Herondive Hollow
by BEAR.
Last post by leopardheart00
Today 07:08 AM

Old March 4th, 2018, 01:23 PM
♫Smelly Cat, Smelly Cat♫

My Mood: Hungry
Default Fox's Territory (Open)

Feel free to jump in any time! All are welcome.

Fox trotted through her small territory surveying her borders carefully. She had only just claimed this territory as her own, and was determined to protect it. She had been roaming its small borders for over an hour, but was growing quite bored as nothing had happened for a while now. She felt her stomach growl at her and decided to try her luck at finding any sort of prey that could sustain her appetite. She carefully sniffed the air as she continued to walk around, but couldn't find any trace of a prey's scent. It wasn't long before she realized there was no easy prey near. She looked up into the trees and saw a few birds, but had never been any good at climbing. Her stomach growled again, and so she decided to try her luck at climbing no matter how likely she was to fall. She slowly shifted her claws up the tree's trunk until she reached it's lowest hanging branch. She carefully stepped onto the branch, and continued up the tree jumping from branch to branch. After reaching near the top of the tree she finally was able to see a bird nest. Her paws trembled as she walked along the slim branch as she headed towards the nest that was tucked between three intersecting branches. Examining the nest carefully, she was now close enough to make out the outline of a plump robin. She looked closer and could see two or three eggs under the bird. As she continued down the branch, she had to step even lighter because the branch continued to thin. Finally, she was in leaping distance of the bird. Just as she readied herself to jump towards the nest, she felt the branch underneath her sway violently. Her claws dug further into the branch as she struggled to keep her grip. The swaying disrupted the nest, and she watched as the bird flew away right before the nest, and the eggs within, all plummeted towards the ground. Sighing in annoyance she carefully scaled back down the tree, and examined the nest that laid broken on the ground. She sniffed the broken eggs, and decided to eat the remnants of them. She licked the ground where the eggs lay busted open, and gobbled them up quickly.
Growing drowsy she decided to take a well-deserved nap. She leaped onto a fallen tree that lay decaying on the ground. After shifting into a shaft of sunlight that shined brightly on the log, she rested her head on her paws. She started to become drowsy, and felt completely at ease with the sun warming her. She began to drift off, and lost any awareness to her surroundings as she slowly fell asleep.

Last edited by Panda; March 4th, 2018 at 05:46 PM.
Old March 8th, 2018, 07:01 PM
♫Smelly Cat, Smelly Cat♫

Default Re: Fox's Territory (Open)

Boop
Old March 24th, 2018, 10:22 PM

My Mood: Bored

Hawk finally slowed down to a walk, breathing hard. His stomach growling, he realized just how hungry he was. Raising his muzzle into the air, he searched for a scent of prey. His eyes lit up as he found crow. Following the scent, he soon dropped into a crouch. Slowly stalking forward, he leaped and sunk his teeth into the crow, killing it. He then started to walk forward with his prey but he then saw another cat lying near a fallen tree. Slowly inching forward, he lightly sniffed St them as if to check if they were alive.
Old March 25th, 2018, 01:13 PM

My Mood: Bored

Huffing, he decided this cat was sleeping and he want in mood to be disturbing a cat. Settling down next to them, not caring if they woke up, he started to eat his crow. Once it was done he left the remains and trotted away back to the clans.
Old March 26th, 2018, 06:01 PM

My Mood: Amused

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panda View Post

Feel free to jump in any time! All are welcome.

Fox trotted through her small territory surveying her borders carefully. She had only just claimed this territory as her own, and was determined to protect it. She had been roaming its small borders for over an hour, but was growing quite bored as nothing had happened for a while now. She felt her stomach growl at her and decided to try her luck at finding any sort of prey that could sustain her appetite. She carefully sniffed the air as she continued to walk around, but couldn't find any trace of a prey's scent. It wasn't long before she realized there was no easy prey near. She looked up into the trees and saw a few birds, but had never been any good at climbing. Her stomach growled again, and so she decided to try her luck at climbing no matter how likely she was to fall. She slowly shifted her claws up the tree's trunk until she reached it's lowest hanging branch. She carefully stepped onto the branch, and continued up the tree jumping from branch to branch. After reaching near the top of the tree she finally was able to see a bird nest. Her paws trembled as she walked along the slim branch as she headed towards the nest that was tucked between three intersecting branches. Examining the nest carefully, she was now close enough to make out the outline of a plump robin. She looked closer and could see two or three eggs under the bird. As she continued down the branch, she had to step even lighter because the branch continued to thin. Finally, she was in leaping distance of the bird. Just as she readied herself to jump towards the nest, she felt the branch underneath her sway violently. Her claws dug further into the branch as she struggled to keep her grip. The swaying disrupted the nest, and she watched as the bird flew away right before the nest, and the eggs within, all plummeted towards the ground. Sighing in annoyance she carefully scaled back down the tree, and examined the nest that laid broken on the ground. She sniffed the broken eggs, and decided to eat the remnants of them. She licked the ground where the eggs lay busted open, and gobbled them up quickly.
Growing drowsy she decided to take a well-deserved nap. She leaped onto a fallen tree that lay decaying on the ground. After shifting into a shaft of sunlight that shined brightly on the log, she rested her head on her paws. She started to become drowsy, and felt completely at ease with the sun warming her. She began to drift off, and lost any awareness to her surroundings as she slowly fell asleep.
Ashes was sitting in her makeshift camp, which was a rock, during the day the rock got hot, however when night came it was too cold to try to sleep. After finishing her fresh kill, she head off to look for a better temporary camp, the rock was getting uncomfortable anyways, as she searched she came across a fallen tree, with the the scent of a fellow loner. She walked over to the tree, and noticed the red loner, she tapped the red tabby with her paw.
Old March 26th, 2018, 06:11 PM
♫Smelly Cat, Smelly Cat♫

