Closed Thread

Old August 2nd, 2018, 08:13 AM
INACTIVE - On Discord!

My Mood: Amused

Default Re: RiverClan Clearing

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Northern_Lights~ View Post
@Blazepaw
Though the smell was indeed very unpleasant, the she-cat couldn't see a reason in freaking out about it as much as Mikadopaw was. A little upset about being snapped out, though she chose not to show it, the she-cat sighed and shook her head at the other apprentice, "Mikadopaw, it's probably just a dead animal that's been there a while," She explained, a sense of calm radiating from her as she approached the source of the smell. Though she was slightly worried and anxious about what she would find, she doubted it would be that bad either way. She hoped it wouldn't be, anyway. Disappearing in amongst a few bushes Oceanpaw moved toward the smell, her movements gaining added caution as she got closer and closer. But sure enough, as she emerged on the other side of the bushes, she found what appeared to be a dead rabbit. She'd never seen a rabbit before, knowing they much preferred the endless moors of Windclan to the wetlands of Riverclan. "It's just a dead rabbit, Mikadopaw," She called out to the tom, hoping to have calmed his nerves a little bit. She thought it peculiar that not only had the rabbit strayed so far from it's preferred home, but had also ended up dying here in Riverclan. She didn't want to know what possibly had the strength to take down a rabbit of this size, especially not when she knew it couldn't have been any Windclan cats.
@~Northern_Lights~

Mikadopaw was confused. Didn't the warrior code state all cats must bury their prey or take it to their clan? Then he became worried when a distinctive smell hit his nose, this time, not the rabbit. "Theres another smell, windclan?" He wasn't sure. But he didnt care anyway. 4 foxlengths away a vole was digging holes in the ground and throwing leaves everywhere. "Bet you can't catch that!"

Last edited by Blazepaw; August 2nd, 2018 at 04:34 PM.
Old August 2nd, 2018, 10:45 AM
Linkin Park Soldier

Gender: Fe=Iron. Male=Man. Therefore, I am Iron Man. (aka FEMALE)
My Mood: Cheerful

Shakytail padded out into the clearing and stretched, her short gray fur slightly damp with dew. She shook off the tiny droplets, then padded over to the freshkill pile as her stomach growled. The pile was a bit low, and Shakytail made a mental note to go hunting later. Maybe someone could go with her?

I care that his light has gone out, and in the end he will always matter. RIP Chester Bennington

Morrowburn Academy REBOOT: http://www.warriorcatsonline.com/for...ad.php?t=17552
Old August 2nd, 2018, 05:13 PM
stardust memories

My Mood: Inspired

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suspiciousmindz View Post

"I don't think Firehawk would let me..." Secretly, Cedarpaw didn't know, he just didn't want to run into any more mean cats from other clans. While he assumed they wouldn't go far from the camp or anywhere near the borders, he didn't want to hear those words again. Simple insults, but Cedarpaw hadn't ever been exposed to such things. Being the former leaders' son, he wasn't really picked on or hung around those types of felines. "It can be dangerous out there..." he paused realizing he was making this conversation awkward the more he went on. "I mean-" he thought quickly, "I don't have any defense or offense training to protect us from foxes or badgers if we run into one!" he spoke, lighting his voice up and acting like that was the reason behind not wanting to go.
Dawnpaw knew it had been a long shot. Generally apprentices weren't allowed outside of camp by themselves, not that she was against that rule. What if they did run into a hungry fox or a delirious badger? She'd only had one training session with Wolfdancer so far, but it was nothing to be over the moon about; there was still much to learn. "You're probably right," she sighed, looking a bit crestfallen as she came to sit in front of Cedarpaw once more. "I can't wait until we're both warriors, Cedarpaw. Then we could go out to the territory together all the time!" Just like that, her blue gaze lit up and she grinned in his direction. He was practically her only friend in RiverClan aside from her littermates and mentor, so she only found it fitting that they would remain that way into their warrior days. "I wonder what your name will be... I wonder what mine will be... Too bad your dad isn't leader anymore," she stated, tipping her head off to one side and watching the tom through sorrowful eyes. "Because then he would be the one giving you your name."

