growled at himself. It was fine, this was a great molly who was very nice.
Willowsky gave a small smile; she could sense the awkwardness in the air, though she wasn't sure if it was at her own fault. She could be a pretty awkward cat herself, proven by her muttered, "Alright, I'll just be going... to grab some prey then." She stood and walked halfway to the pile before realizing something and turning around. "Er... Wolfheart? Is there any preference of yours?" She was embarrassed, but knew she'd be more embarrassed if she chose a prey that he ended up not liking. In that case, she'd not only be embarrassed but also feeling bad for not asking in the first place to make sure he'd be content. Her twitching tail and flickering eyes, that couldn't settle on one thing to look at, gave away her unease. Willow was never comfortable around cats that she didn't know that well and went through a stage of unease around them. If this didn't scare the other cat off, however, she'd warm up to them eventually.

[COLOR="Pink"]I am an old user returning (and completely starting over). I may not remember you, if you do happen to remember me- I'm sorry!
|Character Site|
Old August 1st, 2018, 12:39 PM
Amor Omnia Vincit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blazepaw View Post

Mikadopaw woke up as a drop of water tickled his nose. It was morning, and the rain had left. Stretching, he padded out of the apprentice den. Today he had nothing to do so he decided to go hunting. Hearing a twig crack he sharply turned and saw Oceanpaw emerging from the den. Feeling happy and warm with the sun shining on him, he ran over to her. “Mornin’ Oceanpaw! How are you?” He didn’t wait for a response. “Want to go hunting?” She realised she was talking too fast and hoped she would understand he words.
(What pronouns should I use for Mikadopaw, as at the start you used 'he' and then changed to 'she' at the very end~ Just wondered!)
Oceanpaw was somewhat startled by the energetic feline's sudden introduction. With the speed Mikadopaw was talking at, it was a wonder how Oceanpaw even managed to understand any of it. Not even getting the chance to say good morning to the bubbly apprentice, Oceanpaw found herself feeling slightly awkward as she listened to the ramblings of the other [she-cat/tom], assuming that [he/she] hadn't had the chance to burn off any extra energy yet - noting it was still early morning. "Um, it's nice to see you too Mikadopaw," The creamy she-cat joked, laughing at the sheer excitement Mikadopaw displayed so openly. "Hunting, yes, sounds good," She agreed, still a little lost in terms of the conversation and where it was heading. "Shall we?" She gestured in front of her, beckoning Mikadopaw to walk with her toward the territory.
Old August 1st, 2018, 05:03 PM
INACTIVE - On Discord!

Quote:
(What pronouns should I use for Mikadopaw, as at the start you used 'he' and then changed to 'she' at the very end~ Just wondered!)
Oceanpaw was somewhat startled by the energetic feline's sudden introduction. With the speed Mikadopaw was talking at, it was a wonder how Oceanpaw even managed to understand any of it. Not even getting the chance to say good morning to the bubbly apprentice, Oceanpaw found herself feeling slightly awkward as she listened to the ramblings of the other [she-cat/tom], assuming that [he/she] hadn't had the chance to burn off any extra energy yet - noting it was still early morning. "Um, it's nice to see you too Mikadopaw," The creamy she-cat joked, laughing at the sheer excitement Mikadopaw displayed so openly. "Hunting, yes, sounds good," She agreed, still a little lost in terms of the conversation and where it was heading. "Shall we?" She gestured in front of her, beckoning Mikadopaw to walk with her toward the territory.
[XD Guess i was a bit tired! He him they.]
Mikadopaw walked besides her into the bushes. As soon as they left camp they smelt something foul. "Can you smell that Oceanpaw?"
Old August 2nd, 2018, 03:41 AM
Amor Omnia Vincit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blazepaw View Post
[XD Guess i was a bit tired! He him they.]
Mikadopaw walked besides her into the bushes. As soon as they left camp they smelt something foul. "Can you smell that Oceanpaw?"
(Cool~)
Oceanpaw, at first, couldn't smell anything. The early morning rain having clogged up the air with the thick scent of soil and unspecified plantlife. She looked at Mikadopaw with a slightly confused look on her face, not openly admitting straight away that she couldn't smell anything "foul" in fear she would look stupid. But suddenly, just as she opened her mouth to inquire about the smell, an extremely unpleasant odour filled her nose and she shook her head instinctively as if to shake the smell away. "Ugh, what in Starclan's name is that?" The she-cat cursed, deep ocean gaze cast at Mikadopaw with an inquisitive tint laying within their depths; she was hoping Mikadopaw would know what that smell was, because she most certainly didn't. (Sorry it's small, I'm in a little bit of a rush this morning~)
Old August 2nd, 2018, 05:46 AM
INACTIVE - On Discord!

Thumbs up Re: RiverClan Clearing

Quote:
(Cool~)
Oceanpaw, at first, couldn't smell anything. The early morning rain having clogged up the air with the thick scent of soil and unspecified plantlife. She looked at Mikadopaw with a slightly confused look on her face, not openly admitting straight away that she couldn't smell anything "foul" in fear she would look stupid. But suddenly, just as she opened her mouth to inquire about the smell, an extremely unpleasant odour filled her nose and she shook her head instinctively as if to shake the smell away. "Ugh, what in Starclan's name is that?" The she-cat cursed, deep ocean gaze cast at Mikadopaw with an inquisitive tint laying within their depths; she was hoping Mikadopaw would know what that smell was, because she most certainly didn't. (Sorry it's small, I'm in a little bit of a rush this morning~)
@~Northern_Lights~

Mikado stared at Oceanpaw. Why had she not smelt that? He was about to comment on her lack of scent when she spoke up. “Ugh, What In StarClan’s name is that?” At that his fur rippled. “How am I supposed to know! StarClan knows!” he snapped. “Why don’t you ask?” He hissed. He immediately felt guilty for snapping at her. “Sorry. But I could be a danger to the clan!” He looked at Oceanpaw, half expecting her to tell him the answer.
Old August 2nd, 2018, 08:06 AM
Amor Omnia Vincit

@Blazepaw
Though the smell was indeed very unpleasant, the she-cat couldn't see a reason in freaking out about it as much as Mikadopaw was. A little upset about being snapped out, though she chose not to show it, the she-cat sighed and shook her head at the other apprentice, "Mikadopaw, it's probably just a dead animal that's been there a while," She explained, a sense of calm radiating from her as she approached the source of the smell. Though she was slightly worried and anxious about what she would find, she doubted it would be that bad either way. She hoped it wouldn't be, anyway. Disappearing in amongst a few bushes Oceanpaw moved toward the smell, her movements gaining added caution as she got closer and closer. But sure enough, as she emerged on the other side of the bushes, she found what appeared to be a dead rabbit. She'd never seen a rabbit before, knowing they much preferred the endless moors of Windclan to the wetlands of Riverclan. "It's just a dead rabbit, Mikadopaw," She called out to the tom, hoping to have calmed his nerves a little bit. She thought it peculiar that not only had the rabbit strayed so far from it's preferred home, but had also ended up dying here in Riverclan. She didn't want to know what possibly had the strength to take down a rabbit of this size, especially not when she knew it couldn't have been any Windclan cats.