Quote:
Originally Posted by ARandomPotato View Post
Hawk finally slowed down to a walk, breathing hard. His stomach growling, he realized just how hungry he was. Raising his muzzle into the air, he searched for a scent of prey. His eyes lit up as he found crow. Following the scent, he soon dropped into a crouch. Slowly stalking forward, he leaped and sunk his teeth into the crow, killing it. He then started to walk forward with his prey but he then saw another cat lying near a fallen tree. Slowly inching forward, he lightly sniffed St them as if to check if they were alive.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ARandomPotato View Post
Huffing, he decided this cat was sleeping and he want in mood to be disturbing a cat. Settling down next to them, not caring if they woke up, he started to eat his crow. Once it was done he left the remains and trotted away back to the clans.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arieson View Post
Ashes was sitting in her makeshift camp, which was a rock, during the day the rock got hot, however when night came it was too cold to try to sleep. After finishing her fresh kill, she head off to look for a better temporary camp, the rock was getting uncomfortable anyways, as she searched she came across a fallen tree, with the the scent of a fellow loner. She walked over to the tree, and noticed the red loner, she tapped the red tabby with her paw.
Fox was quite the heavy sleeper, and never noticed that a cat had sat next to her, or even eaten food in her territory. She simply continued to snore unknowing of the outside world. She was rather oblivious.
Her sleep was finally interrupted when she felt a paw jut into her side. Her already large, fluffy fur stood up making her look like a red fluff ball. She breathed in the air while jumping off her log, and could tell that another loner had poked her. She struggled to look through the thick fur that covered her face whenever it puffed up, but was able to get a good look at the loner. The other loner didn't seem to show in hostility in their actions, or stance. Fox allowed he fur to fluff down, and aided it in so by licking it vigorously. She looked up from her spot, and gave a friendly flick of her tail. "May I help you?" Her voice was calm, and gentle as she spoke to make it clear she carried no ill-will.
Old April 2nd, 2018, 09:30 PM
Reach For The Stars

Status: finishing the school year & attempting to write a book
My Mood: Breezy

Quid ventured yet farther into the forest. He was glad to finally be out of the busy Twoleg place. The only thing good about that place is that its the only good place were a can get a decant meal. He growled ill-temperedly in his head. The grass soothed his hot, wary paws and he suddenly felt sleepier than before. I'll only just take a little nap. The black tom decieded, his white paws getting heavier every pawstep. He crossed a scent line and found a good place to rest. Lashing his white-tiped tail once, he fell into a dreamless sleep. He was unaware his scent was carried towards a pair of she-cats down farther.
(Ashes and Fox)
@Panda

"Shoot for the Moon. Even if you miss, you'll land among the stars." -Les Brown

Stars, I have seen them fall,
But when they drop and die
No star is lost at all
From all the star-sown sky

Last edited by Pluto; April 2nd, 2018 at 09:32 PM.
Old April 20th, 2018, 02:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OmbreFeather View Post
Quid ventured yet farther into the forest. He was glad to finally be out of the busy Twoleg place. The only thing good about that place is that its the only good place were a can get a decant meal. He growled ill-temperedly in his head. The grass soothed his hot, wary paws and he suddenly felt sleepier than before. I'll only just take a little nap. The black tom decieded, his white paws getting heavier every pawstep. He crossed a scent line and found a good place to rest. Lashing his white-tiped tail once, he fell into a dreamless sleep. He was unaware his scent was carried towards a pair of she-cats down farther.
(Ashes and Fox)
@Panda
After the fluffy loner woke, "May I help you?" the black and light brown loner asked, "Go." She responded, in a hostile voice.
Old April 20th, 2018, 06:47 PM
Reach For The Stars

Status: finishing the school year & attempting to write a book
My Mood: Breezy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arieson View Post
After the fluffy loner woke, "May I help you?" the black and light brown loner asked, "Go." She responded, in a hostile voice.
Quid got up, blinking sleep from his eyes. His bleary vision focused on the two cats that were before him at this very moment. He was bold for a cat his age (not saying his is very old... He's in his prime.)
His tail flicked. "Who are you." Quid changed the subject off him. "You awoke me from quiet a restful nap." His tone was hinted with irritation.

"Shoot for the Moon. Even if you miss, you'll land among the stars." -Les Brown

Stars, I have seen them fall,
But when they drop and die
No star is lost at all
From all the star-sown sky

Old April 20th, 2018, 09:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OmbreFeather View Post

Quid got up, blinking sleep from his eyes. His bleary vision focused on the two cats that were before him at this very moment. He was bold for a cat his age (not saying his is very old... He's in his prime.)
His tail flicked. "Who are you." Quid changed the subject off him. "You awoke me from quiet a restful nap." His tone was hinted with irritation.
(Ashes is a She-Cat and Ashes was waking up Fox.)