Last edited by Mauve; August 2nd, 2018 at 05:13 PM.
Old August 3rd, 2018, 03:48 AM
Amor Omnia Vincit

My Mood: Angelic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blazepaw View Post
@~Northern_Lights~

Mikadopaw was confused. Didn't the warrior code state all cats must bury their prey or take it to their clan? Then he became worried when a distinctive smell hit his nose, this time, not the rabbit. "Theres another smell, windclan?" He wasn't sure. But he didnt care anyway. 4 foxlengths away a vole was digging holes in the ground and throwing leaves everywhere. "Bet you can't catch that!"
Oceanpaw cast her gaze over to the vole, not to pleased that this was to be her challenge. Hunting on land was her greatest struggle by far, and she much preferred fishing to chasing little land mammals around. It was counterproductive, given her skills were at their best in the water. Sighing, she knew she was too stubborn to refuse Mikadopaw's challenge. I also bet I can't. She thought, muttering a few words of encouragement to herself quietly as she sunk low to the ground. She hoped the vole would not hear her and turn to see her rather obvious cream figure stalking it. She moved as cautiously as she could, doing her best to stay low to the ground and keep her movements from being detected by the vole. But just as she got close enough to pounce, the vole turned and Oceanpaw had no choice but to jump at it. But, of course, the vole moved out of the way and the sandy apprentice came into contact with the damp ground and found herself quickly covered in mud. The vole disappeared amongst the undergrowth, a disappointed yet "I knew it" look overtook Oceanpaw's features, as she turned to look at Mikadopaw.
Old August 3rd, 2018, 07:15 AM
INACTIVE - On Discord!

Quote:
Oceanpaw cast her gaze over to the vole, not to pleased that this was to be her challenge. Hunting on land was her greatest struggle by far, and she much preferred fishing to chasing little land mammals around. It was counterproductive, given her skills were at their best in the water. Sighing, she knew she was too stubborn to refuse Mikadopaw's challenge. I also bet I can't. She thought, muttering a few words of encouragement to herself quietly as she sunk low to the ground. She hoped the vole would not hear her and turn to see her rather obvious cream figure stalking it. She moved as cautiously as she could, doing her best to stay low to the ground and keep her movements from being detected by the vole. But just as she got close enough to pounce, the vole turned and Oceanpaw had no choice but to jump at it. But, of course, the vole moved out of the way and the sandy apprentice came into contact with the damp ground and found herself quickly covered in mud. The vole disappeared amongst the undergrowth, a disappointed yet "I knew it" look overtook Oceanpaw's features, as she turned to look at Mikadopaw.
(In a bit of a rush...)
Peeking through the undergrowth, keeping his tail low, as his mentor taught him, he watch as Oceanpaw attempted to catch the vole. Shes obviously gonna miss that, shes too high! As the vole slipped from her paw, Mikadopaw leaped for it as it came his way. "Yes!" he yowled. He then cocked his head towards her. "Why don't we get taught how to catch vole?" He wondered if she would like to try some, then remembered he was hunting, not patrolling.
Old August 3rd, 2018, 07:55 AM
Amor Omnia Vincit

@Blazepaw
Oceanpaw felt embarrassment heat up her creamy pelt, turning her gaze away from Mikadopaw in the hopes of hiding any evidence of her humiliation. "I'm a fisher, not a hunter," She spoke, trying her best to defend her sheer lack of land-hunting skills. She supposed everyone had their weaknesses and strengths, but then she also supposed most cats were capable of catching a vole of all things. She sighed, opting to instead change the subject altogether; "The morning rain has made hunting on land hard, we may as well fish instead," It was a blatant suggestion to prove her worth in other important actions, her main ability going to of course fishing. She knew if Mikadopaw agreed to go fishing with her she'd show off a much smoother and more confident process, and one that offered more rewards than attempting to catch a vole.
Old August 3rd, 2018, 08:11 AM
INACTIVE - On Discord!

Quote:
@Blazepaw
Oceanpaw felt embarrassment heat up her creamy pelt, turning her gaze away from Mikadopaw in the hopes of hiding any evidence of her humiliation. "I'm a fisher, not a hunter," She spoke, trying her best to defend her sheer lack of land-hunting skills. She supposed everyone had their weaknesses and strengths, but then she also supposed most cats were capable of catching a vole of all things. She sighed, opting to instead change the subject altogether; "The morning rain has made hunting on land hard, we may as well fish instead," It was a blatant suggestion to prove her worth in other important actions, her main ability going to of course fishing. She knew if Mikadopaw agreed to go fishing with her she'd show off a much smoother and more confident process, and one that offered more rewards than attempting to catch a vole.
@~Northern_Lights~

Mikadopaw smirked at her. He knew fishing wasnt his best talent but he knew he could beat her at this, at least he hoped he could. Padding towards the river he became bored. He walked besides her until they could hear the rushing of the water. "Ok Oceanpaw, Is this a competition?" He flicked his tail, waiting for a response. They had reached the river, and were waiting at the edge for a mousebrained fish to come and fly into their outstretched paws.

Last edited by Blazepaw; August 3rd, 2018 at 08:12 AM.
Old August 3rd, 2018, 08:50 AM
Amor Omnia Vincit

@Blazepaw
"Everything is a competition with you," She joked, mock-annoyance lacing her tone as she kept her ocean gaze fixated on the moving water in front of her. Fish passed by her and Mikadopaw at intense paces, managing to slip through the paws of the she-cat. At this rate she was beginning to worry she would lose. She wasn't going to allow that to happen. She got lowered herself down on her haunches, as if she was about to pounce and she waited patiently for a few moments. She had a plan in mind, but she wasn't 100% sure it would succeed. But anything was better than waiting for a stroke of luck, she told herself. Suddenly, seeing her chance, the she-cat pushed off of the ground and sent herself into the water with an amount of reckless elegance not seen very often. She unsheathed her claws and clutched onto a large large fish just before she disappeared beneath the water's surface. Recovering from the initial shock of the cold water engulfing her, the she-cat manoeuvred about the water and managed to snag the trout securely within her maw. Though it struggled, she managed to bring it to the surface as she pushed against the current and back to shore. Shaking off her pelt, doing her best to gain some heat back, she dumped the trout on the floor. It flapped and jumped about for a moment, trying it's best to return to the water. But to no avail, as it eventually succumbed to it's lack of oxygen and fell lifeless against the damp floor. Oceanpaw raised an eyebrow to Mikadopaw, raising an eyebrow as if to question if she had one or not.

Last edited by North; August 3rd, 2018 at 08:51 AM.
Old August 3rd, 2018, 09:21 AM
INACTIVE - On Discord!

Quote:
@Blazepaw
"Everything is a competition with you," She joked, mock-annoyance lacing her tone as she kept her ocean gaze fixated on the moving water in front of her. Fish passed by her and Mikadopaw at intense paces, managing to slip through the paws of the she-cat. At this rate she was beginning to worry she would lose. She wasn't going to allow that to happen. She got lowered herself down on her haunches, as if she was about to pounce and she waited patiently for a few moments. She had a plan in mind, but she wasn't 100% sure it would succeed. But anything was better than waiting for a stroke of luck, she told herself. Suddenly, seeing her chance, the she-cat pushed off of the ground and sent herself into the water with an amount of reckless elegance not seen very often. She unsheathed her claws and clutched onto a large large fish just before she disappeared beneath the water's surface. Recovering from the initial shock of the cold water engulfing her, the she-cat manoeuvred about the water and managed to snag the trout securely within her maw. Though it struggled, she managed to bring it to the surface as she pushed against the current and back to shore. Shaking off her pelt, doing her best to gain some heat back, she dumped the trout on the floor. It flapped and jumped about for a moment, trying it's best to return to the water. But to no avail, as it eventually succumbed to it's lack of oxygen and fell lifeless against the damp floor. Oceanpaw raised an eyebrow to Mikadopaw, raising an eyebrow as if to question if she had one or not.
Mikadopaw just stared at her. "Om..." He was confused. Where do fish that big come from? "N-nice catch!" He ran his tail on her flank. He had never caught a fish that big, or ever seen one like that before! "Woah. Should we go back and place it on the fresh kill pile?" he asked. Impressed, ghey walked back to camp. (When should we do their ceremonies?)

@~Northern_Lights~ sorry its short, just dont know what to write about right now XD
Old August 4th, 2018, 07:59 PM
Crazy Fox Lover

My Mood: Dreaming

@~Warriorsfan101~

It had been a marvelous day. Troutsong had brought in a few catches for the clan- though not that he cared about feeding the clan, rather appearing like a good warrior- and before returning to camp he had taken a nice dip into the river. His pelt was still slightly damp as it tended to hold water long than the typical feline. From his spot laid on the edge of the clearing- in the optimum spot for sunlight- he drew a tongue over his paw repeatedly before using the paw to clean his face. The tom must always look his best in case an opportunity showed itself for him to have a bit of fun playing with someone. He was always more careful when playing around with clanmates, however, as he didn't want to loose his spot in the clan. That didn't mean he was completely closed off from the idea of a bit of fun with a clanmate, however, so when bright green eyes caught his attention, he couldn't stop the grin from spreading across his face.

"Hello, dear. Cloversprout, is it?" Trout had a weirder way of speaking than the rest of Riverclan- the tom marked it down as due to growing up outside of the clan as well as having a cultivated personality. He was much more prim and proper than most. "What's a lovely molly like you doing all along? Come, come! Join me; it'd be a shame for me to soak up all this sunlight myself." His voice was smooth and soothing. He'd been complimented on it multiple times, so Troutsong of course learned to use that to his advantage, making his voice draw others to him. A decline from this molly seemed unlikely so she shifted, creating more space for her to lay beside him.

[COLOR="Pink"]I am an old user returning (and completely starting over). I may not remember you, if you do happen to remember me- I'm sorry!
|Character Site|
Closed Thread